Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,886 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me (31846 Views)

Can I Still Go Back And Write My Carry Over After 2 Years? / Is It Possible TO Graduate From A University Without A Singe Carry Over (C.O)? / 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Soakaway: 5:05pm On Jul 07, 2018
I'm typing this with tears filled eyes. I'm 200 Level student of an higher institution located in the south eastern part of Nigeria. I gained admission around August / September 2016 but i couldn't resume same time with my mates because of some financial problems with was later sorted out and I had to resume half way of the semester with almost all quiz already done and just a week to exam. I did all i could do to make sure i avoid carry over but unfortunately for me I had 3 carryovers in my first semester year one and 4 carry overs in my year one second semester.
My 200 level exam came and i could only register one carryover out of the carry over i had in my year one first semester and I did (still hoping it comes out good).
Our 200 first semester results level results was released two days ago and i went to check mine today to my utmost surprise i had 4 carryovers out of 7 of our departmental courses which was released, i couldn't believe what i saw even though i did all i could do to make sure I don't miss quiz or assignments. I wasn't always in school to mark my attendance because of my financial situation to transport my self to school every day and i can't tell someone to mark my attendance for me cos the lecturers are fond of calling each and everyone names one after the other to make sure no one is trying to helping anybody.

I don't want to bore you guys with a long story, as I'm typing to you right now i got
1 outstanding carry over in my year one first semu
1 outstanding carry over in my year one second semester and
4 carry overs in my 200 level first semester

Our 2nd semester exam is starting on Monday and I'm doing everything within my power to make sure i don't disappoint my self one more time.
I can't just imagine the pain my parents are going to feel if they should know what I'm going through right now, I'm dying inside of me.
Please i got two years left, i noticed how good nairalanders are with assisting people with good advices that's the reason I'm tabling my troubles before you guys.

Please i need help with what i can do to graduate same time with my mates, i know it's impossible to make first class and almost impossible to make 2.1 all i need right now is to come out at the same time with my mates with a 2.2 degree.

Forgive my typos please.

Please i can't tolerate insults cos i might end up killing myself this is really killing me.
God bless you all

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Soakaway: 5:13pm On Jul 07, 2018
Lalasticala i beg you with God name please help me move this to front page

3 Likes

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by daewoorazer(m): 5:20pm On Jul 07, 2018

If I were you, I wouldn't worry much about graduating with my mates... Rather

How to be a wealthy philanthropist to my mates...

You are in Nigeria where it doesn't matter if you have a first class!
While that said, I'm not saying you shouldn't gear up, please do! Be good at what you are studying, at the end it won't be about how hard you can cram and pour to make A's.

Stop totally depending on those parents! There is nothing wrong with doing business alongside your academics.

You need to be flogged, of all things to give you suicidal thoughts, you chose average performance...can you please read about Bill Gates?

163 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by waleyp(m): 5:23pm On Jul 07, 2018
What Course Are You Studyin? Do You Even Like The Course You Studyin? Are You An Average Student Or You DonT Even Study At All? If You CanT HanDLe Your Present Course Can You Change Your Course To Another?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Soakaway: 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2018
daewoorazer:

If I were you, I wouldn't worry much about graduating with my mates... Rather

How to be a wealthy philanthropist to my mates...

You are in Nigeria where it doesn't matter if you have a first class!
While that said, I'm not saying you shouldn't gear up, please do! Be good at what you are studying, at the end it won't be about how hard you can cram and pour to make A's.

Stop totally depending on those parents! There is nothing wrong with doing business alongside your academics.

You need to be flogged, of all things to give you suicidal thoughts, you chose average performance...can you please read about Bill Gates?

The university is located in a very thick village.
Searched for some mini jobs everywhere in this village i couldn't get one.
My exam us starting on Monday and I'm trying to do everything within my power to make sure i avoid any C/O

Thanks alot

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Soakaway: 5:38pm On Jul 07, 2018
waleyp:
What Course Are You Studyin? Do You Even Like The Course You Studyin? Are You An Average Student Or You DonT Even Study At All? If You CanT HanDLe Your Present Course Can You Change Your Course To Another?
I'm an average student.
I'm studying economics i love the country even though I'm not that good with Mathematics.
I actually don't study that much cos i got no text books except for few handouts and I'm an introvert (very shy) i got just few friends that's what is making everything hell for me

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by daewoorazer(m): 5:39pm On Jul 07, 2018
Soakaway:

The university is located in a very thick village.
Searched for some mini jobs everywhere in this village i couldn't get one.
My exam us starting on Monday and I'm trying to do everything within my power to make sure i avoid any C/O

Thanks alot

I said business and you still dey mention mini jobs.... You need to format your mentality! You wan die serving people?

