Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,177 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others (33223 Views)

2023 Elections: Observer Group Presents Report, Calls For Unbundling Of INEC / Nigeria’s 2023 Election Fell Short Of Expectations – US Institutes / US Observer Group Says Election Shortcomings Orchestrated To Benefit Incumbent, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by frank41(m): 9:52am On Jul 18, 2018
buhariguy:
you must be a kid,
As wide as thief fayose mouth,
As he ever told you, fg withhold the allocation of ekiti state?

Why the insult oga?
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by buhariguy(m): 10:00am On Jul 18, 2018
mavinc4u:

Both APGA and APC shared money. It was only PDP that did not share money because of Peter obi way of life. Even without APGA sharing money, they would have still won but the governor was afraid he was competing with Obi's candidate not even APC.
and obi candidate came a distance third, APC that decide not to outsmart the governor in sharing was part of the agreement to work for buhari in 2019.
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by deomelo: 10:12am On Jul 18, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIqE7TX2Nhc

How Obanikoro, Chris Uba, Omisore, Olubolade, Nigerian Army General Rigged Fayose Into Power

Where were these kabukabu groups in 2014 when jona used the same military to rig fayose into office with our stolen DASUKIATM money shipped by jona into ekiti?

Kusteb

2 Likes

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by ba7man(m): 10:18am On Jul 18, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Like I always say,

After election is concluded the losers should either accept defeat or go to tribunal with whatever evidence they have instead of endless wails on Social media.

We supposedly lost the election in Ekiti according to official results but we will do well to approach the tribunal to seek redress since we feel aggrieved.

N/B: By "we" I mean PDP members.
This one has cross-carpeted soo much he had to highlight the side he's on now. undecided
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by ba7man(m): 10:22am On Jul 18, 2018
hesilo:
In Anambra election 5k dollars were shared yet igbos voted the person they wanted, just #5k and all yorubas sold out. Tomorrow dey would say igbos love money. Ndi agu
$5k dollars?? shocked shocked shocked

These people are bloody liars!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by UnchangeableGod: 10:25am On Jul 18, 2018
somehow:
This wailing is starting to piss me off.

The 2 major parties shared money that day and the citizens voted while collecting money.

So what exactly do you want us to do?

This sarki is getting irritating already.
Sir, the difference is that PDP shared before service while the APC shared after service (with proof that you voted for them). PDP couldn't do same because the security agents intimidated them while the APC had their backing. BTW I thought that our amiable president and his party stand for integrity and anti-corruption. Is buying of votes not bribery and corruption? Are we to continue like this? If this continues, any government in power at the federal level simply does not need to perform. All they need is to bribe the electorate with security agents serving as under cover. Then anybody who complains becomes a WAILER!
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:26am On Jul 18, 2018
sarrki:

The exercise witnessed a high level of unprecedented electoral related challenges and such abuse will remain contentious until justice prevails

http://punchng.com/election-fell-short-of-global-standards-say-us-observer-group-others/

1 Like

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by kinibigdeal(m): 10:30am On Jul 18, 2018
Mynd44:

Fayemi was not governor in 2015, Fayose was.

And to counter it, Fayemi left governance owning just one month and the month of the handover (which had not ended yet) while no civil servant in Ekiti has been paid salary for any month in 2018 by Governor Fayose

Go back and check your facts. Fayemi left 3 months unpaid salary, Fayose added two making it five
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Shafon: 10:33am On Jul 18, 2018
thewarrior72:
But yoruba muslims says otherwise. By the way wetin concern me with ekiti election, i am a christian while yorubas and those who voted at ekiti are bloody muslims. Light and dackness have nothing in comon.
You are a mistake to your parents. I think they should take to psychtratic
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Shafon: 10:33am On Jul 18, 2018
thewarrior72:
But yoruba muslims says otherwise. By the way wetin concern me with ekiti election, i am a christian while yorubas and those who voted at ekiti are bloody muslims. Light and dackness have nothing in comon.
You are a mistake to your parents. I think they should take you to psychtratic
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by maestroferddi: 10:35am On Jul 18, 2018
sarrki:
Seriously

The parties involved and the masses that were induced financially

I begin to wonder if the masses that complains a lot about our politicians of not doing much on infrastructure, health,education and other social amenities received cash of less than $50 dollars to sell there state for 4 years

We aren’t all serious about the betterment of our country
Rubbish!

You support electoral heist and when your satanic desire has been done you turn round and start sounding sanctimonious.

