Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out (1919 Views)

Mum Of 2 Who Married A Tree Celebrates First Wedding Anniversary In England / Mom Whose Kids Burnt To Death In Ondo State Speaks In Heartbreaking FB Post / Meet Fortune Ibe, The Tallest 15 -Year-Old Teenager In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by activistjohnny(m): 7:02am On Jul 16, 2018
''This marriage is divine'' - Nigerian Man who married 18 year-old bride in Christian charismatic church in Imo state speaks out. Watch the video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE-QFqq0pBw

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:03am On Jul 16, 2018
Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:06am On Jul 16, 2018
undecided
Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by meezynetwork(m): 7:08am On Jul 16, 2018
I know the guy. He stays in agbor delta state
Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:08am On Jul 16, 2018
look at the face of this lost/scared child.... what a shame!

btw why are Nigerians always screaming, instead of talking in a sane simple manner (aka the guy reporting the issue)?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by Administration1: 7:10am On Jul 16, 2018
Na to flog sense put inside him head

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by Oyindidi(f): 7:45am On Jul 16, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
look at the face of this lost/scared child.... what a shame!

btw why are Nigerians always screaming, instead of talking in a sane simple manner (aka the guy reporting the issue)?
This is child abuse. A girl was introduced to us yesterday in our meeting as a married woman. People were in shock, that girl is not up to 18 years old. No breast on her chest and I feel nothing but pity for the kid.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by Oyindidi(f): 7:47am On Jul 16, 2018
This man can defile a 10 years old. Madness
Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:34am On Jul 16, 2018
Oyindidi:
This is child abuse. A girl was introduced to us yesterday in our meeting as a married woman. People were in shock, that girl is not up to 18 years old. No breast on her chest and I feel nothing but pity for the kid.

the fact that this man put on a straight face and sees nothing wrong with it, is amazing?! but then again, when parents are broke, they will continue selling off their children to the highest bidders.

who are we kidding here?! i can enter any village in Nigeria, and (with the right amount of money) can kidnap marry any teenager off her parents, and with their blessing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 16, 2018
Divinely arranged by God? Shut the f*ck up! Very disturbing and disgusting.

This man is a sick pervert. And the girl is treated like an object, even in this interview.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by ibkayee(f): 12:47pm On Jul 16, 2018
1. That negro is not a day younger than 40
2. Tired of these scallywags using God’s name to justify the rubbish they engage in
3. Parents are likely poor and selling her off for a ‘better life’ and to feed themselves, sad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by Truckpusher(m): 6:12pm On Jul 16, 2018
She is 18 which is the legal age for an adult citizen in this country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 16, 2018
Truckpusher:
She is 18 which is the legal age for an adult citizen in this country.

I see you are defending the pedophiles again. As expected. You are disgusting.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by Jman06(m): 8:20pm On Jul 16, 2018
The girl is 18 according to the report, so why the fuss I don't get it !

Free the man joor ! Abi those of you castigating him, are you ready to marry the man ?? Or take care of the girl's needs until she reaches your supposedly right age ??

Abegi !
Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by mimimile93: 10:02pm On Jul 16, 2018
Oyindidi:
have u ever heard 'Catch Them Young'?

The younger the better.

The matured ones are feminists.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by mimimile93: 10:04pm On Jul 16, 2018
Oyindidi:
This man can defile a 10 years old. Madness

The constitution says a child that is 18yrs is considerd an adult.

Are u jealous?
Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by crackhaus: 10:41pm On Jul 16, 2018
Mindfulness:

I see you are defending the pedophiles again. As expected. You are disgusting.
Caveat:
I don't care about this man, the girl, or their marriage.

With that out of the way and barring your hang-ups regarding the topic, can you tell me the age at which a person is legally an adult and also legally old enough to be married?
Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by bukatyne(f): 12:59am On Jul 17, 2018
18 yr old is an adult and legally allow to be married.

Is this marriage divine? Maybe to the husband; the wife looks lost.

If she was better dressed and looked like she wanted the marriage, maybe the age difference wouldn't be an issue; she has chosen afterall, Buhari was older when he married Aisha at 19. Shade Okoya married Chief Okoya at a much older age and nobody screamed pedophile; maybe gold .....

I have seen enough to know that this marriage however ill-fated it looks might hold more hope for the lady.

If the husband treats her right and helps her further her education, she might lead a better life.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by baby124: 3:59am On Jul 17, 2018
bukatyne:
18 yr old is an adult and legally allow to be married.

Is this marriage divine? Maybe to the husband; the wife looks lost.

