Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer (15799 Views)

Emefiele Fulfills Bail Conditions, Secretly Released From Kuje Prison - Whistler / FG Withdraws Corruption Charges Against Ashinze, Sambo Dasuki’s Aides / Dasuki Granted N200 Million Bail By Abuja Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by canalily(m): 11:48am On Jul 17, 2018
Is Dasuki still in prison? Pls lets stop and help him out Messi

Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by EbiKeys(m): 11:48am On Jul 17, 2018
They should have left him there. His case is one of the evidences we have against Buhari on human rights abuse. After February 2019.
Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by PointZerom: 11:49am On Jul 17, 2018
post=69456362:
Dasuki the ATM. This man, his 40 thieves and their main source will never go unpunished. They plundered all the wealth of this country unhindered. Justice will.prevail at last.

Cow milk drinkers can only wail on social media.

Cc Immhotep Lzza madridguy sarkin cilicmarine shalomc yarimo omenka
Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by trulygirl: 11:50am On Jul 17, 2018
Hmmm after a long time
Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by fellownigerianz(m): 11:50am On Jul 17, 2018
Finally Eh. Oga PMB anything for the votes Sir, anything!

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by Rindo69: 11:51am On Jul 17, 2018
Primary 1 - I want to be a daddy when i grow up

JSS 1 - I want to be a doctor when i grow up

University - Studies a degree programme for up to 5 years

Present day: Buy your stick meat, asun and bbq chicken

Don't be like M********S...

I don't know what time you have for your business when you are here all day with your head stuck way up the buttocks of the president.

Please feel free to tag this person

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by fellownigerianz(m): 11:56am On Jul 17, 2018
Rindo69:
Primary 1 - I want to be a daddy when i grow up

JSS 1 - I want to be a doctor when i grow up

University - Studies a degree programme for up to 5 years

Present day: Buy your stick meat, asun and bbq chicken

Don't be like M********S...

I don't know what time you have for your business when you are here all day with your head stuck way up the buttocks of the president.

Please feel free to tag this person

grin grin grin Chai Bros, na person pikin be that nah!
Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by joe120120(m): 11:56am On Jul 17, 2018
DONSMITH123:
The detained former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.), has met all the bail conditions imposed on him by the Federal High Court in Abuja on July 2, 2018, his lawyer, Mr. Ahmed Raji (SAN), told The PUNCH on Tuesday.

Raji said that a letter by the Deputy Chief Registrar of the Federal High Court confirming that Dasuki had fulfilled all the bail conditions would today (Tuesday) be presented to the Department of State Service which has been holding him in custody since December 29, 2015.

The lawyer, responding to The PUNCH’s inquiry about the status of Dasuki’s bid to meet the bail conditions, Raji said in a text message sent to our correspondent that the ex-NSA was expected to be released as soon as the DCR’s letter was delivered to the DSS on Tuesday morning.

Raji’s text message sent to The PUNCH read, “The letter written by DCR confirming that all conditions for the bail have been met will be delivered to DSS this morning.

“Upon delivery of the letter, the DSS is to release him in line with the order of the court.”

The Federal High Court in Abuja had on July 2 granted bail to Dasuki from the custody of the Department of State Service, where he had been detained for two and a half years.

Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu, who granted bail to Dasuki in the sum of N200m with two sureties in like sum, ruled that “the long and continued detention” of the applicant since December 29, 2015, could not be justified.

Although the judge rejected Dasuki’s prayer for a public apology and an award of N5bn compensation, she rejected all the grounds canvassed by the three respondents to justify the ex-NSA’s continued detention.

Apart from granting bail to the applicant in the sum of N200m with two sureties in like sum, the judge also attached other bail conditions including, that the sureties must be residents of Abuja.

She said the sureties could be civil servants not less than Grade Level 16 in the employment of the Federal Government or private citizens not employed by government.

If the sureties are Federal Government employees, they will deposit the certified copies of their letters of appointment and last promotion letters with the court, the judge said.

But the judge said if they are private citizens who are not employed by the Federal Government, they must own properties in the Abuja metropolis and must submit the original title documents to the registry of the court.

Such sureties are also to submit to the court, their evidence of tax payments the years 2015, 2016 and 2017.

The judge also ordered that either of one of two sureties to be presented or Dasuki himself, should pay the sum of N100m to the court’s account which could only be taken back after the completion of the case against him, to guarantee the bail.

While the court ordered that Dasuki’s passport must remain in the custody of the court, it also ordered bailiffs to verify the addresses of the sureties.

The judge also ruled that should the DSS have cause to question Dasuki after his release, he could only be invited and questioned between 9am and 6pm only on weekdays.

