Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot (11431 Views)

Kogi: PDP Calls Onoja’s Inauguration A Nullity, Atrocious / Osun Rerun: PDP Calls For Cancellation Of Election, Tells INEC What To Do / PDP Calls On White House, UK Over "Attack" On Governor Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by DivinedeGuru: 2:47pm On Jul 08, 2018
The Peoples Democratic Party through their official twitter handle has caled on the Grand commander of Armed forces, president Muhammadu Buhari to reaveal the naes and photographs of his party members behind the stealing of the repariated $322 million Abacha loot.

Theeir tweet reads

"Stealing of repatriated $322 million: We charge President @MBuhari to make public, the names and photographs of members of his Party, @APCNigeria, the Presidency cabal and all those involved in the handling of the money."

http://www.vondanews.com/pdp-calls-on-president-buhari-to-reveal-those-behind-the-stealing-of-repatriated-322-million/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by GavelSlam: 2:55pm On Jul 08, 2018
Nonsense.

Money hasn't even been disbursed but PDP that never did anything meaningful with previous refunds of over 700 million dollars want to act holier.

Please PDP Disclose how you spent what you received when you were in government and then we'll listen to you.

In 2005, PDP received 722 Million dollars as part of the Abacha loot and we no hear pimm.

Money was as usual squandered.

Very soon, recipients of the Conditional Cash Transfer would make their feelings known.

They should not shout sponsored protest then.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by ibrahimsalam: 3:34pm On Jul 08, 2018
GavelSlam:
Nonsense.

Money hasn't even been disburse but PDP that never did anything meaningful with previous refunds of over 700 million dollars want to act holier.

Please PDP Disclose how you spent what you received when you were in government and then we'll listen to you.

In 2005, PDP received 722 Million dollars as part of the Abacha loot and we no hear pimm.

Very soon, recipients of the Conditional Cash Transfer would make their feelings known.

conditional cash transfer ko conditional cash transfer ni
you no dey shame ,same abacha whom the dullard you ass lick said never stole you want to share his loot.
even the foreigners repatriating these monies will never be daft in sharing the money the way buhari is planning to.

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by kernel508: 3:36pm On Jul 08, 2018
GavelSlam:
Nonsense.

Money hasn't even been disburse but PDP that never did anything meaningful with previous refunds of over 700 million dollars want to act holier.

I know you don't know the content of FOI bill, trust me if you know, you would have saved your inching fingers.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by GavelSlam: 3:58pm On Jul 08, 2018
kernel508:

I know you don't know the content of FOI bill, trust me if you know, you would have saved your inching fingers.

Nigerians have a right to know.

But PDP have no moral right to champion the cause considering they received twice the figure and have kept mute on how it was spent for at least 13 years.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by Lawalatm: 3:58pm On Jul 08, 2018
Expectations of the highest order..... Nah today grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by kernel508: 4:05pm On Jul 08, 2018
GavelSlam:

But PDP have no moral right to champion the cause considering they received twice the figure and have kept mute on how it was spent for at least 13 years.

As far as we're Nigerians, whether PDP or APC, any group has a right to answers as to how the government spends money.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by GavelSlam: 4:08pm On Jul 08, 2018
kernel508:

As far as we're Nigerians, whether PDP or APC, any group has a right to answers as to how the government spends money.

No, I don't accept that.

You cannot be mute on an issue for many years then expect others to add volume when you are no longer in charge.

PDP has no moral right.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 08, 2018
The people who suggested the money to be shared need to be jailed..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by kernel508: 4:31pm On Jul 08, 2018
GavelSlam:

No, I don't accept that.

You cannot be mute on an issue for many years then expect others to add volume when you are no longer in charge.

PDP has no moral right.

You don't know me, I've never supported Jonathan or PDP, But please APC is worst. I wish I can show you my Facebook timeline, you will know how I hated PDP. But APC is hell.

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by SalamRushdie: 4:35pm On Jul 08, 2018
GavelSlam:
Nonsense.

Money hasn't even been disbursed but PDP that never did anything meaningful with previous refunds of over 700 million dollars want to act holier.

One question man ...whats your take about the govt sharing the money directly to" very poor People "?

