Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October (17293 Views)

Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? / Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription / Sony Mobile To Shut Operations In Africa & The Middle East By October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by prospernoah(m): 9:48pm On Sep 23, 2017
These guys are vexing bad bad o hehe

Have you heard of tstv? It's a new TV network in Nigeria that is believed to overtake almighty Gotv and Dstv the price is way cheap as they said its around 3000-5000 for the decoder.

Don't start looking for where to buy tstv yet o because they haven't launched officially yet till October.

But we hear things like they will be available in Lagos and other states first when they launch.

I have been looking for where to faint since, Gotv better do something or else.... Let me no say anything first

Source:

TstvAfrica

http://pronoahtech.com.ng/where-to-buy-tstv-in-nigeria/

4 Likes

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Slayer2: 10:03pm On Sep 23, 2017
Please tstv we don't want.

It's DOA like star times.

If you guys don't have HD channels plus decoder way better than dstv's Explorer then I will pass. Not complaining.

Love dstv.

7 Likes

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by dabigjoe6(m): 10:25pm On Sep 23, 2017
Slayer2:
Please tstv we don't want.

It's DOA like star times.

If you guys don't have HD channels plus decoder way better than dstv's Explorer then I will pass. Not complaining.

Love dstv.
what's this one saying have you even seen the features before criticizing

71 Likes

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 23, 2017
dabigjoe6:

you dey mind am. I saw the list of channels that tstv wants to launch infact dstv, go tv and startimes are in big soup.
as far as it will show la Liga and premiership. it will sell like hot cake cos a lot of people have been looking for ways to boycott that useless Dstv. let's see how it goes and hope it won't die a natural death like hitv.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by prospernoah(m): 10:57pm On Sep 23, 2017
Good reply bro.

Especially the football stuffs but I am afraid it might end up being like hitv if they don't take time

dumo1:

you dey mind am. I saw the list of channels that tstv wants to launch infact dstv, go tv and startimes are in big soup.
as far as it will show la Liga and premiership. it will sell like hot cake cos a lot of people have been looking for ways to boycott that useless Dstv. let's see how it goes and hope it won't die a natural death like hitv.

3 Likes

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by prospernoah(m): 10:58pm On Sep 23, 2017
Lol it's his Opinion sha

Everybody with him wahala
dabigjoe6:

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by lastbaff(m): 11:41pm On Sep 23, 2017
It's good they're launching soon. Competition makes the consumers enjoy good services.

For more on DStv, check here: DStv Nigeria Packages & Subscription - The Complete Guide

2 Likes

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by leejis: 11:47pm On Sep 23, 2017
Na so.....,DSTV is so much MORE,FUN And op,have you seen the powers of DSTV explorer??

2 Likes

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by prospernoah(m): 12:29am On Sep 24, 2017
Not really bro gist me more
leejis:
Na so.....,DSTV is so much MORE,FUN
And op,have you seen the powers of DSTV explorer??
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by DONADAMS(m): 12:30am On Sep 24, 2017
If all these noise about TSTV are true then It will not see the light of the day...na naija we dey

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Eldahcee: 12:33am On Sep 24, 2017
ok
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by leejis: 12:39am On Sep 24, 2017
Bros no time,just watch channel 100 on the explorer or check the things wen e dae do
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by prospernoah(m): 12:54am On Sep 24, 2017
grin

DONADAMS:
If all these noise about TSTV are true then It will not see the light of the day...na naija we dey
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by prospernoah(m): 12:54am On Sep 24, 2017
OK boss
leejis:
Bros no time,just watch channel 100 on the explorer or check the things wen e dae do
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by samblaks(m): 2:13am On Sep 24, 2017
prospernoah:
These guys are vexing bad bad o hehe

Have you heard of tstv? It's a new TV network in Nigeria that is believed to overtake almighty Gotv and Dstv the price is way cheap as they said its around 3000-5000 for the decoder.

Don't start looking for where to buy tstv yet o because they haven't launched officially yet till October.

But we hear things like they will be available in Lagos and other states first when they launch.