Some day all the supporters of the evil government APC is running will get their comeuppance. Certainly some not far away day....
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by zinizta: 10:46am On Jul 18, 2018
hesilo:
In Anambra election 5k dollars were shared yet igbos voted the person they wanted, just #5k and all yorubas sold out. Tomorrow dey would say igbos love money. Ndi agu

is this a joke?

hahahahahaha Lmao

5,000 dollars per person equivalent of 1.8 million Naira....

guy sofry sofry. .... we are not as stupid as you think
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Dannybammz: 10:46am On Jul 18, 2018
After scrutinizing the results released by the INEC for the just concluded Ekiti state elections, my observations were as follows...
APC: 197,459
PDP: 178,114
Total: 316,019
According to the INEC...
But 197,459 + 178,114 = 375,573 according to how l was taught Arithmetic in school, so INEC where is the difference of 59,554...
Meanwhile 4 LGs gave the PDP 178,114 While 12 LGs gave APC 197,459 according to the Malthusian Theory of INEC??
Secondly according to the empirical formula of INEC which was posted on their website # EkitiDecides2018 goes thus...
*Accredited nos of voters= 405,585*
*Valid votes=384,594*
*Reject=18,857*
*Vote cast=403,451*
*Valid + rejected=493,188.*
So now how come valid votes plus Rejected votes is greater than numbers of Accredited votes of 405,585... And u say we should not ask INEC where they got their own Pythagoras theory of 40 degrees! When we all know that Pythagoras theory says Right angle Triangle is always 90 degrees..
I stand to be corrected!

1 Like

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by mavinc4u(f): 10:49am On Jul 18, 2018
buhariguy:
and obi candidate came a distance third, APC that decide not to outsmart the governor in sharing was part of the agreement to work for buhari in 2019.

Work for Buhari indeed. You better open your eyes. Apc came second because they shared money and PDP came third because they did not share besides obi was already told that Anambrarians want APGA as their Governor and would vote for him in PDP if he is contesting but he didn't listen. If obi is contesting in PDP then your APC should forget Anambra because they won't get any vote except from their members.
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by zinizta: 10:51am On Jul 18, 2018
Dannybammz:
After scrutinizing the results released by the INEC for the just concluded Ekiti state elections, my observations were as follows...
According to the INEC...
But 197,459 + 178,114 = 375,573 according to how l was taught Arithmetic in school, so INEC where is the difference of 59,554...
Meanwhile 4 LGs gave the PDP 178,114 While 12 LGs gave APC 197,459 according to the Malthusian Theory of INEC??
Secondly according to the empirical formula of INEC which was posted on their website # EkitiDecides2018 goes thus...
*Valid votes=384,594*
*Reject=18,857*
*Vote cast=403,451*
So now how come valid votes plus Rejected votes is greater than numbers of Accredited votes of 405,585... And u say we should not ask INEC where they got their own Pythagoras theory of 40 degrees! When we all know that Pythagoras theory says Right angle Triangle is always 90 degrees..
I stand to be corrected!

mathematics is not ur forte
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by icon02(m): 10:52am On Jul 18, 2018
ollah2:

But fayose is already owing and the duration will entend by 3 more months
What about kogi and osun?both are apc states not owed a dime by fg yet ? owing workers heavily even more than ekiti.
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 18, 2018
sarrki:
Seriously

I begin to wonder if the masses that complains a lot about our politicians of not doing much on infrastructure, health,education and other social amenities received cash of less than $50 dollars to sell there state for 4 years

The problem here is not the government but the citizens are stupid. The citizens know who can build a country and who can develop a country but they choose to vote for criminals. Nigerians abroad are the same they will only votes for a criminal then they what development and progress. We are very stupid people. Nigerians no who can do the job but they will not go to that person they will go to an idiot which can do nothing that is our behaviour all over the world. Let me give you a good example there was a foreigner farmer he was he was harvested 16 tons per hecter the people do not did not go to him the way to an idiot which cannot even harvest 4 tonnes per hectare. The net result is that they lost millions of naira in that venture. The real truth all over the world nigerians like to suffer and be killed.
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by mavinc4u(f): 10:55am On Jul 18, 2018
Dannybammz:
According to the INEC...
*Valid votes=384,594*
*Reject=18,857*
*Vote cast=403,451*
I stand to be corrected!

To be honest, I didn't follow this state election but if what you stated above was the calculations then something is wrong and needs to be calculated properly.
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 18, 2018
seunlayi:
The election was actually a slap on our democracy. I don't know why Ekiti residents with all the regards I have for them will allow this show of shame.

Yes ekiti is number one in education in nigeria. Do not forget that nigerian is 26 in education in africa . So all of this stupidity of education in nigeria we are educated like pure water. The truth of the matter is we nigerians can achieve nothing even if you go abroad is the same thing only we know how to do fool are ourselves and tell are s selves big lies. That we are great when we are nothing all over the world.
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by zinizta: 11:08am On Jul 18, 2018
mavinc4u:

To be honest, I didn't follow this state election but if what you stated above was the calculations then something is wrong and needs to be calculated properly.

cannot believe somebody is agreeing with hiswrong calculations and incoherent analysis...

lol so in LGA where PDP did not win those garnered votes that was cast for the Pdp would be excluded from the PDP aggregate sums ? that is exactly what he did.
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by somehow: 11:19am On Jul 18, 2018
UnchangeableGod:
Sir, the difference is that PDP shared before service while the APC shared after service (with proof that you voted for them). PDP couldn't do same because the security agents intimidated them while the APC had their backing. BTW I thought that our amiable president and his party stand for integrity and anti-corruption. Is buying of votes not bribery and corruption? Are we to continue like this? If this continues, any government in power at the federal level simply does not need to perform. All they need is to bribe the electorate with security agents serving as under cover. Then anybody who complains becomes a WAILER!

