Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria (9277 Views)

Kano State NNPP Lawmaker, Yusuf Babangida Makes Returns To APC / Osun Rerun: CDD Gives Damning Verdict On Election, Makes Shocking Revelations / Meet Falmata Abubakar, Shekau’s Mother Speaks On Whereabout Of Boko Haram Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by ekenerr: 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2018
Babangida makes shocking revelations about origin of Boko Haram in Nigeria

A former governor of Niger, Dr. Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu, has revealed that dreaded terrorist group, Boko Haram would have started in the State because the sect leader, Shekau, was living in a place called Mokwa.

He said this on Monday in Abuja during the 12th annual conference and general meeting of the Society for Peace Studies and Practice.

He said his prompt action on security reports made available to him while he was governor, stopped Shekau from establishing a Boko Haram base in Niger State.

Aliyu, however, called on government at the federal and state levels, including institutions, to read every security report they get.

He said: “If I go by newspaper reports, the Jos crisis, I understand intelligence report was written and that we should have been aware three or four days to that crisis, that it was going to happen,” Aliyu said.

“Now, if you are aware that things are going to happen and you let it happen, you can judge it in your heart.
“So, what I did was to be proactive and pre-emptive. BokoHaram probably would have started in Niger State because the Boko Haram leader, Shekau, was in Niger State in a place they call Mokwa.

“They were calling their place Daral Salam. In 1991, they were only nine people who went there and asked the Village Head for a farmland and he gave them.

“By 2007 when I went to Niger, they were over 7,000 and...Read More...

1 Like

Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by noblejoeuc: 5:22pm On Jul 13, 2018
So I know and u HV been keeping quite u are a suspect
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by otamiri2: 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2018
ekenerr:

“What I did was to call all my colleagues who we discovered had indigenes there and alerted them that I am sending you your own people who have run away from you, make sure you know their movement.

and to you is the best thing you could do?
well, nice to share with us!
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by ekenerr: 5:35pm On Jul 13, 2018
lalasticlala, OAM4J, and Mynd44

come and see ooo

i have made the full post, come and do justice

1 Like

Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by anibi9674: 5:39pm On Jul 13, 2018
una no free train una children well una come day blame another man for not killing them.
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by neutralmind: 5:53pm On Jul 13, 2018
Interesting revelation, one thing I know for sure is that governors also receive security reports and a proactive governor will help fight crime.

Truth be told, most governors in Nigeria are not competent....

Like if you agree, share if you disagree

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by crispus09(m): 5:57pm On Jul 13, 2018
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 13, 2018
ekenerr:
In 1991, they were only nine people who went there and asked the Village Head for a farmland and he gave them.

“By 2007 when I went to Niger, they were over 7,000 and they have enclosed themselves, they have turned it into a territory and they were the only Muslims in their own world. But they were also engaged in armed robbery and abduction of peoples’ wives and children...

“What I did was to call all my colleagues who we discovered had indigenes there and alerted them that I am sending you your own people who have run away from you, make sure you know their movement.

“The others that were not Nigerians, we took them to the borders and we paid their transportation to leave.

Source: GMS News
https://grandmarketsquare.com/babangida-makes-shocking-revelations-about-origin-of-boko-haram-in-nigeria/
No arrests made, no interrogations, no better border patrol...you just sent them away! You tried but you could have handled it better sir.

BTW, this is one one reason why we should not give the herders our lands!

3 Likes

Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 13, 2018
neutralmind:
Interesting revelation, one thing I know for sure is that governors also receive security reports and a proactive governor will help fight crime.

Truth be told, most governors in Nigeria are not competent....

Like if you agree, share if you disagree

See as you serious dey find like...
Relax bro,, if your post makes sense, it would be liked..

6 Likes

Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by limeta(f): 6:41pm On Jul 13, 2018
Two Immigration officers were sent to investigate and they became members.
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by otamiri2: 7:13pm On Jul 13, 2018
hhahahaha

[/quote]
ivumar:

See as you serious dey find like...
Relax bro,, if your post makes sense, it would be liked..