The judgment came about one year and nine months after the Economic Community of West African States Court of Justice in Abuja, in its own verdict delivered on October 4, 2016, ordering his unconditional release from illegal custody but which the DSS did not obey.

http://punchng.com/dasuki-fulfills-bail-conditions-should-be-released-today-lawyer/

Gmb,Buhari, gwaburi,jogodo, Tunubu, Saraki, Tugbara,Abike, Malami, Bello.

Come see 2019 style. is too late......

go and sleep. naija have fade up

Buhari must go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by coolexy2: 11:56am On Jul 17, 2018
Tor
Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by mikaael(m): 12:00pm On Jul 17, 2018
Newpride:
Next time he never have a hand in mismanaging public funds again.

Who told u?....put him in a public office trrw and he will do worse cos he has d experience needed
Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by Assassin101: 12:11pm On Jul 17, 2018
here we go again
Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by Assassin101: 12:11pm On Jul 17, 2018
This is so appalling

Does it mean the twitter handler does not represent the interest of the commission he works for?!

what are they even saying?!!
Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by Ahmeduana(m): 12:29pm On Jul 17, 2018
bugidon:
Say no to tasteless barbeque tongue
WHAT A BRUTAL PUNCH!

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by FLYFIRE(m): 12:40pm On Jul 17, 2018
post=69456362:
Dasuki the ATM.
This man, his 40 thieves and their main source will never go unpunished.
They plundered all the wealth of this country unhindered.
Justice will.prevail at last.
To see how some idiots were crying for an NYSC certificate forger to be heard first before passing judgment shows how idiotic hypocrites they truely are. These ones will never go unpunished.
Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by RevenGeMission: 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2018
magoo10:
Dasuki have been incarcerated for close to three years now yet this propaganda government have no reasonable charge against him nor judgement. Shame

Propaganda government indeed, You didn't read the part where he just met his bail conditions ??

Some people sef
Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by tete7000(m): 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2018
I thought Buhari vowed not to release the man in one media chat he once granted. What has changed? What has happened now? APC's effort to turn Nigeria into a total jungle will not materialized.
Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by magoo10(m): 1:23pm On Jul 17, 2018
RevenGeMission:

[s]Propaganda government indeed, You didn't read the part where he just met his bail conditions ??

Some people sef [/s]
Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by isnovic(m): 1:50pm On Jul 17, 2018
Well it is 2019 in-view.
Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by Paentera(m): 1:56pm On Jul 17, 2018
Shelumiel:
The security agencies in Nigeria have no regard for the judiciary! That is why a man can be detained in the hands of the DSS for more than two years without being charged of wrong doing . May God help us in this failed state called Nigeria.

It is not illegal to detail people who pose a security risk to the country. Festus Keyamo recently confirmed that the Supreme Court upheld a decision in this regards while he was counsel to Niger Delta Militants.
Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by Olatunji1929: 2:10pm On Jul 17, 2018
If pdp win next year election buhari must spend the rest of his live in cell 4 at kuje prision or kirikiri cell 8
Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by stevedre: 2:20pm On Jul 17, 2018
post=69456438:

SAY NO TO TRIBALISM

Are you sure you really own MANNA BBQ? How can you be using your official handle to write such a tribal comment on sensitive issues that have nothing to do with promoting either your business or it's network.
Can a non APC supporter be confident enough to do bussiness with you or it seems you are satisfied and do not care about some of your customers feelings as long as you are in your comfort zone.
Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by ican2020: 2:25pm On Jul 17, 2018
post=69456362:
Dasuki the ATM.
small brain
Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by 247Dior(m): 2:52pm On Jul 17, 2018
post=69456362:
Dasuki the ATM.
truly stupidity is embedded in your DNA.. this man have been in government custody for more than 3 year and the incompetent government of that fossil called mumu buhari could not convict him and yet you have no shame to run to social media to say trash. .you will die a shameful dead
Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by Switruth: 3:17pm On Jul 17, 2018
Brightgem:
Its high time. The man hear am, wish they deal with others like this without preference or playing politics. Meanwhile I am looking for this guy, pls holla if you know him or how to reach him. He is safe and not in trouble.
You really think say the man suffer like that? Think again. This is Nigeria. Jailed and jailers are criminals

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by HomeOfMe(f): 4:26pm On Jul 17, 2018
DONSMITH123:
The detained former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.), has met all the bail conditions imposed on him by the Federal High Court in Abuja on July 2, 2018, his lawyer, Mr. Ahmed Raji (SAN), told The PUNCH on Tuesday.

Raji said that a letter by the Deputy Chief Registrar of the Federal High Court confirming that Dasuki had fulfilled all the bail conditions would today (Tuesday) be presented to the Department of State Service which has been holding him in custody since December 29, 2015.

