Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,087 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Why Do People Lie Against God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Lie Against God? (5321 Views)

I Was Paid To Lie Against Tb Joshua: Bisola Johnson 2009 / Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God / How Hurrying and Worrying Turns Humans Against God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Lie Against God? by Omooba77: 7:48am On Jul 15, 2018
I just wonder why people lie against God and in the name of God?
Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by OgogoroFreak(m): 7:55am On Jul 15, 2018
Omooba77:
Because God is only imaginary.

He is not as real as my Ogogoro.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by hopefulLandlord: 7:58am On Jul 15, 2018
OgogoroFreak:

Ogogoro is the true Holy Spirit not that imaginary entity from the Jewish mythology

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by hopefulLandlord: 7:59am On Jul 15, 2018
Omooba77:

Would you be so kind to tell us how people lie against God?
Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:09am On Jul 15, 2018
Omooba77:

ASK HIS DEARLY BELOVED SON, WHO LIED THAT WHATEVER WE ASK FROM HIS DADDY IN HIS NAME SHALL BE GRANTED, AND THAT WHEN HE DIES THERE WILL BE UNITY AMONGST HUMANS.

WHAT WE SEE TODAY IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. PEOPLE'S REQUEST ARE NEVER GRANTED. THERE'S NO UNITY AMONGST CHRISTIANS LET ALONE ALL HUMANS.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:01am On Jul 15, 2018
Cos they are from the devil..........their father!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:02am On Jul 15, 2018
OgogoroFreak:

CAPSLOCKED:

ASK HIS DEARLY BELOVED SON, WHO LIED THAT WHATEVER WE ASK FROM HIS DADDY IN HIS NAME SHALL BE GRANTED, AND THAT WHEN HE DIES THERE WILL BE UNITY AMONGST HUMANS.

WHAT WE SEE TODAY IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. PEOPLE'S REQUEST ARE NEVER GRANTED. THERE'S NO UNITY AMONGST CHRISTIANS LET ALONE ALL HUMANS.

Smh, God is just too lenient and gentle sha!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by ednut1(m): 9:03am On Jul 15, 2018
Omooba77:
cos they know nothing wud happen

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by MorataFC: 9:06am On Jul 15, 2018
I think people lie more about Satan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by izzou(m): 9:08am On Jul 15, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by Uglymugg: 9:08am On Jul 15, 2018
Because we live in a different time. We all should thank GOD for Jesus's sacrifice otherwise we may have died long ago.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by MorataFC: 9:08am On Jul 15, 2018
See comments,
Hmmnn God will have mercy

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by Freeze007(m): 9:09am On Jul 15, 2018
Let's be logical here folks, we would use earthly thing,to illustrate heavenly things.

Illustration
I applied for a job, their criteria was, 2:1 and a solid foundation in the necessary certificates as was required from the organization. This I was not able to tender which made me to loose the job. There was an absolute preference, on only those were authorized by the BOT to employ certain persons.

God says, if you believe in me keep my commandments, now you refuse to keep his commandments why do you expect him to do for you what you want? I know everyone who does not keep his commandments yet flourishes how about the thief who was set free and Christ made to pay the prize. Point is God does not lie, you must keep faith else faith becomes useless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by brodalokie: 9:09am On Jul 15, 2018
ednut1:
cos they know nothing wud happen

They don't know anything, they just do what they have to do in the name of survival of the fittest. They think they are better than the other person.
Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by Kennedymac(m): 9:09am On Jul 15, 2018
fam in the spirit of Sunday and spirituality who will bless me today

Na beg I dey beg ooo
Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by brodalokie: 9:11am On Jul 15, 2018
post=69394637:

Waiting for harvest season

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by miraclea: 9:23am On Jul 15, 2018
This tread should be strictly for children of God because lying against God may hardly be committed by non believers however this sin is forgivable unlike the sin against the holy spirit
Pple lie against the Almighty because there is no godly fear in them it' also takes times for judgment because He knows all men will certainly come to him one day
Pple lie for personal gain and ego deceiving men to think they are closer to God surprisingly no one does that and end well
Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by spongeisback: 9:24am On Jul 15, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 15, 2018
ok
Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by Pavore9: 9:32am On Jul 15, 2018
We take God's mercy for granted. Many are more likely to fear deities than God.
Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 15, 2018
Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by kazyhm(m): 9:36am On Jul 15, 2018
lol
Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by daveP(m): 9:40am On Jul 15, 2018
Because the acknowledgement of the Divine is so commonly known in different degrees that any kind of say backed with the Divine is seen as final and unquestionable.