30 Likes

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by GavelSlam: 4:35pm On Jul 08, 2018
kernel508:

You don't know me, I've never supported Jonathan or PDP, But please APC is worst. I wish I can show you my Facebook timeline, you will know how I hated PDP. But APC is hell.

You can dislike them, loathe them, eschew them. It doesn't change the fact that PDP has no moral right to ask for something they never gave for 16 years.

They received twice the figure and squandered it. Another government has come forward claiming to do it different.

All other parties can be listened to even PDP feeder parties. But I insist PDP has no right whatsoever to ask for something they never gave.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by blackmantis: 4:46pm On Jul 08, 2018
A thief killed a man and robbed him of millions leaving his children destitute.

After a few years the loot was recovered and an uncle who claims to love his late brothers children so much decided to use the money to buy biscuits for them.

Instead of investing in education this government is talking about conditional cash transfer. N5000 to the so called poor.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by GavelSlam: 5:03pm On Jul 08, 2018
SalamRushdie:

One question man ...whats your take about the govt sharing the money directly to" very poor People "?

Sorry, was busy.

Personally, there are various utilities that I believe such funds could have been channelled towards, but the statement from the Swiss many months ago, was that the refund was to be conditional.

The World bank oversees how it would be disubursed:

What are the conditions of the agreement?

The money will be paid in instalments and in small amounts, specifically to finance the National Social Safety Net projects, which would be agreed with the Nigerian government under the supervision of the World Bank with regular audits.

Source: BBC.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-africa-42237752

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by GavelSlam: 5:04pm On Jul 08, 2018
blackmantis:
A thief killed a man and robbed him of millions leaving his children destitute.

After a few years the loot was recovered and an uncle who claims to love his late brothers children so much decided to use the money to buy biscuits for them.

Instead of investing in education this government is talking about conditional cash transfer. N5000 to the so called poor.

Please do some research and try to distinguish yourself from the herd.

The use of the money was dictated to the government

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by SalamRushdie: 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2018
GavelSlam:

Sorry, was busy.

Personally, there are various utilities that I believe such funds could have been channelled towards but the statement from the Swiss many months ago was that the refund was to be conditional.

The World bank oversees how it would be disubursed:

What are the conditions of the agreement?

The money will be paid in instalments and in small amounts, specifically to finance the National Social Safety Net projects, which would be agreed with the Nigerian government under the supervision of the World Bank with regular audits.

Source: BBC.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-africa-42237752

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by blackmantis: 5:33pm On Jul 08, 2018
GavelSlam:

Please do some research and try to distinguish yourself from the herd.

The use of the money was dictated to the government
That is not acceptable.

Nigeria is sovereign state. For crying out loud we are the most populous black nation on earth and shouldn't have accepted such terms. In whose interest are the foreign government acting.

Were they not the ones who accepted the stolen funds in the first place.

Our Government should have stood their grounds and rejected the bizzare conditions attached for the release of the money.

The money will only create more people dependent on handouts. It cant lift them out of poverty and when it ends they will be worse off.

Its like a ticking time bomb and it will go off soon.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by GavelSlam: 5:38pm On Jul 08, 2018
blackmantis:

That is not acceptable.

Nigeria is sovereign state. For crying out loud we are the most populous black nation on earth and shouldn't have accepted such terms. In whose interest are the foreign government acting.

Were they not the ones who accepted the stolen funds in the first place.

Our Government should have stood their grounds and rejected the bizzare conditions attached for the release of the money.

The money will only create more people dependent on handouts. It cant lift them out of poverty and when it ends they will be worse off.

Its like a ticking time bomb and it will go off soon.

Its not about sovereignty it's about diplomacy.

Switzerland can sit on that money for years using the Nigerian way of appealing this and that.

Many Nigerians lauded Bill Gates the other day, when he suggested the Human Capital development needs to be expedited.

I don't recall ever seeing people complain or picketing for the 722 million dollars previously received but has since gone into voicemail.

Though a few of those being paid from this money may continue in poverty, quite a few would also use it as a springboard.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by bryner: 8:54pm On Jul 08, 2018
Exactly

1 Like

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by debaj10: 11:12pm On Jul 08, 2018
GavelSlam:
Nonsense.

see vibration.
u wan orubebe dem? cheesy
abeg, take action jor; as a citizen, u can take dem to cot!
minwyl …
how many other groups have raised an alarm over this?
how many can you find?
they say think like a tif to cash a tif, abi?
so who better to know sey dem dey chop moni, Dan d pipu wey u wan orubebe?!

