Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,555 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Does Juju Work? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Does Juju Work? (1535 Views)

Do Black Magic (juju ) Work In Football? / During My Playing Days, I Used Juju – Taribo / Does Juju Work In Modern African Football? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Juju Work? by lipuka(m): 10:58am On Jun 11, 2010
Juju in soccer has reared it's head yet again, and as usual, it is the African teams which are on the receiving end/ Ot syaryed with a FIFA official who indicated that African players would use some African medicine, which in not on the list of banned drugs to boost their performance. And now Maradona, the coach of Argentuna has hinted at some African countries using juju to overcome their opponents.

We all know which country is in the same group with Argentina, so we do not have to go far to know the team they have in mind. And Argentina has a right to be scared of African teams. Somewhere, I remember they lost to a nine-man African team. I believe they are just crying foul so that they can justify their loss.

Argentina will lose to a better team, not because of juju. GO! NIGERIA. GO!
Re: Does Juju Work? by chelseabmw(m): 7:25am On Jun 12, 2010
Nothing like juju in football
Re: Does Juju Work? by lipuka(m): 2:59pm On Jun 12, 2010
I agree, but these Europeans must come up with some stereotype
Re: Does Juju Work? by zipper003: 4:02pm On Jun 12, 2010
the is Juju Ohhh!!! ours in Africa is Just the younger brother of the one overseas.
Re: Does Juju Work? by lipuka(m): 4:11pm On Jun 12, 2010
You may be right, because if we had strong juju, we would win everything there was to win
Re: Does Juju Work? by osakawa: 3:18am On Jun 13, 2010
Maradona had his Santeria juju in his hand during the Nigeria - Argentina game. So dont let anybody deceive us that it does not exit in football.
Re: Does Juju Work? by Beaf: 4:39am On Jun 13, 2010
If not for Enyeama's jass, 9ja would have lost by like 10 - 0 to Argentina yesterday. Up jass! grin grin grin
Messi is lucky he didn't see 7 lions. grin
Re: Does Juju Work? by lipuka(m): 3:16pm On Jun 13, 2010
I watched the Nigerian- Argentina game too. Like most Africans.I was disappointed by the loss. I was pretty sure that Nigeria would beat Argentina, or get a draw. The goalkeeper was at his best and may have saved Nigeria some blushes. Nigeria still has great players, but have yet to form a great team. If they play as a team, as they did some years back, the team will get far. They still have a chance to redeem themselves

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Football Skills Of Juan Pablo Angel's Son / Should Arjen Robben Be Given The Ballon D'or 2013? / Tiki Taka Rules The World By Sunday Oliseh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.