Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,341 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Angels and the Law - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Angels and the Law (336 Views)

Ngige: I Have Consulted God, Angel And Arch-Angels On My Presidential Ambition / Watch As Innocent Chukwuma Of Innoson Motors Imports Angels And Monks To Say Goo / What The Law stipulates On The Removal Of the CJN by PoliticsNGR.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Angels and the Law by philiancoop(m): 3:11pm On Jul 11, 2018
The New Covenant

1. This study seeks to answer questions about the acts accredited to God in the Old Testament which are inconsistent with the nature of God as revealed by Jesus. Eg the killing of the innocent first born of the Egyptians, Sodom and Gomorrah, the children killed by bears on Elisha's order and principally, the mosaic law.
2. From study, we see angels taking the place of God by speaking in the first person singular. Gen 22.11-12, Zach 8.1-6; 4.1;5.5,
3. God placed his name in the particular Angel that should go with Moses. The name is also the authority. Exd. I 23.20-22.
4. Angels, led by the principal Angel (Called the "Angel of my presence"wink led Israel and gave them the law. Acts 7.53
5. Act 7.53 uses the word " disposition" of angels and (Grk: Diatage) Diatage is a system of representation popular in ancient times. It's similar to our own power of attorney now. Diatage is from two words: Dia and Tasso
Dia - through /by instrument of
Tasso -Appoint, arrange, compile, fix or prepare.
So through the instrumreality of the angels, led by the angel of his presence appointed, ordain, set, arranged, complied and prepared the law and gave to Moses for all Israel in the name of God. (See no 3 above)
6. Tasso is also used in the Luke 7.8, Matt 28.16
7. Examples of diatage representation
I. Exd 3.1-14 (Acts 7.30-35)
II. I Exd 19.19-20 and 20.1-22 (Acts 7.35-38)
8. These angels were given complete freedom to rule men in the name of God, but they did this to the best of their knowledge of God, which was a deficient. They tried their best but fell short. Remember that like other creatures of God, the angels had thier will. Lucifer said "I will go up". The angels never understood the plan of God completely. 1 Peter 1.12. And Jesus said the servant( angels) knows not what the master does. John 15.15
9. Jesus is the true revelation of God (John 1.18, Heb 1.2-4) Notice that Hebrews compared the law and Jesus by beginning to compare Jesus Vs the angels in chapter one and two.

10. Elijah, under the law called down fire in the name of God but Jesus didn't in the same situation Luke 9.54, the angel made Zacharias dumb for unbelief, its Jesus made no one dumb, he healed them instead. Compare also Peter cutting off the ear of the soldiers.
11. Jesus said, I am the good shepherd, others that have come before me are hirelings. They don't know the will of the father about the sheep.
12. God ensured these school masters till we got Christ and our maturity was sealed Gal. 4.1-11
13. Also see Acts 7.53-55, Hebrews 2.2, 1.13-14,2.8-10
14. Gal 3.1-19, Col 2.16-20. Please study these and discover that practising the Law is equal to worship of angels.
15. The death of Jesus set us free. Or rather our death in Jesus set us free from the law (I Cor 5.14-21. Rom 7.1-9)
16. Even Moses added to the Law for effective administration of the People Matt 19. John 5.45
17. The law is not evil, but it has been done away with Rom 7.9-14, 6-7.
18. Like that angel of his presence, God still operates a representation system and he has placed his name in us. We are The Diatage of God. Who then killed Ananias and Saphaira, The Holy Spirit or Peter? Ans: Peter
19. Glory to Jesus

By Philip Ukah

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Ayodele Peter Fayose / Ekiti Election: Nigerian Military, Police, Others On 'show Of Force' / BREAKING NEWS: Saraki Appears In Senate, Presides Over Plenary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.