Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,312 members, 7,811,927 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina (4691 Views)

Would Nigeria Had Done Better In This Match Under Shuaibu Amodu? / Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) / Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by omar22(m): 2:05pm On Jun 15, 2010
Amodu qualified the team and he should be the one leading them period. if lagerback is so good why did he fail with the swedish team. a team with players like Zlatan.

Van Gaal failed with Holland in 2002, in a team that had Mac Overmars, Bergkamp, Kliveurt the De Bore Brothers etc. doesnt mean he is a bad coach!!!!
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by Obodo999(m): 2:07pm On Jun 15, 2010
Our Super chicken players should be made to watch the performance of Italians aganst the Paraguay in the second half. Most of these players won Th world Cup just four years ago. But they play like they are playing in the competition for the first time. You can all see the hunger and desire not to loose. Sadly this is not part of Nigerian culture.
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by zagazow: 2:10pm On Jun 15, 2010
Van Gaal is good. we've seen what he has done. how about Lars?
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by eros(m): 2:20pm On Jun 15, 2010
Na wa oooo!!!! How could such a thought ever cross your mind? 100 of Amodu couldn't have done better than Lagerback, period.
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by zagazow: 2:25pm On Jun 15, 2010
just tell me what Lagerback has done. let me tell you 2 things amodu has done. he has qualified Nigeria for the world cup twice. that's a record you know.
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by medjai(m): 2:40pm On Jun 15, 2010
Nigerians and their colonial mental set up
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by cooltobex(m): 2:46pm On Jun 15, 2010
You guys have started again, first game all the criticisms
When Amodu was there as the coach, you guys criticized him that he was bad, lacked technical depth, made wrong substitutions and so on.
Now a foreigner is there, someone who coached Sweden for 10 years with all the experience in the World Cup, he only lost the first, and you have started, when will you stop?!
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by 080Nigeria(m): 2:49pm On Jun 15, 2010
I don't think it's really about the coach. I think we have a problem of trying to achieve good results with little effort. No foreign coach can work a miracle if that does not change.
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by duality(m): 2:50pm On Jun 15, 2010
its simple.the blacks dont like their own.  white is good black is not abi? when a white is lucky, he is the best , when a black do something great , its he's not good enough. rooney was lucky with goals he was greatly celebrated. even a commentator called him the hottest striker in the world. but we all know drogba is far better than rooney. plot the graph and see.when nigerians and the blacks want good coach they'll naturally feel it has to be a white guy. no wonder the withe always feel they are better than us. if amodu was at the WC he probably would have won it and made history. but his brothers wont let that happen. he's not good enough.
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by Kx: 2:51pm On Jun 15, 2010
All other good reasons apart,
Laggerback is better cos Amodu would sit out the 90minutes
while laggaerback stood still dishing out instructions.

Amodu will change defender for defender-echigile for taiwo,but lagarback will
adopt another tactical formation if a player gets injured.Amodu had not tactics let
alone tactical formation!
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by 9ce(m): 3:37pm On Jun 15, 2010
Obodo999:

Our Super chicken players should be made to watch the performance of Italians aganst the Paraguay in the second half. Most of these players won Th world Cup just four years ago. But they play like they are playing in the competition for the first time. You can all see the hunger and desire not to loose. Sadly this is not part of Nigerian culture.
cool cool and the man died grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by mrofficial(m): 3:40pm On Jun 15, 2010
One of the Amodu relatives is here again. Shut your mouth up!

Don't compare Amodu with Laggerback.

I no fit shout.
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 15, 2010
was just thinking
when did naija start having all these midgets in the SE,rem the days of keshi they were tall strong men with heart now we have nnsofo about 4ft,etuhu,tall but skinny,ayila,short,look at the IVC team,they are massive and can fight for balls,our players get pushed around easily
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by supereagle(m): 4:02pm On Jun 15, 2010
Amodu played Argies in 1994, the game ended 0-0, defeated france at their backyard, drew1-1 with ireland and you the man is not good. The most important thing in footie is the result, we shall judge largerback by the result he gets in this world cup.
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by say2say: 4:06pm On Jun 15, 2010
we should stop praising SE, we played against Argentina that 're not fantastic, apart from Messi, no other player really performed, if our coach is sound technically, he should have taken the advantage
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by medjai(m): 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2010
Nigeria verdict: Surprisingly, given the tactically astute nature of Lars Lagerback, Nigeria failed to demonstrate any real game plan and looked to run out of ideas when they got the ball in the final third. Playing a zonal marking system against a side of Argentina's quality was suicidal and a shaky defence was fortunate not to have conceded more than one goal
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=264037&cc=3888&ver=global
Nigeria approached the game against Argentina without a plan and this same Lagerback is better than Amodu? That game against should go down in history as our poorest ever
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by Rastamann: 4:14pm On Jun 15, 2010
He is the coach and he knows why he made such a selection. Amodu wouldn't have done better.
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by mrofficial(m): 4:15pm On Jun 15, 2010
medjai:

