Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,391 members, 7,812,151 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa (9768 Views)

Fresh Naira Scarcity Hits Kano, Sokoto, Edo, Others / BUA To Establish 3 Million MTPA Cement Plant, 50 MW Power Plant In Adamawa / FG Orders Dangote, BUA To Vacate Disputed Mining Site In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by kirajustice: 9:41pm On Dec 22, 2020
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

Africa’s leading cement giant, BUA Cement has signed an agreement with Sinoma CBMI of China for the construction of three new cement plants of 3million tonnes each per annum in Edo, Sokoto and Adamawa states of Nigeria to be completed by the end of 2022. Upon completion, this will bring BUA Cement’s total capacity to 20million metric tonnes by 2022. At 9million tonnes combined capacity, this is the single largest contract ever awarded in the Nigerian Cement Industry for the construction of new cement plants at the same time and by a single company, in Nigeria.

These 3 new plants are in addition to BUA Cement’s already existing 6mmtpa plants in Edo State, 2mmtpa plants in Sokoto State and another 3mmtpa BUA Cement plant in Sokoto - which will be commissioned in Q2 2021.

Speaking at the ceremony held simultaneously at BUA HQ in Lagos and the CBMI HQ in China, Abdul Samad Rabiu, Chairman of BUA Cement said the expansion decision was to transform the manufacturing industry and increase Nigeria’s cement production capacity noting that “Nigeria and the surrounding region is still home to huge opportunities in construction, housing, infrastructure, and allied industries”.

According to Abdul Samad Rabiu, “Despite these opportunities, there is no doubt that there is still a huge deficit in supply whilst demand continues to increase in Nigeria. This situation has led to an increase in the retail prices of cement despite ex-factory prices remaining partially unchanged. To bridge this huge deficit gap in Nigeria and in the absence of new major investments in the industry, we have taken this decision to invest and build these new plants at a total project cost of 1.05billion dollars which will be completed by the end of 2022.”

In his comments, Mr. Tong Laigou, Chairman of SINOMA CBMI praised the longstanding partnership between BUA and CBMI. In his comments, SINOMA CBMI was pleased to work with BUA on this huge project and help BUA in its aspiration to be the best cement manufacturer in Africa. He further added that CBMI would bring their expertise and wealth of experience working in this environment to bring the project to completion on schedule.

BUA Cement Plc is Nigeria’s second largest cement company and the largest producer in its North-West, South-South and South-East regions.

https://politicsnigeria.com/bua-to-construct-3-cement-plants-of-9-million-mtpa-in-sokoto-edo-and-adamawa/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by osamz007: 9:48pm On Dec 22, 2020
Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 22, 2020
"e be tins oooo

at least boys for my state go get job

abdulsamad is really a philanthropist

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by longetivity(m): 10:06pm On Dec 22, 2020
congratulations to the indigenes

Edo
Sokoto and

Adamawa, their lives will never remain the same with this News

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by Sakamaje: 10:55pm On Dec 22, 2020
Upon all the cement plants they are building, price of cement no gree come down. Which kind sakamaje/scam development be dis?

20 Likes

Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by inoki247: 1:22am On Dec 23, 2020
if he go return Cement price to 1500 issa welcome development buh if e go still dey 4k to 4500 range is useless den....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by ironheart(m): 1:22am On Dec 23, 2020
If only more companies can build factories around rhe country to mop up the armies of unemployed youth. It will help us overcome the crime rate

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by Arrewa: 1:22am On Dec 23, 2020
Good!
Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by maadman: 1:23am On Dec 23, 2020
..and Benue people still wonder why development passes them by...
Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by BlackBaron: 1:30am On Dec 23, 2020
Nigerian industrialists always picking the easiest option.
Let's all build cement factories, spaghetti factories and refineries cos that's the only thing we need. They'll sell quite alright, but the lack of thinking outside the box continually astounds me.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by realstars: 1:30am On Dec 23, 2020
food or no food, we must buy cerment

