Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,387 members, 7,839,693 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

"Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps (29423 Views)

Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? / Eto'o Sensationally Claims Anelka Was Better Than Thierry Henry / France 4-3 Argentina: How We Stopped Lionel Messi - Coach, Didier Deschamps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 20, 2018
chiboy1116:
MEHHHHHH....I don't think so . Messi and Ronaldo are known for their consistency , Messi esp.
go check record...start from 78 to 90 u will be amazed

1976–1981
Argentinos Juniors
(116)
1981–1982
Boca Juniors
(28)
1982–1984
Barcelona
(22)
1984–1991
Napoli
(81)
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by KazeemIbrahim1: 10:34pm On Jul 20, 2018
chiboy1116:
lolx...u must b kidding me ...have u watched dembele ? I am not a Barca fan but that dude is on par with mpabbe Nd is more talented. It's just his attitude Nd dedication . I hope he changes that . Mpabbe is a more mature , Walcott was never as talented as dembele ..Walcott was a speed merchant just like Micheal Owen of Liverpool .
Watched him from Germany. I didn't say he isn't good. He's overrated.
He's Walcott that is good with both feet. cheesy
He should have benched Mbappe at Russia..
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by CChillz: 10:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
ronaldbecky:
mumu
seems you are born stupid, must you use insults when quoting someone, grow up.
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by eduwillz(m): 10:42pm On Jul 20, 2018
olafunny:
Mbappe is unarguably a very good player, but can never be compared with Igwe henry. The era of football has changed really. Henry shined and played at best when football was not really celebrated. Yet, he triumphed.

Henry is still Igwe of football
read B4 dropping rubbish....."at 19" is what he said
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Championjosh: 10:48pm On Jul 20, 2018
He should go and win the golden boot then we will come and talk about this.
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by RexTramadol1: 10:53pm On Jul 20, 2018
kallmemrB:
go check record...start from 78 to 90 u will be amazed

1976–1981
Argentinos Juniors
(116)
1981–1982
Boca Juniors
(28)
1982–1984
Barcelona
(22)
1984–1991
Napoli

(81)

This doesn't make him better than Leo Messi.

He tested positive for doping, need I remind you?

Messi is just another brand of footballer entirely, nobody thought he'd be as great as this

He started his game with the famous toros(putting the ball in between the opponent's legs with ease)

Moved to goal scoring (heighting goalkeepers was a trademark at a point)

To mastering free kicks

And now to build up play.

1 Like

Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 20, 2018
GisthoodBlog:
France Coach, Didier Deschamps believes Kylian Mbappe at 19 is better than Thierry Henry at 19.

Mbappe proved crucial, scoring in the 4-2 final win against Croatia as France won the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

He scored a total of four goals in the tournament including two important goals which secured a 4-3 win over Argentina in the quarter-finals.

The PSG Star is just 19-year-old but already has achieved so much at the biggest level of football and his national team manager Didier Deschamps believes he's one step ahead of previous greats.

“He knows he does things others don’t. He’s intelligent, he listens,” Deschamps told Le Parisien.

“I tell him when he does things well, but so many people say that.

“I’m also there to tell him what’s not good, even if that represents only five percent of his game. He corrects it and he listens.

“In 1998, David Trezeguet and Thierry Henry were his age but didn’t have the same role. Kylian is already grown up.

“I have played with very good players. I have also coached them. But him, it’s not only the quality. In terms of his age…With what he does now and what he should do in the future, I have always said, I’m very happy he’s French.

Source:>>SPORTDAB
http://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/07/kylian-mbappe-better-than-thierry-henry.html
Henry is greater than mbappe.

We can only compare dem at the end of mbappe career.
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 20, 2018
RexTramadol1:

This doesn't make him better than Leo Messi.

He tested positive for doping, need I remind you?

Messi is just another brand of footballer entirely, nobody thought he'd be as great as this

He started his game with the famous toros(putting the ball in between the opponent's legs with ease)

Moved to goal scoring (heighting goalkeepers was a trademark at a point)

To mastering free kicks

And now to build up play.
messi grew up in LA masia with likes of Xavi,iniesta and was also in a team that had ronaldinho,Eto,Henry,Larsson ...Maradona had none...no superstars,nothing but still uplifted Napoli and also winning the league and worldcup and also became the top scorer as a midfielder... He was awesome in his days

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Diso60090(m): 11:21pm On Jul 20, 2018
olafunny:
Mbappe is unarguably a very good player, but can never be compared with Igwe henry. The era of football has changed really. Henry shined and played at best when football was not really celebrated. Yet, he triumphed.

We French don't know there is igwe of football
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by olutop(m): 11:23pm On Jul 20, 2018
olafunny:

What the coach said is right when Henry was 19years he was not as good as Mbappe is at 19 Considering both contribution in 1998 and 2018 WC respectively....The future is what we don't know
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by RexTramadol1: 11:26pm On Jul 20, 2018
kallmemrB:
messi grew up in LA masia with likes of Xavi,iniesta and was also in a team that had ronaldinho,Eto,Henry,Larsson ...Maradona had none...no superstars,nothing but still uplifted Napoli and also winning the league and worldcup and also became the top scorer as a midfielder... He was awesome in his days

Buh you should also understand that playing alongside stars is very difficult cos none of them will just want a rookie to overshadow them in the scheme of things

Everyone wants to be the hero, and Messi didn't get to enjoy the services of Ronaldinho due to his long injury lay off in the beginning of his club career.

