Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,839 members, 7,831,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Uses Tap Water VS Uses Coolant. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Uses Tap Water VS Uses Coolant. (4175 Views)

Use coolant.... Not water / 5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car / Don't Top-up Your Radiator With Water. Use Engine Coolant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uses Tap Water VS Uses Coolant. by eagleeye3: 11:40am On Jul 11, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Whatsapp or call
Re: Uses Tap Water VS Uses Coolant. by adanny01(m): 12:29pm On Jul 11, 2018
thebigkendo:

Haha I never said it useless.. My point is computer knows when ECT2 is bad and can compensate with just ECT1.
Concerning the bolded.. ECT2 sensor do not ground to body.. So the elect cannot just tap from anywhere and the ECT2 problem got solved.. My guess is the ground to cooling fan was the culprit not just ECT2.
Except the circuit has been modified to use fan switch instead of ECU controlled, in that case a partial contact on the ground on the fan switch can cause what you experienced.

I never implied you said so.

I get that compensation point. My point is that the ECU cannot flawlessly compensate with ECT 1, the flaws will not prevent overheating even though the ECU has tried its best to compensate but it is far from accurate. If it will flawlessly compensate, then ECT 2 would have been useless and unnecessary.

I never said ground to body. He didnt tap ground from body, but out of the bunch of several wires where the single ECT 2 wire came from he chose one that passed but had no voltage, stripped a portion and tapped as second wire to the ECT 2. Whatever the electrician did, right or wrong, it worked. No ECT code and everything works fine till this day its like that.

The mechanics who installed the engine did a lot of damage to harnesses and connectors. Basically, wires were ripped from connectors of ECT 1, ECT 2, Knock Sensor, O2 sensor B1S2, 3 of 4 connectors to the VTEC actuator spool and the 2 oil switch on the VTEC spool where broken. The 2 oil switch and 6 of the 7 broken connectors where replaced leaving B1S2 flying. While 1 wire to the ECT 2 was no where to be found until the tap. I was the one who connected all the ripped connectors and proper tapped them with abro insulation tape. The ECT was my only problem till the overheating happened.

That modification will definitely throw up a code. I am telling you only one code is there, P0141 - O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2 Heater Circuit Malfunction. The wires is hanging lose till now because even if we fix it we will still be faced with P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 which was there from day 1.
Re: Uses Tap Water VS Uses Coolant. by thebigkendo(m): 2:04pm On Jul 11, 2018
adanny01:

I never implied you said so.

I get that compensation point. My point is that the ECU cannot flawlessly compensate with ECT 1, the flaws will not prevent overheating even though the ECU has tried its best to compensate but it is far from accurate. If it will flawlessly compensate, then ECT 2 would have been useless and unnecessary.

I never said ground to body. He didnt tap ground from body, but out of the bunch of several wires where the single ECT 2 wire came from he chose one that passed but had no voltage, stripped a portion and tapped as second wire to the ECT 2. Whatever the electrician did, right or wrong, it worked. No ECT code and everything works fine till this day its like that.

The mechanics who installed the engine did a lot of damage to harnesses and connectors. Basically, wires were ripped from connectors of ECT 1, ECT 2, Knock Sensor, O2 sensor B1S2, 3 of 4 connectors to the VTEC actuator spool and the 2 oil switch on the VTEC spool where broken. The 2 oil switch and 6 of the 7 broken connectors where replaced leaving B1S2 flying. While 1 wire to the ECT 2 was no where to be found until the tap. I was the one who connected all the ripped connectors and proper tapped them with abro insulation tape. The ECT was my only problem till the overheating happened.

That modification will definitely throw up a code. I am telling you only one code is there, P0141 - O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2 Heater Circuit Malfunction. The wires is hanging lose till now because even if we fix it we will still be faced with P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 which was there from day 1.

Okay so you mean before the elect joined the wire.. The ECU threw a code relating to ECT2?

Well we are comparing 2 different generations of the car, maybe the engine cooling control setup on 7th gen accord is smarter than the 8th gen grin grin
I drove the 07 without ECT2 sensor for 2 weeks with no overheating or strange behaviour and the dealer has probably been running the car before I bought it with no cooling system trouble too.
I installed the ECT2 before handing it over to the owner.

'10 model has a different setup,with high & low fan speed
Re: Uses Tap Water VS Uses Coolant. by adanny01(m): 2:44pm On Jul 11, 2018
thebigkendo:

Okay so you mean before the elect joined the wire.. The ECU threw a code relating to ECT2?

Well we are comparing 2 different generations of the car, maybe the engine cooling control setup on 7th gen accord is smarter than the 8th gen grin grin
I drove the 07 without ECT2 sensor for 2 weeks with no overheating or strange behaviour and the dealer has probably been running the car before I bought it with no cooling system trouble too.
I installed the ECT2 before handing it over to the owner.

'10 model has a different setup,with high & low fan speed

Yes, P2185 - Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit High.

1 Like

Re: Uses Tap Water VS Uses Coolant. by chibjohn(m): 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2018
thebigkendo:

Nna see business..

I have pure demineralised water for sale, it cheaper than coolant angry angry angry

Delivery to anywhere in Nigeria

Who are you?
Oya reveal your identity before you....
I know that location and see that tank everyday.
Re: Uses Tap Water VS Uses Coolant. by thebigkendo(m): 6:28pm On Jul 12, 2018
Re: Uses Tap Water VS Uses Coolant. by chibjohn(m): 6:34pm On Jul 12, 2018
thebigkendo:

Hahaha I know u too with your EOD grin grin

Oya let's keep our location a secret lipsrsealed
Before enemies come & steal our demin water
I can guess who you are from your moniker lol
Re: Uses Tap Water VS Uses Coolant. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:35pm On Jul 12, 2018
If you need the identities of the 2men above let me know, I sell it at N5 per profile.

Regards
Judas

3 Likes

Re: Uses Tap Water VS Uses Coolant. by thebigkendo(m): 8:04pm On Jul 12, 2018
Coolant is better than water
Re: Uses Tap Water VS Uses Coolant. by diportivo: 7:15am On Jul 13, 2018
thebigkendo:

Enemies!!! tongue

Cc chibjohn

y'all need to upgrade to SUVs cos of that ur area

I av fresh toks and fresh naija used to whet your appetite

I'm not keeping anything secret here

I wan sell market grin

1 Like

Re: Uses Tap Water VS Uses Coolant. by thebigkendo(m): 8:11am On Jul 13, 2018
diportivo:

y'all need to upgrade to SUVs cos of that ur area

I av fresh toks and fresh naija used to whet your appetite

I'm not keeping anything secret here

I wan sell market grin

Oga you are derailing!!
Come & buy demin water for your radiator tongue tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Air Filter/Flow / Breached Safety Issues At Filling Stations / Pls Can U Help Me With List Of Good Brake Pads And Brake Linning Brands.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.