Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media (5645 Views)

Lagos Assembly Reacts To Proscription Of F-SARS / Shehu Sani, Reno Omokri React As F-SARS Killed Kolade Johnson / Presidency Reacts Over The Death Of Kolade Johnson Killed By F-SARS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by gabng(m): 8:13pm On Jul 17, 2018
Recently (today 17/07/2018) , Social Media was agog with the pictures of F-SARS operatives (in official NPF F-SARS kit) in a casual photo (see attached photo).

Commentaries from citizens casting aspersions & insults followed same. In the midst of all these it is important to not loose sight of the following under listed facts:-

- operatives in that photo were part of the team that was involved in the capture of billionaire kidnapper "Evans"

- The operatives as recent as few months ago where involved in the release of an octogenarian relative of mine who was kidnapped on his way to Delta state from Lagos.

While Nigerian's may be pissed with regards to thier "looks" it is important to note that 70% of their work profile involves serious undercover work in tough & very hostile environment & they should not be expected to look like Idris Elba on the cover of Vogue Magazine.

Try & imagine how security in Lagos State would be if F-SARS is not working for just 12 hours. Trust me it would be a MAD MAX kind of apocalypse.

Give our policemen the support they deserve & push your elected representives to allocate more funding to the NPF.

Shalom

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by Righteousness89(m): 8:17pm On Jul 17, 2018
gabng:

Recently (today 17/07/2018) , Social Media was agog with the pictures of F-SARS operatives (in official NPF F-SARS kit) in a casual photo (see attached photo).

Commentaries from citizens casting aspersions & insults followed same. In the midst of all these it is important to not loose sight of the following under listed facts:-

- operatives in that photo were part of the team that was involved in the capture of billionaire kidnapper "Evans"

- The operatives as recent as few months ago where involved in the release of an octogenarian relative of mine who was kidnapped on his way to Delta state from Lagos.

While Nigerian's may be pissed with regards to thier "looks" it is important to note that 70% of their work profile involves serious undercover work in tough & very hostile environment & they should not be expected to look like Idris Elba on the cover of Vogue Magazine.

Try & imagine how security in Lagos State would be if F-SARS is not working for just 12 hours. Trust me it would be a MAD MAX kind of apocalypse.

Give our policemen the support they deserve & push your elected representives to allocate more funding to the NPF.

Shalom
That doesn't mean they should be Harrassing innocent citizens.

It also doesn't mean they should be looking as Thugs..

Shalom! Shalom!

21 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by NigeriaIsDoomed: 8:37pm On Jul 17, 2018
Go and die, most of them are criminals.
They will die a terrible death insha'Allah

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by gaby(m): 8:41pm On Jul 17, 2018
gabng:

While Nigerian's may be pissed with regards to their "looks" it is important to note that 70% of their work profile involves serious undercover work in tough & very hostile environment & they should not be expected to look like Idris Elba on the cover of Vogue Magazine.

Shalom

Then why the selfie if they truly know and understand what undercover truly means. They could as well be undercovering for some nefariousness.

I must salute the honest and hardworking officers amongst the forces though.

26 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by djjoad(m): 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2018
If this people stop you on the road, what will come to your mind first.

9 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by fineboynl(m): 9:16pm On Jul 17, 2018
the poster is a police officer under then inspector transmission of police media crews. what a damage control.
come to think about it in a neutral climates the transmission is still heading the police force and Nigeria is expecting change.

these guys are criminals and kidnappers, they kidnaps Nigeria youth for ransom and posting rubbish.. you talk as if you are not in Nigeria. they are extorting money from Nigerians daily and you are talking trash.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by jojomario(m): 9:17pm On Jul 17, 2018
No one has complained about the dressing initially. If not for the evil torments and abuse on masses and non suspects.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by MakeNigeriaGrea: 9:21pm On Jul 17, 2018
gabng:

Shalom
How can operatives of F-SARS be part of the team that captured Evans when Abba Kyari has his own team?

13 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by gabng(m): 9:23pm On Jul 17, 2018
gaby:

Then why the selfie if they truly know and understand what undercover truly means. They could as well be undercovering for some nefariousness.

I must salute the honest and hardworking officers amongst the forces though.

Picture was taken at F-SARS Base Ikeja by a third party & uploaded.
Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by gabng(m): 9:24pm On Jul 17, 2018
MakeNigeriaGrea:

How can operatives of F-SARS be part of the team that captured Evans when Abba Kyari has his own team?

