Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,153 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) (2259 Views)

Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) / How I Survived Ogbunike Cave And Its Colony Of Bats (photos) / 9 Days In The Dark: Story Of The 13 Thai Kids That Disappeared In A Cave(CNN) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:18am On Jul 10, 2018
SpaceX founder Elon Musk tweeted photographs and video of his 'mini-sub' that he has left in Thailand in an effort to help authorities rescue members of a boys' soccer team trapped in a cave.

Musk is in Thailand to tout his 'child-size submarine' that he says he is willing to leave in Thailand to help the boys although with two-thirds of them rescued he may be a bit late.

On Twitter and Instagram, Musk posted images showing himself in 'Cave 3' although there is no confirmation that that is where the trapped boys are located.

The prototype revealed by the billionaire Musk on Monday shows a large metal tube with a nose cone that is meant to serve as the mini-submarine that would help the members of the youth soccer team to safety.

Officials from Musk's Boring Company and SpaceX traveled to Thailand to offer their assistance, but it appears that the Thai government has managed without them.

The submarine (pictured below being tested in the US) is unlikely to be delivered to the cave rescue in time but may be used in similar rescuers in the future.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5936257/Elon-Musk-shares-footage-tiny-kid-size-submarine-way-Thailand-help-cave-rescue.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by Babyforever(f): 8:20am On Jul 10, 2018
Sometimes I regret being a Nigerian sad

4 Likes

Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:21am On Jul 10, 2018
Officials from Musk's Boring Company and SpaceX traveled to Thailand to offertheir assistance, but it appears that the Thai government has managed without them.

An unidentified person is seen in the 'child-size' submarine built by Elon Musk and left in Thailand to help with the cave rescue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by Nbote(m): 8:30am On Jul 10, 2018
Chai!!! See ppl changing d world and lives with their billions and innovation

2 Likes

Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by lastempero: 8:33am On Jul 10, 2018
Elon no try for this one, a submarine that the user cannot control,what if something goes wrong shocked
Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by Acjohn(m): 8:34am On Jul 10, 2018
That guy is the other surviving steve jobs our own wey dey villages, Buhari and his cronies don kill them.

The ones wey survive they tell them say them no be Hausa so dem no get right to Nigerian resources say na spear parts, cultism and cocoa farming be their heritage.

The ones wey be Hausa their Papa say make them no go school because na sin e be to go oyibo school.

That is why you see confusion every where way make some people feel say person wey no get certificate fit be president

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by czarina(f): 8:38am On Jul 10, 2018
Finally though late, Elon Musk comes through. I think someone mentioned him in an earlier thread.

1 Like

Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by decatalyst(m): 8:44am On Jul 10, 2018
lastempero:
Elon no try for this one, a submarine that the user cannot control,what if something goes wrong shocked

Nah people like you suppose dey trapped and never return undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by EmmaLege: 8:56am On Jul 10, 2018
Good news tho
Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:57am On Jul 10, 2018
lastempero:

But he did something and this will be used in the future.

The divers will control it.

1 Like

Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by lastempero: 9:01am On Jul 10, 2018
decatalyst:

Nah people like you suppose dey trapped and never return undecided

MUmu, Iam sure u don't understand English.

Must show ur frustration here,go and buy sense.
Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by lastempero: 9:04am On Jul 10, 2018
Explorers:

But he did something and this will be used in the future.

The divers will control it.

I understand that, but it seems the submarine is not user friendly. What if something goes wrong with the person inside, how will the divers get to know that in time.
Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by Kingdolo(m): 9:25am On Jul 10, 2018
shocked
Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by Explorers(m): 10:22am On Jul 10, 2018
lastempero:

I understand that, but it seems the submarine is not user friendly. What if something goes wrong with the person inside, how will the divers get to know that in time.

I don't think anything can go wrong as long as the oxygen supply in the tube is well.
Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by klexycole(m): 10:31am On Jul 10, 2018
Guys, confirmed! The ELEVENTH boy has been rescued!

More to come. Good news! cheesy

https://www.theguardian.com/news/live/2018/jul/10/thai-cave-rescue-third-mission-planned-to-bring-out-remaining-boys-and-coach-live-updates

https://edition.cnn.com/asia/live-news/thai-cave-rescue-live-intl/index.html

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/986422/Thai-cave-rescue-update-live-operation-trapped-boys-Thailand-latest-news

Cc Explorers

MODIFIED: All boys and the coach are now freed from the Thai Cave. Congratulations to the team, The Thai Navy Seals,
and The International Divers.

This is a moment of joy. cheesy smiley

2 Likes

Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by RRWraith(m): 11:01am On Jul 10, 2018
Innovative
Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by Imustreturn(m): 11:06am On Jul 10, 2018
Wch kind of dirty country I from like this self.

Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by dfrost: 12:03pm On Jul 10, 2018
Imustreturn:
Wch kind of dirty country I from like this self.

We can only hope, mate honestly. Sometimes you try to create something but forces keep fighting against it. angry cry. For no reason.
Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by troubleseller: 12:59pm On Jul 10, 2018
Elon Musk. Role Model for life
Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by ReneeNuttall(f): 1:11pm On Jul 10, 2018
Someone should bewitch me Already! Lemme get dafuck outta this shithole.
Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2018
Elon Musk just thought me a lesson in innovation cool
Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by Imustreturn(m): 4:29pm On Jul 10, 2018
dfrost:

We can only hope, mate honestly. Sometimes you try to create something but forces keep fighting against it. angry cry. For no reason.
I don't even know what to say anymore bro.. U just said all.

U don't even know we're the forces is even coming from.

Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by Flexherbal(m): 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2018
These people are so so ahead !
Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by EmmaLege: 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2018
Flexherbal:
These people are so so ahead !

I'm telling u sad
Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by peacengine(m): 12:33pm On Jul 11, 2018
Babyforever:
Sometimes I regret being a Nigerian sad

U can still change ur country, marry me and become citizen of Israel grin
Re: Mini Sub Elon Musk Built To Rescue 13 Thai Boys Trapped In A Cave(Photos) by charlesll(m): 2:55pm On Jul 11, 2018
peacengine:

U can still change ur country, marry me and become citizen of Israel grin

(1) (Reply)

Can I Relocate To Germany With 4million Naira ?? / South Africa Vs Uk / Pictures ( Inside An Estate In A 3rd Tier Chinese City)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.