Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,188 members, 7,839,042 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Buhari Vs Saraki Fight again. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Vs Saraki Fight again. (765 Views)

Muhammadu Buhari Vs Jibrin From Sudan / Lagos-Benin Expressway: Buhari Vs. Jonathan, Who Did It Better? / IGP: Bukola Saraki Steps Down From His Chair As Senate President (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Vs Saraki Fight again. by kriticisetv(m): 7:12am On Jul 08, 2018
Saraki’s acquittal: Judiciary is working, says Buhari
thenationonlineng.net Jul 8, 2018 12:09 AM

President Muhammadu Buhari has hailed the judiciary for its commitment despite various challenges.

Buhari, reacting yesterday to Friday’s acquittal of Senate President Bukola Saraki by the Supreme Court of wrong declaration of assets, said the judicial system is truly working irrespective of the challenges it is facing.

No one, he said, should therefore be allowed to undermine or break it.

“I have seen many instances where individuals and groups seek the destruction of the judicial institution in the foolish thinking of saving their skin, instead of going through the painstaking process of establishing their innocence,” Buhari’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, quoted him as saying in a statement in Abuja.

He added:”In the case of the Senate president, Bukola Saraki, I have seen him take the tortuous path of using the judicial process.

“He persevered, and in the end, the highest court of the land, the Supreme Court, says he is not guilty as charged.

“This is what I have done in the three elections in which I was cheated out, before God made it possible for me to come here the fourth time I ran for the office.”

The president said the Senate president’s journey from the lowest to the highest court of the land provides an important example for Nigerians to emulate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Vs Saraki Fight again. by Baawaa(m): 7:16am On Jul 08, 2018
Buhari is not fighting anybody

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Vs Saraki Fight again. by PassingShot(m): 7:35am On Jul 08, 2018
In any egalitarian society, upholding the independence of the judiciary is a critical aspect of rule of law.

PMB has once again proved that "no one is above the law" of the land by making Saraki go through the judiciary to prove his innocence. He has also proved that he will not meddle in the affairs of the third arm of the government (the Judiciary) if it remains above board.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Vs Saraki Fight again. by PassingShot(m): 7:36am On Jul 08, 2018
Baawaa:
Indeed. Only that consequences of people's action are pursuing them.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Vs Saraki Fight again. by uwa1(m): 7:57am On Jul 08, 2018
Baawaa:

But allowed them to use his power as a tool to fight

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Saraki Fight again. by tuniski: 8:07am On Jul 08, 2018
PassingShot:
In any egalitarian society, upholding the independence of the judiciary is a critical aspect of rule of law.

PMB has once again proved that "no one is above the law" of the land by making Saraki go through the judiciary to prove his innocence. He has also proved that he will not meddle in the affairs of the third arm of the government (the Judiciary) if it remains above board.
Let him obey the courts in totality not this vain attempt at face saving!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vs Saraki Fight again. by Fuckyoumod: 8:19am On Jul 08, 2018
“This is what I have done in the three elections in which I was cheated out, before God made it possible for me to come here the fourth time I ran for the office" [/quote]

Useless Man, and you came just to be vindictive and wicked, you finally came in to destroy our economy and unity.

Idiot..
Let's see how you will remain in Aso Rock after 2019 elections.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rice Production: Between FG And Akwa Ibom State Government / Why Most Brilliant Nigerian Students Can't Get Admission / Osun 2018: Aregbesola’s SSG Dumps APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.