Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,370 members, 7,864,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:40 AM

Ways To Stop Early Morning Preachers In Your Neighbourhood: A Rejoinder - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ways To Stop Early Morning Preachers In Your Neighbourhood: A Rejoinder (834 Views)

Black Soot: Early Morning Weather Condition In Rivers State / Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) / Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways To Stop Early Morning Preachers In Your Neighbourhood: A Rejoinder by futureenergy: 12:12am On Jul 08, 2018
In response to the thread titled “Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable” (See here: https://www.nairaland.com/4603551/early-morning-preachers-made-life), I have chosen to make this post. This is because I met the other post late and could not put the solutions in the first page where majority of the readers would see it. I have encountered these preachers on a number of occasions and have successfully halted their early morning 'cries' both in the South-East (where the OP lives) and South-South parts of the country. Here are some of your available options:

1. Meet them one-on-one/Meet their church leadership: When we had our first child, our apartment was very close to the street, and the compound was not fenced. After the days’ activities and baby keeping my wife awake late nights, 4/4:30am these people will storm our window side with megaphones abi na loudspeakers. Mehn, it was terrible. This repeated almost 5 days and I came to meet them. I explained my situation to them and they shifted reluctantly. Then another group showed up. I still had to meet them but some wicked woman among them started saying that I needed Jesus. I picked their church from the apron they wore and headed their nearest branch Sunday afternoon. After explaining to one of the pastors, he urged me to come on an official meeting day to see some senior pastor and members of council. I went and explained everything to them, clearly describing the street for them. Obviously they were reasonable and that was their end of preaching in that street until I left.

2. Liaise with the Landlords’ Association/Meet the community or traditional leader: In one of the places I lived, there were some fiery die-hard preachers that made terrible noise in the early hours. We didn’t have a newborn at that time but I detest those early morning ‘cries’ with passion. The way other people keep quiet and accept this practice in good faith baffles me. For God’s sake, how many people have ever been converted through those preaching? If you talk, people will be looking at you like you are the devil. Those of us don’t just care. So, in this case I met them as usual but on the first day they didn’t even want to hear me out. One was shouting into the megaphone on top of his voice while others murmured prayers and worship songs, not even to listen to me. Na wa o! I went again another morning, they listened to what I have to say but insisted it was God’s work and they were led by spiritual directives. There was no landlords association so I explained to my landlord and a few other tenants around. Others weren’t interested but my landlord suggested we meet the traditional ruler. To cut the long story short, the monarch reached out to them and instructed them to steer clear any streets that are uncomfortable with their early morning disturbances. I didn’t get to see them again, or any other group for that matter.

3. Go to the police: You are not getting the police to arrest them but police are the closest government you have. This option would most likely involve some money. After laying your complains, you might be asked to pay and the police would ‘work’ with some court around to serve a stay away order to the church. It is just a written paper informing the church to desist from causing public nuisance at Street A or B. Alternatively, the police could give you authorization to paint a “no preaching” sign on your fence or gates (just like the ‘beware of dogs’). This way you can always come out and warn them to desist, asking them if they can’t read the notice.

These things are very easy to do. You can’t be endangering your mental and physical wellbeing because another person thinks he/she is evangelizing. Even if they come from 7 different churches, find out the churches, take time on a Sunday or when you have chance and pay visits. Or take the other options. I can guarantee you that 90% of them would shift away if you confront them personally. It is easy to stop early morning preaching around your house people, even the most stubborn ones! Restore sanity around your abode and have peace of mind.

The tough one currently is having the church itself as your neighbor . . . grin grin grin . . . that is why while in Nigeria factors I considered when choosing a residence or land to buy included security, electricity and distance from a church.

Cc: Sureboykris (the complainant poster)
Lalasticlala , Sissy3

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways To Stop Early Morning Preachers In Your Neighbourhood: A Rejoinder by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:19am On Jul 08, 2018
Very good one here too, hoping the initial OP sees this......

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ways To Stop Early Morning Preachers In Your Neighbourhood: A Rejoinder by SUPERPACK: 12:31am On Jul 08, 2018
this one is too long, once they start their early morning preaching, just on your loudspeaker and position in such a way that it will be louder than the preachers voice. thank me later.
Re: Ways To Stop Early Morning Preachers In Your Neighbourhood: A Rejoinder by Yian1(m): 12:46am On Jul 08, 2018
SUPERPACK:
this one is too long, once they start their early morning preaching, just on your loudspeaker and position in such a way that it will be louder than the preachers voice. thank me later.

Your suggestion is not applicable to people who have babies in their homes.
Re: Ways To Stop Early Morning Preachers In Your Neighbourhood: A Rejoinder by Yian1(m): 12:53am On Jul 08, 2018
post=69178598:
Very good one here too, hoping the initial OP sees this......

Abeg I've noticing that you are always online to comment on every thread. I don't mean to insult you, I would love it if you could show me how I can be financially okay like you who has less time to work in this hardship facing Nigeria, but have time to comment every now and then.
Re: Ways To Stop Early Morning Preachers In Your Neighbourhood: A Rejoinder by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:58am On Jul 08, 2018
WE ARE surprised you derailed from topic and just came outrightly to quote us.
But, We are happy you are among the few people that have noticed us, that means we are doing the right thing.
And that means we are getting more alert.

Every thread?! That would have been the best, unfortunately, it's not every thread that we are interested in.

Less time to work? We work while you snore man!
We are online most times to make extra cash as one of our extra source of income.

Financially Okay?
Even the richest man in Africa is still hustling tight.
But we will always thank God for his grace.
Higher and Higher we go...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ways To Stop Early Morning Preachers In Your Neighbourhood: A Rejoinder by mrtomola(m): 1:18am On Jul 08, 2018
Yian1:

Abeg I've noticing that you are always online to comment on every thread. I don't mean to insult you, I would love it if you could show me how I can be financially okay like you who has less time to work in this hardship facing Nigeria, but have time to comment every now and then.

Lol grin Observation Observation
Re: Ways To Stop Early Morning Preachers In Your Neighbourhood: A Rejoinder by Yian1(m): 1:22am On Jul 08, 2018
mrtomola:

Lol grin Observation Observation

My guy, don't mind me...I also want to live a stress-free life
Re: Ways To Stop Early Morning Preachers In Your Neighbourhood: A Rejoinder by mrtomola(m): 1:26am On Jul 08, 2018
Yian1:

My guy, don't mind me...I also want to live a stress-free life

even me o
Re: Ways To Stop Early Morning Preachers In Your Neighbourhood: A Rejoinder by futureenergy: 8:56am On Jul 08, 2018
SUPERPACK:

Lol. Youthful energy still dey worry you. So you'll be doing this every early morning to your wife and children?
Re: Ways To Stop Early Morning Preachers In Your Neighbourhood: A Rejoinder by sureboykris(m): 10:47am On Jul 09, 2018
Thanks op. Your suggestions are well noted .
I will follow through .
God bless

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Most Handsome And Hard-working Male Nurse In Nigeria..( Photos ) / Lady Allegedly Dies After Plastic Surgery In Lagos Hospital / Zero Sperm Count Result Doctors Please Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.