Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,468 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials (20134 Views)

EFCC Confirms Mompha Arrest, Releases Statement And Photos / Police Releases Statement Over Woman Who Accused Husband Of Being A Ritualist / Police Releases Statement On Man Who Was Shot By SARS In Ojota (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by drey076(m): 9:04am On Jul 11, 2018
AlhajiEsu:
I wonder what the role of NLC is in Nigeria. Some of their actions look like thuggery to me. There are so many issues workers face in this country and they are not protesting about it. Some state governments owe up to 6 months salaries. What are they even looking for in that organisation
i was told from reliable source that MTN usually sack employee that joined Union
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by alfredilly: 9:04am On Jul 11, 2018
anthonanik:
Federal government continue harrasing the foreign companies that came to save us from unemployment.
Is NLC and federal gobernment the same. The exploitative practices of MTN towards their workers and customers is being aided by federal government through excess tariff which the service provider recover further recover from customers. Do you know that majority of MTN workers are contract staff who have no job security. Many of them don't enjoy benefits of full employee.
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by Tunagee(m): 9:11am On Jul 11, 2018
Gamesmart:

This is nonsense!

Some of you are senseless.

You don't need a union to fight for the pension you are entitled to. You need a lawyer!

If you cannot take them to court for such an action, you are either lying or you are dumb. Which one is it?

Ori baba e lo daru! Did I send this to u. Foolish idiot!!!
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by drey076(m): 9:11am On Jul 11, 2018
Zionista:

You sound like a certified novice. Its better to keep quiet and be seen as an intelligent person than to start talking and end up raising doubts about your cognitive abilities.
Nice response
they brought their hatred for FG on every thread

1 Like

Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by Psoul(m): 9:16am On Jul 11, 2018
Abeyjide:

is there any prove to back up the statement that the staff were beaten? common

Did u watch the video. If u did not, go back and watch it.
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by Mboi2: 9:18am On Jul 11, 2018
Gamesmart:

This is nonsense!

Some of you are senseless.

You don't need a union to fight for the pension you are entitled to. You need a lawyer!

If you cannot take them to court for such an action, you are either lying or you are dumb. Which one is it?
Who is this fool. Who is senseless, your father abi? Because you're a beneficiary of massive corruption happening in MTN that's why you're this gullible. All of you supporters of evil in this country because you benefit from it, God's wrath will soon visit you.
MTN through their contractors, MACTAY, CNSSL and now ISON BPO, exploit graduates because there's no jobs in Nigeria and one has no capital to establish his own business. They pay them peanuts, without medical, they deduct money for tax but never paid anything. Most people that had issues on the road who presented their tax card, LASG checked and confirmed nothing has been paid as tax and they still settle all with their money. Go to the office and send a mail, they will threaten you. On pension deductions, if you check you notice your pension was deposited like two years back.
Somebody you pay peanuts monthly will go and hire lawyer abi? If MTN is a member of NLC, they can't be treating Nigerians that work for them like this. So you are the dumb here.

1 Like

Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by newslifeop: 9:20am On Jul 11, 2018
hmmm
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by Gamesmart: 9:31am On Jul 11, 2018
Tunagee:

Ori baba e lo daru! Did I send this to u. Foolish idiot!!!

Go to court and stop talking nonsense about union.

Why dem no go misuse you when you no get sense?
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by Gamesmart: 9:35am On Jul 11, 2018
Mboi2:

Who is this fool. Who is senseless, your father abi? Because you're a beneficiary of massive corruption happening in MTN that's why you're this gullible. All of you supporters of evil in this country because you benefit from it, God's wrath will soon visit you.
MTN through their contractors, MACTAY, CNSSL and now ISON BPO, exploit graduates because there's no jobs in Nigeria and one has no capital to establish his own business. They pay them peanuts, without medical, they deduct money for tax but never paid anything. Most people that had issues on the road who presented their tax card, LASG checked and confirmed nothing has been paid as tax and they still settle all with their money. Go to the office and send a mail, they will threaten you. On pension deductions, if you check you notice your pension was deposited like two years back.
Somebody you pay peanuts monthly will go and hire lawyer abi? If MTN is a member of NLC, they can't be treating Nigerians that work for them like this. So you are the dumb here.

