Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:45 AM

Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday (847 Views)

Buhari's Outfit For The Ogun 40th Anniversary Celebration Today (Pics) / Ogun To Commission 40 Projects For The Commemoration Of Her 40th Anniversary / Man Loses Wife In Abuja Bomb Blast, Just One Year After Their Wedding (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday by Kennyblues(m): 8:49am On Jun 11, 2010
Life, they say, begins at 40. For this reason, when an Osogbo-based interior decorator, Aderemi Okunade, clocked 40 on May 28, 2010, he invited a few friends and colleagues to join him for a low-key celebration at a bar.

But an argument ensued in the midst of the celebration over who is richer between two prominent musicians, Wasiu Ayinde, and Abass Obesere.

One of those engaged in the argument and a guest of Okunade, Mayowa Olaleye, 32, threw some beer into the host‘s right eye and smashed same with a glass cup. The host eventually lost the eye.

Okunade said,”When I finished the day‘s job, I decided to celebrate my birthday with my co-workers and friends. Initially, I had planned to go to a particular bar but as we drove through Egbatedo Street, Osogbo, I saw a popular bar and I decided to have some drinks there with my friends.

”Olaleye is a younger fellow whom I know in the neighbourhood. He is like a younger brother to me. At the bar, I bought beer for my friends, including Olaleye. An argument ensued over who is richer between Wasiu Ayinde and Obesere. I bought a bottle of Trophy for Olaleye, who was rooting for Obesere, while one Kamoru Adebayo, a primary school teacher, felt Ayinde is richer.

At a point when the argument was going out of hand, I intervened. While Adebayo heeded my admonition, Olaleye did not. I rebuked him. In anger, he threw his beer into my face and smashed his glass cup into my right eye. My right eye was shattered and I was soaked in my own blood. I was rushed to nearby Ladoke Akintola University Teaching Hospital, Osogbo. But Olaleye fled.”

Okunade, an indigene of Iree and a father of three boys and one girl, has been receiving well-wishers and sympathisers since the incident happened. He said the treatment cost him a lot of money.

An eyewitness, who chose to be anonymous, told PUNCH METRO, ”They did not come together. Okunade arrived in his Honda Acura Legend car with some of his friends and co-workers. Olaleye, Kamoru Adebayo and one Dayo arrived about the same time. They all are from the neighbourhood. There was an argument over who is the richer between Ayinde and Obesere.

”The friends became divided. At a point during the argument, a group was playing Ayinde‘s songs on a mobile phone, while the other group was playing Obesere‘s songs on another phone. The argument became heated. Okunade insisted that Ayinde was richer. At a point, there was a shouting match between Okuande and Olaleye.

”Okunade said he would not fight Olaleye because he is older, stronger and richer than he. He described Olaleye as a worthless fellow and this infuriated the younger man, who threw the beer he was drinking into Okunade‘s face and smashed his glass cup into his face.”

Five days after he was discharged from the hospital, Okunade in company with his wife, arrested Olaleye while he was relaxing at home and took him to the police station.

Okunade explained that he had spent a fortune in medical treatment just as he welcomed support from public-spirited individuals and groups.

Subsequently, the police charged Olaleye to court and he was arraigned before Magistrate Olalekan Ijiyode.

In court, Olaleye admitted that he was guilty and begged for leniency. His lawyer, Mr. Adegoke Ogunsola, urged the court to temper justice with mercy, saying that Olaleye‘s wife, children and aged mother would suffer if he was convicted.

But the magistrate said that punishment must be meted out to Olaleye to serve as deterrent to others.

Ijiyode subsequently sentenced Olaleye to two years imprisonment without an option of fine.

Re: Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 11, 2010
Orishirishi. In the twinkle of an eye, an eye is lost! All 'cos of 'mis waka' and 'mis yarn'. May God save us from our own indiscretions and those of others.
Re: Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 11, 2010
Why are blacks so violent ?

grin
Re: Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 11, 2010
The evils of drink. . .
Re: Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday by desgiezd(m): 10:07am On Jun 11, 2010
frosbel:

grin

What a useless question? Are you telling us that whites are less violent? Havent we seen whites in shooting sprees in schools, markets and other highly populated places?

@ Topic

There was an argument over who is the richer between Ayinde and Obesere.

I wonder why people would engage in worthless arguments that would not add any value to the lives of the people arguing or to the people they are arguing about.

What a waste!
Re: Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday by violent(m): 11:51am On Jun 11, 2010
frosbel:

grin
Re: Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday by edoyad(m): 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2010
Personally i think Wasiu is richer, the other guy was wrong sha.
Re: Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday by redsun(m): 1:48pm On Jun 11, 2010
As a result of rubbish talks foolish nigerians always dwell on,of who is richer than who.

Wealth is inmeasurable,the one that is wealthy is the one that is healthy,mentally and otherwise,happy and helpful to others.
Re: Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday by desgiezd(m): 2:02pm On Jun 11, 2010
edoyad:

Personally i think Wasiu is richer, the other guy was wrong sha.