As for ur exams,
There will be group discussions...do well to find members and join them..ask them questions... Let them do too and correct you.. That's your best bet for now....

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Soakaway: 5:45pm On Jul 07, 2018
daewoorazer:

I said business and you still dey mention mini jobs.... You need to format your mentality! You wan die serving people?

There will be group discussions...do well to find members and join them.... That's your best bet for now....

Thanks alot bro.

Lalasticala
Dominique
Ishilove please help me take this to fp
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by OneCorner: 5:56pm On Jul 07, 2018
Go and learn trade.
If u be Igbo, go learn out to sell food stuff like rice and beans or u sell electronics... d fake ones

5 Likes

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by OneCorner: 5:57pm On Jul 07, 2018
Soakaway:

Thanks alot bro.

Lalasticala
Dominique
Ishilove please help me take this to fp
Shey u are looking for fp abi life don tire u

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Soakaway: 6:03pm On Jul 07, 2018
OneCorner:

Shey u are looking for fp abi life don tire u
To get better responses from people who have been in such situation before

13 Likes

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by dkronicle(m): 6:22pm On Jul 07, 2018
Lols try and be close to your class rep. Them sabi help students with exam questions. Talking from xperience. How man go dey sha and him no go study for exam. Guy you are actually doing bad to yourself. Meet ur snrs,. You dey study econs and u still be introvert. How u wan work for govt or be employer. Work on urself bro

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by waleyp(m): 6:40pm On Jul 07, 2018
mhen as an average student you still suppose to catch up with economics, but i cant judge you and i can understand, have been through it before, but just take it easy, you need to do everything to pass each course, class attendance matters a lot, but you just need to put your mind into it.......... this is the best time to decide because you cant afford to mess up again...

5 Likes

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Soakaway: 6:41pm On Jul 07, 2018
dkronicle:
Lols try and be close to your class rep. Them sabi help students with exam questions. Talking from xperience. How man go dey sha and him no go study for exam. Guy you are actually doing bad to yourself. Meet ur snrs,. You dey study econs and u still be introvert. How u wan work for govt or be employer. Work on urself bro
God bless you bro.
I'm trying to socialize more i got a female friend who i guess she's in love with me already she's been helping me a lot recently, keeping me up to date and it's been helping me academically.
God bless you once again.

2 Likes

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Soakaway: 6:45pm On Jul 07, 2018
waleyp:
mhen as an average student you still suppose to catch up with economics, but i cant judge you and i can understand, have been through it before, but just take it easy, you need to do everything to pass each course, class attendance matters a lot, but you just need to put your mind into it.......... this is the best time to decide because you cant afford to mess up again...
Thanks a lot bro.
I got a business I'm into now I'm making little income from there and I'm sure from 300 level i won't be missing classes again.

I just don't want to have an extra year honestly, I just don't

9 Likes

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by dkronicle(m): 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2018
Soakaway:

God bless you bro.
I'm trying to socialize more i got a female friend who i guess she's in love with me already she's been helping me a lot recently, keeping me up to date and it's been helping me academically.
God bless you once again.
Good one there. Try and get closer to ur class rep.

3 Likes

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Soakaway: 6:59pm On Jul 07, 2018
dkronicle:

Good one there. Try and get closer to ur class rep.
I'll
Thanks alot bro.
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by sparog(m): 7:16pm On Jul 07, 2018
Try to stop complaining and do more studying.

Study your way to the top

I once failed a course and I felt really bad too

Try to do things differently from how you've always done it

3 Likes

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Princealex1(m): 7:22pm On Jul 07, 2018
Lol, excuse me. My advice for you friend is first, try as much as possible to remove all the pressure and tension in you right now otherwise you might as well not perform well in this forthcoming exams, no offence.

Then as regards your present situation, there are just two tips i would like to give you to add to your reading schedule( hope you already have this ) to help you ace your papers.

1. STUDY EXAM PATTERN FOR EACH COURSE;
This is a lengthy tip and am not much of a writer so simply put, dont just read notes and textbooks when preping for exams, "study the pattern the lecturer employs in setting his/her questions" one way to do this is the use of good ol' PAST QUESTIONS.
A lot of students underestimate this easy yet very effective tip. Questions are always repeated in some cases there are no new questions to set, dont expect the lecturer to tell you this, especially if he/she have been lecturing that course for 5-10 yrs plus.

2. The G-factor:
I know we have a lot of atheist and apostate in here but still as a witness, i cant help but let you know " except the Lord builds the city, they that labor, labor in vain".

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Soakaway: 7:34pm On Jul 07, 2018
sparog:
Try to stop complaining and do more studying.

