Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

The Truth Concerning Temptation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth Concerning Temptation (5323 Views)

I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity / Help Needed Concerning Restitution / Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth Concerning Temptation by poh10(m): 1:33am On Dec 17, 2016
Now, a few relevant and important observation and comparisons must be made in this area of evil and sin. Temptation, the common lot and experience of our humanity. There are three factors to note.

First, there is the one who is tempted, THE TEMPTED, secondly there is the one who tempts, THE TEMPTER, and thirdly there is the TEMPTATION itself! The tempted, the tempter and the temptation.
Now, James says in his epistle "A man must not say when he is tempted, 'God is tempting me', for God cannot be tempted by evil, and does not Himself tempt anyone. No, a man's temptation is due to the pull of his own inward desires, which can be enormously attractive. His own desire takes hold of him, and that produces sin. And sin is the long run mean death--- make no mistake about that, brother of mine (James 1:13-14). Paul records..."No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man...."(1 Corinthians 10:13). Temptation is our human universal common denominator.
By a simple analysis we can reckon it this way! In each of us subjectively and within us, is the propensity to sin. We are the 'tempted'. Outside of us, objectively, is that which presents the alluring and attractive to us. This is the 'temptation'. But there is this other factor, apart from us and yet acting against us(although in palpably aiding and abetting us). This is the 'tempter' , who incites and excites our inner desire or lust towards having the object. He seduce and induces the subjective bias and sinful tendency in us, and makes the object of our interest so very desirable to have, and makes the object of our interest so very desirable to have, and that at once, impulsive inclination and movement. The result is we fall for it so readily. The pressure of the tempter on the tempted and his accentuation of the external allurement, the temptation itself, combine to produce the sin that brings it own nemesis and complications with it in guilt, defilement and the consequences of inevitable disruption psychologically,morally, socially and above all, spiritually.

This is the tragedy of the original Fall. It is the sad, grim history of what have inherited. We sin, not only by the nature we have generated with, but by our own independent volition and pleasure. We want to gratify our instincts and appetites endemic in us, and these propel and master us as we give in to them all to easily and wilfully. How fundamental and fatal is the pristine truth---"so when the woman saw that the tree of knowledge of good and evil was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate. Then they eye of them both were opened" (Genesis3:6-7)

The definition and commentary on this question of sin,its origin , nature and issue is given pertinently by john in his first epistle. "Do not set your hearts on the godless world or anything in it. Anyone who loves the world is a stranger to the Father's love. Everything the world affords, all that panders to the appetites, or entices the eyes, all glamour of its life, springs not from the Father but from the godless world. And that world passes away with its allurements, but he who does God's will stands for evermore."(1john2:15-17 N.E.B). " We know that we are of God's family, while the whole godless world lies in the power of the evil one". (5:19). Sin has affected and afflicted man in physical, psychological, moral and social ways. The root of his comprehensive depravity is spiritual.

The Devil makes capital out of all this. His whole strategy, through his widespread and industrious syndicate of evil and all the complex and , at times inexplicable forms of his devices and designs is aimed at man's destruction. In the most common and continuous activity of 'temptation to sin' which is his original and most successful means of attracting, seducing and destroying fallen creatures as 'THE TEMPTER', we have to acknowledge and accept his major work among mankind.

If you have not really given your life to christ, am sorry you can't never overcome sin..The wage of sin is dead..check your heart ones again and allow christ into your life to be an overcomer..cause christ as overcome the world- (john16:33) the day you gave your life to christ him lives inside you making you to overcome the world and his tribulation..don't worry about being perfect, don't worry about what people will say when you make mistakes, christ is perfect, remember him lives inside you..christ will surely make you perfect remember him didn't come to the world to judge you him came to save you...don't say let me live my life, I want to enjoy all the things in this life on the long run you will lose it to this world -(john12:25) you can enjoy this life with christ in you..do you want to overcome, you know what to do.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*PRAYER
-Accept Jesus as your Lord and savior from your heart
- Let us come to is presence with a broken spirit and a contrite heart...psalm 51:17
-Let us pray for His mercy upon our life...1john 1:9
-Confess your known and unknown sin...1john2:1
-Pray for wisdom to leave your Christian race to stand the Devils and his device....ephesians6:13: 17
May we find our self blameless in the coming of CHRIST...PRAISE GOD

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by adexsimply(m): 7:09am On Dec 18, 2016
Temptation ? Really? Temptation is a con word. As long as you're human and blood flows through your veins, you're automatically inclined to do some things which the "Holy Bible" labels "SIN"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by XXLDICK(m): 7:09am On Dec 18, 2016
Gullible Christians do not understand the game their religion plays with them.

If something bad happens, it's temptation. If something good happens it's God's blessing.

Whichever way, their God is perfect and has the perfect plan for them.
Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by Lincoln275(m): 7:09am On Dec 18, 2016
k
Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by adexsimply(m): 7:09am On Dec 18, 2016
cool
Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by riczy(m): 7:10am On Dec 18, 2016
Make I cry? Second to comment
Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by berrystunn(m): 7:10am On Dec 18, 2016
Story
Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by sakalisis(m): 7:10am On Dec 18, 2016
Okay
Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by KingOvoramwen1(m): 7:10am On Dec 18, 2016

Ok

Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by SIRKOL(m): 7:12am On Dec 18, 2016
See the way ppl above me are discarding this post. Man has been consumed by his selfish desires that words like 'temptation' are gradually becoming extinct. We just yield to the temptation and consequence be damned. May the good lord have mercy on His creatures.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by seunlly(m): 7:12am On Dec 18, 2016
.Temptation::ifffah say make I start to dey talk about temptation.
I will not finish it today.

lemme wait till next time......
Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 18, 2016
k
Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 18, 2016
XXLDICK:

If something bad happens, it's temptation. If something good happens it's God's blessing.

