Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,557 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

How To Order On Aliexpress - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / How To Order On Aliexpress (3144 Views)

Aliexpress: How Much Is Custom Fee When Shipping With DHL? / Aliexpress Order Tracking Info No Update For 53 Days Now / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Order On Aliexpress by Larrywizzy423(m): 4:13pm On Jul 20, 2018
Good day Nairalanders, I've been hearing about AliExpress for a while now but have dissuaded the idea since it is not of African origin, but I decided to check and was impressed by what I saw from the cheap prices to the number of items there, so I want to ask this few questions
1. Is AliExpress genuine?
2. How is their refund policy?
3. Do they have buyer protection?
4. Steps on ordering
5. Which shipping company should I use?
6. How long does it take to get what I order?
Please I need your most sincere opinions.
Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 20, 2018
Larrywizzy423:
Good day Nairalanders, I've been hearing about AliExpress for a while now but have dissuaded the idea since it is not of African origin, but I decided to check and was impressed by what I saw from the cheap prices to the number of items there, so I want to ask this few questions
4. Steps on ordering
1) Yes
2) it takes a week at most for refunds but no more than that.
3)Yes they do
4) First of all pick sellers with 4.5 to 4.7 ratings, then add your Naira Visa/ MasterCard/debit cards under the My wallet option.
5) when ordering select Singapore Post and never choose China post except you are willing to patiently wait for 2 months before your goods arrive.
6) For Lagos Singapore post at most 10 days i can't say for other parts of Nigeria cos i haven't had any experiences in such areas.

10 Likes

Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by odaniel1(m): 8:21pm On Jul 20, 2018
dumo1:

1) Yes
3)Yes they do
4) First of all pick sellers with 4.5 to 4.7 ratings, then add your Naira Visa/ MasterCard/debit cards under the My wallet option.
5) when ordering select Singapore Post and never choose China post except you are willing to patiently wait for 2 months before your goods arrive.
6) For Lagos Singapore post at most 10 days i can't say for other parts of Nigeria cos i haven't had any experiences in such areas.

God bless you for taking the time out to share this post. A lot of people would have ignored but you chose to help.

7 Likes

Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by CruzJoe(m): 9:46pm On Jul 20, 2018
Larrywizzy423:
4. Steps on ordering

If you re buying for business...as in you want to buy and resell in Nigeria...... 1688.com is the best site to buy.......an item sold at 5,000 on aliexpress is sold for 1,000 on 1688
Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by yusasiv(m): 10:30pm On Jul 20, 2018
CruzJoe:

If you re buying for business...as in you want to buy and resell in Nigeria...... 1688.com is the best site to buy.......an item sold at 5,000 on aliexpress is sold for 1,000 on 1688

Thanks for this, please can u guide me on how to get my orders delivered on time and is free shipping available on tgis 1688?
Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by DeBrain045(m): 11:23pm On Jul 20, 2018
CruzJoe:

Can you help order Gionee A1lite on the website since you say its more cheaper than aliexpress

1 Like

Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by bularvz: 11:07am On Jul 21, 2018
dumo1:

1) Yes
3)Yes they do

Thanks, how do you collect your items?, is a post office box necessary.
Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 21, 2018
bularvz:

Thanks, how do you collect your items?, is a post office box necessary.
Nope. Just go to staff over the counter and tell them that you have items from overseas and then they will direct you to where you will collect the tracking slips for your items. You would then take those slips back to the counter and then they will calculate how much you will pay for your items based on the weight in kg written on your tracking slips. I think it's called handling charge.. grin
Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by toniotonero(m): 11:40am On Jul 21, 2018
CruzJoe:

D site is in Chinese hw do i translate to English
Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by Palmerbarry: 11:50am On Jul 21, 2018
toniotonero:

D site is in Chinese hw do i translate to English
Use Google translate.

1 Like

Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by Loritess: 12:36pm On Jul 21, 2018
dumo1:

1) Yes
3)Yes they do

I’ve been using AliExpress for years. Personally when I see anything shipping from Singapore I’ll run n look for China post. For me, any order from China gets here with 10 days- 3 weeks. Singapore takes about a month or maybe a little over a month.

One thing I won’t advise anyone to buy from AliExpress will be phone parts. My brother got a Samsung screen from there and it didn’t work.

Generally that’s where I buy most things from.

1 Like

Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by fibonacci2526: 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
Loritess:

I’ve been using AliExpress for years. Personally when I see anything shipping from Singapore I’ll run n look for China post. For me, any order from China gets here with 10 days- 3 weeks. Singapore takes about a month or maybe a little over a month.

One thing I won’t advise anyone to buy from AliExpress will be phone parts. My brother got a Samsung screen from there and it didn’t work.

You are referring to China post registered airmail and not China post small packet plus that is untrackable. Singapore post seems faster these days though, takes on average of 10-14days.

2 Likes

Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 21, 2018
Loritess:

Well different strokes for different folks. My best experiences have been with Singapore post and the worst with China post, took 3 months..
Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by Loritess: 1:24pm On Jul 21, 2018
fibonacci2526:

You are referring to China post registered airmail and not China post small packet plus that is untrackable. Singapore post seems faster these days though, takes on average of 10-14days.
True for China post small packet...I ordered for something that the best option I had was the Singapore post it’s about a month now, I’m yet to receive it.
Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 21, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Good observation bro.
Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 21, 2018
Loritess:

True for China post small packet...I ordered for something that the best option I had was the Singapore post it’s about a month now, I’m yet to receive it.
Which part of Nigeria did you want to have it delivered to?
Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by Loritess: 1:31pm On Jul 21, 2018
dumo1:

