Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Why Aren't Professors Presidents Or Prime Ministers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Aren't Professors Presidents Or Prime Ministers (660 Views)

Tinubu Shd Make Peter Obi Finance Or Prime Minister Inn His Govt / Why Do Past Presidents Or Opposition Party Not Help The Sitting President? / Lai Mohammed To Elites: Professors May Work In Togo Bakeries If Nigeria Breaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Aren't Professors Presidents Or Prime Ministers by MrWondah(m): 8:00pm On Jul 12, 2018
I have been thinking this question, never in the history of mankind have I heard where a professor is the president or its equivalent.

Considering that they are learned, respected and know more about particular topics why did they find it hard to contest?
Does it mean people are afraid to vote them in or they ( the professors ) are afraid of soiling their reputation?

What kind of president would Prof Sole Soyinka or any of his colleague make?
Re: Why Aren't Professors Presidents Or Prime Ministers by Shalomc(f): 8:01pm On Jul 12, 2018
Read wider... Angela Merkel is a PhD holder
Re: Why Aren't Professors Presidents Or Prime Ministers by MrWondah(m): 8:02pm On Jul 12, 2018
Shalomc:
Read wider... Angela Merkel is a PhD holder

A PhD holder and not a professor.
Re: Why Aren't Professors Presidents Or Prime Ministers by Shalomc(f): 8:03pm On Jul 12, 2018
MrWondah:

A PhD holder and not a professor.
I am not here to educate you. Don't be ignorant with Google at your disposal. It is not only for nairaland and bet9ja you know?
Re: Why Aren't Professors Presidents Or Prime Ministers by MrWondah(m): 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2018
Shalomc:

I am not here to educate you. Don't be ignorant with Google at your disposal. It is not only for nairaland and bet9ja you know?
Its a shame you'd have to reduce me to using google for irrelevant and valueless things, but it occurred to me our thinking is only limited to our environment and who we associate with.
I wouldn't create a thread if I've seen any, never in the record of history, at least not any that Google can find.
It would only do us good to learn from you.
Re: Why Aren't Professors Presidents Or Prime Ministers by Timfreds(m): 8:10pm On Jul 12, 2018
Professorship is in the academic world, different from the politics and business world. Book knowledge is not same as wisdom.

3 Likes

Re: Why Aren't Professors Presidents Or Prime Ministers by divinelove(m): 8:12pm On Jul 12, 2018
professors are very poor people and are classroom material.

most of them are only good in theory and has never built anything all their lives. They are mostly disasters in politics. They are programmed to earn salaries n can't create wealth.

Even most of them are copy n paste professors

1 Like

Re: Why Aren't Professors Presidents Or Prime Ministers by SirToothBrush: 8:12pm On Jul 12, 2018
MrWondah:
I have been thinking this question, never in the history of mankind have I heard where a professor is the president or its equivalent.

Considering that they are learned, respected and know more about particular topics why did they find it hard to contest?
Does it mean people are afraid to vote them in or they ( the professors ) are afraid of soiling their reputation?

I think Goodluck Ebele Johnathan was a Doctor

Before he entered politics in 1998, he worked as an education inspector, lecturer and environmental-protection officer
Re: Why Aren't Professors Presidents Or Prime Ministers by Shalomc(f): 8:13pm On Jul 12, 2018
SirToothBrush:
I think Goodluck Ebele Johnathan was a Doctor
Why are you responding?
Re: Why Aren't Professors Presidents Or Prime Ministers by castANDbind: 8:14pm On Jul 12, 2018
MrWondah:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._P._J._Abdul_Kalam
Re: Why Aren't Professors Presidents Or Prime Ministers by MrWondah(m): 8:22pm On Jul 12, 2018
Re: Why Aren't Professors Presidents Or Prime Ministers by SirToothBrush: 8:22pm On Jul 12, 2018
Shalomc:

Why are you responding?
look here young woman, dont be quick to insult people. The guy said he has no idea. You just need to give him examples instead of inferring he patronises 9jabet.

You won't be happy if a man insult u too cuz you needed clarity
Re: Why Aren't Professors Presidents Or Prime Ministers by Shalomc(f): 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2018
SirToothBrush:
look here young woman, dont be quick to insult people. The guy said he has no idea. You just need to give him examples instead of inferring he patronised 9jabet
No time
Re: Why Aren't Professors Presidents Or Prime Ministers by gidgiddy: 8:41pm On Jul 12, 2018
MrWondah:

Being a Professor has nothing to do with being a good leader. Professor Woke Soyinka might be a well educated intelligent man but make him the President of Nigeria and he could be the worst ever.

It's good for a President to educated, but being Professor has no bearing on performance in office.
Re: Why Aren't Professors Presidents Or Prime Ministers by engwari(f): 12:54pm On Sep 04, 2018
Good question
Re: Why Aren't Professors Presidents Or Prime Ministers by Almaiga: 2:15pm On Sep 04, 2018
History has shown that, Goodluck Jonathan is the most learned President, Nigeria has ever had. But he turns out to be the worst President since Independence.

Leadership has nothing to do with one's level of Education. Buhari is a School Cert holder but, he is steering the wheels of leadership far better than GEJ, who has a PhD.

Re: Why Aren't Professors Presidents Or Prime Ministers by MrWondah(m): 2:23pm On Sep 04, 2018
I'll pass with the argument on who is better between the two.

Almaiga:
History has shown that, Goodluck Jonathan is the most learned President, Nigeria has ever had. But he turns out to be the worst President since Independence.

Leadership has nothing to do with one's level of Education. Buhari is a School Cert holder but, he is steering the wheels of leadership far better than GEJ, who has a PhD.
Re: Why Aren't Professors Presidents Or Prime Ministers by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 10, 2018
MrWondah:

john evans atta mills (ghana)

(1) (Reply)

Time To Restructure – Francis Ewherido / Presidential Campaign Poster Of Rev King Surfaces In Lagos / Huge Ransom Paid For Release Of Dapchi Girls –UN Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.