Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,578 members, 7,865,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:32 PM

BREAKING: Gov. Ortom Dumps APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Gov. Ortom Dumps APC (1504 Views)

Hakeem Baba-Ahmed Dumps APC (Saraki’s Chief Of Staff) / Adebayo Shittu’s Faction ‘Dumps’ APC In Oyo / Adams Jagaba Defects To PDP, Dumps APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Gov. Ortom Dumps APC by 15Ebisco: 2:38pm On Jul 16, 2018
Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom at the banquet hall of the Government House in Makurdi on Monday announced that he is no longer with the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

Ortom stated this while swearing in the newly appointed Special Adviser on Local Government and Cheftaincy Affairs, Jerome Torshimbe, disclosing that the APC had given him ‘red card’ to quit party.

Confirming the development to DAILYPOST on Monday, the governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Terver Akase, quoted the governor as saying that, “As for party, I’ve been given the red card and I’m now outside the pitch. So, if I have been given the red card and I’m standing outside, that means I’m a free man.”

DAILY POST recalls that Gov. Otom was considering dumping the APC.

The Governor is yet to disclose his new found political party, but has, however, noted that as soon as he makes up his mind in that regard, he would make it known to the Benue people.

“I don’t know what will happen next, but I’m waiting. If others approach me, then I will tell the Benue people that I’m joining another football club.”

He, therefore, calld on the people of the state to remain united and not to allow party or ethnicity cause diversion among them, stressing that God who helped him to win in 2015 is well able to see him through in the coming general elections.

“Let party or ethnicity not divide us. I’m a child of destiny and it’s only God that will decide what I will be. These challenges that we see today, we shall see them no more. All that we are required to do is not to begin to be wayward in our conduct but to move to the righteous side of God. Once we do that, things will work out for our good.”

READ MORE HERE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/breaking-gov-ortom-dumps-apc.html

Re: BREAKING: Gov. Ortom Dumps APC by buhariguy(m): 2:40pm On Jul 16, 2018
Ortom should better remain in APC and learn first before he will recontest in 2023.
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Ortom Dumps APC by KratosCorp: 2:48pm On Jul 16, 2018
Good.

All the middle-belt states should take cue and follow along.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Gov. Ortom Dumps APC by Dottore: 2:48pm On Jul 16, 2018
Things will never be right in this country until we all rise up and say no to both APC and PDP.
They are all the same people in different colours of apparel.
We should ignore their repugnant efforts to call for sympathy in their respective bids to use the masses to climb the ladder of power. They don't have the interest of the common man at heart.

History has proved that PDP's 16 years of inglorious rule was laden with corruption and incompetence hence APC used anti corruption as a selling point to garner support and climb into power.

On the other hand APC's maligned reign for the past 3 years shows nothing short of incompetence and more corruption and as such the country has no future if APC remain in power.

Join hands in the fight against recycling these bunch of old selfish men in the two parties.

#ScrapAPC&PDP
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Ortom Dumps APC by PassingShot(m): 2:51pm On Jul 16, 2018
Good riddance
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Ortom Dumps APC by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:56pm On Jul 16, 2018
A party that cannot come to your rescue when you need them, that one na party

It's long overdue!

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Gov. Ortom Dumps APC by okachie1(m): 2:57pm On Jul 16, 2018
Good morning Mazi Ortom!
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Ortom Dumps APC by docadams: 2:57pm On Jul 16, 2018
A weakling
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Ortom Dumps APC by bender79: 3:00pm On Jul 16, 2018
who will he run to now?
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Ortom Dumps APC by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 16, 2018
Benue is up for grabs.
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Ortom Dumps APC by Mynd44: 3:04pm On Jul 16, 2018
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Ortom Dumps APC by evy4ch(m): 3:28pm On Jul 16, 2018
APC IN HOT SOUP
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Ortom Dumps APC by apolonius(m): 3:43pm On Jul 16, 2018
Ortom was brought into APC by Senator Akume who largely controls Benue’s complex political fields after the PDP governorship primary was rigged against him.

Mr Akume funded and supported him to become governor.

Political godson and godfather fell out because of patronages and non-payment if salaries for over a year.

Well, he played very bad politics and was forced out of APC by Akume to allow the emergence of Emmanuel Jime as APC’s candidate and next governor of Benue.

