Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi (13893 Views)

BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa / Ibeto Cement Firm Set For Listing In US Stock Market / Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 13, 2018
THE Ibeto Groups and Sinomas Chinese Group of Companies are to construct two high-capacity cement factories in Nkalagu and Effium communities of Ebonyi.

Chief Cletus Ibeto, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Ibeto group of companies disclosed this on Friday in Abakaliki when he led a delegation of both groups on a courtesy call on Gov. David Umahi.

Ibeto who is the lead partner of the projects, remarked that the first factory will be situated beside the moribund Nigerian Cement Company (NIGERCEM) Nkalagu will produce 9, 000 metric tones of cement per day.

“We are not going to remove anything from the old plant but set up the new one beside the moribund factory.

“Nothing is going to be removed in the old plant and we would ensure that it would be completed on record-time.

“We would also commence another plant in Effium community but due to less availability of limestone deposit in the area, the factory would produce 3, 000 metric tone cement per day,” he said.

The business mogul remarked that the team would be steady at the project sites as preliminary works such designing would commence immediately.

“We would ensure that all agreement reached during the contact signing in 2015 are met as the factories would ensure rapid economic development of the areas and the state.

“I congratulate the state governor for his infrastructural strides and pray that he assumes higher positions of authority in the country on completing his second tenure in 2023,” he said.

Mr Chen Gong, Vice President of Sinoma Construction company sought the collaboration of the people to achieve the objective which he described as ‘Herculean’.

“We pledge to respect the laws and cultures of the areas the factories would be sited and ensure that the projects becomes monumental blessing to the people,” he said.

Gov. Umahi in his response, thanked the team for the visit, noting that the state government would provide adequate security for them to actualise the objectives.

“We would remain grateful to you for assisting us take-off as a government as you constantly advised me to embark on massive infrastructural development and empower the people.

“Some people who felt that you are not coming back to the state, turned your house into a Mecca, urging you to support a change of government but you stood for the truth.

“I am happy that the same people are hearing us presently as you also challenged the preceding government in the state for dethroning the traditional rulers of Nkalagu,” he said.

He congratulated Ibeto for the listing of his companies at the American stock exchange noting that he is man that God had endowed with abundant blessing.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the NIGERCEM cement company Nkalagu became moribund in 2002 after the governments of the five south east states handed it over to the Eastern Bulkcem company.

The company failed to revitalise it with the factory’s equipment vandalised and depreciating greatly with the workers most of whom had died, owed entitlements since then. (NAN)

https://lifestyle.ng/ibeto-group-chinese-coy-to-establish-2-cement-plants-in-ebonyi/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 13, 2018
this is what we want in eastern Nigeria... I'm sure they're more mineral deposits in east.. our people should come back home to invest

bye bye to dangote cement in the east

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by Nackzy: 8:25pm On Jul 13, 2018
Good one
Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by hisgrace090: 8:43pm On Jul 13, 2018
Enuguboy4nsk:
this is what we want in eastern Nigeria... I'm sure they're more mineral deposits in east.. our people should come back home to invest

we need others, we can't survive alone.

I buy from you, you buy from me.

Instead of enemies make friends.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by horsepower101: 8:47pm On Jul 13, 2018
Cjrane and xander85 your attention is wanted...lol

Ibeto is coming back strong.

5 Likes

Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by Kokolet11: 9:05pm On Jul 13, 2018
Good news
Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by Xander85: 9:10pm On Jul 13, 2018
horsepower101:
Cjrane and xander85 your attention is wanted...lol

Ibeto is coming back strong.

Cements coming home...it's coming home...it's coming home....it's coming!

Only English football fans will understand! wink

17 Likes

Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by Lipscomb(m): 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2018
Dangote will fight you to the last drop.

1 Like

Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by horsepower101: 9:15pm On Jul 13, 2018
Xander85:

Cements coming home...it's coming home...it's coming home....it's coming!

Only English football fans will understand! wink

That Ibeto NYSE listing was his biggest business move ever.

This was why dangote got desperate and started opening warehouse in the East. The same east he was avoiding for years. His biggest market is the east now when you consider all the construction going on.

He opened one in Asaba last year and hurriedly opened the one Owerri on this year.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by IsaAbubakar: 4:17am On Jul 14, 2018
Igbos again?

well as a sheikh i think I'll marry my second wife from igbo

they're the greatest tribe in Africa followed by us the northerners

kiss the truth

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by TundeBricklayer: 5:39am On Jul 14, 2018
Nackzy:
Good one
Bad news for bitter minds cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by ofeco: 6:56am On Jul 14, 2018
horsepower101:

This was why dangote got desperate and started opening warehouse in the East. The same east he was avoiding for years. His biggest market is the east now when you consider all the construction going on.

