Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos (50340 Views)

Notorious Kidnappers Arrested After Killing Reverend Father In Imo. Photos / UK Based Man Disappointed With Police After This Happened In Imo. Photos / Cultists Laugh As They Are Paraded By Police In Imo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by newbie2018: 1:39pm On Jul 09, 2018
it will take a lot for me to believe any cooked up stories by bloggers.
...bloggers can tell a thousand lies out of a single picture.

what I see is a man Polly forced to marry a young girl he Impregnated , the rest of the story is cooked up bulls hit otherwise how did the complaint come up with photos?

2 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by olasco18(m): 1:41pm On Jul 09, 2018
If na aboki nw....all those our useless flat head brothers wil nt let us breathe

3 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by Lothbrok(m): 1:44pm On Jul 09, 2018
This girl might have been abandon by her family. . no means of feeding, welfare and/or educational pursuit.

There is more to this, if you don't here from her, you may end up judging her.

I know a lot of girls from 13 to 17 years of age already with one to two children from different men.

She choose to make it official that is why it has gone viral. She refused to have a child outside wedlock. or leave with him, make babies and after a number of years. . bride price get paid.

Beside, ladies age faster than men. .

I just feel, the family consent and approval should be the basic for a pastor to join a woman to the man. Anything outside this is wrong.

2 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by royalamour(m): 1:47pm On Jul 09, 2018
That man is a psychotic bastard.

2 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by chymes0359(m): 1:47pm On Jul 09, 2018
Donald95:
That is a strong Taboo in our land.

Your sisters soul has been harvested by the Fishermen in the Church
Kikikiki

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by SAMBARRY: 1:49pm On Jul 09, 2018
The little girl has been brainwashed and deceived by pastor and her prospective in-laws. LMAO

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by Youngmoney14: 1:49pm On Jul 09, 2018
Fishers of underage girls church assembly.

3 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by 1shortblackboy: 1:51pm On Jul 09, 2018
instead of making noise on facebook, the brother should institute a civil suit for the court to declare the marriage null and void ab initio. and therefore annulled

2 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by baby124: 1:51pm On Jul 09, 2018
Imo government should destroy that church building and arrest the pastor and husband. A 17yr old cannot give consent to marriage on her own.

5 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by mekaw(m): 1:51pm On Jul 09, 2018
pls allow me judge the phedophile

4 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by googi: 1:51pm On Jul 09, 2018
Definitely in this modern age 17 is too young. They should have sought parental acceptance or consent.

17 is one year above legal in some US states, Europe and Nigeria including the states most of the hypocrites come from.

Shagari was given two younger girls in the South as President.

Having said this, poverty contributes to children's marriage.

4 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by SAMBARRY: 1:55pm On Jul 09, 2018
Lothbrok:
This girl might have been abandon by her family. . no means of feeding, welfare and/or educational pursuit.

There is more to this, if you don't here from her, you may end up judging her.

I know a lot of girls from 13 to 17 years of age already with one to two children from different men.

She choose to make it official that is why it has gone viral. She refused to have a child outside wedlock. or leave with him, make babies and after a number of years. . bride price get paid.

Beside, ladies age faster than men. .

I just feel, the family consent and approval should be the basic for a pastor to join a woman to the man. Anything outside this is wrong.

join a child that is not through with school. Are you a pedophile?

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by okwabayi(m): 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2018
Family consent before a marriage is old school. Nigerians should go with the times. The only thing I object is the age difference but the girl doesn't look forced. Who knows if she's not the one who suggested a life long relationship/marriage (first love things)?

I'm surprised nairaland didn't tag the girl "fresh faced", "beautiful", "holy looking" or any other stupid adjective they use to draw focus away from the story. Apparently it's their stamp regarding stories involving women (and girls).
Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by Toni19: 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2018
Bros calm down. Your sister too has to be blamed. why will she follow a church doctrine without having respect to her family. she is not well brought up in my opinion. I can not imagine in this present century a small girl will not be able to say, please i have a mother and father? common blamed your sister too. little will you wonder if she has been enjoying the man's gift without your knowledge. woman mind deep o.

But this your ranting is just because the is from your clan..

Imagine if this guy, this same man u dey abuse is Dangote's first cousin's son, not direct son o, just first cousin, i am sure you will praise your sister and forget that fucvked up taboo you saying.

imagine if this your so called little sister hooked up with your state governors son in this unholy adventure, guy i am sure you will beg the family to come and pay dowry any day....

Africans are hypocrite.... Oyinbo will kuku tell you say, its is your choice, good luck.

keep shut and talk to yur sister to come home.

2 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by mofedamijo(m): 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2018
Sprumbabafather:
Some churches are not worthy to be called churches. How can you do wedding without getting the full consent of the family, you have not paid bride price and you are doing wedding with the girl?

Who is giving out the girls hand in marriage? Nobody.

