Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) (27325 Views)

Anambra State Witness Influx Of Babies On Jan 1st / Beautiful Black Babies! / Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 02, 2010
SSaemoenl, just read your silly post further - you're criticising African women for carrying their infants on their backs, because you feel it's "primitive". You the civilised (and I say this tongue-in-cheek) one can't even construct sentences in English. "African ladies in abroad". Like "abroad" is a country, huh? It's "African ladies abroad".

Get your own life straightened out, before finding fault with "African" women.  angry
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by 0hsisi: 10:09pm On Jul 02, 2010
SSaemoenl:

Culture is what we create for ourself in the sense that the little way we can perceptive within the local environment we reside, but one might think living across the local environment and see changes in that same perception we believe in, We should try as much as possible to change and adapt to the new culture.

Many African young ladies in abroad always like to carry their babies on their back and even carry items on their head whenever they are working the streets of western countries, which i founds so primitive when compared to the white race.

Please have your say on the way out of this ugly practiced culture we tend to bring in abroad, as some will use dirty wrappers on that and make the act so primitives as the whites called it MONKEY way of life.

Your suggestion and called to improve our culture to 21st century world.

Seun needs to ban this slowpoke from here
What nonsense
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by 0hsisi: 10:11pm On Jul 02, 2010
Siena:

SSaemoenl, just read your silly post further - you're criticising African women for carrying their infants on their backs, because you feel it's "primitive". You the civilised (and I say this tongue-in-cheek) one can't even construct sentences in English. "African ladies in abroad". Like "abroad" is a country, huh? It's "African ladies abroad".

Get your own life straightened out, before finding fault with "African" women.  angry

Thank you
I live in abroad too cheesy
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 02, 2010
0hsisi:

Thank you
I live in abroad too  cheesy

Lol, my sista, how body nah?  wink

Na which abroad you dey for? Make I check whether na d same one me dey sef.  grin
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by 0hsisi: 10:19pm On Jul 02, 2010
Siena:

Lol, my sista, how body nah?  wink

Na which abroad you dey for? Make I check whether na d same one me dey sef.  grin

LOL
I dey Amirika
That is my abroad
I know say you dey drink tea with Eliza
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 02, 2010
^^^ LMAO! cheesy
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Vainglory: 11:28pm On Jul 02, 2010
Where is Saemoeni? In which abroad are you?
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 02, 2010
I dont get this backward mentality being displayed here.

I've seen non-african ppl do the same shoit.

If Non-African women do it, it's exotic and very fashionable. But when We do it, it becomes an issue.

What a hot mess.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by SSaemoenl(m): 11:38pm On Jul 02, 2010
FL Gators:

I dont get this backward mentality being displayed here.

I've seen non-african ppl do the same shoit.

If Non-African women do it, it's exotic and very fashionable. But when We do it, it becomes an issue.

What a hot mess.

Who are those Non africans that uses dirty things to carry a baby in the public, ? Mentalty change Pls. lipsrsealed
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 02, 2010
SSaemoenl:

Who are those Non africans that uses dirty things to carry a baby in the public, ? Mentalty change Pls. lipsrsealed
You're obviously suffering from something. Dont tell me, sounds like a personal problem.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by SSaemoenl(m): 12:02am On Jul 03, 2010
FL Gators:

You're obviously suffering from something. Dont tell me, sounds like a personal problem.

Then i rest my case as we are different people with different opinions, Go ahead and tell ur wife when going on an official thing, She should as well carry the baby at the back, Thread close!
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by SSaemoenl(m): 12:05am On Jul 03, 2010
0hsisi:

Seun needs to ban this slowpoke from here
What nonsense

You of course
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by maedan(f): 12:35am On Jul 03, 2010
ezeagu:

Yeah well, this is an opinion not medical fact. If the baby is well fastened and secured there's nothing to worry about millions of Nigerian women run up and down from the stream, bustle through busy markets with uneven streets and cross lawless roads with their baby's tied firmly to their backs. Millions of Nigerian babies aren't dyeing form Backing. There's a difference between plain embarrassment/a want to fit in than there is too proven medical science. I can assure you if this was a Celtic tradition no one will make an issue about "safety".