Nigeria verdict: Surprisingly, given the tactically astute nature of Lars Lagerback, Nigeria failed to demonstrate any real game plan and looked to run out of ideas when they got the ball in the final third. Playing a zonal marking system against a side of Argentina's quality was suicidal and a shaky defence was fortunate not to have conceded more than one goal
Nigeria approached the game against Argentina without a plan and this same Lagerback is better than Amodu? That game against should go down in history as our poorest ever

Only a fool will try to start an argument with you. I have 2 words for you, "Go Away!"
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by bisiaet: 4:16pm On Jun 15, 2010
I think some guys in the house are Amodu relatives for sure or one of those who receive a bit fall off crunches from his leak pocket.

How can someone be bringing issue of Amodu and be comparing it with Lagerbacks pls how does this match each other. Let this so called Amodu relative stop hidden or shy away from truth and be chasing shadow, the issue of Amodu is gone, football is not about selection mr poster lots of things are involve in football which Amodu lack and need to seek hepl for by going for more coach training to acquire them.

Lets be honest the way our players played under Amodu is it the right way a known Nigeria team should play? or cant this Amodu relative revert back on how we even qualify both for African Cup of Nation and World cup is all these matches the super eagle played a real football for someone with serious footbal business or just gambling?

Either Amodu should have done better or not is irrelevant now Amodu is gone and gone for good all we know now is Lagerback and he has come to stay if someone in 3 months to prepare our boys for world cup and the boys can still hold their pace in face of Dreaded Lionel Messi then he had done well. God bless.
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by Homonide: 4:18pm On Jun 15, 2010
I was tempted to dismiss this thread @ first, but i've seen some really ridiculous comments on it.

First, it looks as if the comparison between Amodu and Lagerback arose simply because Nigeria lost to Argentina. Argentina won that match not because they had a better team, but because they have better individual players one on one (never mind the sleeping on duty attitude of Nsofor).

As much as i sympathize with Amodu on the treatment meted out to him after he narrowly qualified the Country for the WC for the second time and then sacking him, i make bold to say that his successor has done a decent job of the Eagles despite the short time he has been in charge.

The team for one is more tactically disciplined compared to the Eagles of Amodu, bearing in mind that Lagerback is practically using the same squad that fumbled @ the Nations Cup. Lagerback also did something Amodu couldn't do- setting aside sentiments and selecting a player like Haruna, given the fact that he's only the player we can call a creative midfielder in that team (the inclusion of Adeleye and Afolabi also deserve commendation).

All said and done, i believe it is too early to start comparing Amodu and Lagerback, lets wait till the next two games. Suffice to say however that Lagerback is technically and tactically ahead of Amodu, from the little that i've seen of the Eagles since the Swede took charge.
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by medjai(m): 4:25pm On Jun 15, 2010
The selection aside, what was our game plan? Was it ultra defensive, gung ho, counter attack? We obviously had no game plan even seasoned espn analysts corroborate this view. The only game plan we had was for Etuhu and the back four to go to sleep and leave Enyeama to save us. We had only one shot on target and its not like we were ultra defensive. Lagerback obviously doesnt know anything about tactics
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by wazobiang: 4:36pm On Jun 15, 2010
Laggerback is a dumb saboteur.
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by CarlosVent(m): 4:37pm On Jun 15, 2010
pls stop all dis rubish argument and suport d new coach.
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by abacus(m): 4:45pm On Jun 15, 2010
All ye pro-amodu, get lost.

Why we allow this thread go this way long? Lars is better (besttest self). The problem with our football is administration and coaching (Amodu and his types).
Please allow Lars work. it's too early for distractions.  