I have been looking for where to faint since, Gotv better do something or else.... Let me no say anything first

Source:

TstvAfrica

http://pronoahtech.com.ng/where-to-buy-tstv-in-nigeria/
It is a good news indeed. And I am one of the people patiently waiting for the commencement of their operations here in Nigeria by next month. I learnt that it's owned by the richest man in Zimbabwe who has studied the market very well, and has put in place all the necessary machineries to compete with the likes of dstv and co. and will even provide better services for intending customers through cheap decoder acquisition and affordable subscription rate. Free broadcast of some LIVE football matches especially the EPL and NPFL. The sector is gradually opening up just like telecommunications sector, and dstv's long term dominance will soon be eroded. Welcome development.

14 Likes

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by prospernoah(m): 2:33am On Sep 24, 2017
Yes exactly

They need to buckle up, if they dont then sorry for them.

samblaks:
It is a good news indeed. And I am one of the people patiently waiting for the commencement of their operations here in Nigeria by next month. I learnt that it's owned by the richest man in Zimbabwe who has studied the market very well, and has put in place all the necessary machineries to compete with the likes of dstv and co. and will even provide better services for intending customers through cheap decoder acquisition and affordable subscription rate. Free broadcast of some LIVE football matches especially the EPL and NPFL. The sector is gradually opening up just like telecommunications sector, and dstv's long term dominance will soon be eroded. Welcome development.
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by ramzylipi(m): 3:07am On Sep 24, 2017
leejis:
Na so.....,DSTV is so much MORE,FUN
And op,have you seen the powers of DSTV explorer??
How many Nigerians can afford dstv explorer

20 Likes

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by prospernoah(m): 3:19am On Sep 24, 2017
I just dey use left eye dey look am first
ramzylipi:

How many Nigerians can afford dstv explorer

3 Likes

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by ThatCEO: 3:28am On Sep 24, 2017
I know there is a lot of excitement about this TSTV but they won't survive the competition.

They will show one or two epl matches but that's it. Dstv bought all the rights. Their operating margin is not realistic, just a strategy to enter the market be increasing their fees again.
Hopefully it will force DSTV to soften their fees.

Which one be BEin TV set? Abu wetin dem dey call am?

I stand with DSTV, expensive service with sweet Explora decorder, but they deserve their money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by snowdropz: 4:19am On Sep 24, 2017
grin @ poster above me. You wish!! Dstv will gradually be a thing of the past once Tstv kick-start and they're already panicking cos they know this. The only way they can survive this is if they discard their greed .

9 Likes

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by laribari(m): 5:14am On Sep 24, 2017
prospernoah:
Good reply bro.

Especially the football stuffs but I am afraid it might end up being like hitv if they don't take time

I have said it before and will say it again. A big brand is a big brand ooo! Dstv is experience and knows the Nigerian market wella, besides they are a company with deep pocket. Have you wondered why HITV died? HItV hijacked the right for EPL in Nigeria for a season and left dstv by surprise but what did dstv do?

They endured that one year and only showed selected matches but not all big games. Guess what dstv did? Before that same season ended, they purchased the right for 5 yrs straights running from a fresh season becos of their deep pocket. They crippled HITV. It's not as if both of them can't show it at the same time, of cos if both does people will still buy HITV cos it's cheaper but what I think is that both are using the same source to air live games, so only one of them can sir it as a means of protecting their brand. If you must also show it, you will buy the right from them and they will only give you selected games. Not all games! They paid HITV in their own coin.

This was what buried HITV! So when star times came with their own 1,000 naira subscription, what did multichoice do? They launch a new product in GOTV that will play in that lower league to tackle star times becos obviously DSTV is premium brand and can't be selling at same price with star times. So all they needed to do was bring some Kool channels from DSTV to GOTV and pay less to watch it. So ordinarily, people still wanna watch epl (super sport select 1 &2), watch CNN, Africa magic (yoruba, igbo & hausa) etc. GOTV does not even have to sell at same rate with star time as they are slightly expensive, yet star times can't take GOTV out of the market. In a few years time star times may shut down if their profit isn't taking care of their expenses. This is trade!

So let's see their reaction to TSTV. As a sales manager in a multinational brand in Nigeria, I know they will react and that's to probably slightly reduce price of dstv subscription or introduce some new exciting features to their lower bouquets, make their dstv decorder cheaper or to do an upgrade GOTV in terms of channels to compete with TSTV. I'm sure GOTV will come with some Kool stuff to match TSTV cos that GOTV is their weapon to fight off competition when it comes to pricing. TSTV must be ready ooo!