You are the fool.

You claim a company is acting illegally toward hundreds, if not thousands of you, by not paying your pension, but yet it is one yeye God you are hoping to stop it instead of going to court in a class action suit to press charges against the illegal actions.

Una all stupid beyond belief.

Continue waiting for God's wrath. Na hunger go kill you 1000 years before it arrives.
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by kaydp: 9:52am On Jul 11, 2018
AlhajiEsu:
I wonder what the role of NLC is in Nigeria. Some of their actions look like thuggery to me. There are so many issues workers face in this country and they are not protesting about it. Some state governments owe up to 6 months salaries. What are they even looking for in that organisation
Well said bro
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by Mboi2: 10:30am On Jul 11, 2018
Gamesmart:

You are the fool.

You claim a company is acting illegally toward hundreds, if not thousands of you, by not paying your pension, but yet it is one yeye God you are hoping to stop it instead of going to court in a class action suit to press charges against the illegal actions.

Una all stupid beyond belief.

Continue waiting for God's wrath. Na hunger go kill you 1000 years before it arrives.
Let me tell you, whatever I hand over to God is settled and God has fought my battles for me. Yes I have a dependable God in heaven who does everything for me. Why will I struggle to fight over bad things evil men of this world like you do? Because my God is able. Am sorry for you because your god is not able, you have a god that doesn't talk not see which you fight for instead of the thing fighting for you.. Lol... That's why you're pained. You see, even little peace you don't have in your life that's why you attack people you don't know anything about.

All those that MTN exploited for years and later indirectly laid them off unjustly, go and check them now, they keep thanking God for their lives everyday while you're here bitting yourself. My friend go and look for PEACE to be in your life.
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by Gamesmart: 11:34am On Jul 11, 2018
Mboi2:

Let me tell you, whatever I hand over to God is settled and God has fought my battles for me. Yes I have a dependable God in heaven who does everything for me. Why will I struggle to fight over bad things evil men of this world like you do? Because my God is able. Am sorry for you because your god is not able, you have a god that doesn't talk not see which you fight for instead of the thing fighting for you.. Lol... That's why you're pained. You see, even little peace you don't have in your life that's why you attack people you don't know anything about.

All those that MTN exploited for years and later indirectly laid them off unjustly, go and check them now, they keep thanking God for their lives everyday while you're here bitting yourself. My friend go and look for PEACE to be in your life.

They are bastards for paying you N45K per month.

I would not pay you one naira more than N7K per month with your reasoning.
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by adesaeed2020: 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2018
so, in ur mind now, NLC is the FG undecided.
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by Thojan(m): 4:30pm On Jul 11, 2018
MTN should do the needful..
Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by AlhajiEsu: 5:53pm On Jul 11, 2018
dROC1:

Sad how the largest employers of labour in Nigeria are foreign companies yet we fine them, picket them and destroy their properties yet we wonder why the likes of Delta and United airlines ran away from Nigeria.

Why are we as a people so unreasonable? Imagine NLC beating up the same MTN workers they said they were protesting to protect their rights. Who is fooling Who?

This country(Zoo) would only be an option to my unborn kids. ** Spits***

My point exactly. Why would you attack the people you are supposedly fighting for ... if you are not fighting for your pockets

1 Like

Re: MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials by MalikP81(f): 5:17am On Jul 13, 2018
Mboi2:
Despite the fact that I don't like the way NLC went about the whole thing, MTN Nigeria should be checked. The way they casualise workers and throw them out as they like is not fair. If you hear how ISON BPO, CNSSL and other contractors are managing MTN Contract staff, you'll have pity on them and I believe it's because they're not part of NLC, thats why they do whatever they like. Let's say NO to casualization of workers in Nigeria by foreign companies.

Go n enquire abt MTN
Then come back here n typ ur frustrations back to ur Frenchise owners
Mxm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man In Kenya Stabs His Friend To Death (Photo, Video) / Gunmen Snatch Lexus Jeep, Kidnap Owner In Ibadan / Generator Thief Forced To Do Frog Jump After Being Caught (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.