Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing (2692 Views)

Wike Hosts Buhari, Replies Amaechi War Chants (Photos) / ‘i’ll Teach You A Lesson You Will Never Forget’ — Buhari Replies Obasanjo / Buhari Replies PDP On Plans To Impeach Saraki While In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by deantimes(m): 6:27pm On Jul 08, 2018
PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has reacted to a question thrown to him by Senator Dino Melaye on the unabated nationwide killings.

The reaction done by the Presidency comes two days after HEADLINE ran a story reporting Senator Dino Melaye querying President Muhammadu Buhari on why his administration has repeated called for the establishment of cattle ranching if truly politicians where behind the killings.

The Presidency defending its principal on why the president accused politicians of being responsible for the killings refused to address the question posed to Buhari by Melaye. Instead it appealed “to all its citizens as well as members of the international community to refrain from spreading false stories and inflammatory statements concerning the recent herder-farmer clashes.”

HEADLINE ran the story described as ‘false’ by the presidency based on a tweet on the lawmaker’s twitter handle. Melaye, as at press time, has also not withdrawn his query described as ‘inflammatory’ by the presidency. One baffles how come the story is false.

Mr Buhari has on several occasions shifted blames to politicians as motivating the killings for their personal gains.

The president first launched his attacks on politicians when he visited Jos, the Plateau state capital, last week.

On Thursday, Mr Buhari launched his second attack when he played host to a delegation of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) from the 19 northern states at the presidential villa, Abuja.

While describing those accusing him of incompetence the Nigerian leader said his accusers were evil-minded people.

But reacting, Mr Melaye on Friday threw a question to the president on his claims.

“If PMB said politicians are the cause of the killings. So why is ranching the solution?” he queried.

Defending its principal, the Presidency said the government had evidence to back-up Mr Buhari’s claim.

“As President Buhari indicated lately, there is evidence of involvement of some politicians using criminals to perpetuate the killings,” presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu, said in a statement on Sunday.

“The Nigerian Government is working closely with State governments and the Security Services – as well as international partners – in order to resolve this ongoing issue.

“The clashes between herders and farmers are historical. The causes of these confrontations are varied and complex.

“Climate change, specifically the drying up of the Chad Basin, has led to more pressure on the population in the North of Nigeria, which further compounded the problem.

“Climate change is an issue of global significance and the Nigerian Government is determined to continue working closely with its neighbours in order to ensure that a long-term solution can be implemented.

“The Federal Government makes no distinction amongst the population and works tirelessly to protect all Nigerian people.

“We are strongest as a nation when we are united and it is through unity that we will overcome this challenge,” Shehu said.

Source: https://www.headlineng.com/buhari-melaye-blame-politicians-killings/
Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by tizzdi(m): 6:30pm On Jul 08, 2018
get ya pvc

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by Adaowerri111: 6:31pm On Jul 08, 2018
The dullard nor even answer the question wey Dino ask

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by deantimes(m): 6:34pm On Jul 08, 2018
grin
Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by Paperwhite(m): 6:36pm On Jul 08, 2018
““The clashes between herders and farmers are historical. The causes of these confrontations are varied and complex.
Climate change, specifically the drying up of the Chad Basin, has led to more pressure on the population in the North of Nigeria, which further compounded the problem."

Now enter "Climate Change" /weather into the list of things to be blame for the well known jihadist & supremacist killings of fulani herdsmen according to the clueless APC government.Nigeria wake up! angry
Meanwhile I ain't seen any shitty presidency reply from all this junk narratives. angry

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by Pavore9: 6:38pm On Jul 08, 2018
I didn't get to read the response! cheesy
Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by deantimes(m): 6:43pm On Jul 08, 2018
Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 08, 2018
What happened to presidency?
So they can stoop so low like This?
Even a vague answer like this concerning all the questions concerned citizens has been asking since 3 yrs ago would have averted a lot. At least say something.
But this man won't talk.
Instead that onochie lady and lai will be digging more graves for him.