The lawyer, responding to The PUNCH’s inquiry about the status of Dasuki’s bid to meet the bail conditions, Raji said in a text message sent to our correspondent that the ex-NSA was expected to be released as soon as the DCR’s letter was delivered to the DSS on Tuesday morning.

Raji’s text message sent to The PUNCH read, “The letter written by DCR confirming that all conditions for the bail have been met will be delivered to DSS this morning.

“Upon delivery of the letter, the DSS is to release him in line with the order of the court.”

The Federal High Court in Abuja had on July 2 granted bail to Dasuki from the custody of the Department of State Service, where he had been detained for two and a half years.

Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu, who granted bail to Dasuki in the sum of N200m with two sureties in like sum, ruled that “the long and continued detention” of the applicant since December 29, 2015, could not be justified.

Although the judge rejected Dasuki’s prayer for a public apology and an award of N5bn compensation, she rejected all the grounds canvassed by the three respondents to justify the ex-NSA’s continued detention.

Apart from granting bail to the applicant in the sum of N200m with two sureties in like sum, the judge also attached other bail conditions including, that the sureties must be residents of Abuja.

She said the sureties could be civil servants not less than Grade Level 16 in the employment of the Federal Government or private citizens not employed by government.

If the sureties are Federal Government employees, they will deposit the certified copies of their letters of appointment and last promotion letters with the court, the judge said.

But the judge said if they are private citizens who are not employed by the Federal Government, they must own properties in the Abuja metropolis and must submit the original title documents to the registry of the court.

Such sureties are also to submit to the court, their evidence of tax payments the years 2015, 2016 and 2017.

The judge also ordered that either of one of two sureties to be presented or Dasuki himself, should pay the sum of N100m to the court’s account which could only be taken back after the completion of the case against him, to guarantee the bail.

While the court ordered that Dasuki’s passport must remain in the custody of the court, it also ordered bailiffs to verify the addresses of the sureties.

The judge also ruled that should the DSS have cause to question Dasuki after his release, he could only be invited and questioned between 9am and 6pm only on weekdays.

The judgment came about one year and nine months after the Economic Community of West African States Court of Justice in Abuja, in its own verdict delivered on October 4, 2016, ordering his unconditional release from illegal custody but which the DSS did not obey.

http://punchng.com/dasuki-fulfills-bail-conditions-should-be-released-today-lawyer/
The president being a very vengeful person and does not forgive. Apart from dasuki"s corruption crimes,he still hasn't forgiven him for what he did to him iso many years ago-it was payback time.
Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by poseidon12: 11:45pm On Jul 17, 2018
bugidon:
Justice "ijeoma ojukwu" released him undecided

So what, tribalist fool?
Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by poseidon12: 11:57pm On Jul 17, 2018
Crocky23:
After he had been freed by different courts on different occasions.
Same thing would happen to Bubu in 2019.

Yep. If Buhari loses in 2019, he will be in deep shit. Other members of his rights abusing team that will pay a big price include the IG of Police, DSS Director Daura, Attorney General Malami, and the ones overseeing the massacre of Nigerians by hired Fulani killers ( the NSA Monguno, the Interior Minister Dambazzau, and the Defense Minister).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by Shelumiel: 9:46pm On Jul 20, 2018
Paentera:

It is not illegal to detail people who pose a security risk to the country. Festus Keyamo recently confirmed that the Supreme Court upheld a decision in this regards while he was counsel to Niger Delta Militants.
Security risk as how ? For Pete's sake this man has been illegally detain for three years running and DSS can't prove squat!
Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by Paentera(m): 10:40am On Jul 21, 2018
Shelumiel:
Security risk as how ? For Pete's sake this man has been illegally detain for three years running and DSS can't prove squat!

Maupe Ogun (Channels TV): Buhari’s government has ignored multiply court rulings to release the Shiite leader and his wife; and also former NSA Dasuki. As a senior advocate, do you seriously want to speak for a candidate whose government defies court orders?