4 Likes

Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 13, 2018
Why did he not round them up and execute them. Instead he just paid them to leave.
I believe he should have done more.
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by Outofsync(m): 7:26pm On Jul 13, 2018
f
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by otamiri2: 7:36pm On Jul 13, 2018
rafhell:
Why did he not round them up and execute them. Instead he just paid them to leave.
I believe he should have done more.
exactly thats what i was just thinking mtcheew his a suspect...
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by otamiri2: 7:43pm On Jul 13, 2018
limeta:
Two Immigration officers were sent to investigate and they became members.
yes ooo
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by yipata: 8:01pm On Jul 13, 2018
THEY WILL NOW BE BLAMING BUHARI.
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by Nancy2018(f): 8:47pm On Jul 13, 2018
Muslims are boko haram and boko haram are Muslims
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by ekenerr: 10:42pm On Jul 13, 2018
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by ekenerr: 11:50pm On Jul 13, 2018
yipata:
before who u wan blame
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by ekenerr: 12:23am On Jul 14, 2018
?
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by otamiri2: 12:45am On Jul 14, 2018
ekenerr:
Babangida makes shocking revelations about origin of Boko Haram in Nigeria

A former governor of Niger, Dr. Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu, has revealed that dreaded terrorist group, Boko Haram would have started in the State because the sect leader, Shekau, was living in a place called Mokwa..

He said this on Monday in Abuja during the 12th annual conference and general meeting of the Society for Peace Studies and Practice.

He said his prompt action on security reports made available to him while he was governor, stopped Shekau from establishing a Boko Haram base in Niger State.

Aliyu, however, called on government at the federal and state levels, including institutions, to read every security report they get.

He said: “If I go by newspaper reports, the Jos crisis, I understand intelligence report was written and that we should have been aware three or four days to that crisis, that it was going to happen,” Aliyu said.

“Now, if you are aware that things are going to happen and you let it happen, you can judge it in your heart.
“So, what I did was to be proactive and pre-emptive. BokoHaram probably would have started in Niger State because the Boko Haram leader, Shekau, was in Niger State in a place they call Mokwa.

“They were calling their place Daral Salam. In 1991, they were only nine people who went there and asked the Village Head for a farmland and he gave them.

“By 2007 when I went to Niger, they were over 7,000 and...Read More...

nke bu ezi okwu
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by otamiri2: 1:20am On Jul 14, 2018
Good news
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by otamiri2: 1:21am On Jul 14, 2018
Good news...
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by otamiri2: 3:07am On Jul 14, 2018
Good morning all
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by Mikeross62: 3:21am On Jul 14, 2018
They are the originator

it's Yuan king again
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by noblejoeuc: 3:34am On Jul 14, 2018
otamiri2:
Good morning all
otamiri2:
Good morning all
which news ....
otamiri2:
Good morning all
we hv heard yhe greetings
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by noblejoeuc: 4:16am On Jul 14, 2018
yipata:
please I would try to correct an impression
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by noblejoeuc: 4:26am On Jul 14, 2018
buhari was never blamed for the bokoharam crisis...

where he will be blamed is the case of fulani herdsmen
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by noblejoeuc: 4:30am On Jul 14, 2018
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by ybalogs(m): 6:14am On Jul 14, 2018
I see no reason why those at the helms wouldn't take security reports serious...
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by ybalogs(m): 6:17am On Jul 14, 2018
The story doesn't add up jooor.
Re: Babangida Makes Shocking Revelations About Origin Of Boko Haram In Nigeria by almajiri101: 6:35am On Jul 14, 2018
Those Abuja based politicians are PDP members, this revelation justifies buhari stand on herdsmen
crisis. Nigerian politicians are evil

PDP is bokoharam and bokoharam is PDP - Patrick Azazi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Power Outage Stops Delta Governorship Election Tribunal From Delivering Judgment / Rivers: Gov. Wike Suspends Principal, Vows To Sack Others Collecting Fees, Levie / Sanwo-Olu Launches $20 Million "Lagos Cares" Programme For Youths, Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.