Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription (4541 Views)

NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 / Gotv Subscription Made Easier With Your Airtime / Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by Newsprex(m): 8:08am On Jul 10, 2018
PAY TV Company, Multichoice Nigeria has resolved to slash subscription price on its terrestrial platform, GOTV, while increasing prices on its digital satellite platform, DSTV from August 1, 2018.

Subscribers on GOTV Max package will enjoy a decrease from N3, 800 to N3, 200 while the prices on GOTV Plus, GOTV Value and GOTV Lite packages remain fixed at N1, 900, N1, 250 and N400 respectively.

However, subscribers on DSTV Premium package will see a price increase from N14,700 to N15,800; Compact Plus from N9,900 to N10,650; Compact from N6,300 to N6,800; Family from N3,800 to N4,000 and on Access, N1,900 to N2,000.

The company is yet to release an official statement as at the time of filing this report.

See SOURCE for more info - https://prexblog.com/multichoice-set-to-adjust-and-increase-their-dstv-and-gotv-subscription-rate/
Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by Nackzy: 8:13am On Jul 10, 2018
Failed Nation
Incompetent Government
DSTV is suppose to be pay as you use, South Africans are even using us in Nigeria to make money
Imagine Nigeria having it's own digital cable that can show us more than what dstv is showing, there by creating massive employment for the unemployed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by Acjohn(m): 8:22am On Jul 10, 2018
that's what you see in Nigeria, the president has no certificate and will continue in office without explanation. The minister of finance the same thing and we will not ask questions, why won't DSTV increase their price without explanation? The summary of it all is that Nigerian lives don't matter.
This Daura man don finish us

3 Likes

Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 10, 2018
I Dnt Blame multi choice,if there was good competition from viable companies their prices would have gone down.

4 Likes

Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by Nova01(m): 10:40am On Jul 10, 2018
this guys are really scamming us .... we should protest against this they don't increase south africans bouquet proces like this why must it be nigerians that would bear the cost.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by seansage012(m): 11:14am On Jul 10, 2018
Where is our TSTV?

4 Likes

Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by teajays(m): 11:52am On Jul 10, 2018
Confirmed just got a message
Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 10, 2018
i'm in a hotel right now I want to check out help me
any amount to FIRST BANK 3115679087 please my brother and sister

If you don't do it thunder will fire you

grin

1 Like

Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by Babiod: 1:44pm On Jul 10, 2018
Abang52:
i'm in a hotel right now I want to check out help me
any amount to FIRST BANK 3115679087 please my brother and sister

If you don't do it thunder will fire you

grin
lol werey oshi. Ta lo be ko lo sun si hotel. u go wash plate tire.lol

1 Like

Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by PropertyDeals(f): 2:21pm On Jul 10, 2018
Hmmmm...

Check signature below for details on what I do and reach out.
Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by thesicilian: 3:55pm On Jul 10, 2018
Is it by force to watch DStv?
Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by Hisduchess(f): 6:31pm On Jul 10, 2018
seansage012:
Where is our TSTV?
those ones ain't competitive at all.after all the hyping yet them no deliver.
Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by Badb0y4lyf(m): 7:52pm On Jul 10, 2018
Newsprex:
PAY TV Company, Multichoice Nigeria has resolved to slash subscription price on its terrestrial platform, GOTV, while increasing prices on its digital satellite platform, DSTV from August 1, 2018.

Subscribers on GOTV Max package will enjoy a decrease from N3, 800 to N3, 200 while the prices on GOTV Plus, GOTV Value and GOTV Lite packages remain fixed at N1, 900, N1, 250 and N400 respectively.

However, subscribers on DSTV Premium package will see a price increase from N14,700 to N15,800; Compact Plus from N9,900 to N10,650; Compact from N6,300 to N6,800; Family from N3,800 to N4,000 and on Access, N1,900 to N2,000.

The company is yet to release an official statement as at the time of filing this report.

See SOURCE for more info - https://prexblog.com/multichoice-set-to-adjust-and-increase-their-dstv-and-gotv-subscription-rate/

@OP i mistakenly clicked on this your link if Adsense pay you at the end of the month you are owing me $50 no talk say I no tell you.
Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by zeestone99(m): 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2018
Badb0y4lyf:

@OP i mistakenly clicked on this your link if Adsense pay you at the end of the month you are owing me $50 no talk say I no tell you.

I jst clicked too, so d nigga can earn sumtin wink
Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by naijacentric(m): 8:19pm On Jul 10, 2018
If people can discipline theirselves n not subscribe for a while dis guys would know wats up

1 Like

Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by adedayoa2(f): 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2018
Even if we are asked to protest, you'd still see some people paying for 1 year subscription as the protest dey go on

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by laribarri: 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2018
seansage012:
Where is our TSTV?

Micky mouse caricature company

1 Like

Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by MrCork: 11:01pm On Jul 10, 2018
Hisduchess:

those ones ain't competitive at all.after all the hyping yet them no deliver.

