Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu (13679 Views)

Terrorists Deposited Arms Ahead Of Attacks On Plateau Communities, Says Senator / Fayose Absent From Ekiti Election, As Voting Closes In His Polling Unit / Photos From Ekiti PDP Governorship Campaign Rally 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by Nobody: 5:32am On Jul 19, 2018
http://thenationonlineng.net/rivers-people-should-learn-from-ekiti-election/

The lawmaker representing Rivers East Senatorial District, Andrew Uchendu, has said the people of Rivers State should learn from last Saturday’s Ekiti governorship election.

Uchendu, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), spoke yesterday in a statement by his media aide, Solomon Okocha, while congratulating the Governor-elect of Ekiti State, Dr. Kayode Fayemi.

He said: “I must commend the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Nigeria Police and other security agencies, the media, and independent observers for the various roles they played to ensure a peaceful, free, fair, transparent and credible governorship election in Ekiti State last Saturday.

“It is important that APC faithful, particularly those from Rivers State, should learn some vital lessons from the governorship poll in Ekiti State. The victory from the election arose from collective efforts, teamwork and a focused leadership.

“In Rivers State, the across-the-board jubilation that greeted Dr. Fayemi’s governorship victory is a clear manifestation that the ultimate desire of Rivers people is to vote in a credible government in the state in 2019.”

The lawmaker urged members of APC in the state to support the leader of the party in Rivers and the Southsouth zone, Rotimi Amaechi, in order to win the governorship election in 2019.

He said: “It is important for all the tendencies in Rivers APC to rally round the leadership of Rt. Hon. Amaechi to give the people of Rivers State a clear option to vote out the clueless and purposeless administration of Wike.

“I am very happy that our leader (Amaechi), on many occasions, had clearly indicated that all governorship aspirants in Rivers APC would be given equal opportunity to contest the primaries, because to him, only the best is good enough for Rivers State.

“All the governorship aspirants who may feel threatened for one reason or another should be assured that nobody would be excluded from the primaries.”

Reacting to Governor Nyesom Wike’s allegation that the election in Ekiti was skewed in favour of Fayemi, Uchendu described it as laughable and frivolous.

He said: “It is quite surprising and really unfortunate that Wike always mounts the podium to comment on issues that have no bearing on the lives of Rivers people.

“I call on well-meaning Rivers people to be prepared to vote out and silence the kindergarten government currently occupying Rivers State Brick House (Government House), Port Harcourt. We must put an end to the ongoing assault on the reputation of Rivers people. We deserve a decent and responsible leadership.

“I wish to advise clerics, especially in Rivers State, to resist the temptation of being used by Wike to desecrate churches with immature politics, in order not to diminish our faith in the almightiness of God.”

The lawmaker admonished party members to be focused and not allow themselves to be intimidated by Wike and his allies.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by Hector09(m): 5:42am On Jul 19, 2018
If others are talking this fellow is also talikng too, this man have been in the lower chamber for good 16 yrs, yet he did not carry out any project, now he is in upper chamber all he does is to sleep

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by ardrockltd(m): 5:43am On Jul 19, 2018
issokay
Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by RevenGeMission: 6:33am On Jul 19, 2018
Then why haven't you organized a protest demanding for his resignation ?

You probably blame Buhari for those non existing projects too

Hector09:
If others are talking this fellow is also talikng too, this man have been in the lower chamber for good 16 yrs, yet he did not carry out any project, now he is in upper chamber all he does is to sleep

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by Hector09(m): 6:38am On Jul 19, 2018
Am not sure if u can read very well did i mention buhari, this man was there during OBJ and yaradua era
RevenGeMission:
Then why haven't you organized a protest demanding for his resignation ?

You probably blame Buhari for those non existing projects too

11 Likes

Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by RevenGeMission: 6:56am On Jul 19, 2018
And you took my response wrongly , instead of complaining on Nairaland, do something , No infrastructure is part of the reasons for the current hardship .. No more mentions abeg
Hector09:
Am not sure if u can read very well did i mention buhari, this man was there during OBJ and yaradua era

10 Likes

Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by Sharpshooota: 7:18am On Jul 19, 2018
There is no Afonjaz to vote in Rivers State

A party founded on lies and propaganda can't get a single vote in Rivers.. A Individual that contributed in giving us a killer like Buhari will not make heaven...

Only a sick person will sell out his generation because of 4000 naira .. Rivers will never be a grazing reserve like Ekiti is going to be...

25 Likes

Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:22am On Jul 19, 2018
So Rivers People should learn how to sell their votes like Ekiti?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by Tarzan360(m): 8:43am On Jul 19, 2018
Old man deceiving himself, 2019 is just few months away. Enemies of the state
Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:46am On Jul 19, 2018
grin
Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by python2gbera: 8:47am On Jul 19, 2018
Watch out for Wike, he will unleash his killer squad
-python2
Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by Benblaq(m): 8:47am On Jul 19, 2018
I heard with five thousand I can buy a full grown man in Ekiti.

By the way, APC has no say at all in River state. If they like, they should form coalition with thirty other parties.