You wanna start the argument here? Pray someone doesnt remove your teeth through e-punch
Re: Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday by edoyad(m): 6:14pm On Jun 11, 2010
desgiezd:

You wanna start the argument here? Pray someone doesnt remove your teeth through e-punch

No i'm not starting an argument o. If you check very well you'll see Obesere is just showing off, Wasiu is the real don. Check the buttocks of his girls, they jiggle more and look more nourished than Obesere's girls' own
Re: Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 11, 2010
What a shame.

Shoulda cooked your own darn food and celebrated with family.
Re: Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday by deor03(m): 7:27pm On Jun 11, 2010
edoyad:

No i'm not starting an argument o. If you check very well you'll see Obesere is just showing off, Wasiu is the real don. Check the buttocks of his girls, they jiggle more and look more nourished than Obesere's girls' own

What do you mean?, Don't you know that Cossy dances for Obesere. Why do you think She doesn't dance for Wasiu.

It is because Wasiu CANNOT afford to pay her, therefore Obesere is richer !
Re: Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday by oderemo(m): 9:45pm On Jun 11, 2010
how on earth can one looses his eye to this clown.
chei

Re: Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday by edoyad(m): 10:05pm On Jun 11, 2010
deor03:

What do you mean?, Don't you know that Cossy dances for Obesere. Why do you think She doesn't dance for Wasiu.

It is because Wasiu CANNOT afford to pay her, therefore Obesere is richer !
Let me something, Cossy only went to Obesere out of anger. It was when rumour started spreading that Wasiu was going to bring Fatia Balogun to dance for him but later on she refuse and say she is actress and won't dance. After this Cossy said she's not anybody 2nd hand and want to Obe.

ode remo:

chei
This matter is serious matter don't play it down like that. See Israel and Palestine fighting over common land why shouldn't people fight over who has money pass ?
Re: Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday by oderemo(m): 10:11pm On Jun 11, 2010
@edoyard,
take it from me these guys are noffing but clowns.
trust me.
Re: Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday by MissyB1(m): 10:16pm On Jun 11, 2010
ode remo:

chei
**Death** grin grin grin
Is that the man? **Dies**
Re: Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday by oderemo(m): 10:20pm On Jun 11, 2010
yeah , thats the one and only ARABANBI 1. FORMERLY , KWAM 1.
how can one looses an eye for a clown., dont get this silly beer parlour arguments.
Re: Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday by edoyad(m): 10:22pm On Jun 11, 2010
ode remo:

@edoyard,
take it from me these guys are noffing but clowns.
trust me.
lol grin , i know i know, just having fun. Believe me i know first hand the effects of alcohol on a human being, have you seen someone downing beer and also crying that the world has changed ? grin
Re: Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday by WilyWily5: 10:29pm On Jun 11, 2010
Agbero Yorubas,
Yoruba Oba vs Wife.
Awolowo vs Akintola.
Yorubas looks good with one eye, example Olu Falae.
Re: Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday by shotster50(m): 10:36pm On Jun 11, 2010
How daft can people get.
Re: Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday by AndreUweh(m): 10:37pm On Jun 11, 2010
Wily+Wily:

Agbero Yorubas,
Yoruba Oba vs Wife.
Awolowo vs Akintola.

Willy, you are funny. Anyway, have a nice weekend.
Re: Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday by edoyad(m): 10:46pm On Jun 11, 2010
Wily+Wily:

Agbero Yorubas,
Yoruba Oba vs Wife.
Awolowo vs Akintola.
wilywily ! angry take your time.

ode remo:

chei
ehe ! How come you have such a close up pix of him in your possession ? grin LOL
Re: Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday by edoyad(m): 10:47pm On Jun 11, 2010
Wily+Wily:

Agbero Yorubas,
Yoruba Oba vs Wife.
Awolowo vs Akintola.
wilywily ! angry take your time.

ode remo:

chei
ehe ! How come you have such a close up pix of him in your possession ? grin LOL
Re: Man Loses Eye Celebrating 40th Birthday by deor03(m): 11:13pm On Jun 11, 2010
edoyad:

Let me something, Cossy only went to Obesere out of anger. It was when rumour started spreading that Wasiu was going to bring Fatia Balogun to dance for him but later on she refuse and say she is actress and won't dance. After this Cossy said she's not anybody 2nd hand and want to Obe.
This matter is serious matter don't play it down like that. See Israel and Palestine fighting over common land why shouldn't people fight over who has money pass ?

Obesere manager's car mechanic is also my mechanic.  He said  they make a lot of money every day from theirs shows.

Haven't you heard about ABASIDO escapades?  You don't know anything, (meanwhile, bar man give me another 33 )

(1) (Reply)

Independent Candidacy; Pluses And Minuses, Is It Viable In 9ja? / Seun ,jarus Aisha2 Are Pro-ibb Campaigners What A Shame / “henry Okah, Ibb And Dokpesi Responsible For October 1 Bombing” And President Ac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.