Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,735 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos (68275 Views)

PUMA Terminates $2.7m Contract With Nigeria Over Olympics Jersey Saga / Chelsea Unveil New Kit To Celebrate 50th Anniversary Of 1st FA Cup Win In 1970 / Portugal Vs Spain: The Moment Ronaldo Scored Free-Kick Goal To Tie At 3:3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 13, 2018
nowpresence:

what is the meaning of GOAT
normal he goat nah

Greatest
Of
All
Time.

1 Like

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by TrillionBrains(m): 6:44pm On Jul 13, 2018
He should have done it this way ��

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by peetay(m): 6:51pm On Jul 13, 2018
nowpresence:

what is the meaning of GOAT

Greatest Of All Time. As in the best player there has ever been.
Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by angelboy01(m): 6:54pm On Jul 13, 2018
Rayhandrinni:
correcting you makes me a frustrated fool right?

Alright, let's agree to that
It was a copy and paste stuff, I knew he was injured but that doesn't warrant him being sent home by the coach because of that. He was proud and filled with ego, and by the way if he wasn't injured why was he posting photos of himself up and down like he never cared. I called you a frustrated fool because you said I typed shitt. You shouldn't have said that also. Am sorry for calling you a fool. smiley
Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by leesamyoung(m): 7:20pm On Jul 13, 2018
kenonze:
He should be fine.

Arsenal Nicklas Bendtner was fined for expossing his inner wear (Power Paddy) for Euros
on point, but there is no rule for that at that time
Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by DTalented(m): 7:49pm On Jul 13, 2018
angelboy01:
SHORT WORLD CUP STORY

Croatia came to this World Cup with only two natural strikers. Mario Mandzukic, the guy who scored the winner last night was one.

The other was Nikola Kalinic (pictured below).

Kalinic was on the bench for Croatia's first game against Nigeria. With five munites to end that game, coach instructed him to dress up and replace another player.

Kalinic angrily refused to play, in protest of being left on the bench.

He saw himself a top player, and wouldn't come on for just five munites. The coach turned to other player Pjaca for the substitution.

After the match, Kalinic refused to apologize, despite appeals from other coaching staff.

The coach then sacked him from the team, and sent him home from Russia. Kalinic flew for holidays, and even posted pictures of himself enjoying elsewhere.

After all, he seem to imagine Croatia won't go anywhere in the tournament. But without him, the team managed to win their matches.

Last night, Croatia achieved their greatest football achievement in history, reaching the World Cup final.

The remaining 22 players are national heroes. Their names forever inscribed in the hearts of generations.

Kalinic is not part of the winning team all because of minutes of anger, pride and bloated ego.

He may have regretted now but it is too late. These stories about life are quite familiar to us, but do we really learn lessons from them? As they profoundly apply to all spheres of life?

Learn to cut pride, learn to control anger and deflate ego. And ultimately, learn to say SORRY.

Years of sweat and dedication can all be shattered by moments of anger and pride.

Don't be a Kalinic
I beg to copy please

1 Like

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by Toks2008(m): 7:56pm On Jul 13, 2018
Danny225:
Hello nairalanders, please pardon my
English ooo. Let me go straight to the point.
My name is sunny and am in my 20's. I am
been into production of food and Beverages
since 2010 and am well experienced in my field. I
know how to make different drinks like:
Softdrinks (Cola, orange, lemon, apple flavours
etc)

Flavoured drinks (Non carbonated)
Yoghurt (sachets and bottle yoghurt).

To write is just a few of what I can produce but
none around to help me with all this different
drinks formulation that I possessed

I have
different recipe for all the above mentioned
drinks. I can even produce one of the best Cola
raw concentrate but here I am with no one to
help me to actualize my dream. I have photos of
what I have produced in the past for few people
that have consulted me.

I know within me that someone somewhere on
nairaland will connect me with right person that
will bring out the best is me. I have been jobless
all this while despite the fact of huge potential in
me that's untapped.

Please nairalanders, help your fellow bro.
You can reach me on 08128106231.
God bless you all.