3 Likes

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by GavelSlam: 11:15pm On Jul 08, 2018
debaj10:
see vibration.
u wan orubebe dem? cheesy
abeg, take action jor; as a citizen, u can take dem to cot!
minwyl …
how many other groups have raised an alarm over this?
how many can you find?
they say think like a tif to cash a tif, abi?
so who better to know sey dem dey chop moni, Dan d pipu wey u wan orubebe?!

They are grandstanding and the FG need not respond to their voice in the wilderness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by cjrane: 11:21pm On Jul 08, 2018
PDP will not get penny from the Abacha money.

Shebi they have exposed my girlfriend who will be sharing the money to APC politicians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW_xEqCWrm0

4 Likes

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by debaj10: 11:24pm On Jul 08, 2018
cjrane:
PDP will not get penny from the Abacha money.

Shebi they have exposed my girlfriend who will be sharing the money to APC politicians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW_xEqCWrm0
roflmao!
as I c d pix, I dey laf, pipu dey cut me i!
grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by bryner: 7:59am On Jul 09, 2018
shocked
Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by Chikexe: 8:07am On Jul 09, 2018
Let him start calling them oo

1 Like

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by Adekdammy: 8:14am On Jul 09, 2018
GavelSlam:

Does that now justifies the abnormalities going on in this govt?

If you shouted when it was pdp and now you are giving excuses like this for apc, then you don't love this country or better still you benefit from this govt, hence your defending them even when they are conceding cheap and avoidable goals.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by izombie(m): 8:27am On Jul 09, 2018
GavelSlam:

You can dislike them, loathe them, eschew them. It doesn't change the fact that PDP has no moral right to ask for something they never gave for 16 years.

They received twice the figure and squandered it. Another government has come forward claiming to do it different.

All other parties can be listened to even PDP feeder parties. But I insist PDP has no right whatsoever to ask for something they never gave.
nigeria can never be better with this your mentality. Ok pdp squandered money so therefore they should not ask questions about money in this administration abi? Most of the people we have in apc today were in pdp. They were part of the pdp that embezzled the same money. You people make me sick with this your blind loyalty. If buhari slaps someone you people will say its ok because pdp slapped someone too. Y'all are pathetic.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by Chikexe: 8:35am On Jul 09, 2018
They still want to carry this one?
Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by GavelSlam: 8:35am On Jul 09, 2018
izombie:
nigeria can never be better with this your mentality. Ok pdp squandered money so therefore they should not ask questions about money in this administration abi? Most of the people we have in apc today were in pdp. They were part of the pdp that embezzled the same money. You people make me sick with this your blind loyalty. If buhari slaps someone you people will say its ok because pdp slapped someone too. Y'all are pathetic.

You people make me sick.

First of all, you do no research of your own but are quick to chatter.

I have even given a link on how the condition for return of the loot was based on this kind of disburse.

Secondly, a party that cannot be accountable has no right to ask others to be. It's plain simple. Has PDP ever said this is how we handled the cash when we were in government?

Thirdly, learn to know the difference between some and most. It is a lie and complete fallacy that most people in APC were once in PDP. In fact, it is easier to look at this cabinet and you'll see maybe 2 ex-PDP members.

Lastly, I haven't taken a second to look at your profile but I am cocksure you are a PDP apologist. You are not happy that someone is exposing them for the cheapskates they are.

I am not going to respond to your rebuttal. Be true to yourself . And have some honour.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:49am On Jul 09, 2018
Shameless PDP.
Party of LOOTERS and thieves are asking questions.
When over 700 million dollars went down the drain.
Shame!
This can only happen in Nigeria.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Calls On Buhari To Reveal Those Behind The Stealing Of $322m Abacha Loot by Bossontop(m): 8:49am On Jul 09, 2018
undecided
Yes oo since abacha is not a thief who looted the money??
We dey wait oo

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

David Hundeyin Attacks Nairaland CEO Seun Osewa On Twitter (Graphic pics) / Tech Firm Launches Quickvote.ng To Improve Digital Voting In Nigeria / I Wasn’t Consulted To Be On Bayelsa APC Campaign Council — Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.