IRT & F-SARS arrested Evans.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by gabng(m): 9:26pm On Jul 17, 2018
Exactly my point.

Are all F-SARS operatives guilty of heavy handedness??

No.

jojomario:
No one has complained about the dressing initially. If not for the evil torments and abuse on masses and non suspects.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by gabng(m): 9:27pm On Jul 17, 2018
Wait.

Na the juju for your village tell you all this?

Stop the shit you are sniffing youngin...

fineboynl:
the poster is a police officer under then inspector transmission of police media crews. what a damage control.
come to think about it in a neutral climates the transmission is still heading the police force and Nigeria is expecting change.

this guys are criminals and kidnappers, they kidnaps Nigeria youth for ransom and posting rubbish.. you talk as if you are not in Nigeria. they are extorting money from Nigerians daily and you are talking trash.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by gabng(m): 9:28pm On Jul 17, 2018
Identify myself

djjoad:
If this people stop you on the road, what will come to your mind first.
Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by harley88(m): 9:31pm On Jul 17, 2018
Stupid nonsense excuse. They work undercover yet they post pics of themselves in FSARs uniform online for the whole world to see.
Is like you are related to a FSARs official. I hope karma visits them soon for all their evil works towards innocent people.
Bastards

13 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by fineboynl(m): 9:32pm On Jul 17, 2018
gabng:
Wait.

Na the juju for your village tell you all this?

Stop the shit you are sniffing youngin...

stop posting rubbish, your defends to these guys look suspicious. criminal police officer

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by gaby(m): 9:36pm On Jul 17, 2018
gabng:

Picture was taken at F-SARS Base Ikeja by a third party & uploaded.

Owkies...me think they should be guarding against such seeing how sensitive their job is..
Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by SuperS1Panther: 9:38pm On Jul 17, 2018
If this is true, I apologise for my comment about these guys.

God will continue to protect you in your job, S long as you do not extort innocent citizens

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by fineboynl(m): 9:42pm On Jul 17, 2018
SuperS1Panther:

God will continue to protect you in your job, S long as you do not extort innocent citizens
after going through several of your post. I give up.

please quote here where you initially castigate the SARS. I want to see. you can't fool all the people in nairaland.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by falcon01: 10:37pm On Jul 17, 2018
f*ck them they bunch of assholes and by the way, who the f*ck are they protecting?? they don't deserve that job. There are a lotta people who are willing to die for their country but they wont get the job only lowlife riffraff's with connection in the system gets the job and end up not doing what they are supposed to do and harass people anyhow. f*cking scumbags.

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by SuperS1Panther: 11:23pm On Jul 17, 2018
fineboynl:
after going through several of your post. I give up.

please quote here where you initially castigate the SARS. I want to see. you can't full all the people in nairaland.

I pity you.

The pic has been on Twitter since yesterday. If you are just warming up to the news, sorry you are 24hrs behind.

Kindly reset your analogue clock

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by Arda1000(m): 11:36pm On Jul 17, 2018
You never enter dier hand na em make u get mouth
Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by gabng(m): 12:38am On Jul 18, 2018
You entire generation are bastards.

You dimwit brain can't process the fact that I don't have to be related to an official.

harley88:
Stupid nonsense excuse. They work undercover yet they post pics of themselves in FSARs uniform online for the whole world to see.
Is like you are related to a FSARs official. I hope karma visits them soon for all their evil works towards innocent people.
Bastards

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by gabng(m): 12:43am On Jul 18, 2018
I don't work there.

I am only concerned about the generalization & lack of objectivity in the way some members of the public have interacted with is issue.

The NPF is far from perfect but it does not give us the fiat to demonize every single operative of the unit.

Alas it's the Nigerian way, same thought processes that thinks all fulani's are killer headsmen & all south easterners are drug barons.

SuperS1Panther:

Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by gabng(m): 12:52am On Jul 18, 2018
All I can say on a public forum like this was that there was malicious intent in the upload of these pics of officers on duty at thier place of work (not harrasing or terrorizing a citizens)

gaby:

Owkies...me think they should be guarding against such seeing how sensitive their job is..
Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by kunmiiii: 1:03am On Jul 18, 2018
Hahahaha!!! Did u just say involve in "Serious undercover work"....Pls no "Serious undercover"detective will open teeth and post for a selfie adorning the attire of their security agency, you alluded it was taken by a third party, why allow a third party take implicating pictures of u showing teeth and brandishing assault rifles as if They are FSARS fashion models, when u know d pics might see the light of the day, why not delete the said pictures if not for show.