This marriage is null and void. A proper taboo in Igboland.
When some churches will insist counseling is compulsory,insist you must be a member/worker in the church,you must have attended the church for a reasonable number of years,they say the church is wicked,now there you have it......some churches will ask for pregnancy test and genotype test,its not for the pastor but for thier own good,he might be AS and lie to you that he his AA,she might be pregnant with someone elses child,but pple say the churches are crazy......

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by andyanders: 2:00pm On Jul 09, 2018
Child abuse and the guy has been sleeping with an underage by taking an advantage of her ignorance.Too bad.

Op, have you asked your mother if she is not aware? Some mothers can hide issues like this and be going at the back and be collecting money, hence the girl hide everything concerning the marriage.

2 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by somegirl1: 2:02pm On Jul 09, 2018
Encyclopedia1:
If this happened in the North..... haters will be like Islam allows child abuse. Now, this was done in a church but nobody cry......

muykem:
I thought this only happen within Fulani. So Igbo backwardness is up to this level.

Without her family's consent. Note the difference.

els0nm0rali:
If this was a post about how this happened in the north or in Afonja land this tread will have reached 20pages by now with you-know-who frolicking around in glee.

And I won't be surprised if this disgraceful act was tied to exorbitant bride price from the bride's family.
Without her family's consent. Read again, slowly this time.

2 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by Donsamie(m): 2:04pm On Jul 09, 2018
Use police and luck up the said man and his pastor,this is the kind of case police and lawyers really want. What a nonsense
Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by Lanceslot(m): 2:04pm On Jul 09, 2018
The man, his family, their church and the girl are all isi-okpo.

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by somegirl1: 2:05pm On Jul 09, 2018
Organism000:
[b]At 17, she is considered an adult in US, [/b]but 18 in Nigeria is adult.

As it is, there is nothing to do than let them be. You can not marry your sister, so she has made her decision.
Which US?
Is there a country, in the middle east or in Africa, called US?

2 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by wink2015(m): 2:05pm On Jul 09, 2018
Those promoting Adult and Teen Marriage will say that Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu married a teen sometime ago and heaven did not fall.

The former Zamfara state governor married a teen and heaven did not fall.

The Emir of Kano, married a teen and heaven did not fall.

I am not supporting adult vs teen marriage. It is not a good idea altogether because of the wide age gap between the man and the women. Infact, a very wide age difference sometimes is very challenging in marriage as husband and wife do not see life issues from the same spectrum as one of the partner will be thinking along this line and the other will be thinking across the other line.

Infact, it is a bad attitude that is very common in the Islamic Northern Nigeria draw out of false Islamic religious beliefs.

It is what is responsible for VVF ( Vascular Vagina Fistula ) health threatening problem in young teen who are forced to married an aging adult.

THIS YOUNG TEEN SHOULD HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO GROW UP TO MATURITY STAGE AND THEN GET A GOOD AND SOUND EDUCATION AT LEAST TO A BACHELOR DEGREE LEVEL BEFORE BEING GIVING OUT FOR MARRIAGE.

We are condemning muslims for marrying teen now a christian southerner is doing the wrong thing by marrying a very young girl.

2 Likes

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by 1Sharon(f): 2:06pm On Jul 09, 2018
Deltatoto:
all of u is ranting pedophile can u swear I never lash minor before?

Lol this is one of them
Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by ngwababe(f): 2:08pm On Jul 09, 2018
Ana akogheri, nonsense.
Both the girls family and the in-laws are not serious yet.

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by Deltatoto: 2:09pm On Jul 09, 2018
1Sharon:

Lol this is one of them
i don’t date girls that are above 18 I like it when the first peusi hair was shaved last week not those thick hairs in old babes own.d younger d beta but she must have gotten breast
Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by Michael004: 2:13pm On Jul 09, 2018
loveth360:
it also happens here in our yoruba land,
See this abakiliki inferior Ibo. Name and show us prove it happens in Yoruba land.

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by Empiree: 2:15pm On Jul 09, 2018
Sprumbabafather:
Some churches are not worthy to be called churches. How can you do wedding without getting the full consent of the family, you have not paid bride price and you are doing wedding with the girl?

Who is giving out the girls hand in marriage? Nobody.

This marriage is null and void. A proper taboo in Igboland.
Hypocrite!

Should you be taking of "getting family consent" or call him pedophilia?. If he was a Muslim, you wont be saying this. You all gonna flood this thread and attack Islam its prophet.