To out class dstv in Nigeria will be hard. TSTV must find a way to rival super sports, Africa magic, CNN if they want to stay very long and also win the market share.

From the list of their proposed channels TSTV can compete but what features will their decorder give you? What is that new thing you can get from outside dstv? They must address that too.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Nobody: 5:36am On Sep 24, 2017
Dstv....... grin grin
Tstv....... cry cry

1 Like

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by giftedben: 6:08am On Sep 24, 2017
laribari:

I have said it before and will say it again. A big brand is a big brand ooo! Dstv is experience and knows the Nigerian market wella, besides they are a company with deep pocket. Have you wondered why HITV died? HItV hijacked the right for EPL in Nigeria for a season and left dstv by surprise but what did dstv do?

They endured that one year and only showed selected matches but not all big games. Guess what dstv did? Before that same season ended, they purchased the right for 5 yrs straights running from a fresh season becos of their deep pocket. They crippled HITV. It's not as if both of them can't show it at the same time, of cos if both does people will still buy HITV cos it's cheaper but what I think is that both are using the same source to air live games, so only one of them can sir it as a means of protecting their brand. If you must also show it, you will buy the right from them and they will only give you selected games. Not all games! They paid HITV in their own coin.

This was what buried HITV! So when star times came with their own 1,000 naira subscription, what did multichoice do? They launch a new product in GOTV that will play in that lower league to tackle star times becos obviously DSTV is premium brand and can't be selling at same price with star times. So all they needed to do was bring some Kool channels from DSTV to GOTV and pay less to watch it. So ordinarily, people still wanna watch epl (super sport select 1 &2), watch CNN, Africa magic (yoruba, igbo & hausa) etc. GOTV does not even have to sell at same rate with star time as they are slightly expensive, yet star times can't take GOTV out of the market. In a few years time star times may shut down if their profit isn't taking care of their expenses. This is trade!

So let's see their reaction to TSTV. As a sales manager in a multinational brand in Nigeria, I know they will react and that's to probably slightly reduce price of dstv subscription or introduce some new exciting features to their lower bouquets, make their dstv decorder cheaper or to do an upgrade GOTV in terms of channels to compete with TSTV. I'm sure GOTV will come with some Kool stuff to match TSTV cos that GOTV is their weapon to fight off competition when it comes to pricing. TSTV must be ready ooo!

To out class dstv in Nigeria will be hard. TSTV must find a way to rival super sports, Africa magic, CNN if they want to stay very long and also win the market share.

From the list of their proposed channels TSTV can compete but what features will their decorder give you? What is that new thing you can get from outside dstv? They must address that too.

When I looked at TSTV sports channels list, there was bein sports. I believe DSTV have finally meet their competitor.

14 Likes

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by gmaribel(m): 6:51am On Sep 24, 2017
TSTV to displace DSTV with the channels they propose is not yet feasible.

CNN should be a part of their bouquet. EPL La Liga Bundesliga and Seria should be clearly stated as a part of their bouquet. Bein sports does not air all matches shown on supersports.

1 Like

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by idris4r83(m): 7:10am On Sep 24, 2017
laribari:

bein sport is a very strong competitor to supersport in every part of this world bro.

12 Likes

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by idris4r83(m): 7:12am On Sep 24, 2017
gmaribel:
TSTV to displace DSTV with the channels they propose is not yet feasible.

CNN should be a part of their bouquet. EPL La Liga Bundesliga and Seria should be clearly stated as a part of their bouquet. Bein sports does not air all matches shown on supersports.

who cnn epp with their propaganda news up n dan w when aljazeera, bbc n france 24 are there to give u correct news

18 Likes

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by BlueRayDick: 7:21am On Sep 24, 2017
laribari:

Most of your assertions are wrong, most especially concerning the ones that pertains to hitv's unfortunate shutdown. Y'all still keep saying the same old story despite fresh revelations currently made by the sponsors of the defunct company. For crying out loud, the two companies Hitv and Dstv both entered the bid for exclusive rights to air live epl matches and at the point Hitv won it and had to source for fund to pay the fee required they hit a dead brick. There was obviously a well planned conspiracy against the company as all the banks didn't decline giving out facility but rather kept on promising, claiming they were busy with the recapitalization shiiii. Multichoice didn't get it because of their deep pocket but rather because of standard chartered bank (a fellow south African company) perfected a loan facility for them and they paid while hitv could not get any Nigerian bank to sort him out.

