Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,760 members, 7,837,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

"Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps (29418 Views)

Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? / Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry / France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by xtervaganza(m): 9:20pm On Jul 20, 2018
CChillz:

Seems you didn't watch football in the 80's. go and do a little background check. maradona style of play, tricks and techniques when he was still playing soccer was way ahead of messi's style of play even up till now.
go Siddon, Oga. I'm a huge fan of Maradona but talent wise he's not better than Messi.

And Messi is also a better goal scorer and has won more trophies

1 Like

Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by bobnatlo(m): 9:21pm On Jul 20, 2018
samuelchimmy:
Who ask the coash
Obviously a sports journalist did

1 Like

Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by yahoodotcom: 9:21pm On Jul 20, 2018
CChillz:

Seems you didn't watch football in the 80's. go and do a little background check. maradona style of play, tricks and techniques when he was still playing soccer was way ahead of messi's style of play even up till now.
Neymae wasnt there and barca beats madrid . Neymar was there in psg and nadrid flog psg

2 Likes

Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by bluebird01: 9:22pm On Jul 20, 2018
Igwe is still igwe if you know you know #zerics
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 20, 2018
Senselin:
shocked

Throwing jabs at Henry for "picking the wrong side".

Henry was a ranking player and he is a better "coaching crew" than Deschamps at 40+.

[s][/s]Very annoying, he should've compared his achievements at 19 to Mbappe's at same age. Why is he dragging Henry out like this? [/s]

1 Like

Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by IamGoke(m): 9:24pm On Jul 20, 2018
It is not easy to be called IGWE.
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Realhommie(m): 9:25pm On Jul 20, 2018
I didn't see anywhere the coach said he is better than Henry at 19... Deschamps mentioned 2 names, Henry and Trezeguet, that they were Mbappe's age in 1998 but obviously didn't have same roles..

Truth be told, at 19 Henry wasn't this prominent and as influential as Mbappe has been both for Les Blues and also PSG not forgetting AS Monaco.. There is no comparison there.
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by FisifunKododada: 9:31pm On Jul 20, 2018
olafunny:
Mbappe is unarguably a very good player, but can never be compared with Igwe henry. The era of football has changed really. Henry shined and played at best when football was not really celebrated. Yet, he triumphed.

Henry is still Igwe of football

Rubbish. Mbappe is better.
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Realhommie(m): 9:31pm On Jul 20, 2018
Lucid1:

Very annoying, he should've compared his achievements at 19 to Mbappe's at same age. Why is he dragging Henry out like this?
Please read the piece again before you misunderstand the coach.. Where did he drag Henry to? Was Henry the only player he mentioned, why not say same for Trez?

For clarity, he referred to all 3 players at 19years of age.. No where did he compare Henry's entire career achievement to Kylian's at just 19 years old.

1 Like

Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by chuksisaac: 9:35pm On Jul 20, 2018
chiboy1116:
dembele isnt overated ...I believe he's on par with mpabbe ..dembele is more talented though but mpabbe is d better player now .
dembele is more talented truly..but ppl fail to see that..just that his attitide is his downfall
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by itsandi(m): 9:39pm On Jul 20, 2018
Why the comparison?
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 20, 2018
JasonScoolari:
What then will you say of the German failure called Mario Gotze? Neymar is not over hyped, you don't just like him.
I don't like him because he doesn't play like the likes of Ronaldo and Msssi which he claimed to be of the same class.
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 20, 2018
Tjohnnay:

Neymar worst
Absolutely
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Mccullum: 9:48pm On Jul 20, 2018
olafunny:
Mbappe is unarguably a very good player, but can never be compared with Igwe henry. The era of football has changed really. Henry shined and played at best when football was not really celebrated. Yet, he triumphed.

Henry is still Igwe of football

You're misunderstanding the coach, he said and I quoted - that Mbappe is better than Henry when comparing them at when Henry was 19 with the Mbappe performance at 19.... That Mbappe is more excellent compare to when Henry performance at 19 year old.
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by JasonScoolari: 9:51pm On Jul 20, 2018
Lenadiva:
I don't like him because he doesn't play like the likes of Ronaldo and Msssi which he claimed to be of the same class.
Lol, you just have to learn how to love him and how to be patient with him.

Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by ola12(m): 10:04pm On Jul 20, 2018
Senselin:
shocked

Throwing jabs at Henry for "picking the wrong side".