5 Likes

Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by stanleyazo(m): 8:48am On Jul 19, 2018
Political olosho
Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by Authoreety: 8:49am On Jul 19, 2018
BHh
Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by budusky05(m): 8:49am On Jul 19, 2018
Tell them,
Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by dreamwords: 8:50am On Jul 19, 2018
Ok
Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by Sharpshooota: 8:52am On Jul 19, 2018
python2gbera:

Afonja also voted the two APC Senators in Rivers? You're a sicko.

-python2

What do you know about Rivers politics
You're a psycho

3 Likes

Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 19, 2018
Why did I book this space self, mtchww
Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 19, 2018
This criminal Uchendu that did a lot of white elephant projects in Emohua (CSS Ogbakiri school and water projects, and others) Whether PDP or APC, all these politicians are crooks.

For anyone who has lived in Port Harcourt or passed through it from Warri axis, you will be attest to the fact that as soon as you pass the bridge (New Calabar River) separating Choba and Emohua, you will be amazed by the contrast. While Choba (last settlement in PH before Emohua LGA) is a small city, Emohua just next to it is a thick forest. All the cult related activities there are sponsored by politicians. Remember that lawmaker that hit others with maze, yes, they are from the same Local Government.

See his insincere smile below:

Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by Chamber10(m): 8:54am On Jul 19, 2018
They should learn from Ekiti people to sell their conscience and votes abi?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by Dpharisee: 8:55am On Jul 19, 2018
The vital lesson for Rivers is that Your PVC is Your ATM card on election day as we have learned from Ekiti APC grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by HelpMeJesus(m): 8:56am On Jul 19, 2018
It's time to leave the satanic party. Ekiti must be reclaimed back ASAP
Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by 912(m): 9:00am On Jul 19, 2018
Just here to read how lazy yooots will be insulting themselves this early morning cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by contigiency(m): 9:00am On Jul 19, 2018
Hector09:

He was not elected to carry out projects but to make laws. It's rather the duty of the executive to carry out and execute projects.

1 Like

Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by HomeOfMe(f): 9:01am On Jul 19, 2018
Okocha101:

http://thenationonlineng.net/rivers-people-should-learn-from-ekiti-election/

The lawmaker representing Rivers East Senatorial District, Andrew Uchendu, has said the people of Rivers State should learn from last Saturday’s Ekiti governorship election.

Uchendu, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), spoke yesterday in a statement by his media aide, Solomon Okocha, while congratulating the Governor-elect of Ekiti State, Dr. Kayode Fayemi.

He said: “I must commend the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Nigeria Police and other security agencies, the media, and independent observers for the various roles they played to ensure a peaceful, free, fair, transparent and credible governorship election in Ekiti State last Saturday.

“It is important that APC faithful, particularly those from Rivers State, should learn some vital lessons from the governorship poll in Ekiti State. The victory from the election arose from collective efforts, teamwork and a focused leadership.

“In Rivers State, the across-the-board jubilation that greeted Dr. Fayemi’s governorship victory is a clear manifestation that the ultimate desire of Rivers people is to vote in a credible government in the state in 2019.”

The lawmaker urged members of APC in the state to support the leader of the party in Rivers and the Southsouth zone, Rotimi Amaechi, in order to win the governorship election in 2019.

He said: “It is important for all the tendencies in Rivers APC to rally round the leadership of Rt. Hon. Amaechi to give the people of Rivers State a clear option to vote out the clueless and purposeless administration of Wike.

“I am very happy that our leader (Amaechi), on many occasions, had clearly indicated that all governorship aspirants in Rivers APC would be given equal opportunity to contest the primaries, because to him, only the best is good enough for Rivers State.

“All the governorship aspirants who may feel threatened for one reason or another should be assured that nobody would be excluded from the primaries.”

Reacting to Governor Nyesom Wike’s allegation that the election in Ekiti was skewed in favour of Fayemi, Uchendu described it as laughable and frivolous.

He said: “It is quite surprising and really unfortunate that Wike always mounts the podium to comment on issues that have no bearing on the lives of Rivers people.

“I call on well-meaning Rivers people to be prepared to vote out and silence the kindergarten government currently occupying Rivers State Brick House (Government House), Port Harcourt. We must put an end to the ongoing assault on the reputation of Rivers people. We deserve a decent and responsible leadership.

“I wish to advise clerics, especially in Rivers State, to resist the temptation of being used by Wike to desecrate churches with immature politics, in order not to diminish our faith in the almightiness of God.”

The lawmaker admonished party members to be focused and not allow themselves to be intimidated by Wike and his allies.

I'm not into politics but I follow it a lot. I have one or two friends who are strong apc members. My own sister is a strong apc member,attends their exco or whatever meetings they attend weekly or whenever. I hear what they say,we argut a lot. I know Ekiti election was "RIGGED". So many people were given as much as 10k each to vote for them. People were bought-they sold their votes. Pdp is guilty as well,but apc outdid them. Nigerians deserve the kinds of leaders they have. Politicians and leaders use poverty to manipulate the people during elections.

1 Like

Re: Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu by horlabiyi(m): 9:02am On Jul 19, 2018
Mr Uchendu, should know that River state people are not foolish.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground / Nigeria’s Data Security Compromised As NIMC’s Portal Remains Comatose / Ghana Withdraws Travel Advisory About Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.