But He himself, has provided the way for many to know who He is and What he says by giving His spirit to know when it's Him.

Cos of the absence of God's Spirit, The lies that abound cannot be questioned, thus leading many to lies and the devil.

How would God say that Look to your neighbor and dip your hands into his or her pocket or purse, whatever you see, is for the Lord.....
OR

The Lord says if you want to be prosperous, eat some grass outside the church yard.

Yet many would still believe such a lie.

Knowing Jesus is one, Letting Him set you free is another.

Know the Truth by hugging the Word.

God bless us all that still love the truth and Know it! Amen.

Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by keenn: 9:56am On Jul 15, 2018
Was thinking you would mention satan

Satan has been the most accused fellow ever.

Let's keep bias away here, look critically into the bible, look at the atrocity and killings he has done , this can be numbered in units and some out of this units were approved by God(job story)

On the other hand, killings that were single handedy done by God were in thousands.

Sometimes I wonder what Satan himself will say if he is asked to present his own version of the whole story, for all I care, all what we know about Satan is from the Bible. The same Bible that was alleged to be written by men inspired by God.

Satan story is only one sided, God's version.

I wonder though

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by 21savages: 9:58am On Jul 15, 2018
OgogoroFreak:
Are u sure u're ok
Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by Greatzeus(m): 10:05am On Jul 15, 2018
My own concern is why do we lie for God? We lie too much in the name of giving testimonies,just to impress the congregation and make the Pastor see we have a big testimony. Why do we exaggerate so much grin
Example: " Praise the Lord, i had a very terrible accident, my car summersaulted 10 times shocked, then blow up like an atomic bomb grin,but guess what i just came out of the car unhurt,praise the Lord"

" praise the Lord,i was traveling to Abuja from Lagos,when i got to Lagos -Ibadan express way my fuel finished,but guess what my car kept moving till i got to Abuja" chai grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by Immorttal: 10:06am On Jul 15, 2018
because deep inside their heart they know god is fake but can't get themselves to accept it.
Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:09am On Jul 15, 2018
21savages:
Are u sure u're ok
Yes, yes o!

Thanks for your concern.
Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by Immorttal: 10:11am On Jul 15, 2018
post=69394637:

lenient? and he went ahead and murdered firstborn sons of Egypt and instructed the Isrealites to offer their firstborn sons as a sacrifice to him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by marttol: 10:37am On Jul 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Ogogoro is the true Holy Spirit not that imaginary entity from the Jewish mythology
see man take a look at the picture...

If people as many as that can believe there is God... You are nothing...

Again, you are not better than those in the picture nor more intelligent than them all, not possible, you are not even richer than them all... So you are ZERO

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by hopefulLandlord: 10:43am On Jul 15, 2018
marttol:
see man take a look at the picture...

If people as many as that can believe there is God... You are nothing...

Again, you are not better than those in the picture nor more intelligent than them all, not possible, you are not even richer than them all... So you are ZERO

Lmao! do you know there was a time the whole world believed the earth was flat and the sun revolves around it? truth remains truth even if nobody believes in it and lies are still lies even if everyone believes it to be true

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Lie Against God? by marttol: 10:47am On Jul 15, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Lmao! do you know there was a time the whole world believed the earth was flat? truth remains truth even if nobody believes in it and lies are still lies even if everyone believes it to be true
no one leaves the earth, there is a dome up there... Why didn't anyone visit the moon again?? The said they destroyed the tape... Mr Noone leaves the EARTH

(1) (2) (Reply)

A More reasonable Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity / The Truth Concerning Temptation / Phone Contacts For Booking Of These Gospel Artists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.