Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Help Me Calculate Pls - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Me Calculate Pls (1486 Views)

How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? / How Does One Calculate Fuel Consumption Based On Distance Covered By A Vehicle?? / How To Calculate Fuel Consumption In Your Car Using Innoson G5 As A Case-study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Calculate Pls by Bosun13: 2:31pm On Aug 10, 2018
pls. my ppl in d house i am a Toyota sienna 2000 owner i realized that my car is consuming fuel more than what i can bear and i was told to diagnose it to kn the culprit...after av done that it was three different Code that came out as a result ...sensor 2 banky 1, sensor1 banky1 and sensor 1 bank 2 ... After that my mechanics told me to change three bad oxygen sensor ... thank God i did so. Now av change it, I bought #1000 fuel and it takes me from:
IBAFO to IkORODU and
IKORODU back to IBAFO
with full load ..after gettin back to ibafo d remainin one takes me back to KETU b4 finished ... my questjon now is that Can sienna 2000 push more than that or i still av work to do. pls my xplanation might nt so accurrate as u thing but pls come than to correct me and undertand me a little .Thanks a lot for saving Brother and i ll apreciate ur enlightment as small as it is.
Re: Help Me Calculate Pls by Bosun13: 2:34pm On Aug 10, 2018
hlp me pls
Re: Help Me Calculate Pls by Bosun13: 2:51pm On Aug 10, 2018
help! help!
Re: Help Me Calculate Pls by Alvin007: 3:01pm On Aug 10, 2018
I think it’s fuel consumption is fair enough. But what do I know? Let the ogas educate us.
Re: Help Me Calculate Pls by Bosun13: 6:47pm On Aug 10, 2018
thanks your contribution
Re: Help Me Calculate Pls by fabiomatic(m): 10:18pm On Aug 10, 2018
Do not overwork your vehicle all in the name of fuel economy. Mowe to Ibafo to and fro is not a short trip even without traffic. I believe that is fair enough. Then it still took you back to Ketu.. C'mon man... Enjoy your ride with fantastic fuel economy.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Calculate Pls by Readonee35L(m): 10:52pm On Aug 10, 2018
Bosun13:
pls. my ppl in d house i am a Toyota sienna 2000 owner i realized that my car is consuming fuel more than what i can bear and i was told to diagnose it to kn the culprit...after av done that it was three different Code that came out as a result ...sensor 2 banky 1, sensor1 banky1 and sensor 1 bank 2 ... After that my mechanics told me to change three bad oxygen sensor ... thank God i did so. Now av change it, I bought #1000 fuel and it takes me from:

IBAFO to IkORODU and
IKORODU back to IBAFO

with full load ..after gettin back to ibafo d remainin one takes me back to KETU b4 finished ... my questjon now is that Can sienna 2000 push more than that or i still av work to do. pls my xplanation might nt so accurrate as u thing but pls come than to correct me and undertand me a little .Thanks a lot for saving Brother and i ll apreciate ur enlightment as small as it is.
Haaaa.
To achieve this.
You must have been very gentle on the Throttle.
And you didn't use AC too.

But if this your calculation is true then your fuel economy is perfect.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Calculate Pls by Bosun13: 10:55pm On Aug 10, 2018
fabiomatic:
Do not overwork your vehicle all in the name of fuel economy. Mowe to Ibafo to and fro is not a short trip even without traffic. I believe that is fair enough. Then it still took you back to Ketu.. C'mon man... Enjoy your ride with fantastic fuel economy.
Thanks alot i appreciate your encouragment ...that means its normal like that.
Re: Help Me Calculate Pls by weyreypey: 11:17pm On Aug 10, 2018
What's the distance between ikorodu and ibafo according to your trip meter
Re: Help Me Calculate Pls by Bosun13: 11:34pm On Aug 10, 2018
weyreypey:
What's the distance between ikorodu and ibafo according to your trip meter
.............. i did nt set trip metr at all ..my car was towed to feeling station due to empty tank b4 buying #1000 fuel at gimteck feeling station at ibafo... at first when i reach ikorodu i tought my gage was faulty when it did nt read at all but when i was coming by geting to majidun my metr started moving down little by little, that was when i knew it functioning very well. thanks
Re: Help Me Calculate Pls by Bosun13: 11:37pm On Aug 10, 2018
Readonee35L:
Haaaa. To achieve this. You must have been very gentle on the Throttle. And you didn't use AC too.

But if this your calculation is true then your fuel economy is perfect.
.....i did nt turn on my AC though
Re: Help Me Calculate Pls by weyreypey: 12:07am On Aug 11, 2018
Bosun13:

.............. i did nt set trip metr at all ..my car was towed to feeling station due to empty tank b4 buying #1000 fuel at gimteck feeling station at ibafo... at first when i reach ikorodu i tought my gage was faulty when it did nt read at all but when i was coming by geting to majidun my metr started moving down little by little, that was when i knew it functioning very well. thanks
So now you can use the same fuel quantity for same distance after changing the O2 sensors?
Re: Help Me Calculate Pls by Readonee35L(m): 12:21am On Aug 11, 2018
Bosun13:

You will kill your pump by letting fuEl dry in the tank.
Buy better fuel for the car.
At least 2k

1 Like

Re: Help Me Calculate Pls by Bosun13: 5:16am On Aug 11, 2018
Readonee35L:
You will kill your pump by letting fuEl dry in the tank. Buy better fuel for the car. At least 2k
thank. just for testing ...i ll later fillup
Re: Help Me Calculate Pls by Bosun13: 5:20am On Aug 11, 2018
weyreypey:

So now you can use the same fuel quantity for same distance after changing the O2 sensors?
..... before i change 02 sensor it always take #2,500 fuel for that journing
Re: Help Me Calculate Pls by AgentGoat: 8:32am On Aug 11, 2018
Bosun13:
IBAFO to IkORODU and
IKORODU back to IBAFO

Still not economical to you?

Go buy bajaj bro
Re: Help Me Calculate Pls by Bosun13: 10:16am On Aug 11, 2018
AgentGoat:

Still not economical to you?
Go buy bajaj bro
..... laugh

1 Like

Re: Help Me Calculate Pls by gpsmiles: 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2018
How much is the cost of those sensors?? I am planning to change my own sienna.
Re: Help Me Calculate Pls by Bosun13: 11:06pm On Aug 11, 2018
gpsmiles:
How much is the cost of those sensors?? I am planning to change my own sienna.
..... i bought each at d rate of #4k at ladipo
Re: Help Me Calculate Pls by radautoworks: 3:10am On Aug 12, 2018
Hmm... In six months you will have a whole nother set of problems. That kind of had mileage in a sienna with Nigerian fuel is not sustainable long term. Also, keep letting your tank stay below one quarter and just save money for new fuel pump in the next fuel months.
Re: Help Me Calculate Pls by Bosun13: 5:36am On Aug 12, 2018
radautoworks:
Hmm... In six months you will have a whole nother set of problems. That kind of had mileage in a sienna with Nigerian fuel is not sustainable long term. Also, keep letting your tank stay below one quarter and just save money for new fuel pump in the next fuel months.
..... i bought 1k fuel for testing not constant like that, i do fillup my tank...thanks a lot
Re: Help Me Calculate Pls by gpsmiles: 5:12pm On Aug 12, 2018
Bosun13:
..... i bought each at d rate of #4k at ladipo

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Corolla 2012 Or 2009 RX350 / Can The Peugeot 504 Outrun The Mercedez Benz W123 230e ? / Lexus RX 350 2011 Upgraded To 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.