Don't lose hope bro...
Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by antunbel20: 8:05pm On Jul 13, 2018
My brother, farm ur farm oo, Na 9ja u dey so, everybody need help for dis part of d world
Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by antunbel20: 8:09pm On Jul 13, 2018
Shebi dem say Pele no make money for soccer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by Noaril(m): 8:14pm On Jul 13, 2018
For those saying Pele is better than Cr7 and Messi I think you should try and watch how football was played back then. As in the level of competition is lower than anything you can imagine
The pace of football is so slow with some defenders duller than anything, few teams know what we called tactics.
To me, if Pele is playing in this era he will no doubt be an exceptional player but not more exceptional than the like of Hazard. Even Garrincha is more regarded as the best player in Brazil than Pele.
Anyways its just my opinion.
Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by thunderbabs: 8:43pm On Jul 13, 2018
Just wait for it. Ronaldo the goat will be seeking similar deal nw
Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by CDCEO001: 8:52pm On Jul 13, 2018
Where is the picture of camera focused on the puma boot.
Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by whizdame(m): 11:07pm On Jul 13, 2018
SIMPLYkush:
LIKE for RONALDO
SHARE for PELE
most of you sharing this didn't even see him play
Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by dochenaj: 12:00am On Jul 14, 2018
angelboy01:
SHORT WORLD CUP STORY

Croatia came to this World Cup with only two natural strikers. Mario Mandzukic, the guy who scored the winner last night was one.

Kalinic was on the bench for Croatia's first game against Nigeria. With five munites to end that game, coach instructed him to dress up and replace another player.

He saw himself a top player, and wouldn't come on for just five munites. The coach turned to other player Pjaca for the substitution.

After the match, Kalinic refused to apologize, despite appeals from other coaching staff.

The coach then sacked him from the team, and sent him home from Russia. Kalinic flew for holidays, and even posted pictures of himself enjoying elsewhere.

After all, he seem to imagine Croatia won't go anywhere in the tournament. But without him, the team managed to win their matches.

Last night, Croatia achieved their greatest football achievement in history, reaching the World Cup final.

The remaining 22 players are national heroes. Their names forever inscribed in the hearts of generations.

Kalinic is not part of the winning team all because of minutes of anger, pride and bloated ego.

He may have regretted now but it is too late. These stories about life are quite familiar to us, but do we really learn lessons from them? As they profoundly apply to all spheres of life?

Learn to cut pride, learn to control anger and deflate ego. And ultimately, learn to say SORRY.

Years of sweat and dedication can all be shattered by moments of anger and pride.

Don't be a Kalinic
God bless your brain, if you are the writer of the above.

1 Like

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by CheedyJ(m): 12:10am On Jul 14, 2018
Rayhandrinni:
chatting absolute shitt, he was injured.
He wasn't injured bro..he just refused to come on prompting d manager to send him home ....get ur facts right..
Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by lereinter(m): 4:37am On Jul 14, 2018
where are those people that post methodology of richness
Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by DanseMacabre(m): 7:16am On Jul 14, 2018
angelboy01:
SHORT WORLD CUP STORY

Don't be a Kalinic

Man, nice one. It cut to the bone.

1 Like

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by theDEVILisHERE: 11:51am On Jul 14, 2018
Noaril:
For those saying Pele is better than Cr7 and Messi I think you should try and watch how football was played back then. As in the level of competition is lower than anything you can imagine
The pace of football is so slow with some defenders duller than anything, few teams know what we called tactics.
To me, if Pele is playing in this era he will no doubt be an exceptional player but not more exceptional than the like of Hazard. Even Garrincha is more regarded as the best player in Brazil than Pele.
Anyways its just my opinion.

You haven't really watch old school football
Pele was all-round superior to those 2

He was a superb dribbler
Toned it down cause he got kicked a lot and got injured

if not for injury he would have had 4 world cups cause Brazil suffered his absence at 66

Old school players were more rugged
Pele has played a World Cup match with broken arm, Berkembeur with dislocated shoulder, Maradonna finished 66 match vs England with a broken ankle
Can Messi and Ronaldo try such?
Messi and c Ronaldo cannot survive the from behind tackling of those days

Every era is different but a Pele in this era would be a supreme goal machine
The man was too complete
This era has poor talent pool compare to others

Skill and ability wise Messi and c Ronaldo cannot even measure up to Zidane or Ronaldo original (R9)