...can u remove that photo from yor profile & put back yor original picture with the great nyansh? ....why you fooling people. ..muss u steal other people foto? ....the sad thing is that u even preety! ! (Shaking my head with disapointments) undecided

1 Like

Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:52am On Jul 11, 2018
Newsprex:

N3,200 for gotv max is still too much! Wetin them dey show? ABI ATM dey one of the channels?

If that yeye TSTV is not coming up, I will rather watch the local channels!

1 Like

Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 11, 2018
What's Nigeria's minimum wage again?
Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by ntgaep: 10:41am On Jul 11, 2018
MultiChoice Nigeria's subscription prices remain one of the lowest and most subsidised in comparison with other countries across Africa.

In addition, Premium Sports and Kiddies channels will window down to all bouquets on both DStv and GOtv for an unprecedented length of time from 13 to 31 July on DStv and 13 to 26 July on GOtv. This premium open window is entirely free of charge to the customer.
Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by ntgaep: 10:42am On Jul 11, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

N3,200 for gotv max is still too much! Wetin them dey show? ABI ATM dey one of the channels?

If that yeye TSTV is not coming up, I will rather watch the local channels!

On 1 August 2018, GOtv Max subscription will reduce by N600, from N3,800 to N3,200. The prices of other GOtv bouquets, Plus, Value and GOtv will not change. This is to ensure that many of our subscribers will continue to enjoy premium content at an affordable cost and also in furtherance of the government's strategy for digital migration.
Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by ntgaep: 10:49am On Jul 11, 2018
thesicilian:
Is it by force to watch DStv?

MultiChoice Nigeria's subscription prices remain one of the lowest and most subsidised in comparison with other countries across Africa.

Double the number of Premier League matches will now be available on all bouquets on both DStv and GOtv when the new league kicks off in August 2018. Additionally, more La Liga matches will become available on the lower bouquets, in line with making premium content accessible at an affordable price.

Also, Serie A matches will now also be live on both DStv and GOtv.
Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by ZEEZAR: 10:51am On Jul 11, 2018
Nackzy:
Failed Nation
Incompetent Government
DSTV is suppose to be pay as you use, South Africans are even using us in Nigeria to make money
Imagine Nigeria having it's own digital cable that can show us more than what dstv is showing, there by creating massive employment for the unemployed

MultiChoice Nigeria already provides massive employment to people in Nigeria who are paid really well. Also, it has gone as far as training Nigerian youths and several others have been able to establish their own DStv outlets(offices) through MultiChoice.

You need to research this "Pay as you Use" to become an authority on it.
Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by ntgaep: 10:52am On Jul 11, 2018
Nova01:
this guys are really scamming us .... we should protest against this they don't increase south africans bouquet proces like this why must it be nigerians that would bear the cost.

Double the number of Premier League matches will now be available on all bouquets on both DStv and GOtv when the new league kicks off in August 2018. Additionally, more La Liga matches will become available on the lower bouquets, in line with making premium content accessible at an affordable price.

Also, Serie A matches will now also be live on both DStv and GOtv.
Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by ZEEZAR: 10:55am On Jul 11, 2018
Nackzy:
Failed Nation
Incompetent Government

MultiChoice/ DStv already provides massive employment to people in Nigeria who are paid really well. Also, it has gone as far as training Nigerian youths and several others have been able to establish their own DStv outlets(offices) through MultiChoice.

You need to research this "Pay as you Use" to become an authority on it.

By the way, DStv is not the cause of our problems. The Government and the people are.
Even YOU placing the blame on a company who has helped the country is a problem
Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by ZEEZAR: 11:03am On Jul 11, 2018
Acjohn:
that's what you see in Nigeria, the president has no certificate and will continue in office without explanation. The minister of finance the same thing and we will not ask questions, why won't DSTV increase their price without explanation? The summary of it all is that Nigerian lives don't matter.
This Daura man don finish us

When the price of Milo, Bournvita, Garri and Pepper increases, do they call a meeting to give us an explanation.
The prices of these commodities have gone up in the last one year, why should DStv be any different?

Do you know how hard it is to run a business in Nigeria? Number one terror being the lack of power supply?

Let's place our blame on the right culprits.

Re: Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription by ZEEZAR: 11:10am On Jul 11, 2018
Nova01:

Protest against a company that has increased its price? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Do you know how difficult it is to run a business in Nigeria?
This company is not owned /run by the goverment or with inexhaustible funds!

There is not one service or commodity that has not increased its price in the last one year

Why don't we protest when Peak Milk increases its price yet again. cheesy

There are several packages to choose from and they provide quality channels than others

Also, MultiChoice subscription prices remain one of the lowest and most subsidized in comparison with other countries across Africa.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ongoing Tech War Between Tecno, Infinix And Xiaomi Promoters(opinion) / How Do I Unlock Nokia C3. / GLO NEW Data!!!!so Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.