He opened one in Asaba last year and hurriedly opened the one Owerri on this year.

The warehouse that was commissioned in owerri is owned by Obioma Enterprises one of Dangote's top customers .

2 Likes

Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by mozel247: 7:15am On Jul 14, 2018
Agreement signed prior to 2015 election. Now design to commence prior to 2019 election. Then construction will start prior to 2023 election. Politicians be deceiving more than the devil himself.

4 Likes

Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by BreakupNigeria: 7:16am On Jul 14, 2018
Enuguboy4nsk:

We will declare Dangote cement contraband in the whole East once Ibeto completes his cement plants in Ebonyi state. The fulani bigot called Dangote decided ti build cement plants in other parts of Nigeria and even other countries while he built mega warehouses in the East. Rubbish, he won't sell a single bag in the East again!!!

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by BreakupNigeria: 7:20am On Jul 14, 2018
Lipscomb:
Dangote will fight you to the last drop.
Dangote is a Shylock businessman who uses government to fight competitors but this time around he would be fighting 50 million Igbos just the way we fought the war for Innoson when GTbank wanted to use government to cheat the car maker. Igbos won't suffer fools gladly anymore!!

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by Lipscomb(m): 8:14am On Jul 14, 2018
shocked
BreakupNigeria:
Dangote is a Shylock businessman who uses government to fight competitors but this time around he would be fighting 50 million Igbos just the way we fought the war for Innoson when GTbank wanted to use government to cheat the car maker. Igbos won't suffer fools gladly anymore!!

1 Like

Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by 400billionman: 9:28am On Jul 14, 2018
coolwelcome development
Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 14, 2018
mozel247:
Agreement signed prior to 2015 election. Now design to commence prior to 2019 election. Then construction will start prior to 2023 election. Politicians be deceiving more than the devil himself.
pessimistic Afonja Get the Bleep outta here

10 Likes

Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by 400billionman: 9:39am On Jul 14, 2018
horsepower101:

Dangote has always had warehouses in the east but recently streamlined his method of distribution from multiple distributors to empowering single strong distributors per town with trucks and other incentives

1 Like

Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by AustineE1: 9:49am On Jul 14, 2018
BreakupNigeria:
We will declare Dangote cement contraband in the whole East once Ibeto completes his cement plants in Ebonyi state. The fulani bigot called Dangote decided ti build cement plants in other parts of Nigeria and even other countries while he built mega warehouses in the East. Rubbish, he won't sell a single bag in the East again!!!
No you are wrong,we know other Nigerians are so scared to invest in the East since after the civil war and they believe Igbos may leave some day. You see we igbos invest everywhere because like the chinese,Jews,indians we are very enterprising however Dangote has the right to sell his products in the East as we do elsewhere but i can assure you that Ibeto being an Igboman will give him a run for his money.We are capitalist in nature so we need competition from the likes of Dangote,it makes you better and it drives the desire to succed in you.
I respect every ambitious and good enterprenuer,i respect Dangote,i respect Ibeto,let the competition go on.

24 Likes

Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by BreakupNigeria: 10:04am On Jul 14, 2018
AustineE1:

No you are wrong,we know other Nigerians are so scared to invest in the East since after the civil war and they believe Igbos may leave some day. You see we igbos invest everywhere because like the chinese,Jews,indians we are very enterprising however Dangote has the right to sell his products in the East as we do elsewhere but i can assure you that Ibeto being an Igboman will give him a run for his money.We are capitalist in nature so we need competition from the likes of Dangote,it makes you better and it drives the desire to in succed you.
I respect every ambitious and good enterprenuer,i respect Dangote,i respect Ibeto,let the competition go on.
Now, you are the one who is wrong
Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by BreakupNigeria: 10:12am On Jul 14, 2018
AustineE1:

No you are wrong,we know other Nigerians are so scared to invest in the East since after the civil war and they believe Igbos may leave some day. You see we igbos invest everywhere because like the chinese,Jews,indians we are very enterprising however Dangote has the right to sell his products in the East as we do elsewhere but i can assure you that Ibeto being an Igboman will give him a run for his money.We are capitalist in nature so we need competition from the likes of Dangote,it makes you better and it drives the desire to in succed you.
Now, you are the one who is wrong. How does the Biafran war that was fought almost 50 years ago or the possibility of Igbos leaving Nigeria someday be the reason why Dangote or others don't invest in the East!? Does that even make sense to you? Let's even assume that we get Biafra today or tomorrow, do you believe that the Biafran government would confiscate the investment of foreigners?? Who does that?? This same Dangote has investments in far away countries like Ethiopia, Senegal and South Africa, now ask yourself, have those countries seized or ever threatened to seize his investments?? Nna let's stop deceiving ourselves and think deeply. These guys hate you and simply do not want to contribute to your growth in any way!!

