Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,244 members, 7,818,837 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Mph (concentration In Biostatics In Epidemiology) Degree In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mph (concentration In Biostatics In Epidemiology) Degree In Nigeria (2179 Views)

Our Doctor's Are Selfish-dr Adewale Owolabi M.B.B.S, MPH / Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. / Memory And Concentration Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mph (concentration In Biostatics In Epidemiology) Degree In Nigeria by kanmi22(f): 7:07pm On Jun 10, 2010
Hello brothers and sisters, i am a young lady presently in the united states. I am almost done with my respiratory therapy bachelor degree but i am offered an opportunity to attend an MPH program here in the state. I want to do this program because i plan on moving back to naija in another 10years by God's grace, however, when i come back to stay, i want to be able to do something with my life over there except BUSINESS (i don't like business!!!!), Any advice on this decision about an MPH concentration in epidemiology and biostatistics in Nigeria? I am hoping to be productive to my country through my strength which is health care. Any input will be appreciated,
Re: Mph (concentration In Biostatics In Epidemiology) Degree In Nigeria by lallafati(f): 7:58pm On Jun 10, 2010
Exactly my situation or almost. but can't really give u any input, hopefully some ppl will be able to share their thoughts. Good luck!
Re: Mph (concentration In Biostatics In Epidemiology) Degree In Nigeria by kanmi22(f): 8:14pm On Jun 10, 2010
Are you a resp therapist or still in sch?
Re: Mph (concentration In Biostatics In Epidemiology) Degree In Nigeria by lallafati(f): 8:26pm On Jun 10, 2010
I just got my BSN a few weeks ago. A good friend of mine who just graduated with me is starting her MPH in biostats and epidemiology at the U of Toledo this fall. Can't start mine right away--- u know how expensive it is, need to refurbish my wallet first.
Re: Mph (concentration In Biostatics In Epidemiology) Degree In Nigeria by kanmi22(f): 8:44pm On Jun 10, 2010
Lol, where did you get your BS from? i am not planning on getting my mph in a private school so that shouldnt be too bad. and definitely not online. so u took you boards already? my friend just took his rrt and it was great for him. which part are u?
Re: Mph (concentration In Biostatics In Epidemiology) Degree In Nigeria by lallafati(f): 8:52pm On Jun 10, 2010
kanmi22:

Lol, where did you get your BS from? i am not planning on getting my mph in a private school so that shouldnt be too bad. and definitely not online. so u took you boards already? my friend just took his rrt and it was great for him. which part are u?

Got my BSN from Malone U (its a small private school in northeast Ohio). Havent taken boards yet. In abt 3 weeks God willing. Them fees are freaking expensive. lol. Yeah, the online stuff is rubbish, it takes away all the essence of a scholarly discipline. when are u planning on takin ur exam for the rrt?
Re: Mph (concentration In Biostatics In Epidemiology) Degree In Nigeria by mufasa(m): 12:25pm On Jun 11, 2010
kanmi22:

Hello brothers and sisters, i am a young lady presently in the united states. I am almost done with my respiratory therapy bachelor degree but i am offered an opportunity to attend an MPH program here in the state. I want to do this program because i plan on moving back to naija in another 10years by God's grace, however, when i come back to stay, i want to be able to do something with my life over there except BUSINESS (i don't like business!!!!), Any advice on this decision about an MPH concentration in epidemiology and biostatistics in Nigeria? I am hoping to be productive to my country through my strength which is health care. Any input will be appreciated,

Its a good look. When you are done with your MPH you will be able to get a good job with any of the NGO and other places like FHI, IHVN, etc. Though you will need someone to kick the door open for you. No be by qualifications but by who you sabi!
Re: Mph (concentration In Biostatics In Epidemiology) Degree In Nigeria by kanmi22(f): 2:56pm On Aug 01, 2010
It's upsetting to see that what u know does nt take u a long wag but rather who u know, it's sad but it's wat it is. Hopefully, wen am ready to roll into the country I can get one of the influential family member or friends to help me! Thanks for ur input.
Re: Mph (concentration In Biostatics In Epidemiology) Degree In Nigeria by supereagle(m): 9:50pm On Aug 01, 2010
How rewarding is physical therapy in the states? feed me with details

(1) (Reply)

What Causes High Blood Pressure? / National Association Of Resident Doctors Issue A 21-day Ultimatum / Resolution ,nutra Burst And Iaso Tea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.