That reminds me, Have they caged their mouth?
With all that has been happening, I'm yet to hear from them

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by ShobayoEmma(m): 6:57pm On Jul 08, 2018
Buhari, a good man full of bad intentions. 2019 shall tell.
Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by BeingFrank(m): 7:10pm On Jul 08, 2018
Carry your climate change excuse put for your ynash. People should be, raped, maimed, killed chased out of their lands, with the assistance of the Nigerian security forces because of cattle right? Maybe you think every Nigerian reasons the way you do. Just start packing your loads.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 08, 2018
Buhari the terrorist, come 2019 you and your Fulani cattles would be going back to the Sahara to feed on the grasses the planted. Insha allah

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by NdiaraIGBO: 8:17pm On Jul 08, 2018
givan:
Buhari the terrorist, come 2019 you and your Fulani cattles would be going back to the Sahara to feed on the grasses the planted. Insha allah

With your 5%? Igbo get mouth die.
Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by Houseofglam7(f): 8:20pm On Jul 08, 2018
Is everything okay with you sir

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by 1shortblackboy: 8:36pm On Jul 08, 2018
If d presidency have evidence that politicians are sponsoring d killings what is stopping dem from arresting d said politicians. My guess to the above question is that the presidency is telling lies as usual

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 08, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:

With your 5%? Igbo get mouth die.

I am an ethnic Hausa. cool

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 08, 2018
Buhari.

Katsina State is big enough. Allocate the whole state to your brothers. They do not need to be in all the states.

In fact I have decided not to eat how meat henceforth.

I don't want to promote a business that is designed around killing humans and taking their land.

I will not eat cow meat until further notice.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by Hofbrauhaus(m): 9:09pm On Jul 08, 2018
Now we blame the climate for the killings...

I never see person like Buhari for my life before...God4bid

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by paramakina202: 9:26pm On Jul 08, 2018
givan:

I am an ethnic Hausa. cool

Don't mind the pigheaded mo.ron.
Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by mosesremix(m): 9:48pm On Jul 08, 2018
deantimes:

Source: https://www.headlineng.com/buhari-melaye-blame-politicians-killings/
*Unpaid employee allowance since 1992, Concern Parastatals should Come To Our Aids* Greetings in the name of God, it's with a great pleasure we write out all these predicament that has happened over 25years till now. It's about we former staffs of Nigerdock Nigeria who were locked out since December 18, 1992 and ever since then the pay off and our allowances ever since then hasn't been paid to all old staff and the person representing us at ABUJA working so hard to achieve the aim of getting us paid but all proved abortive to get it resolve. We call on Nigeria president (President Muhammed Buhari) to hear our cry and harken to our voice because souls were dying outside. All
government Parastatals to also put an eye on these issue that's what everybody wants and needs your help on kindly support us all
Thanks for your support cc: President Buhari, Senate President, All Governors, House of Representatives, House of Assembly, Ministries
Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by globexpo: 10:13pm On Jul 08, 2018
This climate change excuse should be retracted. Can see there's no end to bloodletting in this country

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by uboma(m): 10:16pm On Jul 08, 2018
Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by deantimes(m): 10:19pm On Jul 08, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by TOSIN116: 10:34pm On Jul 08, 2018
BULLARI DEY VEX ME SOME HOW angry

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by Bossontop(m): 11:28pm On Jul 08, 2018
undecided
Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by okachie1(m): 11:47pm On Jul 08, 2018
OK o
Re: Buhari Replies Melaye On Blame Of Politicians Responsible For Nationwide Killing by saaron(m): 9:17am On Jul 09, 2018
The terrorist govt now using Politicians as cause of Plateau genocide and Climate Change side by side to push for Grazing Colonies for terrorist herdsmen. Hope Nigerians can see the Taqiya (Deception)[ /b] this terrorist govt is trying to pull on Nigerians to confiscate lands for fulani expansion? It's no longer Libyan herdsmen it is politicians and climate change now. One will begin to wonder if Climate Change also wiped the entire Sambisa forest - a huge grassland as large as Belgium. Bloody terrorist govt.
Always have it at the back of your mind that;
[b]GRAZING RESERVE = FULANI SETTLEMENT.

Be foolish enough and donate your land to them and you will regret it.

(1) (Reply)

2019: Count On Our Support, Enugu East Urban, Ibagwa, Ani Community To Ugwuanyi / BREAKING! Supreme Upholds Ban On Rivers APC Candidates / "Forgive Me, I Was Misled" Tambuwal Begs Apc Leaders For Forgiveness - Apc Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.