2 Likes

Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by Sannisege: 1:31am On Dec 23, 2020
Nice one. Now that Dangote is the third richest man in Nigeria after Adenuga and Rabiu
Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by Mayour11(m): 1:38am On Dec 23, 2020
I just hope we can fully embrace that Russian housing technology and reduce the over dependence on cement for house construction. Heard it's cheaper and highly durable. I don't mind using it to build my house.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by thatsleepboy1: 1:40am On Dec 23, 2020
Good move. Soon he'll dethrone DANGOTE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by mannobi(m): 1:45am On Dec 23, 2020
I wonder why non of these Nigerian industries situate their plants and factories in the Eastern States. Are there no lands to build companies?

4 Likes

Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by PWAPUTI2010(m): 1:52am On Dec 23, 2020
This man is far better than dangote when it come to giving[color=#990000][/color] back to the society.

3 Likes

Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by Cromagnon: 2:11am On Dec 23, 2020
BlackBaron:
Let's all build cement factories, spaghetti factories and refineries cos that's the only thing we need. They'll sell quite alright, but the lack of thinking outside the box continually astounds me.
which option have you picked?
How !market with the hard one you picked?talk is cheap

8 Likes

Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by Cromagnon: 2:11am On Dec 23, 2020
Mayour11:
I just hope we can fully embrace that Russian housing technology and reduce the over dependence on cement for house construction. Heard it's cheaper and highly durable. I don't mind using it to build my house.
which one
Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by Cromagnon: 2:12am On Dec 23, 2020
mannobi:
I wonder why non of these Nigerian industries situate their plants and factories in the Eastern States. Are there no lands to build companies?
innoson?
Limestone is not in east

2 Likes

Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by Nobody: 2:18am On Dec 23, 2020
Lovely news. Kudoz to BUA
Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by Back2Daura(m): 3:12am On Dec 23, 2020
THE CEMENT INDUSTRY REDUCES UNEMPLOYMENT WHEN PEOPLE CONSTRUCT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by michlins(m): 3:37am On Dec 23, 2020
BlackBaron:
bro you are a Nigerian. You can start building your own dream industries and manage it in this economy.

Why is it so easy for people to criticize the work of another without being able to lift a finger. Do you know what $1bn he's investing means anywhere in the world?

10 Likes

Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by KingofAbuja(m): 4:22am On Dec 23, 2020
Always loved this man. I wish the govt can give him the same unfair advantage and support they give Dangote.
Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by teamsynergy: 4:48am On Dec 23, 2020
Ok... But cement too cost oo.
Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by Godons1: 5:14am On Dec 23, 2020
These are the real DEVELOPERS of NIGERIA. Not some SadEAST Chest beaters grin grin.

Northerners Amaka. grin

4 Likes

Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by chatinent: 5:14am On Dec 23, 2020
Will it reduce the price?
Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by Deepthoughts: 5:21am On Dec 23, 2020
kirajustice:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

https://politicsnigeria.com/bua-to-construct-3-cement-plants-of-9-million-mtpa-in-sokoto-edo-and-adamawa/
This BUA guys are giving Dangote a real chase, looking like China chasing the US, with the possibility of a catch up n overtake soonest.

3 Likes

Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by RealAlubarika(m): 5:22am On Dec 23, 2020
mannobi:

One of the factors a good investor considers is nearness to source of raw materials, it is only in Nigeria(Africa) people don't consider this, cause of Ethnic and political inclination. Edo, Sokoto and Adamawa has large deposit of limestone, which is a major raw material in cement production. Does South Eastern states has large deposit of lime stone

We rise by lifting others

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BUA To Construct 3 Cement Plants Of 9 Million MTPA In Sokoto, Edo And Adamawa by fohiss: 5:35am On Dec 23, 2020
Edo just dey show for all good news oo.. God bless Edolite

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My New Year Giveaway - Fattkay / Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers / There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.