Ortom’s departure has nothing to do with the insecurity that is now largely managed in Benue.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Gov. Ortom Dumps APC by gabbijason(m): 3:46pm On Jul 16, 2018
Long overdue.. Next?

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Gov. Ortom Dumps APC by balosunky(m): 3:48pm On Jul 16, 2018
I was expecting that but not this soon

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Gov. Ortom Dumps APC by uwa1(m): 3:49pm On Jul 16, 2018
Party that has failed in all ramifications and still looking for more responsibility to further showcase their failure.... That one na party...

Re: BREAKING: Gov. Ortom Dumps APC by farem: 4:03pm On Jul 16, 2018
buhariguy:
Ortom should better remain in APC and learn first before he will recontest in 2023.

The strong perception of the people as per Fulani unhindered killings is the major consideration and not the party.
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Ortom Dumps APC by thewritingtodo(m): 5:41pm On Jul 16, 2018
apolonius:
Ortom was brought into APC by Senator Akume who largely controls Benue’s complex political fields after the PDP governorship primary was rigged against him.

Mr Akume funded and supported him to become governor.

Political godson and godfather fell out because of patronages and non-payment if salaries for over a year.

Well, he played very bad politics and was forced out of APC by Akume to allow the emergence of Emmanuel Jime as APC’s candidate and next governor of Benue.

Ortom’s departure has nothing to do with the insecurity that is now largely managed in Benue.
Pls enlighten us, how did he play bad politics? Because he didn't want to toe the line or act the script from FG thru Akume? Yes, Ortom performed badly but he seized the opportunity thru the Fulani herdsmen crisis to stake a claim for his re-election...sad and interesting how things have panned out tho'.
Re: BREAKING: Gov. Ortom Dumps APC by apolonius(m): 7:57pm On Jul 16, 2018
thewritingtodo:

Pls enlighten us, how did he play bad politics? Because he didn't want to toe the line or act the script from FG thru Akume? Yes, Ortom performed badly but he seized the opportunity thru the Fulani herdsmen crisis to stake a claim for his re-election...sad and interesting how things have panned out tho'.

Does the crisis which he praised the FG for almost successfully solving on Channels TV Roadmap 2019 programme cover the fact that he hasn’t paid salaries for over a year now?

Will this non-payment of salaries and pensions for over a year be forgotten and forgiven just because he stood up for his people during the herdsmen crisis?

This,more than anything else,was central to his fight with Akume who helped him become governor.

Remember how Mbadinuju ended up after his fight with Emeka Offor and his decamping to AD in Anambra?

Remember how Mala Kachallah of Borno state ended his political career with his fight with Sheriff and eventual move to AD?

State-wide political structures take time to build. No matter how popular a candidate is,without one or the benefit of one,he can’t win the governorship.

Jimi Agbaje vs Fashola 2007
Jimi Agbaje vs Ambode 2015
Mohammed Lawal vs Bukola Saraki 2003
Megida vs Belfore Kwara State

Enough?

This won’t be different,unfortunately.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Gov. Ortom Dumps APC by thewritingtodo(m): 10:52pm On Jul 16, 2018
apolonius:

Does the crisis which he praised the FG for almost successfully solving on Channels TV Roadmap 2019 programme cover the fact that he hasn’t paid salaries for over a year now?

Will this non-payment of salaries and pensions for over a year be forgotten and forgiven just because he stood up for his people during the herdsmen crisis?

This,more than anything else,was central to his fight with Akume who helped him become governor.

Remember how Mbadinuju ended up after his fight with Emeka Offor and his decamping to AD in Anambra?

Remember how Mala Kachallah of Borno state ended his political career with his fight with Sheriff and eventual move to AD?

State-wide political structures take time to build. No matter how popular a candidate is,without one or the benefit of one,he can’t win the governorship.

Jimi Agbaje vs Fashola 2007
Jimi Agbaje vs Ambode 2015
Mohammed Lawal vs Bukola Saraki 2003
Megida vs Belfore Kwara State

Enough?

This won’t be different,unfortunately.
Lol @ enough...well, touche..no argument there. Thanks for the refresher course. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's China Visit Vs British Prime Minister Visit / Breaking News: This Video Has Been Going Viral In Nigeria. Watch And Share! / Gandujegate: Proof Shows Daily Nigerian Pre-recorded And Edited The Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.