Wether you shared before or after, buttom line is that you shared.

The president is not the chairman nor the one running for governorship position. The chairman is in charge of the running of the party, not the president.

So the president is the only one that integrity should be tagged on and not pdp and everyone else including all Ekiti voters and you yourself?

Are you alien to having integrity? Since Ekiti people were only ready to vote for who would give them money (more). No thanks to the poverty in Ekiti state caused by the governor. (pdp). Should Apc now turn saint so as to allow pdp win by sharing the money as usual to please who exactly?

It's okay for pdp to share as they have been doing since 16 years ago but not okay for other parties abi?

Some people had the choice of voting for anyone, no one forced them to collect money. I have never collected money to vote before and i still voted my choice, so what?
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by mavinc4u(f): 11:28am On Jul 18, 2018
zinizta:

cannot believe somebody is agreeing with hiswrong calculations and incoherent analysis...

lol so in LGA where PDP did not win those garnered votes that was cast for the Pdp would be excluded from the PDP aggregate sums ? that is exactly what he did.

I am concerned about the sum up as I have seen a lot of people bringing the same issue, besides I never said I believe his calculations. I only said if his calculations are what INEC showed as the results then it needs to be calculated properly or what did you not understand? If you say that I owe you a total of N500 and when I demanded for break down, you gave me 500 + 500 = N1000, I mean what do I take as the debt; 500 or 1000?
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Billygee2u: 11:31am On Jul 18, 2018
sarrki:
Seriously

Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Billygee2u: 11:33am On Jul 18, 2018
fallout87:
Ekiti should remember not to cry or whine about their future suffering.

This is the same Fayemi who wasn't paying salaries in 2015, who they have now brought back to show them pepper in 2018.

People who ignore history are not only foolish, they're doomed to repeat it.

They let themselves be bought for nothing. Then they cry about corruption when they themselves are inherently corrupt to their rotten core.
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Kpress: 11:34am On Jul 18, 2018
stupid sagay is now telling us that the election was rig by APC just to revenge Ekiti people,, I have always known that the vote given to fayemi was PDP vote,this is the first election I have seen international election observas in US as rejected the outcome of the election.this shows we have no confidence in Inec chairman,
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Billygee2u: 11:36am On Jul 18, 2018
seunlayi:
The election was actually a slap on our democracy. I don't know why Ekiti residents with all the regards I have for them will allow this show of shame.
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Billygee2u: 11:39am On Jul 18, 2018
awakeupcall4all:
As for Fayemi we are earnestly waiting for you to walk the street of Ado oooo..Been mr. governor elect!!...I guess you are here to govern over the 60,000 police and army that came to rig election for you right??
I do hope they will stay back all through your short-lived reign...Mr. governor that needs battalion of fulani police and army to guide and secure the vote Ekiti people freely gave to him??.. grin grin grin shocked
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by ollah2: 11:43am On Jul 18, 2018
icon02:

What about kogi and osun?both are apc states not owed a dime by fg yet ? owing workers heavily even more than ekiti.

The discourse here is Ekiti
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by ollah2: 11:43am On Jul 18, 2018
icon02:

The discourse here is Ekiti.
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by Goddex: 11:44am On Jul 18, 2018
awakeupcall4all:
As for Fayemi we are earnestly waiting for you to walk the street of Ado oooo..Been mr. governor elect!!...I guess you are here to govern over the 60,000 police and army that came to rig election for you right??
I do hope they will stay back all through your short-lived reign...Mr. governor that needs battalion of fulani police and army to guide and secure the vote Ekiti people freely gave to him??.. grin grin grin shocked
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by KanwuliaExtra: 11:44am On Jul 18, 2018
Na today?
Like PDP, like APC!
No differenc.

SHYTE-HOLE POLITRICKS! cheesy
No hope for NIGERIA or NIGERIANS! cry
Re: 'Ekiti Election Fell Short Of Global Standards' - Say US Observer Group, Others by ehissi(m): 11:44am On Jul 18, 2018
blackpanda:
[s][/s]

Biggest liar ever!

Ekiti was paid several bail out funds. All went into fayose pocket

But am aware Fayose's bailout money was delayed by the Federal government. He was the last state they paid and the excuse was that they didn't wnat him to use the money to rig local government elections so they paid it much much later after local government elections.

The very day he was paid, it was published in T.V and print media and all over social media.

The fact of the matter is that, given the circumstances he found himself, he tried.What he owes civil servants wasn't this bad, until FG/Fayemi started tampering with his alerts. The man has tried, Give him some accolades abeg........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye / Buratai Dapper In Suit As Wike Hosts Colorful Banquet In Rivers / PDP Sacks Sheriff, Appoints Makarfi Interim Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.