Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:45 AM

I will Not Step Into Imo Govt House After The Expiration Of My Tenure- Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I will Not Step Into Imo Govt House After The Expiration Of My Tenure- Okorocha (235 Views)

Machina: I’m Still APC Yobe North Candidate, I Did Not Step Down / I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC / Imo Guber: I Will Not Step Down For Anyone- Nwulu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I will Not Step Into Imo Govt House After The Expiration Of My Tenure- Okorocha by sophsia62: 9:51am On Jul 17, 2018
Imo State governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha has declared that it will take a crane to bring him anywhere near the Imo State Government House after the expiration of his tenure on May 29th 2019, saying that he will be focusing his attention on higher political pursuits and allow his successor a breathing space in order to implement his own policies and governance styles in the State.

The governor who faulted the idea by some leaders of suffocating younger leaders argued that no leader can be said to have truly succeeded if he hasn't laid a solid foundation for younger leaders to emerge after him.

The governor who has been accused by his opponents of trying to remote control governance in the State even after he has left office said that his support for Ugwumba Uche Nwosu is purely on patriotic grounds, because he is convinced that the youthful real estate mogul turned politician would certainly deliver and even perform better than him as governor.

"Let me clarify once more that my support for Ugwumba Uche Nwosu is wholly on the ground that I have worked closely with him for some years now and I know his capacity. He is the best person to take over this State and drive Imo to a more enviable height than I could have done. If I wanted to still be in chay, I would have been supporting a weaker and less intelligent person, but I am supporting Ugwumba Uche Nwosu, because, he is the type of person you can hand over to, and be fully assured that Imo is in safe hands."

Owelle Rochas Okorocha who is renowned for his focus on mentoring younger leaders to take over the reins of power from his ageing peers, also challenged the incoming governor, Ugwumba Uche Nwosu not to disappoint Imolites who have shown him unusual love and support in his bid to become governor. He encouraged the seasoned administrator to ensure that he imprints his leadership signature on Imo State, especially in the hearts of the people.

"I have done my beat as governor and I will never be a governor again in my entire life. After here, I am looking to the next stage of my political life. I won't forget anything in the Government House and I will encourage you to take charge and move this State forward. Imprint your leadership signature in the hearts of the people, so that they will always remember you for good."

The Imo governor and Chairman of Progressive Governors' Forum also praised the Eziama-Obaire born chattered administrator for his leadership acumen, humility and integrity which have won him huge support from Imolites and even across Nigeria.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/07/iwill-not-step-into-imo-govt-house.html

(1) (Reply)

2019 General Elections Will Cost N242.4 Billion - President Buhari Reveals / Heat Kills 6 In Japan / Questions For A Deep Thought.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.