What has my point got to do with a medical fact?? You say that if the baby is well fastened there's nothing to worry about. Of course. In the safety of the home or in a contained area, I would agree with you. But whether home or in abroad tongue tongue grin, I suggest that women be more worried about "backing" their kids. Okay, in Nigeria the pram thing is not so common (imagine pushing your baby trolley into a danfo bus tongue) But many Nigerian women in foreign countries have taken the safe route of pushing your baby round in a stroller/buggy, not because they feel they must be "among" or be westernised. It's just the thing to do. Millions of kids in abroad that were never backed in their lives grow up healthy, so what do you mean by medical fact, sef tongue. Our mothers backed us, yes, but is it every culture we must cling to, especially when we are in abroad grin grin??

Anyway I don tire for this topic/debate. You are free to continue the discourse if you wish.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 03, 2010
maedan:

But whether home or in abroad tongue tongue grin,  Millions of kids in abroad  especially when we are in abroad grin grin??

Don't make me laugh!  grin You're claiming to be Westernized, and modern, yet you still can't get your written (and dare I say spoken) English right!

Where is "in abroad"? It's "abroad", you're just a Bush Woman making a lame attempt to appear trendy, and failing woefully.

Bush Woman, go sort your own deficiencies out first, before coming on here to castigate Nigerian women who choose to carry their infants on their backs! The last person to be criticizing African women should be a stark illiterate, that wouldn't recognise her rancid butthole from a hole in the ground.  cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by mutter(f): 4:12pm On Jul 03, 2010
@ Siena grin grin grin
Don`t mind her.
She just has a real prooobleeem!!!!
How can someone think this way? I also take my baby to official functions on my back when in African attire and guess what?
I find my pic in the newspapers posing with some govt. official or the other. They love having those pictures.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 03, 2010
mutter:

@ Siena grin grin grin
Don`t mind her.
She just has a real prooobleeem!!!!
How can someone think this way? I also take my baby to official functions on my back when in African attire and guess what?
I find my pic in the newspapers posing with some govt. official or the other. They love having those pictures.

Ride on, sister! cool
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by ezeagu(m): 10:54pm On Jul 03, 2010
maedan:

What has my point got to do with a medical fact?? You say that if the baby is well fastened there's nothing to worry about. Of course. In the safety of the home or in a contained area, I would agree with you. But whether home or in abroad tongue tongue grin, I suggest that women be more worried about "backing" their kids. Okay, in Nigeria the pram thing is not so common (imagine pushing your baby trolley into a danfo bus tongue) But many Nigerian women in foreign countries have taken the safe route of pushing your baby round in a stroller/buggy, not because they feel they must be "among" or be westernised. It's just the thing to do. Millions of kids in abroad that were never backed in their lives grow up healthy, so what do you mean by medical fact, sef tongue. Our mothers backed us, yes, but is it every culture we must cling to, especially when we are in abroad grin grin??

Kids aren't dying from it, why should it be thrown away if it is comfortable to the mother? Is it against the law? No, it is not, and we can see fathers carrying their babies on their shoulders in every Western country. Let's just be honest, if it was a tradition that the British brought to Africa we would be typing about how it is the "thing to do". You don't have to have a buggy, it's your child, you can carry them however you want as long as it is safe. Nigerian women are carrying their children on their backs in front of Western police and they are saying nothing, who is anyone else to say anything when the establishment, including doctors, are saying nothing. . . . in the abroad?
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by sophy09: 2:25am On Jul 04, 2010
When are we going to learn to appreciate our culture undecided
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by maedan(f): 2:36am On Jul 04, 2010
ezeagu:

Kids aren't dying from it, why should it be thrown away if it is comfortable to the mother? Is it against the law? No, it is not, and we can see fathers carrying their babies on their shoulders in every Western country. Let's just be honest, if it was a tradition that the British brought to Africa we would be typing about how it is the "thing to do". You don't have to have a buggy, it's your child, you can carry them however you want as long as it is safe. Nigerian women are carrying their children on their backs in front of Western police and they are saying nothing, who is anyone else to say anything when the establishment, including doctors, are saying nothing. . . . in the abroad?

