Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car (7699 Views)

Differences Between Using Water And Coolant In The Radiator / 5 Warning Signs That Reveal Your Car Battery Needs Replacement. / Innoson To Begin Manufacturing Of Low Cost Vehicles In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car by AutoReportNG: 7:32am On Aug 09, 2018
Nigerians are said to care less about anything in the world. It's only a Nigerian driver that will drive a car for a week and will forget to check the radiator, check the oil and do the normal checking. To him, as much as the car moves, no cause for alarm.

The coolant system in your car normalizes the increasing temperature of the engine. It is helpful to minimize the fuel economy, the lifespan of the component, and power consumption. But what if the coolant in the cooling system fails to perform its intended task. There can be any moment when you can face low coolant in the car. It’s better to find out the warning signs so that you can handle the situation easily.

So let’s discover the warning signs of low coolant in the car right now.

Alarming Signs to know about Low Coolant in Car

To drive safely and to avoid sudden breakdown of the engine, it ’s better to diagnose the fault in the car’s cooling system. So with waiting anymore, let’s get to know about some useful warning signs of the low coolant system.

1. Higher or Lower Temperature Gauge

[img]https://1.bp..com/-xhnOmKc8Rz8/W2vezXsXrvI/AAAAAAAAT4Q/JbjAd7FMipY87I0I-rRDwoN44q6O4E4AQCLcBGAs/s640/temperature%2Bgauge.jpg[/img]

The normal temperature system results in the needle to be at the “Normal” range of the temperature gauze. Movement of the needle upwards or downwards is the indication of some fault or error in the coolant. Generally, blocked leaves of the coolant radiator are the reason for the abnormal behavior of the needle. So keep an eye on the temperature gauze meter while driving. This way you will be able to cope with low coolant in car.

2. Unresponsive Heater
Any glitch in the coolant can result to affect the heater as the coolant passes through its core via valves. So if there is a leakage or even the blockage of the coolant in the engine, it can lead the heater to not to respond.

3. Leakage in the Coolant
The coolant can leak internally or externally of the engine. When you are driving back to the home, check the road for a green, orange, or pink leakage. It is the indication of antifreeze leakage. Take your car to the nearest workshop to find a better solution to this issue or simply use the useful maintenance tips for a DIY hack.

Note: The leaked fluid is toxic. Clean it from the floor so that your pet and kids remain safe.

4. Mild Smell
Yes, you read it right. A sweet smell can be the indication of faulty coolant. The leakage of antifreeze can also be diagnosed by a sweet smell. Investigate the steam under the hood or unexpected film inside the windshield, as these are the areas from where coolant might leak.

5. Light of the Coolant

[img]https://4.bp..com/-u7MzSpOSpP4/W2vfEAdxn5I/AAAAAAAAT4Y/AzhdWHXeUMorRxNNpZ2oljLaXTlUJx2EACLcBGAs/s640/282399.jpg[/img]

The engine temperature is indicated at the thermometer places near the dashboard under a box. The wavy lights if becomes more active than normal, the temperature of the engine is higher. To find its cause, consult the experts near to your place and resolve it quickly.

Conclusion
So this is how you can handle the low coolant in car. Whether you are driving to your office or going on a road trip, remember these warning signs and drive safe.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/08/5-warning-signs-of-low-coolant-in-car.html

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Marpol
Dominique

1 Like

Re: 5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car by AutoReportNG: 7:32am On Aug 09, 2018
Whats your take?
Re: 5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car by diportivo: 7:50am On Aug 09, 2018
grin grin
Re: 5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car by babalonshee(m): 7:09am On Aug 11, 2018
k
Re: 5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car by Penuelseun(m): 7:24am On Aug 11, 2018
I so much dislike reading that 'all Nigerians are bad at something' as if the Op has travelled to all parts of Nigeria and met all her citizens, Mr Op next time write some Nigerians because as it is not all of us that lack good maintenance culture. Nice article by the way

2 Likes

Re: 5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car by ednut1(m): 7:28am On Aug 11, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Whats your take?
like someone pointed out. U dont interact or post of other threads. U con dey ask for out take. My friend get the ferk outta here

1 Like

Re: 5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car by hi3: 7:36am On Aug 11, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Whats your take?
You started the thread wrongly.....That's insulting

Nigerians are said to care less about anything in the world.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car by Sektor101(m): 7:54am On Aug 11, 2018
Nice and educative
Re: 5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car by yanmiri(f): 8:38am On Aug 11, 2018
AutoReportNG:

1. Higher or Lower Temperature Gauge

[img]https://1.bp..com/-xhnOmKc8Rz8/W2vezXsXrvI/AAAAAAAAT4Q/JbjAd7FMipY87I0I-rRDwoN44q6O4E4AQCLcBGAs/s640/temperature%2Bgauge.jpg[/img]

The normal temperature system results in the needle to be at the “Normal” range of the temperature gauze. Movement of the needle upwards or downwards is the indication of some fault or error in the coolant. Generally, blocked leaves of the coolant radiator are the reason for the abnormal behavior of the needle. So keep an eye on the temperature gauze meter while driving. This way you will be able to cope with low coolant in car.

5. Light of the Coolant

[img]https://4.bp..com/-u7MzSpOSpP4/W2vfEAdxn5I/AAAAAAAAT4Y/AzhdWHXeUMorRxNNpZ2oljLaXTlUJx2EACLcBGAs/s640/282399.jpg[/img]

The engine temperature is indicated at the thermometer places near the dashboard under a box. The wavy lights if becomes more active than normal, the temperature of the engine is higher. To find its cause, consult the experts near to your place and resolve it quickly.

Conclusion
So this is how you can handle the low coolant in

Some cars don't come with Temperature guage anymore.
How do you deal with that please?

Thank you
Re: 5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car by iamdebby(m): 8:42am On Aug 11, 2018
most nigerians are really careless with cars. Ask the lagos yellow bus drivers
Re: 5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car by ajog1: 9:01am On Aug 11, 2018
Guys, there's this v-boot we parked for years, but I started using the vehicle of late and I noticed that the water in the auxiliary plastic radiator never reduces. this vehicle has covered over 5000km within the last 3-4 months of its usage, and the water hasn't been topped. I always check round the radiator spot for leakages but couldn't find any. Is there any cause for alarm? Considering the fact that the water in the radiator of a camry 2007 keeps been replaced whenever it is used.
Re: 5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car by Tobyarab(m): 9:05am On Aug 11, 2018
Crap
Re: 5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car by Tobyarab(m): 9:06am On Aug 11, 2018
ajog1:
Guys, there's this v-boot we parked for years, but I started using the vehicle of late and I noticed that the water in the auxiliary plastic radiator never reduces. this vehicle has covered over 5000km within the last 3-4 months of its usage, and the water hasn't been topped. I always check round the radiator spot for leakages but couldn't find any. Is there any cause for alarm? Considering the fact that the water in the radiator of a camry 2007 keeps been replaced whenever it is used.
V boot. people still dey use Vboot?
Re: 5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car by ndidibabe(f): 10:59am On Aug 11, 2018
ajog1:
Camry 07 and its many problems.
Re: 5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car by AutoReportNG: 11:37am On Aug 11, 2018
hi3:
You started the thread wrongly.....That's insulting

Nigerians are said to care less about anything in the world.

Sorry Sir, no pun intended..

Cheers
Re: 5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car by ajog1: 1:05pm On Aug 11, 2018
Tobyarab:
V boot. people still dey use Vboot?
Lol, na E500 class of v-boot na him I get.

(1) (Reply)

Land Rover Freelander / How Do I Take Care Of My Audi A6r / A True Story About Insurance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.