This era focuses on efficiency cause average player now has low skill and talent compared to say the 90's. Hence the focus is on goals, but truth is with the technique and ability of older players many would surpass Messi and Ronaldo if they were to focus on just goals like this 2 have done

Messi and c Ronaldo would barely win a world best player in the 90's let alone win 5 each. That just shows how poor the player quality is now

1 Like

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:40pm On Jul 14, 2018
somito121:
Imagine paying me for sleeping. grin
vita foam

1 Like

Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by anochilar(m): 2:16pm On Jul 14, 2018
who is greater? like for maradona, share for Pele.
Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by Noaril(m): 5:47pm On Jul 14, 2018
theDEVILisHERE:

You haven't really watch old school football
Pele was all-round superior to those 2

He was a superb dribbler
Toned it down cause he got kicked a lot and got injured

if not for injury he would have had 4 world cups cause Brazil suffered his absence at 66

Old school players were more rugged
Pele has played a World Cup match with broken arm, Berkembeur with dislocated shoulder, Maradonna finished 66 match vs England with a broken ankle
Can Messi and Ronaldo try such?
Messi and c Ronaldo cannot survive the from behind tackling of those days

Every era is different but a Pele in this era would be a supreme goal machine
The man was too complete
This era has poor talent pool compare to others

Skill and ability wise Messi and c Ronaldo cannot even measure up to Zidane or Ronaldo original (R9)

This era focuses on efficiency cause average player now has low skill and talent compared to say the 90's. Hence the focus is on goals, but truth is with the technique and ability of older players many would surpass Messi and Ronaldo if they were to focus on just goals like this 2 have done

Messi and c Ronaldo would barely win a world best player in the 90's let alone win 5 each. That just shows how poor the player quality is now
Dude it seems you need to watch again. And Messi and Cr7 winning 5 balloon d'or each only means they would both be undoubtedly the best in the world had they played in Pele's era
Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by theDEVILisHERE: 8:55pm On Jul 14, 2018
Noaril:
Dude it seems you need to watch again. And Messi and Cr7 winning 5 balloon d'or each only means they would both be undoubtedly the best in the world had they played in Pele's era

Messi and C Ronaldo are the best in their era
The weakest era in terms of artistry and player quality
This 2 would barely compete in the 90's FACT!

You talk of Pele era
Are those 2 more skillful and talented than Tostal, Jarzinho, Rivalinho etc of the 70 Brazilian squad??

Look aside goals there is really nothing much to watch in their game
And in terms of goal scoring ability they cannot match Pele in any era, FACT!

Those World Cup games don't show u Pele
The real Pele is Pele of Santos of Brazil
Had a vhs back then most of those clips are lost now YouTube don't have much of it

Aside he's skills which he latter dropped if there is something Pele was a master at is scoring goals
Very complete scorer, head, left leg, right leg, acrobatics, shooting, dribbling, six yard, eighteen yard, outside the box
Matter of fact he made scoring look very cheap

Those 2 are great but there is nothing really wow about them 4 those of us who have followed football well

The dribbling style Messi is using to wow u guys the deamon dribbler of Yugoslavia called Dejan Savicevic already did that in the 90's and did it in such a way it puts Messi's skills to shame. You can YouTube his videos and see (if not for injuries)

As far as Pele is concerned those 2 no reach
With the tactical advancement in the game now Pele would so outscore them it wouldn't even be close
Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by mikaael(m): 7:09am On Jul 15, 2018
okonja:
This one is more than a G.O.A.T BUT an Elephant

Abi COW..Champion Of the World
Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by Noaril(m): 8:08am On Jul 15, 2018
theDEVILisHERE:

Messi and C Ronaldo are the best in their era
The weakest era in terms of artistry and player quality
This 2 would barely compete in the 90's FACT!

You talk of Pele era
Are those 2 more skillful and talented than Tostal, Jarzinho, Rivalinho etc of the 70 Brazilian squad??

Look aside goals there is really nothing much to watch in their game
And in terms of goal scoring ability they cannot match Pele in any era, FACT!