Lars used the same squad Amodu used during CAN 2010 against Argentina, If not because of those Amodu agents in the team (Osaze and Kalu Uche), you all wont have gut to talk here.
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by ucyz09: 4:50pm On Jun 15, 2010
Amodu hmmm you guys have come again, next time we will be talking of using rashidi yekini and peter rufai in the stead of markins and enyeama. so long time i'
zagazow:

Amodu qualified the team and he should be the one leading them period. if lagerback is so good why did he fail with the swedish team. a team with players like Zlatan.
m outta here.
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by bamac(m): 5:01pm On Jun 15, 2010
samdigo:

i don't think laggerback really understands the super eagles. he lets chubby yakubu play the whole game rather that being a sub, he leaves odemwingie out until the 60th min,   what do you guys think?
i thnk u ar jst transfering d aggression of january to chubby yakubu in june,i saw a different yakubu on saturday,a determined nd aggressive yakubu we kno him to be. Do u kno maybe if he had started osazie we wil b talkn abt d worst performance by d eagles? D two subs had seen d wickness of d eagles wen they were on d bench which helped them to decide d kind of tactics to use. Pls revisite ur criticism.
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by bamac(m): 5:05pm On Jun 15, 2010
samdigo:

i don't think laggerback really understands the super eagles. he lets chubby yakubu play the whole game rather that being a sub, he leaves odemwingie out until the 60th min,   what do you guys think?
i thnk u ar jst transfering d aggression of january to chubby yakubu in june,i saw a different yakubu on saturday,a determined nd aggressive yakubu we kno him to be. Do u kno maybe if he had started osazie we wil b talkn abt d worst performance by d eagles? D two subs had seen d wickness of d eagles wen they were on d bench which helped them to decide d kind of tactics to use. Pls revisite ur criticism.
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by Ak4ril(m): 5:23pm On Jun 15, 2010
its too early to argue about dis, lets wait a little and support the new coach,

medjai:

which game are you talking of ? If it were Amodu that coached us against Argentuna, we would have conceded a minimum of six goals, because he would have started the game with Osaze & Martins, but will substitute them in 2nd Half with Etuhu and Odiah.

@ Medjai, please, think straight before you post any comment on this thread. This place is meant for intellctuals and not ill-brained people.
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by Ak4ril(m): 5:24pm On Jun 15, 2010
bamac:

i thnk u ar jst transfering d aggression of january to chubby yakubu in june,i saw a different yakubu on saturday,a determined nd aggressive yakubu we kno him to be. Do u kno maybe if he had started osazie we wil b talkn abt d worst performance by d eagles? D two subs had seen d wickness of d eagles wen they were on d bench which helped them to decide d kind of tactics to use. Pls revisite your criticism.

Thank you. The words were taken right from my mouth.
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by sage(m): 6:14pm On Jun 15, 2010
Amodu PR people don plenty for this forum abi? They dey pay una? Make una go siddon jor

Amodu is not a coach period!
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by Mesef1: 6:41pm On Jun 15, 2010
This question should not have arisen at all.

Or are we talking about an Amodu that lost to the Ghanian under 21 after conceeding an early goal and failing to devise the right tactics to get an equalizer in 75 minutes of football? Or the Amodu that played 3 defensive midfielders against an Essien-less and harmless midefield of the Ghanians? Please Please Please, there shouldn't be any comparison at all!

Again, I wonder why people are faulting Laggerback's tactics in the Argentina's match. Have we forgotten that the Argentine's strength in the attack was to be taken care of by the weakest part of our team - the defense? Only a dumb coach would throw caution to the wind and not adopt the tactics Laggerback did at the start of the match. As we saw during the match when the defense gained considerable confidence in the second half, he saw the need to become more adventorous and introduced Kalu Uche in place of injured Taye Taiwo even after introducing pacy Osaze and aggressive Martins.

Abeg, the tactics was right, else we could have counted more than 10 goals!
Re: Amodu Would Have Done Better Than Laggerback Against Argentina by jibosqie(m): 7:02pm On Jun 15, 2010
WENGER couldn't hold MESSI for 90Mins(4 GOALS), LAGERBACK held a combination of MESSI, TEVEZ, HIGUAIN and MILITO for 90Mins(No GOALS), That should Answer this question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa And Ali Nuhu / How To Join Barcelona’s Football Academy(fcbescola) In Lagos / Do You Believe Juju Exists in Football?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.