Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,419 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff (8263 Views)

14,000 Exxonmobil Staff To Lose Jobs Over Dwindling Oil Demand / How Nlc’s Picketing Of MTN Violated Global ILO Rule / Salary Arrears Of 731 Former Staff Of Parastatals In Enugu Approved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by tempest01(m): 3:02pm On Jul 17, 2018
Former staff?

I believe it is their spy police that got court judgement against them, and they are trying to sack them and give a contractor prudential security the contract to recruit cheap labour for them. Nonsense they can't do in US and other places.

1 Like

Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by Samuelharry798: 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2018
I don't think picketing the office of exxonmobil since last week is the right thing to do really knowing fully well that the company agreed to comply with the supreme court judgement.
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by Samuelharry798: 11:01am On Jul 19, 2018
I am not a former staff of the company. what i am saying is that the spy police got a judgment in their favour against the company and the company has chosen to comply with the supreme court judgment to pay them their accrued entitlements since the case started. so i see no reason why they should continue to picket the facilities Exxonmobil.
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by maxlev1: 11:05am On Jul 19, 2018
The company has agreed to the supreme Court ruling . I just wonder why have the spy policemen continued to barricade the gates to the office of the company when there must have been a set dateline to pay them off based on the court ruling!
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by maxlev1: 11:23am On Jul 19, 2018
These people are going to be paid huge compensation running into millions and yet have chosen to set up camp in the company's facility!
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by maxlev1: 12:10pm On Jul 19, 2018
This kind of situation discourages foreign investors from doing business in Nigeria. I believe there are better ways to address this situation other than picketing the company's facilities around the country.
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by Samuelharry798: 3:16pm On Jul 19, 2018
Thank you very much @Maxlev1 to be honest I totally agree with you. Things are not done this way, i feel there are better ways to address this issue than how they've chosen to go about it.
Re: Exxonmobil Faults Picketing Of Its Offices By Former Staff by maxlev1: 3:43pm On Jul 19, 2018
Samuelharry798:
Thank you very much @Maxlev1 to be honest I totally agree with you. Things are not done this way, i feel there are better ways to address this issue than how they've chosen to go about it.
Don't mind them, they are just playing the victim card. Well this is a good lesson for all parties to be careful as well as considering all possibilities that might pop up in all their dealings.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Return To Nigeria To Work? / Question And Answers For Oil And Gas Jobs / Why Working From Home As A New Mom, Is A Win-win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.