Study your way to the top

I once failed a course and I felt really bad too

Try to do things differently from how you've always done it

Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Soakaway: 7:35pm On Jul 07, 2018
Princealex1:
Lol, excuse me. My advice for you friend is first, try as much as possible to remove all the pressure and tension in you right now otherwise you might as well not perform well in this forthcoming exams, no offence.

Then as regards your present situation, there are just two tips i would like to give you to add to your reading schedule( hope you already have this ) to help you ace your papers.

1. STUDY EXAM PATTERN FOR EACH COURSE;
This is a lengthy tip and am not much of a writer so simply put, dont just read notes and textbooks when preping for exams, "study the pattern the lecturer employs in setting his/her questions" one way to do this is the use of good ol' PAST QUESTIONS.
A lot of students underestimate this easy yet very effective tip. Questions are always repeated in some cases there are no new questions to set, dont expect the lecturer to tell you this, especially if he/she have been lecturing that course for 5-10 yrs plus.

2. The G-factor:
I know we have a lot of atheist and apostate in here but still as a witness, i cant help but let you know " except the Lord builds the city, they that labor, labor in vain".
This will go a long way. Thanks a bunch
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Jayboi(m): 9:32pm On Jul 07, 2018
bros all u need is study harder. u dont av any excuse if u really wanna graduate. extra year may not be bad in situations like this. prepare for it.

2 Likes

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Soakaway: 9:44pm On Jul 07, 2018
Jayboi:
bros all u need is study harder. u dont av any excuse if u really wanna graduate. extra year may not be bad in situations like this. prepare for it.
My parents will never agree to pay the school fees for the extra year, who knows they might end up disowning me honestly.
I'll do my best to catch up with my mates i know it's gonna be a tough ride down there

1 Like

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by DrayZee: 9:44pm On Jul 07, 2018
The guy above is right.
Study EXTREMELY hard this time around. Among your friends, if you have any exceptionally brilliant one, follow him upandan for the remaining two years. If you don't have a friend like that, then become close to one. You need someone like that to help guide you through the remaining years. Ensure you cover everything you have to cover. And that your girl, she may seem like one of the best things in your life, but don't lose focus in any way because of her.
And that extra year might not be so bad. I hope you won't have to settle for it though.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by DrayZee: 9:47pm On Jul 07, 2018
Soakaway:

My parents will never agree to pay the school fees for the extra year, who knows they might end up disowning me honestly.
I'll do my best to catch up with my mates i know it's gonna be a tough ride down there
Wow, that bad?
If you're really serious and display a clear change of mentality, they might be more lenient. That is to say, if you become exceptionally good, good enough to make them feel they won't be wasting that extra year's money.

1 Like

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Jayboi(m): 9:56pm On Jul 07, 2018
my broda. i still insist. prepare ur mind for any eventuality of extra year. its not always bad. infact u may need to settle for it especially when even 2.2 want to elude u. moreover, look at ur c/o wey de ground, how will u get the chance to do dem. only if u can struggle extremely hard and i mean extreme.
my advice are learn to study how ur lecturers set their exams, always get past questions at the beginning of every semester and solve, read thru everyday when u get home and put all in God's hands for direction. It is well.

5 Likes

Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Soakaway: 10:04pm On Jul 07, 2018
DrayZee:

Wow, that bad?
If you're really serious and display a clear change of mentality, they might be more lenient. That is to say, if you become exceptionally good, good enough to make them feel they won't be wasting that extra year's money.
Thanks
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Soakaway: 10:06pm On Jul 07, 2018
Jayboi:
my broda. i still insist. prepare ur mind for any eventuality of extra year. its not always bad. infact u may need to settle for it especially when even 2.2 want to elude u. moreover, look at ur c/o wey de ground, how will u get the chance to do dem. only if u can struggle extremely hard and i mean extreme.
my advice are learn to study how ur lecturers set their exams, always get past questions at the beginning of every semester and solve, read thru everyday when u get home and put all in God's hands for direction. It is well.
Thanks bro
Re: Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me by Homeboiy: 10:12pm On Jul 07, 2018
OGA u need to trust in God and always be a sharp guy

I woke up to find myself in the department of mathematics and I said to myself that I must succeed here

I just finished my first semester exam today and Iam happy because I trust in God

I don't read book always cos I work so no time but I just checked my GST results today n saw A, B

we don't read maths, u study

I do Eco n I hate it

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Advice Needed: Is Going To The University Worth It Anymore? / UNN Nursing Students Stand To Write Test Under The Sun (Video) / Anthony Ekwensi, A Nigerian Wins Chinese Language Contest (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.