Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,674 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time (24231 Views)

10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us / 7 Video Games That Mocked You For Playing On Easy Mode / Video Games That Killed People In Real Life (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by vikstandon(m): 5:49pm On Jul 20, 2018
DonPikko:
Like if you remember this

That's Play Station 1

1 Like

Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by DonPikko: 5:56pm On Jul 20, 2018
Waffarianman:

Still have mine intact
me too, which game did you enjoy on it
Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by sprints1: 6:06pm On Jul 20, 2018
op u made a serious mistake by not adding call of duty, hitman , gears of war, ninja blade, medal of honor the graphics and story mode if this game were awesome and San Andreas too
Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by Jaymaestro(m): 6:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
Skyrim - Elder Scrolls <3
Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by Waffarianman(m): 6:15pm On Jul 20, 2018
DonPikko:
me too, which game did you enjoy on it

All Tomb raider.

Tenchu.

Tekken

Rasident evil

Winning eleven 4

Car race
Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by gonkin(m): 6:21pm On Jul 20, 2018
Half life is number 1. Good graphics and can run on pentium 3 with 513mb ram. Im actually waiting for half life 3

1 Like

Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by soliddust2020: 6:22pm On Jul 20, 2018
metroid:

Same here grin

I am Raziel, first born of his lieutenants.I stood with kane and my brethren at the dawn of the empire. Only the intro then they burst my head.

1 Like

Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by seyiojomu(m): 6:25pm On Jul 20, 2018
Why didn't dinocrisis find a way in the list?

1 Like

Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 20, 2018
you no put quake for there.. you are a learner!
Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by PapaNnamdi: 6:42pm On Jul 20, 2018
If u did not play medal of honor on ps1, u no play game..
Others include.. Xena warrior princess Crash bandicot CTR Driver Tenchu Tomorrow never dies
Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by HyDef(m): 6:45pm On Jul 20, 2018
My addition is the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by metroid(m): 7:16pm On Jul 20, 2018
soliddust2020:

I am Raziel, first born of his lieutenants.I stood with kane and my brethren at the dawn of the empire. Only the intro then they burst my head.

So much puzzles, warp to other world's to reveal hidden pieces of puzzles cool
Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by teemy(m): 7:27pm On Jul 20, 2018
1Sharon:
Where is Silent Hill?
lopapa!
Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by crossfire47(m): 7:52pm On Jul 20, 2018
DaFlash:
Metal gear solid.1998
PS1.
Now we are talking

2 Likes

Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by revolt(m): 7:55pm On Jul 20, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
baba d baba.
my bae ..... u jes go hide. Na wa oooo
Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by crossfire47(m): 7:55pm On Jul 20, 2018
DonPikko:
Like if you remember this
After renting consoles and going to gnaw centers to game, Can't explain the way i felt the day before mine was delivered to me then knowing that my elder bro had bought it.
Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by revolt(m): 7:57pm On Jul 20, 2018
aonag:
you no put quake for there.. you are a learner!
yesssssss...quake3 ..tht game made my trigger figure twitch on sega dreamcast. 4 player gamee evn my sister join us dey play....
Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by Chubhie: 7:58pm On Jul 20, 2018
Drive PS1
Godfather and Need for speed PS2
Medal of honor and FIFA Xbox
Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by naijalander: 8:03pm On Jul 20, 2018
Some of them were remastered

lexyman:

all the games can be rebuild for us to enjoy a better graphics
Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by revolt(m): 8:04pm On Jul 20, 2018
KrystosCJ:
Tekken; if you can beat me in Tekken send me an email so we can meet and greet in person.
bros ive been looking for you. I dont have tekken 7. I have tekken tag tournament 2. Pls tell me yiu stay in lagos. Ive been looking for someone to beat me. Hopefully your not a christie or eddy user. Id be disappointed. .
Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by toye440: 8:24pm On Jul 20, 2018
No one knows or has played Killer instinct on Snes. Abeg anybody get d link for version 1.0 on SNES
Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by Shaev7(m): 8:25pm On Jul 20, 2018
DaFlash:
Metal gear solid.1998 PS1.
My best... I finished it

1 Like

Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by fognext: 8:49pm On Jul 20, 2018
Who played DinoCrisis on Ps1

1 Like

Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by Lordwheez(m): 9:22pm On Jul 20, 2018
stano2:
Chai!!! Games move me no more unlike while growing up even went as far as going to Play Station game centre's during Sunday service.
Agu u almost turned me to an addict.. Thank my family relocated ooo
Can totally relate to this... Lol
Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by Lordwheez(m): 9:24pm On Jul 20, 2018
nathdim:
If there is no God of war............................................. . ........ ......... Story for the gods.....
Lol... You still remember that combo for "I am the god of war, i will make you suffer..."

1 Like

Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 20, 2018
fognext:
Who played DinoCrisis on Ps1

That game is so dope. The thrill when you finally get those two submachine guns with 1000bullets and the switch of character between the guy and the girl held up in different palavA. Finished the game like 3times

Did anyone play “AKUJI THE HEARTLESS” ps1 007 James Bond ?

1 Like

Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by zinizta: 10:01pm On Jul 20, 2018
DaFlash:
Metal gear solid.1998 PS1.
exactly... came with two cds

1 Like

Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by YomaA(m): 10:52pm On Jul 20, 2018
DaFlash:
Metal gear solid.1998
PS1.

I greet you for this mehn..that metal gear that year was fabulous..one of the very few games if not even the only that a movie hasn't been made of it,the game bad gahn

1 Like

Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by PotatoSalad(m): 11:28pm On Jul 20, 2018
Vasaratti16:
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 4 – the fourth instalment in the franchise, and the first to include third-person camera perspectives, as well as more action orientated gameplay – was way ahead of its time. Something of a hybrid, the game represented a pivotal moment in the series, a moment in which focus shifted away from conventional survival horror elements to a more commercial action-adventure style of gameplay.

In the game, players assume the role of Leon S. Kennedy – a special operative tasked with rescuing the president’s daughter from a sinister Spanish cult, Los Illuminados. Alone, vastly outnumbered and completely oblivious to the situation, Leon is soon infected with a lethal virus, leaving him with precious little time to make his escape.

Released in 2005, Resident Evil 4 was an unprecedented cinematic experience, complete with excellent animations, stunning visuals and immersive environments.

Graphically, nothing could compare, the game seeming as though it was somehow made for the following generation of home consoles, accidentally released half a decade early.
To date, it completely holds up, which is a testament to how truly progressive it really was.
Allí está
Matenlo grin
Lord sadler
Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by usebog: 6:52am On Jul 21, 2018
Thewizardof0zil:
Grand Theft Auto was way ahead of its time.
My best video game ever
Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by oneroflo57(m): 8:09am On Jul 21, 2018
Nobody has talked about prince of Persia ps2 or 1
DJBoy, double dragon sega or family con
Sunset riders was amazing in sega
Re: Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time by crafteck(m): 6:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
linkszelda:
Far cry 5 God of War 4 are the real deal
Legend of Zelda breath of the wild

So I'm the only one who feels far cry 5 is horrible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FAIRCHANCE.!! Otalenu!(baba IJEBU) / Finding It Difficult To Install Dream League Soccer On My Phone / How To Fix VRAM Issues On Pes 2016, Changing Your Shared VRAM To Dedicated VRAM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.