Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

What Is The Meaning And Origin Of ''naira''? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Meaning And Origin Of ''naira''? (561 Views)

Abba Kyari: How FG Spent Millions Of Naira In Trying To Save Buhari's COS - SR / Throwback Video: Even Buhari Does Not Know The Meaning Of APC - Akpabio / The Meaning Of Buhari's 4+4 Sign Pictures At National Assembly Dug By Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning And Origin Of ''naira''? by OHOnairaland: 3:54pm On Jul 19, 2018
Back in my primary school time, we were thought how the name NIGERIA came about, the person that designed the Nigerian flag and what green white green signified. We were also tutored on the Nigerian coat of arm, the symbols thereon and what they stood for. I have grown up now as an adult only to realise that I don't know what our Naira - the Nigerian currency stands for nor how it came about. This is really shameful. I have not ready about it anywhere and no school has ever thought me about it, not in the primary, secondary nor tertiary. Could there be a secrete surrounding the name as someone was making me believe recently? He said it meant Never Allow Igbos Rule Again. If it is not being taught, I personally think that such omission couldn't have been unintentional. Who can resolve the quagmire for me?

(1) (Reply)

Fayemi Presents Certificate Of Return To Buhari (pics) / Yahaya Bello I Won't Be Surprised If Melaye Burnt His Own Project To Gain Sympat / Things Buhari Should Do If He Wants To Win 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.