Though...I'm not gonna dispute their mediocre undercover work or debase their commitment to work and putting their precious lives on the line, but they are also VERY committed to the terrorization and the harassment of innocent youths and Nigerians abi the harassment is also part of their " Serious undercover duty"

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by gabng(m): 1:10am On Jul 18, 2018
Thanks for the Inquisition.

But I am not interested.

kunmiiii:
Hahahaha!!! Did u just say involve in "Serious undercover work"....Pls no "Serious undercover"detective will open teeth and post for a selfie adorning the attire of their security agency, you alluded it was taken by a third party, why allow a third party take implicating pictures of u brandishing assault rifles when u know d pics might see the light of the day, why not delete the said pictures if not for show.

Though...I'm not gonna dispute their mediocre undercover work or debase their commitment to work and putting their precious lives on the line, but they are also committed to terrorising and the harassment of innocent youths and Nigerians abi the harrasment is also part of their " Serious undercover duty"
Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by allexpensive: 2:30am On Jul 18, 2018
gabng:

IRT & F-SARS arrested Evans.

Irt and SARS did not arrest Evans. IRT has its men drawn from different units of the Nigerian police force. Most of the team members are mostly from F-SARS.
Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by allexpensive: 2:33am On Jul 18, 2018
kunmiiii:
Hahahaha!!! Did u just say involve in "Serious undercover work"....Pls no "Serious undercover"detective will open teeth and post for a selfie adorning the attire of their security agency, you alluded it was taken by a third party, why allow a third party take implicating pictures of u brandishing assault rifles when u know d pics might see the light of the day, why not delete the said pictures if not for show.

Though...I'm not gonna dispute their mediocre undercover work or debase their commitment to work and putting their precious lives on the line, but they are also committed to terrorising and the harassment of innocent youths and Nigerians abi the harrasment is also part of their " Serious undercover duty"

Those are IRT strike teams. The undercover unit of the team is unknown.

This is the same thing when it comes to the FBI, USSSS etc. Undercover officers(the ones performing surveillance) are unknown but some members of the tactical unit are known at times.
Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by kunmiiii: 3:31am On Jul 18, 2018
allexpensive:

Those are IRT strike teams. The undercover unit of the team is unknown.

This is the same thing when it comes to the FBI, USSSS etc. Undercover officers(the ones performing surveillance) are unknown but some members of the tactical unit are known at times.

Bro, The dude I quoted implied those guys are involved in "Serious Undercover Duties"

Coming back to your contrary assertion that they are IRT and they are not involved in surveillance or undercover work, it is still amiss and very inappropriate taking Selfies, showing teeth weilding assault rifles as if they are FSARS fashion models, because in sane nations and certain areas of the world where crime is rampant and raging esp like Nigeria where crime is unchecked being a police officer is extremely dangerous even AFTER they go home, they might still not be safe so balaclava and masks are worn by I.R.T, FBI H.R.T and even SWAT to hide their identity from onlookers and criminals, thus preventing reprisals against officers and their families.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by JoannaSedley(f): 3:39am On Jul 18, 2018
The searching of phones may now includes web searches of nairalands. Any negative news about SARS and you will go away for a long time. .Be warned.
Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by Voice234: 3:40am On Jul 18, 2018
OP it's quite obvious that over 95% of the people on the thread including myself don't buy your opinion. We know FSARS, they do good once in an eclipse but the evil they do by far outweighs their good. Some have had personal encounters, others have had friends and family suffer in the hands of the these government backed and armed daylight robbers.
I know it seems we the general public are generalizing and we lack objectivity but that's because to this, their is a single version of the truth.

But if this is an attempt at PR, please you guys should go back to your drawing board and restrategise.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Viral F-SARS Picture On Social Media by olas24u(f): 4:23am On Jul 18, 2018
JoannaSedley:
The searching of phones may now includes web searches of nairalands. Any negative news about SARS and you will go away for a long time. .Be warned.

so what do they watch for on peoples phones?thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ayu: APC Panicking Over Fear Of Losing Power; But We’ll Crush Them / ALERT: Army And The Boys In Serious Clashes - Avoid These Areas For Now / Sanusi Predicts Increase In Nigeria’s Poverty Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.