Your name alone explains the kind of person you are, by their fruit they are known
a blind cant lead the blind, first remove the big log of wood in your eyes before noticing the dust in christian's eye.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by XXLDICK(m): 7:26am On Dec 18, 2016
shegzyvic:
Your name alone explains the kind of person you are, by their fruit they are known
a blind cant lead the blind, first remove the big log of wood in your eyes before noticing the dust in christian's eye.
What is wrong with my username Or are you jealous
At least, you have agreed you are blind...
Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by JesusPowers: 7:27am On Dec 18, 2016
The accuser of the brethren has already sent his minnows to flood this expository piece.

1 Like

Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by sekundosekundo: 7:28am On Dec 18, 2016
XXLDICK:

Gullible Atheists do not know that their thoughts stinks.

If they hear that a Pastor prayed and the sick is healed, they'll reject it. If they hear that a Pastor committed fornication, they'll rejoice and believe it.

Whichever way, their thoughts are perfect and they can't do wrong.

6 Likes

Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by Proffdada: 7:29am On Dec 18, 2016
XXLDICK:

Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship with God through Christ
Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by MOHE: 7:30am On Dec 18, 2016
Temptation is a tool. Many believers fall because they find it difficult to decipher between being tempted and sinning. Temptation on its own is not sin, Falling into it is the sin. May God teach us wisdom to abstain from objects of temptation and say NO when tempted.

1 Like

Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by canDy4eva(f): 7:31am On Dec 18, 2016
XXLDICK:

Live and let others live. Ten years from now someone else will still make this comment. So its not new. Even if God endorses imorality it still has no gain. God will never compel u to worship him but mind u, that will never make him less of who he his. Save urself the stress. You have chosen ur path. Let others choose thiers. The end shall surely tell.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by Ezedon(m): 7:39am On Dec 18, 2016
APC is NIGERIA greatest temptation
Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by XXLDICK(m): 7:40am On Dec 18, 2016
Proffdada:
Religion or not religion, how does that dispute what I have said.

Christianity is a religion, if it is not, then there's no religion on earth at all.

Christianity, Islam... Are religions
Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by XXLDICK(m): 7:44am On Dec 18, 2016
Proffdada:

Christianity is a religion, if it is not, then there's no religion on earth at all.

canDy4eva:
Live and let others live. Ten years from now someone else will still make this comment. So its not new. Even if God endorses imorality it still has no gain. God will never compel u to worship him but mind u, that will never make him less of who he his. Save urself the stress. You have chosen ur path. Let others choose thiers. The end shall surely tell.
Live and let others live?
Tell that to the Christians that carry megaphone early in the morning cutting my sleep short, tell that to the Christians that disturb me on the bus preaching while on transit, just to mention a few.
I won't keep shut, it's my responsibility to preach sanity to the brainwashed... Ever wonder why Christianity is on the decline and having more atheists...?
Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by godsveryown(f): 7:58am On Dec 18, 2016
canDy4eva:
i feel like giving u a hug for this. Well said.
Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by fkdmods: 8:04am On Dec 18, 2016
XXLDICK:

The problem is they do not understand how probability works. They are often ignorant to the fact that bad things will always happen. It is inevitable. All you can do on your part is to prepare for the worst by e.g, going to school to get an education, having insurance on your house or car, having a savings plan, etc. Nigerians mostly live like there is no tomorrow and hinge their future on an imaginary God just because they have failed to plan. And if something bad happens with all the safety measures you have put in place then you need to understand that it is just plain bad luck. Nothing more, nothing less. There is no devil hatching a plan to make you miserable.
Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by Donvilo(m): 8:13am On Dec 18, 2016
The real temptation comes from the inner depths of our hearts. What fills your thoughts most of the day, therein lies the through source of our temptation! The bible was right when it said that "the heart of a man is deceitful above all things, who can understand it?

1 Like

Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by Proffdada: 8:21am On Dec 18, 2016
XXLDICK:

Tell that to the Christians that carry megaphone early in the morning cutting my sleep short, tell that to the Christians that disturb me on the bus preaching while on transit, just to mention a few.
I won't keep shut, it's my responsibility to preach sanity to the brainwashed... Ever wonder why Christianity is on the decline and having more atheists...?
define religion
Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by canDy4eva(f): 8:41am On Dec 18, 2016
XXLDICK:

Sorry about those that go about "genuinly" preaching the word of God. They are not the first and they will never be the last. John did it. Being a christian is not a competition. Wether we have more athiests than christians is nothing. The most important is 4 Gods word to go round. U have heard it, let others hear it. And like i said, the end shaj tell. I love u. Be u an athiest.
Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by worlexy(m): 8:50am On Dec 18, 2016
But God allowed Satan to tempt Job na
Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by tete7000(m): 8:51am On Dec 18, 2016
XXLDICK:

It seems to pain you pass the Christians themselves?
Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by obim55: 9:29am On Dec 18, 2016
"the greatest victory of this life is victory over self"

1 Like

Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by XXLDICK(m): 9:30am On Dec 18, 2016
Proffdada:
define religion

Re: The Truth Concerning Temptation by internetpo(m): 9:33am On Dec 18, 2016
Oh. Really?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Phone Contacts For Booking Of These Gospel Artists / Why Do People Lie Against God? / Is God A Creature Or A Creator?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.