Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,876 members, 7,821,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video (38431 Views)

Nigerian Man Builds A Mini Jeep, Calls It Crazy Camel / Offline Uber, Taxify And Oga Taxi In Lagos, Ogun And Ibadan / Imagine If All Dangote Trucks Were Built Like This (Photos And Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by AutoReportNG: 6:47am On Jul 09, 2018
Africans are intelligent, creative and smart set of people who are doing great things all over the world. Such can said for this Kenyan who developed the first passenger drone in Africa.

Morris Mbetsa, a mostly self-taught inventor, and electrical engineer has built the first passenger drone in Africa. Inspired by companies like Uber and Volocopter, Morris set out to create this prototype to show the world that the people in Africa have the brain power to develop passenger drones, and ultimately to be the first nation in the world with flying taxis.

Morris explains how the different components of the drone, such as the electronic speed controllers (ESC), custom-made aluminum and steel motors, flight software, carbon propellers and batteries work together to create a passenger drone that can be flown autonomously, remotely or by manually with a joystick.

According to Morris, The drone we see in the video is not the final product but an open prototype that provides quick access to the various wires and components so that monitoring the operating temperatures and any troubleshooting of the hardware can be performed quickly and easily. After two successful test flights and post-flight checks

When asked what he wants to achieve with this project, Morris responds by saying that he not only wants to show that the people in Africa have the brain power to take things to the next level but also that flying taxis make a lot of sense in a country like Kenya where the roads are notoriously bad and suffer from flooding. Morris envisions his passenger drone first to be used for tourist flights over and around Nairobi and later on possibly in search and rescue missions. Ultimately he would like to see his passenger drone being used like Uber with an app on your phone and at a price that makes the service available to the masses.

See more pictures and video below..

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/07/a-kenyan-builds-africa-first-flying.html

Footage Credit:
Kenyan Citizen TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3J0yYqpTZM&feature=youtu.be

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by AutoReportNG: 6:49am On Jul 09, 2018
Africans doing great things in the world..

See more pictures here

https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/07/a-kenyan-builds-africa-first-flying.html

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by ExAngel007(f): 6:50am On Jul 09, 2018
I'm beginning to like ur posts O.P.

9 Likes

Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by Timewilltell2(f): 6:51am On Jul 09, 2018
Only a self hating nigerian will believe a bloody lazy massai could do this. Those illiterate hungry villagers? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 09, 2018
This one belongs in the west. Here in Africa we only celebrate mediocrity. If you are a typical Nigerian, you need not ask questions about my comments.

2 Likes

Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by ExAngel007(f): 6:58am On Jul 09, 2018
Timewilltell2:
Only a self hating nigerian will believe a bloody lazy massai could do this. Those illiterate hungry villagers? undecided
It is just a prototype. it hasn't be complete yet for flight

1 Like

Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:00am On Jul 09, 2018
This is COMMENDABLE.
More like it.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:01am On Jul 09, 2018
Timewilltell2:
Smh

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by AutoReportNG: 7:01am On Jul 09, 2018
ExAngel007:
I'm beginning to like ur posts O.P.

Thanks ma, kindly suggest ways to improve if you see any, we are always ready to listen to you.
Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by Timewilltell2(f): 7:06am On Jul 09, 2018
ExAngel007:

It is just a prototype. it hasn't be complete yet for flight

So ? The fact that you believe a stupid Kenyan hungry fool would do this , says a lot about you. Nigerians are trendsetters in Africa if it's not yet attempted here this is fake news. Black jealous Kenyans

2 Likes

Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by Timewilltell2(f): 7:06am On Jul 09, 2018
post=69206701:

Smh

What is with you undecided
Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by Homeboiy: 7:13am On Jul 09, 2018
Timewilltell2:

So ? The fact that you believe a stupid Kenyan hungry fool would do this , says a lot about you. Nigerians are trendsetters in Africa if it's not yet attempted here this is fake news. Black jealous Kenyans

I like how u always fight for Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by Timewilltell2(f): 7:16am On Jul 09, 2018
Homeboiy:

I like how u always fight for Nigerians

It's because I hate all these jealous, lazy and backward country. Who are intimidated by our success.

5 Likes

Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by Homeboiy: 7:18am On Jul 09, 2018
Timewilltell2:

It's because I hate all these jealous, lazy and backward country. Who are intimidated by our success.

Thank you

Keep it up

2 Likes

Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by GOFRONT(m): 7:18am On Jul 09, 2018
Ha!!....Kenya?? ThankGod for this goodnews from kenya.

I used to think they are only good at the other one....
Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by stefanweeks: 7:23am On Jul 09, 2018
Africans feel the need to remind themselves that they are as good as the whites whenever they do a copy model of what the white man has done.

That is also a form of mental slavery.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by AutoReportNG: 11:45am On Jul 09, 2018
@Lalasticlala
Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by emalek86(m): 2:34pm On Jul 09, 2018
sorry but I cannor enter abeg
let me nor kuku kee ma self with drone crash
argue with your phone
Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by crafteck(m): 2:35pm On Jul 09, 2018
Nonsense, all we do is think sideways instead of forward, which job helicopter collect.. Hiss
Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by bestman09(m): 2:35pm On Jul 09, 2018
OK
Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by sonsomegrigbo: 2:36pm On Jul 09, 2018
Igbos take a cue...

Crimes do not pay...

Igbo amaka
Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by Metuh: 2:36pm On Jul 09, 2018
Timewilltell2:

Grow up and quit hating on people more successful than you.

2 Likes

Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by GistFullGround: 2:36pm On Jul 09, 2018
Nigerian Youths, can you see?

Life is not about Yahoo Yahoo
Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by tolexy007(m): 2:36pm On Jul 09, 2018
: smiley
Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by LazyNairalander(m): 2:36pm On Jul 09, 2018
And the " giant of Africa " is still trying to get her own airlines.

check my SIGNATURE
Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by Metuh: 2:37pm On Jul 09, 2018
stefanweeks:
Africans feel the need to remind themselves that they are as good as the whites whenever they do a copy model of what the white man has done.

That is also a form of mental slavery.
Your education is a waste of money and time.

Ask your self how phones, cars, televisions evolved.

So many children on this forum

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by izzou(m): 2:38pm On Jul 09, 2018
Homeboiy:

Thank you

Keep it up

I saw the sarcasm there

I saw it

cool
Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by EmekaBlue(m): 2:39pm On Jul 09, 2018
but i dey see white guys coupling it....

no bad belle o

2 Likes

Re: Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video by Iko5000: 2:40pm On Jul 09, 2018
Wait no video of the thing flying with the humans. OP no vex me here and mods too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Think The Road In Front Of Their House Belongs To Them? / 10 Classes Of Nigeria Driver's License / These Are Toyota Camry Facts You May Not Know – A Peek Into The Unknown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.