I never said it should be thrown away ooo, nor is it against the law. Have you seen the music video of Kelis, Acapella?? She backed her child all through the video grin. It is a tradition that is healthy and great for the baby and mother, I just don't get the idea of doing it on the street like a Nigerian market woman cheesy. Even back home most enlightened ladies don't back their babies on top their suit or jeans - it's common among the less privileged. But you can bet that around the house, even Adenuga's (Globacom) wife is backing their latest baby on her back when the need arises!! But in abroad, no one is stopping you from backing your baby, it's just not quite the thing, y'know. But it's a matter of choice, and we all know there is plenty freedom of choice IN THE ABROAD grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Lol, @ ezeagu u sef u funny cheesy.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by ezeagu(m): 4:47pm On Jul 04, 2010
maedan:

I never said it should be thrown away ooo, nor is it against the law. Have you seen the music video of Kelis, Acapella?? She backed her child all through the video grin. It is a tradition that is healthy and great for the baby and mother, I just don't get the idea of doing it on the street like a Nigerian market woman cheesy. Even back home most enlightened ladies don't back their babies on top their suit or jeans - it's common among the less privileged. But you can bet that around the house, even Adenuga's (Globacom) wife is backing their latest baby on her back when the need arises!! But in abroad, no one is stopping you from backing your baby, it's just not quite the thing, y'know. But it's a matter of choice, and we all know there is plenty freedom of choice IN THE ABROAD grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Lol, @ ezeagu u sef u funny cheesy.

As you said, it's all a matter of freedom of choice. I never heard about it being not quite the thing to do though, because I clearly see baby carriers on sale and from the earlier pictures Westerners are now doing the same.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by SSaemoenl(m): 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2010
ezeagu:

As you said, it's all a matter of freedom of choice. I never heard about it being not quite the thing to do though, because I clearly see baby carriers on sale and from the earlier pictures Westerners are now doing the same.

Doing what, ? maybe in your area. I still stand on my word, that we have to eradicate that ugly system, by using clean material in the hse not in the public. smiley

And 2morrow you will inform us that carrying loads on your head is as well our culture, where as we dont want to embrace a new life. Change is what we are in!
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by ezeagu(m): 6:10pm On Jul 04, 2010
SSaemoenl:

Doing what, ? maybe in your area. I still stand on my word, that we have to eradicate that ugly system, by using clean material in the hse not in the public. smiley

And 2morrow you will inform us that carrying loads on your head is as well our culture, where as we dont want to embrace a new life. Change is what we are in!

That's your opinion. No mother is going stop doing anything for you, so go on with your whitewash. smiley
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by 0hsisi: 9:13pm On Jul 04, 2010
SSaemoenl:

And 2morrow you will inform us that carrying loads on your head is as well our culture, where as [b]we dont want to embrace a new life[/b]. Change is what we are in!

You are a nut case indeed.
So you have the guts to still talk after pics of oyibo women "backing their children" were shown to you.
If your mother "backed" you with dirty rags does that mean every one's mom did same?
The new life you should embrace must include registering in some school and taking serious English lessons
For someone who is oyibo inclined,you suck at simple grammar.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 04, 2010
0hsisi:

You are a nut case indeed.
So you have the guts to still talk after pics of oyibo women "backing their children" were shown to you.
If your mother "backed" you with dirty rags does that mean every one's mom did same?
The new life you should embrace must include registering in some school and taking serious English lessons
For someone who is oyibo inclined,you suck at simple grammar.

grin grin grin
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Okijajuju1(m): 11:57pm On Jul 04, 2010
Culture is what we create for ourself in the sense that the little way we can perceptive within the local environment we reside, but one might think living across the local environment and see changes in that same perception we believe in, We should try as much as possible to change and adapt to the new culture.