Which part of Nigeria did you want to have it delivered to?
Abuja
Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by Experience4u(m): 1:33pm On Jul 21, 2018
Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by Loritess: 3:21pm On Jul 21, 2018
Experience4u:
I intend to buy a phone for my wife through aliexpress, Pls how do I go about it. Thanks
Download the app on playstore or AppStore. There’s a bar at the bottom of the home page. Click search and search for the name of the phone you want. The kind of phones you’ll find there will be mostly phones made in China.
If you don’t have any phone in mind, you can just type in ‘phone’. Before buying any of them consider the number of orders for that particular item and the reviews. You also need to consider the shipping fees, because they’ll charge you for that as well.
When you are done deciding, click on ‘buy now’. Fill in your info correctly, your full address and make sure your phone number is correct. You should find out the postal code of the nearest post office to you. It’s mostly a 6 digit number, so that they’ll knw where to post it to. You’ll need your card details as well for payment. When you are done, click on ‘pay now’.
You have to wait till you get a call or text from your post office to receive the item. They might charge you to collect it. Maybe like #200 or #500 depends on the weight of the item but not more than 500 per item.

I’ll advise you order for something really cheap first might be a pencil, when you receive it then go ahead to order for your phone. To ensure your info you provided is correct. Don’t worry, they won’t charge you at all for a small item that weighs close to nothing. I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by pat077: 3:50pm On Jul 21, 2018
CruzJoe:

can someone who wants to buy for personal use buy from 1688
Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by bravesoul247(m): 3:52pm On Jul 21, 2018
Funny enough, I just finished checking out smart watches and Tecno Spark2 in AliExpress.

1 Like

Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by bravesoul247(m): 3:53pm On Jul 21, 2018
Larrywizzy423:
4. Steps on ordering
Thanks op for this. I've learnt from this.
Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by CruzJoe(m): 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
pat077:
can someone who wants to buy for personal use buy from 1688

I don't advice that..... If you want for personal use.... Use aliexpress.

1688 is for people who re going into mini importation

1 Like

Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 21, 2018
Loritess:

Download the app on playstore or AppStore. There’s a bar at the bottom of the home page. Click search and search for the name of the phone you want. The kind of phones you’ll find there will be mostly phones made in China.
If you don’t have any phone in mind, you can just type in ‘phone’. Before buying any of them consider the number of orders for that particular item and the reviews. You also need to consider the shipping fees, because they’ll charge you for that as well.
When you are done deciding, click on ‘buy now’. Fill in your info correctly, your full address and make sure your phone number is correct. You should find out the postal code of the nearest post office to you. It’s mostly a 6 digit number, so that they’ll knw where to post it to. You’ll need your card details as well for payment. When you are done, click on ‘pay now’.
You have to wait till you get a call or text from your post office to receive the item. They might charge you to collect it. Maybe like #200 or #500 depends on the weight of the item but not more than 500 per item.

I’ll advise you order for something really cheap first might be a pencil, when you receive it then go ahead to order for your phone. To ensure your info you provided is correct. Don’t worry, they won’t charge you at all for a small item that weighs close to nothing. I hope this helps.
Well detailed info, you did well grin cool

1 Like

Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 21, 2018
Thanks, I'm thinking of going into a mini importation business which one is the best option? Ali express or 168?
dumo1:

dumo1:

Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by adeniyisamuel59(m): 5:40pm On Jul 21, 2018
fibonacci2526:

This just reminded me of an order I made with China post small packet plus, I never knew it is untrackable, may it interest you to know that, up till today I have never seen my order over 3 months.
This is the singular issue that has discouraged me from making order from Aliexpress because that was my first time to test it.

1 Like

Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by fibonacci2526: 5:51pm On Jul 21, 2018
adeniyisamuel59:
This just reminded me of an order I made with China post small packet plus, I never knew it is untrackable, may it interest you to know that, up till today I have never seen my order over 3 months.
This is the singular issue that has discouraged me from making order from Aliexpress because that was my first time to test it.

Have you been to your PO? Most times these NIPOST staffs will not call you, you would have to go down there to check.

Next time pay for shipping by using a registered carrier to avoid stories, China small packet is untrackable.

2 Likes

Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by yusasiv(m): 6:38pm On Jul 21, 2018
CruzJoe:

I don't advice that..... If you want for personal use.... Use aliexpress.

1688 is for people who re going into mini importation

Please, does that mean, things are only sold in bulks and not in pieces on 1688,and how does one ship his/her orders to Nigeria?
Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 21, 2018
adeniyisamuel59:
You will pay fully for shipping but those sellers will send it as small packet. Sighs!! Were you able to get your refund back?
Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by CruzJoe(m): 12:35am On Jul 22, 2018
yusasiv:

Please, does that mean, things are only sold in bulks and not in pieces on 1688,and how does one ship his/her orders to Nigeria?

U buying only one piece ...it will be expensive to you by the time you calculate how much u spend on the shipping and ur procurement agent.

1688 is strictly for mini importers so u can make enough profit....

If ur buying for personal use. go aliexpress

Nobody should ask me this again... go through the chats here....before asking me questions on this .....I have explained it repeatedly.

If u want to go into mini importation... Use the link to chat me on WhatsApp.

3 Likes

Re: How To Order On Aliexpress by OreSho(f): 10:11pm On Jul 22, 2018
Aliexpress is for checking popular items. The Chinese site gives you better options even if it's for personal. You can buy 2 or 3 of the items you need, use one and sell to your landlord or Parish pastor. If they demand more, boom! You're in business.

Chat up this company, MerVen Inc Now 0905.... 303......47..41

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Red,white Curve 3g 9300,and Bold 3 For Sale Price Affordable And Considerate. / Fairly Used Red Nokia E63 For Sale @ N12k / iPhone X, XS Max and XR: How Much Is iPhone X, XS Max and XR In Nigeria (prices)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.