Festus Keyamo: "I will not support the detention of persons without trial. That is what I stand by. Detention without trial, I will not. And one of the things I hoped for the moment I decided to take this job, and I passes the word around. There is administrative bail first and there is bail after arraignment. Once you are granted administrative bail and government now decides to charge you to court, the administrative bail elapses. It is now at the court’s discretion to grant you bail. For instance, as I speak with you, the Federal Government has no powers to grant El Zakzaky bail again. You know why, he has been charged to court. That has now moved to the realm of the court. El-Zakzaky has been settled. The issue of Dasuki, he has multiple allegations around his neck. I will not support a government that detains someone without trials and without obeying court orders. But let me explain what Dasuki’s case is that people don’t understand. Dasuki has multiple allegations hanging on his neck. If for instance now, and I give one very funny example, I am involved in rape, I am involved in armed robbery, I am involved in stealing and I am also involved I threat to national security. I want people to understand how the law works. I am now arrested for rape. If I am arrested for rape, and the person goes to court and says you must charge me court and he is charged for rape and is granted bail for rape. The moment he is granted bail for rape, somebody comes and says this person is an armed robber. Do you know that this person invaded my house last week with a cutlass and killed somebody? As you are coming out of the court for rape, you are arrested immediately for armed robbery and kept. Investigation begins for armed robbery. They investigate that to the end and charge you for armed robbery. As you are coming out for armed robbery, somebody says do you this person wants to overthrow the government? Dasuki has tested this law. There is no argument. Dasuki went to the Supreme Court to test it two months ago and he lost. He went to say they did not obey the order on bail. I am not more powerful than the Supreme Court. Nobody is more legal than the apex court. The court said sorry, the EFCC obeyed the court order here. You are being held by another agency for another serious offense. Go and answer that one. And Dasuki’s offense, he gave money to hundreds of people. These allegations, every day you wake up, you hear them on radio. As they are doing one, another is coming up. Dasuki’s case is a special case, one we have not seen in this country before with multiple allegations. They are charging him to court, granting him bail and allegations are coming up. It is a matter of national security. Now the Supreme Court has said in the case of Asari Dokubo that once national security is involved, human rights are suspended. And I did that case. So, no human being can come and stand in front of me to make that kind of argument. I was the only lawyer that made that argument about national security and bail. The Supreme Court told me to my face."
Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by Shelumiel: 10:49am On Jul 21, 2018
Paentera:

Maupe Ogun (Channels TV): Buhari’s government has ignored multiply court rulings to release the Shiite leader and his wife; and also former NSA Dasuki. As a senior advocate, do you seriously want to speak for a candidate whose government defies court orders?

Festus Keyamo: "I will not support the detention of persons without trial. That is what I stand by. Detention without trial, I will not. And one of the things I hoped for the moment I decided to take this job, and I passes the word around. There is administrative bail first and there is bail after arraignment. Once you are granted administrative bail and government now decides to charge you to court, the administrative bail elapses. It is now at the court’s discretion to grant you bail. For instance, as I speak with you, the Federal Government has no powers to grant El Zakzaky bail again. You know why, he has been charged to court. That has now moved to the realm of the court. El-Zakzaky has been settled. The issue of Dasuki, he has multiple allegations around his neck. I will not support a government that detains someone without trials and without obeying court orders. But let me explain what Dasuki’s case is that people don’t understand. Dasuki has multiple allegations hanging on his neck. If for instance now, and I give one very funny example, I am involved in rape, I am involved in armed robbery, I am involved in stealing and I am also involved I threat to national security. I want people to understand how the law works. I am now arrested for rape. If I am arrested for rape, and the person goes to court and says you must charge me court and he is charged for rape and is granted bail for rape. The moment he is granted bail for rape, somebody comes and says this person is an armed robber. Do you know that this person invaded my house last week with a cutlass and killed somebody? As you are coming out of the court for rape, you are arrested immediately for armed robbery and kept. Investigation begins for armed robbery. They investigate that to the end and charge you for armed robbery. As you are coming out for armed robbery, somebody says do you this person wants to overthrow the government? Dasuki has tested this law. There is no argument. Dasuki went to the Supreme Court to test it two months ago and he lost. He went to say they did not obey the order on bail. I am not more powerful than the Supreme Court. Nobody is more legal than the apex court. The court said sorry, the EFCC obeyed the court order here. You are being held by another agency for another serious offense. Go and answer that one. And Dasuki’s offense, he gave money to hundreds of people. These allegations, every day you wake up, you hear them on radio. As they are doing one, another is coming up. Dasuki’s case is a special case, one we have not seen in this country before with multiple allegations. They are charging him to court, granting him bail and allegations are coming up. It is a matter of national security. Now the Supreme Court has said in the case of Asari Dokubo that once national security is involved, human rights are suspended. And I did that case. So, no human being can come and stand in front of me to make that kind of argument. I was the only lawyer that made that argument about national security and bail. The Supreme Court told me to my face."
Then why do we have count charges ? Or didn't the brain-dead-human-rights activist hear of that?! Mtchww.
Re: Dasuki Fulfills Bail Conditions, Should Be Released Today – Lawyer by Shelumiel: 11:04am On Jul 21, 2018
Paentera:

What happened to section 36 of the Constitution that says" innocent until proven guilty "? This man has not been convicted in any court of law . So why not let him go ...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Buhari, Osinbajo, APC Governors At NEC Meeting In Abuja / Ize-Iyamu: I Don’t Need Godfather To Win Edo Election / Tim Owhefere Dies Of COVID-19 Complications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.