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 14, 2018
Very wonderful.
Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by investnow2013: 11:06am On Jul 14, 2018
horsepower101:

And Onitsha

1 Like

Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by cjrane: 11:48am On Jul 14, 2018
Enuguboy4nsk:

Dangote has NEVER been a friend of the Igbos. Although Igbos are a huge part of his customer base. It has not stopped him from acting with the typical hatred of a Fulani man towards anything Igbo.

The hatred towards Igbo is worse when they see any type of progress in the East. They took ALL the federal projects, Federal jobs, Federal Civil service, and all economic enablers, like sea ports, yet they are not happy.

The worst is that they target innocent hard working people to try and kill their business simply because they are Igbo. See what DANGOTE did to IBETO and what GT bank is trying to do to INNOSON. They ban Igbo companies at the flimsiest excuses.

Yet, somebody like DANGOTE who will not build even a hurt in the entire SE is selling most of his cement to Igbos? Why can't Igbos buy other brands to protest the evil actions of these people against Igbo people? Why are we always distracted from doing what we must to boycott these people trying so hard to impoverish us?

I am hoping contractors and other home owners try to buy cement from other companies and NOT Dangote. If IBETO did what Dangote did, the Emirs will issue a Fatua that anyone selling his cement or products in northern Nigeria be attacked by the youths of the area.

We should start thinking seriously and sanction anyone that plots the destruction of Ndigbo NOT GIVING THEM CHIEFTAINCY TITLES !

http://www.igbofocus.co.uk/What-Crime-Did-lbeto-Commit--H/what-crime-did-lbeto-commit--his-crime-is-being-an-igboman.html

https://www.naija.ng/2279.html#46308

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by flyca: 12:21pm On Jul 14, 2018
Juliusmalema:
Very wonderful.
Stupid boy, I thought you called Ebonyians "3rd class Igbos?" undecided
And still trolled Anioma people on another thread, right?
Mark my words, one day, you'll live to eat your words with great regret. I'm from Anambra.

Great news from Ibeto and Ebonyi.

Igbo amaka smiley

12 Likes

Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by knowledgeable: 12:23pm On Jul 14, 2018
hisgrace090:
we need others, we can't survive alone.

I buy from you, you buy from me.

Instead of enemies make friends.

Agreed.

1 Like

Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 14, 2018
[quote author=flyca post=69369054][/quote]

why share my grammatogy.
Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by Tarzan360(m): 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2018
Good news, ibeto group God will be your guardian on this project, they will never see u with there southeast dreams killing efcc

2 Likes

Re: Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi by GuyfawkesAB(m): 12:31pm On Jul 14, 2018
It's up to you to carry out due research on any issue and topic before you jump on the bandwagon of victim mentality which easily demeans you as someone with a low self-awareness in spite of your education and exposure.

Dangote tried to acquire NigerCem around the same time he acquired BCC in Gboko. A lot of issues and protests greeted his bid and here we are today. Even I eto didn't have it smooth taking over NigerCem, but you guys are always quick to castigate others fpr what clearly is a fault of your people.
I won't post any link here, your search for correct info is also part of your learning process to become a sincere seeker of the truth.

Seek for the truth always and be objective when analysing issues.

cjrane:

Dangote has NEVER been a friend of the Igbos. Although Igbos are a huge part of his customer base. It has not stopped him from acting with the typical hatred of a Fulani man towards anything Igbo.

The hatred towards Igbo is worse when they see any type of progress in the East. They took ALL the federal projects, Federal jobs, Federal Civil service, and all economic enablers, like sea ports, yet they are not happy.

The worst is that they target innocent hard working people to try and kill their business simply because they are Igbo. See what DANGOTE did to IBETO and what GT bank is trying to do to INNOSON. They ban Igbo companies at the flimsiest excuses.

Yet, somebody like DANGOTE who will not build even a hurt in the entire SE is selling most of his cement to Igbos? Why can't Igbos buy other brands to protest the evil actions of these people against Igbo people? Why are we always distracted from doing what we must to boycott these people trying so hard to impoverish us?

I am hoping contractors and other home owners try to buy cement from other companies and NOT Dangote. If IBETO did what Dangote did, the Emirs will issue a Fatua that anyone selling his cement or products in northern Nigeria be attacked by the youths of the area.

We should start thinking seriously and sanction anyone that plots the destruction of Ndigbo NOT GIVING THEM CHIEFTAINCY TITLES !

http://www.igbofocus.co.uk/What-Crime-Did-lbeto-Commit--H/what-crime-did-lbeto-commit--his-crime-is-being-an-igboman.html

https://www.naija.ng/2279.html#46308

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Honour 100 Top Business Organisations In Nigeria In December / Pears Baby Brands Re-enter Market / Why You Must Be Serious This Year By Strive Masiyiwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.