Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,553 members, 7,816,342 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

How Do I Get Original Custom Papers & Duty For This Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Get Original Custom Papers & Duty For This Car (1516 Views)

Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers / I Need Original Custom Papers For My 06 Corolla / Please Advise Me: Seller Has No Custom Papers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Original Custom Papers & Duty For This Car by obidaddy: 12:06pm On Feb 16, 2021
Good morning dear car gurus,

i saw a clean foreign used corolla 2010 for sale at a decent price, cheaper than a 2009 corrolla for sale by the same dealer. I made careful enquiries and discovered that the car was smuggled in from northern land boarder without duty.

Please i want to know if it's advisable to buy this clean corrolla, if it's possible to processes the said papers easily.

I also want to know how much it'll cost to pay custom duty for a corolla 2010 and if possible any trust worthy agent or custom officer to use.

Thank you friends in anticipation of sincere response.
[color=#006600][/color]
Dear Mods kindly push this to FP.
Re: How Do I Get Original Custom Papers & Duty For This Car by promotervickky(m): 6:44pm On Feb 16, 2021
Trust me and stay away from the Car. True fake Custom papers can be prepared, but it's very risky on Travel Highways.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Original Custom Papers & Duty For This Car by Kingdemu: 8:23pm On Feb 16, 2021
promotervickky:
Trust me and stay away from the Car. True fake Custom papers can be prepared, but it's very risky on Travel Highways.

Not on Northern highways though. Haven't heard any customs, frsc, police or vio wahala in a over here in the NE in years.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Original Custom Papers & Duty For This Car by ejodachi: 11:13pm On Feb 16, 2021
How much is the 2010 Corolla and how much is '09
Re: How Do I Get Original Custom Papers & Duty For This Car by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 12:12am On Feb 17, 2021
You just koba the car dealer grin
Re: How Do I Get Original Custom Papers & Duty For This Car by obidaddy: 11:15am On Feb 17, 2021
promotervickky:

Thanks for your input sir.
I wish i could get genuine papers, perhaps i may just leave the car for my peace of mind.
Re: How Do I Get Original Custom Papers & Duty For This Car by obidaddy: 11:16am On Feb 17, 2021
Kingdemu:
Not on Northern highways though. Haven't heard any customs, frsc, police or vio wahala in a over here in the NE in years.

Truly the relevant security agencies in the north don't bother people much. I don't know why it's different down south?
Re: How Do I Get Original Custom Papers & Duty For This Car by Kingdemu: 12:53pm On Feb 17, 2021
obidaddy:

Truly the relevant security agencies in the north don't bother people much. I don't know why it's different down south?
It surprises me when you guys complain about customs, police and frsc. My wife's car was brought in in 2018 thru katsina boarder without any customs registration and we've been using it like that without issues. Even the plate number on it was just an unused plate number in the office that I took and continued using. The car has been to Gombe, Yobe, Kano, Jos, Nassarawa, Abuja , Bauchi and not for once was it stoped on the road and checked. I doubt if 60% of cars in my state have custom papers and even up to date registration. Below is my own car papers I last updated in 2016 and that is the car I use to travel with and commute for work.

PS: You can get into trouble with authorities if you are not up to date with papers in Abuja sha

Re: How Do I Get Original Custom Papers & Duty For This Car by dadabashua1(m): 1:45pm On Feb 17, 2021
Kingdemu:
It surprises me when you guys complain about customs, police and frsc. My wife's car was brought in in 2018 thru katsina boarder without any customs registration and we've been using it like that without issues. Even the plate number on it was just an unused plate number in the office that I took and continued using. The car has been to Gombe, Yobe, Kano, Jos, Nassarawa, Abuja , Bauchi and not for once was it stoped on the road and checked. I doubt if 60% of cars in my state have custom papers and even up to date registration. Below is my own car papers I last updated in 2016 and that is the car I use to travel with and commute for work.

PS: You can get into trouble with authorities if you are not up to date with papers for Abuja sha
true.
Re: How Do I Get Original Custom Papers & Duty For This Car by dadabashua1(m): 1:49pm On Feb 17, 2021
in the north people don't really care much about custom papers,mainly because they don't disturb here,reasons why you find some popular car brands way more affordable than the prices in the south and even on nairaland,however the situation is different up south, if you planning using the car for interstate mostly within northern states,seriously car papers is of very little to no challenge, but if is southern part,respect yourself and get a car with papers
Re: How Do I Get Original Custom Papers & Duty For This Car by obidaddy: 3:08pm On Feb 17, 2021
dadabashua1:
in the north people don't really care much about custom papers,mainly because they don't disturb here,reasons why you find some popular car brands way more affordable than the prices in the south and even on nairaland,however the situation is different up south, if you planning using the car for interstate mostly within northern states,seriously car papers is of very little to no challenge, but if is southern part,respect yourself and get a car with papers

Exactly, my fear is that there may be reason to use the car beyond Abuja, and then issues may arise woth regards to duty.

But honestly, our southern people have to take things easy, the way everyone struggles for this money at the detriment of ourselves is discouraging.

Aside Lagos (may be) most recent cars from Mercedes. Toyota, and Honda and even American brands are abundant up north.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Original Custom Papers & Duty For This Car by captainking(m): 5:14pm On Feb 17, 2021
Kingdemu:

PS: You can get into trouble with authorities if you are not up to date with papers in Abuja sha
Travel. To the east or west sir...
You will pay till you tire to pay...
Re: How Do I Get Original Custom Papers & Duty For This Car by Kingdemu: 6:07pm On Feb 17, 2021
captainking:
Travel. To the east or west sir... You will pay till you tire to pay...
I No go dare grin
Re: How Do I Get Original Custom Papers & Duty For This Car by obidaddy: 11:35am On Feb 19, 2021
Kingdemu:
I No go dare grin

Lol. But how do we identify genuine papers?
Re: How Do I Get Original Custom Papers & Duty For This Car by KnightsTemplar(m): 3:37pm On Feb 19, 2021
Kingdemu:

One Nigeria my ass, they treat the North like a fragile egg, but down South here, we are being treated like hardened criminals, same thing goes with political appointments. Travel down to South East, South South and some parts in the southwest, Army check points every 1km, FRSC, customs, police checkpoints everywhere, but not in the north, that is not even the Goose that lays the golden egg, and where turned out to be the epicenter of insecurity.
Re: How Do I Get Original Custom Papers & Duty For This Car by BusterG: 5:08am On Feb 20, 2021
KnightsTemplar:

One Nigeria my ass, they treat the North like a fragile egg, but down South here, we are being treated like hardened criminals, same thing goes with political appointments. Travel down to South East, South South and some parts in the southwest, Army check points every 1km, FRSC, customs, police checkpoints everywhere, but not in the north, that is not even the Goose that lays the golden egg, and where turned out to be the epicenter of insecurity.

Nobody in the North is treating anybody like fragile egg.

You guys down south are the ones maltreating one another.

Are they police, frsc, vio, customs on your highways not your tribesmen/brothers?

Check yourselves

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Original Custom Papers & Duty For This Car by Kingdemmu: 8:34am On Feb 20, 2021
BusterG:

Nobody in the North is treating anybody like fragile egg.

You guys down south are the ones maltreating one another.

Are they police, frsc, vio, customs on your highways not your tribesmen/brothers?

Check yourselves
Tell him bro

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Should I Buy Dodge 2013 R/t Hybrid? / Peugoet 407 :how Good? / Online Car Auctions, How Reliable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.