Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,491 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Head On Collision Between Volvo XC70 SUV And A Scania Truck - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Head On Collision Between Volvo XC70 SUV And A Scania Truck (1485 Views)

See What A Mechanic Did To A Customer's Lexus SUV (pics/video) / The 2020 Hyundai Palisade Is A Luxurious Family SUV And More (photos) / Photos:Check Out First Ever Wooden Range Rover SUV,And It's Even Kenyan Made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Head On Collision Between Volvo XC70 SUV And A Scania Truck by Aquariann: 12:32am On Jul 14, 2018
So I was just surfing YouTube videos when I came across this video which was captured by a dash cam in another vehicle.

For some reason the Volvo driver lost concentration and veered off into the the oncoming lane and then the collision happened with the truck.

Too many questions in my head but y'all can share your thoughts, observation and perhaps lessons.

PS: The SUV driver seemed to be ok even after the crash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzG_oBt23HE
Re: Head On Collision Between Volvo XC70 SUV And A Scania Truck by marshalcarter: 1:42am On Jul 14, 2018
the Volvo strong sha

2 Likes

Re: Head On Collision Between Volvo XC70 SUV And A Scania Truck by billy187(m): 3:22am On Jul 14, 2018
I bet the driver of the Volvo station wagon was not paying attention to the road. Odds are that he/she was looking at a phone or dozing off. That said, I guess this goes to show how well built Volvos are. Volvo really goes out of its way innovating to make its vehicles as safe as possible; heck, I bet a newer Volvo might have even avoided this accident with Lane Keep Assist.

2 Likes

Re: Head On Collision Between Volvo XC70 SUV And A Scania Truck by Inception(m): 9:28am On Jul 14, 2018
Talk about structural integrity!
The A pillars showed little or no deformation at all.

2 Likes

Re: Head On Collision Between Volvo XC70 SUV And A Scania Truck by diportivo: 10:53am On Jul 14, 2018
Volvo no be anybody mate when it comes to strength

Toyota lovers tend to differ grin

ah, Toyota strong gan tongue

3 Likes

Re: Head On Collision Between Volvo XC70 SUV And A Scania Truck by valarinz: 5:17pm On Jul 15, 2018
grin
Re: Head On Collision Between Volvo XC70 SUV And A Scania Truck by OgaKazeem(m): 7:17pm On Jul 15, 2018
valarinz:
grin
we know day you go show face na
Re: Head On Collision Between Volvo XC70 SUV And A Scania Truck by OgaKazeem(m): 7:17pm On Jul 15, 2018
diportivo:
Volvo no be anybody mate when it comes to strength

Toyota lovers tend to differ grin

ah, Toyota strong gan tongue
bros you know say na our work. na toyota strong pass jor...

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Calculate Pls / This Is Why Your Engine Vibrates When You Turn On The A/C / How Do I Get Original Custom Papers & Duty For This Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.