Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

k - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / k (1864 Views)

Should You Turn Off The A/C System Before Shutting Off Your Car’s Engine? / 5 Likely Causes For An Overheating Car Engine / Why Does My Car Engine Oil Dry Up Without Physical Leakage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

k by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 19, 2018
k
Re: k by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 19, 2018
Re: k by diportivo: 8:56pm On Jul 19, 2018
if u were in ibadan,I can assure u that u will get ur old engine sold

but since u are in Minna,it will be hard to say cos I don't really know about that area

but then,I'm sure u can sell it...and at a fair price too
Re: k by kayswag100(m): 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2018
Ask your Kazeem. He'll get you a buyer. They usually sell those worn engines to guys that make spoons, pots et al. All the best
Re: k by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 20, 2018
Re: k by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 20, 2018
Re: k by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
Fwesh101:

thank you for your reply, you mentioned kazeem, i don't understand please
kazeem means mechanic.he will get you a buyer but don't expect much money from it.
Btw,I think the Micra engine won't cost much
Re: k by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 20, 2018
[k
Re: k by Kewtt: 12:19am On Jul 21, 2018
Fwesh101:

I'm in ibadan how can i sell it?
i need new one
Find timifakay on nairaland here he can assist you
Re: k by Lexusgs430: 12:43am On Jul 21, 2018
Fwesh101:
hello people,i bought a micra cab in 2017,i dropped it for my driver, then i left for service (nysc) getting back from (nysc) the cab engine is bad now, currently no job yet,i will be driving the cab if i can be able to get a new engine

i have few questions to ask please

*can i sell the bad engine ?
*if i can, who are those i should look out for to buy the bad engine ?

i need your suggestions/observation/advice on this issue thanks

Are you concentrating on buying another engine or selling the bad one?

Or hoping to sell the bad one add money and buy another?

Your old engine would not get you much at all.....
Re: k by Nobody: 12:48am On Jul 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Are you concentrating on buying another engine or selling the bad one?

Or hoping to sell the bad one add money and buy another?

Your old engine would not get you much at all.....

my intention was to sell the bad engine and add more money with me to get the new one..i guess that's the smartest move
Re: k by Lexusgs430: 1:44am On Jul 21, 2018
Fwesh101:

my intention was to sell the bad engine and add more money with me to get the new one..i guess that's the smartest move

The amount you would sell the engine for, is basically scrap value.

Have you found out the cost of a better replacement engine?

1 Like

Re: k by Nobody: 2:09am On Jul 21, 2018
Fwesh101:

Raise money to get a good engine and do not rely on the proceeds from the bad. I sold a complete bad Camry muscle engine for 10k at Ladipo.
Re: k by Kewtt: 7:07am On Jul 21, 2018
Pipedreams:

Raise money to get a good engine and do not rely on the proceeds from the bad. I sold a complete bad Camry muscle engine for 10k at Ladipo.
You were robbed. A complete bad muscle engine should go for around 50-70k at least
Re: k by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 21, 2018
Kewtt:

You were robbed. A complete bad muscle engine should go for around 50-70k at least

LMAO. Bro nobody I repeat nobody will buy a bad engine for even 20k. These parts are sold to abokis
Re: k by Kewtt: 7:45am On Jul 21, 2018
Pipedreams:

LMAO. Bro nobody I repeat nobody will buy a bad engine for even 20k. These parts are sold to abokis
I am not a mechanic but I will buy that complete muscle engine 25k with a big ASSURANCE of getting my money back double fold
Re: k by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 21, 2018
Kewtt:

I am not a mechanic but I will buy that complete muscle engine 25k with a big ASSURANCE of getting my money back double fold

Go to Ladipo then and buy from 10's of people that change engine every Saturday and make a fast buck. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: k by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:

The amount you would sell the engine for, is basically scrap value.

Have you found out the cost of a better replacement engine?

thank you, yes new engine cost below 90k...if i get to sell the bad one i can add the money from it to get the new one, and besides,if i get a new engine i cant keep the old one
Re: k by diportivo: 5:20pm On Jul 21, 2018
Fwesh101:

thank you, yes new engine cost below 90k...if i get to sell the bad one i can add the money from it to get the new one, and besides,if i get a new engine i cant keep the old one

you are barking up the wrong tree bro

gather money,buy toks engine first before u start thinking of selling the old one

I'm sure u spoke about this to ur mecho and he didn't answer.....that's why u are here seeking solution

unfortunately,the solution you are seeking won't fly
Re: k by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
diportivo:

you are barking up the wrong tree bro

gather money,buy toks engine first before u start thinking of selling the old one

I'm sure u spoke about this to ur mecho and he didn't answer.....that's why u are here seeking solution

unfortunately,the solution you are seeking won't fly

thank you
Re: k by dbelovd(m): 10:14pm On Jul 31, 2018
Fwesh101:

Op, hope you av got the engine. If yes, pls how much is it?
Re: k by Nobody: 3:24am On Apr 04, 2019
dbelovd:

not yet, I just gathered some fund for it.
Re: k by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 26, 2019
dbelovd:

(1) (Reply)

Please Help, Where To Get A Good Car / Why Are Cars In Nigeria Appreciating In Value As The Years Go By? / Photos Of The Newly Unveil Innoson First Nigeria Made Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.