Bunch of Hypocrites. You would be sucking Northern people and muslims if the side was a Muslim. Hypocrisy stinks undecided

No muslim has attacked Christianity here for this now.
Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by Iceman2017(m): 2:15pm On Jul 09, 2018
And you don't know how to break the pastor and the so called in laws heads?
You don't have fuel and matches to set the church ablaze?
You dont have matchet or gun to chase the so called in laws from your house?
You don't even know how to slap sanity into your sisters head?
You are here ranting. The next thing belle go enter and you no go do anything then.
That community should not be part of Igbo land to tolerate such taboo in Igbo land
Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by Ekuru: 2:18pm On Jul 09, 2018
What's happening here. Even those that stood beside him are not ashamed. He should be arrested for kidnapping.
Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by Billygee2u: 2:20pm On Jul 09, 2018
Angelanest:
A man has publicly denounced his supposed in-laws after his younger sister (who will turn 18 in September) got married to an older man without the knowledge and consent of the family in Imo State. According to reports, the wedding which was planned for almost six months - was hidden from the girl's family member because that is the principle of her church (Fishers of Men Charismatic church).

The angry brother, Raphael Udoye has taken to Facebook to raise an alarm and also alert the public of what happened.

Read below;

I FORBID YOU TO BE MY IN-LAW TILL ETERNITY.

I Raphael Udoye From Umualabuike Isieke Isiokpo in Ideato North L.G.A Imo State Hereby Announce to the World That This Idiot In the Picture is never, and can never be my In-law. I Raphael can never hide taboo no matter who did it, I dont care if you are my Blood or not.

Many people will say why did I went to work why my Blood sister is getting married.

It just started on 29th of June 2018, when a class mate of my so called sister "UDOYE BLESSING" chatted me that my sister is getting married and have printed a wedding card and I could not Invite her to the wedding. In surprise I asked Her "which of my sister is getting married and I did not know, Is it a Joke or what?"

She said she is with the wedding card that if I doubt her, I should Invite her to see the wedding Card. With my utmost surprise, I thought its a dream while its reality. On reaching home I called her to come that I want to ask her if what am hearing and seeing is true or a nightmare?

Surprisingly She replied "So U have not heard, If you want to know U have to come to our church to know more details". Imagine someone that I thought is my sister have been deceived by Their so called Pastor From Fishers of men Charismatic church Isiokpo, that she should not tell any member of her family that she is getting married.
#A_taboo_in_Igbo_land

I cant Withheld the insult from my sister and their so called Pastor.

I asked my sister again "Blessing who is the man that is seeking your hand in marriage that your family members will not know? is he a ghost or human being? Are you Crazy? How Could you marry someone that your sibling dont Know? How old are You? Is Marriage your future to think for now? how can your pastor print and share wedding card without the consent of your family? Whose names is written in the Card?.

after all this Investigation I found out that the so called Abominable church "Fishers of Men Charistmatic Church Isiokpo, had plan the wedding since six months ago and hide it from the girls family. On Sunday 1st July 2018 when I Started reporting that this wedding will never hold in my eye, that is when our so called stupid inlaw receive information that the family did not agree that the wedding will hold.

On monday 2nd of July 2018, I am preparing to go work when someone knocked, after receiving the guest. He introduced himself to be the father of this man in the picture with my sister, that he heard we reject the wedding and traditional marriage which will hold on 7th and 8th of July 2018. That he came only to appeal for us to accept his apology to hold the wedding, that it will be an insult to him if the wedding did not hold, that he had informed their churches all over Nigeria that his Son Is getting marriage, that He had shared the wedding card Since ending of May 2018.

I asked him a question "Is this not the first time am seeing you? How can an elder like you do such evil, by printing a wedding card without knowing your inlaws? how can you fix dates for wedding and traditional marriage only you and your churches without seeing the parents of the Child.

He replied "that is the Order of their church, that the Family of the Girl will not know until the wedding date" Tufiaa!!!! this is a taboo and I have never seen such in Isiokpo Land since My Birth. and can never accept a taboo.

#no_Marriage_Introduction
#No_Dowry_Paid
I Raphael hereby announce to the public that you did not marry my sister. You kidnapped her anything that happens to her in future I will Fight You With all Aspects.
#I_have_Spoken

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/07/17-year-old-girl-weds-older-man-with-knowledge-of-her-family-in-imo-photos.html
You are a coward since you didn't stop that wedding from taking place

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by Empiree: 2:20pm On Jul 09, 2018
Gloriousgud:
that girl is mature forget the look. she doesn't want olosho lifestyle she decided to married, what is the issue?.
Would you have said the same if the husband was muslim?

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by scrupulousblog: 2:20pm On Jul 09, 2018
Gloriousgud:
that girl is mature forget the look. she doesn't want olosho lifestyle she decided to married, what is the issue?.
True Talk

1 Like

Re: 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos by Jelal0007(m): 2:22pm On Jul 09, 2018
loveth360:
the truth is okoroawusa has brought so many uncultural things to ala Igbo.

And is time to send back to jos.
don't be silly. I thought u lot are smart? but u're actually dumb.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Divorced Wife Stabs Ex-Husband's Wife To Death In Ondo / Hackers Hit Nigerian Broadcasting Commission, Vow To Expose Govt Secrets / Hoodlums Break Into Electronics Store In Osun, Cart Away Gen, Fridge, Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.