Henry was a ranking player and he is a better "coaching crew" than Deschamps at 40+.
Deschamps isnt good nd he won d world cup?. Stop advertising ur foolishness angry
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by ikorodureporta: 10:05pm On Jul 20, 2018
Yes. Henry wsnt as skillful as he is
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Macdav(m): 10:05pm On Jul 20, 2018
Why this man dey yarn akpata like this naun!!

Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by ronaldbecky(m): 10:06pm On Jul 20, 2018
CChillz:

mumu
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 20, 2018
ola12:

Deschamps isnt good nd he won d world cup?. Stop advertising ur foolishness angry

Is Deschamps 40? Argue with sense. Deschamps compared Henry with Mbappe at 19yrs of their lives and I compared Deschamps with Henry at 40 yrs.
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by kaydp: 10:07pm On Jul 20, 2018
Phut:

I know right. The brain drain, skills drain is too much. We need to do better.
Unfortunately, we're doomed already.
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by babakb: 10:10pm On Jul 20, 2018
CChillz:
This comparison has started again, na so dem take dey compare "messi and maradona" then. please let this mbappe boy be o so he can do what he is supposed to do, he has a very long and fruitful years ahead of him.

Bros Messi is far better than Maradona, for your information Maradona has only 12 trophies to his name while Messi has 32.

Before u mention 1986 world cup let me remind u that Messi has 4 UCL titles while Maradona has none.

Maradona is overated.
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by ola12(m): 10:10pm On Jul 20, 2018
Senselin:

Is Deschamps 40? Argue with sense.
Dude henry is in no way better in coaching than deschamps, dunno wat u're toking about
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 20, 2018
chiboy1116:
Messi is better than maradona oga....to b this consistent for 11yrs ..Messi is ahead of Armando ...argue with yourself .
maradona was also that consistent
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 20, 2018
babakb:

Bros Messi is far better than Maradona, for your information Maradona has only 12 trophies to his name while Messi has 32.

Before u mention 1986 world cup let me remind u that Messi has 4 UCL titles while Maradona has none.

Maradona is overated.
only a kid would say this

1 Like

Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
ola12:

Dude henry is in no way better in coaching than deschamps, dunno wat u're toking about

1st of all, I am not a "dude". List Reach amp's achievement as coach at 40yrs. Then I know you know what you are talking about.
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 20, 2018
ola12:

Point of correction, I am not a "dude". List Deshamp's achievement as coach at 40yrs. Then I'll know that you know what you are talking about.
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by chiboy1116: 10:17pm On Jul 20, 2018
Tjohnnay:

U mean for ps4 abi??
Ewu

Shey na by goals ni??

This last world cup wey dm play neymar is very useless

Hazard is far better dan him
u don't need to be insultive to pass across an info. Please . Pls tell me, how is hazard better than neymar ...neymar has more goals , more recognition , more titles , has competed with the best there is . Hazard is still local . Neymar has more assists . Don't just argue with sentiments ...hate neymar for his antics but it doesn't change the fact that he's the third best player in the world after Messi and Ronaldo . I for one don't like his antics either , but he's still a better player than hazard .

1 Like

Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by chiboy1116: 10:21pm On Jul 20, 2018
KazeemIbrahim1:

Dembele is a modern version of Walcott who's good with both feet..
lolx...u must b kidding me ...have u watched dembele ? I am not a Barca fan but that dude is on par with mpabbe Nd is more talented. It's just his attitude Nd dedication . I hope he changes that . Mpabbe is a more mature , Walcott was never as talented as dembele ..Walcott was a speed merchant just like Micheal Owen of Liverpool .
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by chiboy1116: 10:25pm On Jul 20, 2018
kallmemrB:
maradona was also that consistent
MEHHHHHH....I don't think so . Messi and Ronaldo are known for their consistency , Messi esp.
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by greggng: 10:31pm On Jul 20, 2018
Even with my beer belle I play more than all the people mentioned. Only that during my days footballers are regarded as failures. So I decided to go to school.even Ronaldo and messi can't even near me. Anyways is all in the past now....let me enjoy my old age and hope nairaland children respect my contribution....now some of you can't even read about my football exploit cos there is no longer history books in Nigeria....
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Respect55(m): 10:33pm On Jul 20, 2018
Silentscreamer:
bloggers and their lies.
Btw mbappe is good, but after playing for 10-15 years, he still would not be able to tie messi's shoe lace.
I think it should be the other way round because Messi is yet to lift the world cup

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music / Manchester United Fan Burns His Jersey / Ademola Lookman Arrived In Super Eagles Camp (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.