Those World Cup games don't show u Pele
The real Pele is Pele of Santos of Brazil
Had a vhs back then most of those clips are lost now YouTube don't have much of it

Aside he's skills which he latter dropped if there is something Pele was a master at is scoring goals
Very complete scorer, head, left leg, right leg, acrobatics, shooting, dribbling, six yard, eighteen yard, outside the box
Matter of fact he made scoring look very cheap

Those 2 are great but there is nothing really wow about them 4 those of us who have followed football well

The dribbling style Messi is using to wow u guys the deamon dribbler of Yugoslavia called Dejan Savicevic already did that in the 90's and did it in such a way it puts Messi's skills to shame. You can YouTube his videos and see (if not for injuries)

As far as Pele is concerned those 2 no reach
With the tactical advancement in the game now Pele would so outscore them it wouldn't even be close
. Yeah Pele made scoring easy playing teams that are not even qualified to be in England's 3rd division in this era. I will pick Maradona, Cruff, Berkenbeur,Garrincha ahead of Pele anytime.
Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by happen2: 8:45am On Jul 15, 2018
SIMPLYkush:
LIKE for RONALDO
SHARE for PELE

How can you compare okada with power bike
Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by theDEVILisHERE: 11:42am On Jul 15, 2018
Noaril:
. Yeah Pele made scoring easy playing teams that are not even qualified to be in England's 3rd division in this era. I will pick Maradona, Cruff, Berkenbeur,Garrincha ahead of Pele anytime.

When Pele was playing the only league that could match the Brazilian and Argentine league was the Italian and Spanish league

Even the German, Dutch, Portuguese and French league then could not match the Brazilian and Argentine league, FACT
and let's not even talk of the English League, it was basically shit
Before late 90's and early 2000's who goes to play in England? which world superstar in his right senses would go to English league? when Dennis Bergkamp transferred from inter to Arsenal do you know how much he was criticized as a flop

Who u pick is irrelevant
People who call Pele greatest footballer ever till today are not stupid, they know what they saw

I personally don't believe in Greatest whatever
I believe every era is different

For me the 90's - early 2000's is the best era, produced the largest pool of gifted and talented footballers of all time
Doubt and any era would be able to match it
Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by Sammye(m): 5:18pm On Jul 18, 2018
Danny225:
Hello nairalanders, please pardon my English ooo. Let me go straight to the point. My name is sunny and am in my 20's. I am been into production of food and Beverages since 2010 and am well experienced in my field. I know how to make different drinks like: Softdrinks (Cola, orange, lemon, apple flavours etc)
Flavoured drinks (Non carbonated) Yoghurt (sachets and bottle yoghurt).
To write is just a few of what I can produce but none around to help me with all this different drinks formulation that I possessed
I have different recipe for all the above mentioned drinks. I can even produce one of the best Cola raw concentrate but here I am with no one to help me to actualize my dream. I have photos of what I have produced in the past for few people that have consulted me.
I know within me that someone somewhere on nairaland will connect me with right person that will bring out the best is me. I have been jobless all this while despite the fact of huge potential in me that's untapped.
Please nairalanders, help your fellow bro. You can reach me on 08128106231. God bless you all.
And our government is about sharing money to the so called poor people. Guys wey get skills full ground de look for grant. After de go say we lazy. Thunder Fire devil for their life
Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by Igxx(m): 10:22pm On Sep 27, 2018
Do u mean real goat as in stubborn goat
Re: Why Puma Paid Pele To Tie His Shoelace Before World Cup Match In 1970. Photos by Eavy(m): 1:04pm On Feb 28, 2019
phlamesG:
Omo puma don tey o since 1970 I doubt if d original owner is still alive.

How I wish Pele played in d era of neymar, messi, Ronaldo he'll teach them how to play football.
He is not, He was a German shoe maker called Rudolf, (sure you've heard that name before). They initially started with his brother Adi and their brand name was Adolf (Adi &Rudolf) before spliting due to conflicts, so Adi name his own brand as Adidas (a combination o his name 'Adi' and his father's name 'Dazler') while Rudolf named his own brand Puma, though the brand had undergone several name change. Though both Adi and Rudolf are not alive, but the two companies are still fierce German Rivals.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Clinton N'jie Streams His Sex Tape Online Accidentally / Nigeria Vs Mexico. International Friendly (0 - 4) On July 4th 2021 / World Cup Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Central African Republic 0 - 1 On 7th Oct 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.