Surprisingly two days after Dstv got the right, hitv was called by the bank to come get the loan as everything has been perfected. We all know that's medicine after death. It was just a well planned conspiracy. Tho it's a business world where you either eat someone or get eaten. But y'all should stop making it look like Dstv has some badass strategist doing some miracle up there. It's just simple, they understand the level of corruption in Nigeria and they use it to their own maximum satisfaction.

As for outclassing Dstv, i don't know what you mean by that. Obviously on a majority level the selling point of Dstv is the epl matches they have exclusive rights to show. We all know supersports are exclusive to Dstv so you don't expect them to have supersport on TSTV too. However, bein sports will take care of that if what am seeing on their site is sacrosanct. And they also have other stations that will substitute most of the glorified Dstv stations.

If TSTV have actually taken their time to study the market well, then I don't see them going down the way of hitv. It will just be like the case of the telecommunications industry. Nobody will die for each other, it will be live and let live.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Godspleasure01(m): 8:06am On Sep 24, 2017
BlueRayDick:

Most of your assertions are wrong, most especially concerning the ones that pertains to hitv's unfortunate shutdown. Y'all still keep saying the same old story despite fresh revelations currently made by the sponsors of the defunct company. For crying out loud, the two companies Hitv and Dstv both entered the bid for exclusive rights to air live epl matches and at the point Hitv won it and had to source for fund to pay the fee required they hit a dead brick. There was obviously a well planned conspiracy against the company as all the banks didn't decline giving out facility but rather kept on promising, claiming they were busy with the recapitalization shiiii. Multichoice didn't get it because of their deep pocket bit rather because of standard chartered bank (a fellow south African company) perfected a loan facility for them and they paid while hitv could not get any Nigerian bank to sort him out.

Surprisingly two days after Dstv got the right, hitv was called by the bank to come get the loan as everything has been perfected. We all know that's medicine after death. It was just a well planned conspiracy. Tho it's a business world where you either eat someone or get eaten. But y'all should stop making it look like Dstv has some badass strategist doing some miracle up there. It's just simple, they understand the level of corruption in Nigeria and they use it to their own maximum satisfaction.

Ad for outclassing Dstv, i don't know what you mean by that. Obviously on a majority level the selling point of Dstv is the epl matches they have exclusive rights to show. We all know supersports are exclusive to Dstv so you don't expect them to have supersport on TSTV too. However, bein sports will take care of that if what am seeing on their site is sacrosanct. And they also have other stations that will substitute most of the glorified Dstv stations.

If TSTV have actually taken their time to study the market well, then I don't see them going down the way of hitv. It will just be like the case of the telecommunications industry. Nobody will die for each other, it will be live and let live.

You make brain.. God bless you��

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 24, 2017
prospernoah:
Good reply bro.

let's hope that they have a very good and solid management on ground prepared to handle whatever may come their way Cos dstv will exert all their political might to do away with their new competitor tstv.

1 Like

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by lastbaff(m): 8:34am On Sep 24, 2017
BlueRayDick:

Most of your assertions are wrong, most especially concerning the ones that pertains to hitv's unfortunate shutdown. Y'all still keep saying the same old story despite fresh revelations currently made by the sponsors of the defunct company. For crying out loud, the two companies Hitv and Dstv both entered the bid for exclusive rights to air live epl matches and at the point Hitv won it and had to source for fund to pay the fee required they hit a dead brick. There was obviously a well planned conspiracy against the company as all the banks didn't decline giving out facility but rather kept on promising, claiming they were busy with the recapitalization shiiii. Multichoice didn't get it because of their deep pocket bit rather because of standard chartered bank (a fellow south African company) perfected a loan facility for them and they paid while hitv could not get any Nigerian bank to sort him out.
This makes sense.

7 Likes

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by IdeeEsperanza(m): 9:34am On Sep 24, 2017
TSTV can't beat dstv and gotv in terms of of service and audio visuals quality. It'll just be like Startimes....wack!
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by donbrowser(m): 9:54am On Sep 24, 2017
Hehehe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Whatsapp May Introduce ‘unsend’ Option To Save You From Embarrasment / Tecno Camon I Twin: First Tecno Smartphone With Snapdragon CPU / Purpose Of Whatsapp Groups. How Many Are You Registered To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.