Many African young ladies in abroad   grin always like to carry their babies on their back and even carry items on their head whenever they are working  tongue the streets of western countries, which i founds  grin so primitive when compared to the white race.

Please have your say on the way out of this ugly practiced culture we tend to bring in abroad  grin , as some will use dirty wrappers on that   undecided and make the act so primitives  grin as the whites called it MONKEY way of lifegrin

Your suggestion and called to improve our culture to 21st century world  grin .
  grin  grin   grin   grin   grin

Has anyone considered opening a thread in the education section dedicated to teaching the english language??
One of my oyinbo friend like this nairaland ad i'm tired of explaining that some of these grammatical blunders are people typing in vanaclar.
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by topup: 3:15am On Jul 05, 2010
For the extreme cases which you've described, yes it does make you think what impression they are giving, BUT I see many westerners carry babies on their tummies, there are little 'inventions' for that, like a back pack you can wear on your chest with a baby pouch for the baby to sit in. If the wrapper is clean, and the baby looks comfortable and his/her head is not just hanging then I see nothing wrong.

Our ancestors were not barbarians and were certainly NOT stupid, carry a baby on your back, keeps both hands free, it keeps the baby near to the mother, and puts less strain on the arms of the mother, and on sore breasts. As we know most African women are often on the move and have a lot of responsibility to the household, they didn't have the time to be prancing around with their babies.

Btw, I have a hard time seeing many Africans casually wearing African attire, let alone seeing women act as if they are in the village. Where I live I have never seen an African/Black woman carry a baby in a wrapper on her back casually or in public. undecided
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by Sissy3(f): 3:28am On Jul 05, 2010
SSaemoenl:

do tell us whats next to "eradicate" in-order to embrace the next chapter of "new life" in your "white mans manual of advanced living"
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by MrFire: 3:40am On Jul 05, 2010
Ignorance and low self esteem are not bliss. Asians also carry stuff on their heads. It may be medically not ok but primitive? I do not see how. Rich Africans do not carry stuff on their heads. It is a matter of poverty as I have seen some poor-looking americans also do it. Baby backing is universal as we can see from the photos. You can purchase a baby clothe sling at any shop
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by daduke2k(m): 4:27am On Jul 05, 2010
Siena:

Don't make me laugh!  grin You're claiming to be Westernized, and modern, yet you still can't get your written (and dare I say spoken) English right!

Where is "in abroad"? It's "abroad", you're just a Bush Woman making a lame attempt to appear trendy, and failing woefully.

Bush Woman, go sort your own deficiencies out first, before coming on here to castigate Nigerian women who choose to carry their infants on their backs! The last person to be criticizing African women should be a stark illiterate, that wouldn't recognise her rancid butthole from a hole in the ground.  cheesy grin cheesy grin
OMG, DEATH !!!!
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by daduke2k(m): 4:28am On Jul 05, 2010
Siena:

OMG, DEATH !!!!
Re: African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) by kabukabu(m): 4:30am On Jul 05, 2010
The trolls are out in full force again,the proper albiet safer way to do it is in the front,prevents back strain.African women "back" their kids because they have so much going on in the front like washing,cooking,selling.I have never seen an American woman(black or white) carry in the back,if at all they use the front baby carrier, funny though that everyone showed pics of "white" women,when there are many different ethnic groups that live in western countries, grin grin grin.My people have a long way to go to lift the burden of " white envy" from their shoulders.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ori Olokun Unveiled In Ile Ife Osun State / Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? / Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.