Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,084 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK (56047 Views)

ABU Student Kills Secondary School Boy Over Homosexual Advances / Kenyan Woman Kills Herself And Her Two Children Over Husband's Infidelity (Pics) / Mother Kills Herself And Child After Father Denied The Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by Mcoutureankara(f): 7:58am On Jul 07, 2018
BY DIAMONDZ BLOG

Omojola Ogundipe, a 20-year-old Bristol University student took her own life in a Cardiff hotel room, just days after a visit home for Mother’s Day.
Staff at the Citrus Hotel in Cardiff found her body hanging in her hotel room on March 14 this year after she missed her check-out deadline.
Omojola, described as “bright and bubbly”, was in the second year of her economics undergraduate degree at Bristol University, and was a leading member of the Gospel Choir Society.
A campaigner on environmental and human rights issues, she volunteered with several groups and was popular among her peers.
An inquest into her death heard her dad tell Pontypridd Coroner’s Court his daughter had visited home just three days before they heard the tragic news.
During the court hearing on July 5, her dad, Kurle Ogundipe, said in a statement: “I last saw Omojola on March 11 when she returned home for the weekend. She appeared her usual bubbly self.”
He said the family were not aware of any ill health and did not think she suffered from depression or mental health problems.
However, Miss Ogundipe’s close friend, Hannah Agbeyegbe, in a written statement read out to the court, said: “She was an independent person. Quite private. .
She didn’t really talk a lot about her personal life. It was around this time (when she moved to Bristol) that she disclosed to me that she was depressed and she had been having suicidal thoughts.”
Summing up, coroner Christopher Woolley accepted the cause of death given by consultant pathologist Dr David Thomas at the University Hospital of Wales as death by hanging.

Source;
http://diamondzblog.com.ng/2018/07/07/nigerian-student-killed-herself-in-her-hotel-room/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 07, 2018
Sad news indeed embarassed
Forensic analysis:
1. She could have been killed and hung up
2. She could have really killed herself
The loss awaiting Buhari in 2019 election is still doing press up

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 07, 2018
depression is bad, wetin me self they face pass my age 'oloun

43 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by KendrickAyomide: 8:04am On Jul 07, 2018
if you see some kind things for life, you won't blame people taking their lives.

we pray for strength

49 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 07, 2018
adetoroamos:
Sorry to hear that, but don’t take anything in this life seriuosly to heart so much to hurt ur life.
Life should be taken gently

60 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 07, 2018
Sad, may her soul rest in peace!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 07, 2018
nuti:

Sorry to hear that, but don’t take anything in this life seriuosly to heart so much to hurt ur life.
Life should be taken gently
thats the least thing I could ever do, to take my life never I repeat never.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by UrbanExotica(f): 8:21am On Jul 07, 2018
That's why they say always ask for help
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by LisaAnne(f): 8:35am On Jul 07, 2018
UrbanExotica:
will you help ? but my problem is monetary

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by decatalyst(m): 8:50am On Jul 07, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
if you see some kind things for life, you won't blame people taking their lives.

we pray for strength

Hey! Let me repeat it for the Upton time, ONLY A COWARD TAKE THEIR OWN LIFE!

Bro, it doesn't solve anything. It breeds more pain for those left behind.

The best is to look for help from the right ones...work on your mental strength and find solace in something, ur friend or family, music, activities, mosque or church fate. Never isolate your self...that is the first damage depression does. Have it at the back of your mind that the worst has happened and you MUST conquer the worst because it is just a 'test' of who you are.

I have seen people suffered a quantum losses,damage and they pulled through to be a fighter.

Every phase of life is just like a story book, the ups and downs are what makes your story worth reading.

Never end your story by yourself.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by KendrickAyomide: 9:00am On Jul 07, 2018
decatalyst:

Hey! Let me repeat it for the Upton time, ONLY A COWARD TAKE THEIR OWN LIFE!
i know. just pray your life continues smoothly

27 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by HerCuteness(f): 9:43am On Jul 07, 2018
RIP
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by Kendumazy(m): 2:43pm On Jul 07, 2018
Quite sad.
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by Nightmareo07: 2:43pm On Jul 07, 2018
I suspect foul play, maybe she was murdered.
Being a Yoruba girl and how yoruba girls run prostitution in U.K and London city I suspect she has has been r*aped and killed.

I think they should investigate her death very well. Nobody deserves to die that way nomatter what.
R.I.P

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by Houseofglam7(f): 2:44pm On Jul 07, 2018
Don't die in silence....speak up!
Depression is snatching our youths away cry

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by LazyNairalander(m): 2:44pm On Jul 07, 2018
For what reason exactly? I don't know if I should type RIP or what.

check my SIGNATURE
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by busterr(m): 2:45pm On Jul 07, 2018
Her friend is a suspect
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by feodan: 2:45pm On Jul 07, 2018
We love bad news gan ooh !
c views !
chai !
weldone bloggers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by nelsonebby(m): 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2018
Buhari at fault angry
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by BabaRamota1980: 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2018
Very beautiful too.
May her soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by DIYhackers: 2:48pm On Jul 07, 2018
All these private people can be dangerous. You never can tell what's going on in their mind or what they're going through.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by vilight(f): 2:48pm On Jul 07, 2018
if it was 9ja hotel na, d staff dat found her would def snap n upload pics...at least we were spared d gruesome sight dis time around...RIP

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by oloriooko(m): 2:49pm On Jul 07, 2018
You school in the UK
You have your parents live in the UK
You are probably UK citizen
You have a bright future finishing from a school in UK

Yet you took your life, this does not add up so that friend should be investigated as well as other friends and neighbours

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by mandax: 2:50pm On Jul 07, 2018
UrbanExotica:

Help in a capitalist society with one of the worst public health care systems in Europe? Who will help?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by oyetunder(m): 2:52pm On Jul 07, 2018
Like I once stated on nairaland...suicide is not an issue of living in a country with harsh economies. If she had done this in naija now, majority will blame Buhari. Nolastdecades ago during monumental famines In Ethiopia, people endured to the last. Suicides is an issue of minds.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by asawanathegreat(m): 2:53pm On Jul 07, 2018
God will judge her soon
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by Toks06: 2:57pm On Jul 07, 2018
UrbanExotica:
From Who? undecided People ever ready to help these days are few,hence many die in silence..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by Dacronym(m): 2:58pm On Jul 07, 2018
no Sickness and Money probably isn't the issue
So what?
So Selfish and Hypocritical you don't care and will never understand
I trust my people they will jump and pass this one or talk rubbish
Somebody will now say Nigerians can never take their lives the same Nigeria I grew up in
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by Gangster1ms: 2:58pm On Jul 07, 2018
No bf probably caused it. There are many ugly pple out there still making it. It shouldn't be the end. Don't give up cry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by Diso60090(m): 2:59pm On Jul 07, 2018
adetoroamos:

The only problem you get nor pass that your stupid transgendered girl
Re: Nigerian Student Kills Herself In Her Hotel Room In UK by Dafreeguy(m): 2:59pm On Jul 07, 2018
adetoroamos:
Sha no kee ursef o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Armed Robbers Left Bloodied Following Mass Beating After Being Caught. Photos / Nairabet Agent Commits Suicide Over N600,000 Winning / Lady Steals The Plasma TV Of A Hotel In Delta Where She Lodged,gets Caught(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.