If she was better dressed and looked like she wanted the marriage, maybe the age difference wouldn't be an issue; she has chosen afterall, Buhari was older when he married Aisha at 19. Shade Okoya married Chief Okoya at a much older age and nobody screamed pedophile; maybe gold .....

I have seen enough to know that this marriage however ill-fated it looks might hold more hope for the lady.

If the husband treats her right and helps her further her education, she might lead a better life.
lmao at the description of the lady. She really looks lost. That old man there is looking for a young lady to be his wife. She is legally entitled to marry at 18. She just looks malnourished and impoverished. She may need this marriage more than we know. Lol. Omotola was married at 18 too. So what’s the fuss? Happy married life to the latest couple in town.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by babeosisi: 4:41am On Jul 17, 2018
She looks so scared
Poor child
They're talking like she isn't even there

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by Oyindidi(f): 6:08am On Jul 17, 2018
mimimile93:

The constitution says a child that is 18yrs is considerd an adult.

Are u jealous?
Hmmmmm..... I feel nothing but pity for such a bride. Too young to understand her environment not to talk of marriage.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by bukatyne(f): 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2018
baby124:
lmao at the description of the lady. She really looks lost. That old man there is looking for a young lady to be his wife. She is legally entitled to marry at 18. She just looks malnourished and impoverished. She may need this marriage more than we know. Lol. Omotola was married at 18 too. So what’s the fuss? Happy married life to the latest couple in town.

Funny @ last statement.

If the man tushs her and sends her to school, she go become babe aka small madam.

True at Omo T.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 17, 2018
crackhaus:

Caveat:
I don't care about this man, the girl, or their marriage.

With that out of the way and barring your hang-ups regarding the topic, can you tell me the age at which a person is legally an adult and also legally old enough to be married?

If you don't care, there is no need jumping onto the thread.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 17, 2018
bukatyne:

Funny @ last statement.

If the man tushs her and sends her to school, she go become babe aka small madam.

True at Omo T.

Small madam? Have you seen the child's face and behavior?
Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 17, 2018
Oyindidi:
Hmmmmm..... I feel nothing but pity for such a bride. Too young to understand her environment not to talk of marriage.

People defending it because he saved her from potential poverty is nauseating. She does not even seem to have developed her boobies fully. And this guy who looks like her father will pounding her hard now or what? Spits.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 17, 2018
babeosisi:
She looks so scared
Poor child
They're talking like she isn't even there

EXACTLY!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by bukatyne(f): 9:19pm On Jul 17, 2018
Mindfulness:

Small madam? Have you seen the child's face and behavior?

Read my first comment, I expressed she looked lost.

I am not rooting for the husband however legally, the husband has done nothing wrong.

She is 18 and free to marry whosoever. Getting parental consent is more of moral than legal.

Younger and less developed girls are having sex daily with their age mates and father's age mates.

I am looking at her 'lemons' and spinning them into lemonades. This type of marriage is NOT new and in some places cultural. Infact, I wouldn't be amazed if the parents saw nothing wrong in this union; the mother might have been in same boat.

I served with a girl whose parents were hounding for marriage and emotionally blackmailing her that she wouldn't get a spouse at 22. Her parents were very rich.

I served with another who was married off at 17 when her father died ad she managed to finish her HND with two kids despite reditable and discouragement. That girl is my inspiration in turning lemons to lemonades

If this girl attended anothet church were makeup/dressing well is allowed and she was well dressed, she would look better.

I don't know her story however the husband seems excited to have caught a 'divine' fish. Let her spin that to her advantage and make the best that she can of her marriage.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by bukatyne(f): 9:26pm On Jul 17, 2018
I must be a prophetess.

I just watched the video; the husband is 33, wife is 18

'Come and see her in a few years, she would have grown fatter and bigger than this!'

And why is the interviewer stamerring and screaming?

Again, when a person is silent on the screen, he/she looks lost because there is nothing is do than focus on the camera.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by bukatyne(f): 9:29pm On Jul 17, 2018
meezynetwork:
I know the guy. He stays in agbor delta state

Do you think the girl is in good hands?
Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by Ewuro4: 9:40pm On Jul 17, 2018
That girl is not even 18 yet.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by armyofone(m): 9:41pm On Jul 17, 2018
The look of sadness. Maybe not happy to be married The man should let her go.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Could Keep A 40-year-old Man From Getting Married? / Advise Needed Regarding A Live-in Househelp / Married Nigerian Men Are Pretenders?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.