He came back and took things slowly, and I don't think he has for once not acknowledged Xavi and Iniesta....buh this two had to up their games because of Messi's will to take charge when Ronnie left.

Maradona is great, no doubts

Buh Messi has proven overtime to be a better version of him with deep knowledge of the game, even his wonder solo goal at the world cup isn't as interesting as Messi's when he started playing 'where the first to be dribbled still became the last to be dribbled bfr he scored'
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by ashacot: 11:42pm On Jul 20, 2018
Diego Amando Maradona should never be compared to messi. I repeat should never be compared to messi.
That man modernized football. If not for Pele genuise, Diego is the greatest player of all time.

Messi is good, but messi is in the league of alfredo de stefano, pukas, johan cruff ronaldinho

Diego, Pele, Ronaldo delima, Zidane are the greatest footballers of all time
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Oegbeyem: 11:46pm On Jul 20, 2018
chiboy1116:
u don't need to be insultive to pass across an info. Please . Pls tell me, how is hazard better than neymar ...neymar has more goals , more recognition , more titles , has competed with the best there is . Hazard is still local . Neymar has more assists . Don't just argue with sentiments ...hate neymar for his antics but it doesn't change the fact that he's the third best player in the world after Messi and Ronaldo . I for one don't like his antics either , but he's still a better player than hazard .
i don't know who is better but I'd rather have hazard in Barcelona than Neymar. Neymar is an immature ball hog.
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Kingsley1000(m): 11:47pm On Jul 20, 2018
Even better than cr7 at 19
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Kingsley1000(m): 11:47pm On Jul 20, 2018
I prefer him to neymar
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Oegbeyem: 11:48pm On Jul 20, 2018
ashacot:
Diego Amando Maradona should never be compared to messi. I repeat should never be compared to messi.
That man modernized football. If not for Pele genuise, Diego is the greatest player of all time.

Messi is good, but messi is in the league of alfredo de stefano, pukas, johan cruff ronaldinho

you're partially drunk. Ronaldo zidane and Pele are better than Messi? Cristiano is better than these three. Maradona was just like Messi but Messi is a faster, more consistent and better goal-scoring version of Maradona. In the end they are all great players. It's left for you to choose who you liked the most. Messi/Ronaldo rivalry has helped to motivate the two of them hence their consistency over the years. Would Ronaldo have been this consistent if Messi wasn't around and vice versa. It's all subjective

2 Likes

Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by LZAA: 11:53pm On Jul 20, 2018
chiboy1116:
Messi is better than maradona oga....to b this consistent for 11yrs ..Messi is ahead of Armando ...argue with yourself .
Maradona was consistent from 1977-1992
Maradona was the reason argentina won the wc in 86 and reached the final in 1990
He is also the person argies want messi to emulate and lead them to WC glory
Messi is a phenomenon but come on maradona was better
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by LZAA: 11:56pm On Jul 20, 2018
ashacot:

Di stefano and cryuff,puskas were top players so putting them below ronaldo and zidane is a bit insulting

1 Like

Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Oegbeyem: 12:01am On Jul 21, 2018
LZAA:

Maradona was consistent from 1977-1992
Maradona was the reason argentina won the wc in 86 and reached the final in 1990
He is also the person argies want messi to emulate and lead them to WC glory
Messi is a phenomenon but come on maradona was better
Disagree. Winning the world cup doesn't make him better. Griezmann too has won the world cup. Pele won World Cup thrice and in my eyes Maradona was much better. He was even a drug user. Imagine if Messi was using drugs. The highlight of Maradona's career was 1986, Ronaldo and Messi have many highlights. Week in week out they dazzle

1 Like

Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by gbagyiza: 1:25am On Jul 21, 2018
olafunny:

The man was comparing both players achievement at age 19.
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Nobody: 1:42am On Jul 21, 2018
alimology:
No doubt. The dude is still young and can still go far. Mbappe all the way

which far he wan go again? wetin pass world cup?
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Obagoal4u(m): 2:37am On Jul 21, 2018
chronique:

Try and read to understand(comprehension) before commenting. He is comparing Mbappe and Henry at 19 years of age and not in overall terms. When Henry was 19,he wasn't a worldwide sensation or a super star. He only became a super star while playing for Arsenal. His coach is absolutely correct.
bro i disagree with u... At age 19 henry was also a world champ and moreover, he was more technical, accurate passer and has the edge in taking d defenders for granted(dribbles). Though mbappe is Can run faster.
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by toprealman: 4:08am On Jul 21, 2018
olafunny:

The reference point is at age 19. Was Henry as good or better than Mbappe or was he like the proverbial fine wine that matured with age?
Mbappe can still be another Freddy Adu( Google can assist) or even better than the best we have seen so far( Pele, Maradona,Messi and Ronaldo.....choose one).
These ex- fooballers have their personal beef with fellow football stars and try to throw subtle needless punch lines just to even the score. Alan Shearer, Rio Ferdinand etc are all guity of same ish.

1 Like

Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Kabaka100: 4:13am On Jul 21, 2018
DonFreshmoney:
Mbappe is way overrated..

.....u mean for 135million euros?....no doubt, the kid is a wonder
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Addme: 4:44am On Jul 21, 2018
Unnecesary comparism.
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Nobody: 5:16am On Jul 21, 2018
You mailed me?
Addme:
Unnecesary comparism.
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by babakb: 5:53am On Jul 21, 2018
kallmemrB:
only a kid would say this

I presented facts and you couldn't but, I repeat Maradona has only 12 trophies, Messi has 32, Cr7 has 26, Maradona is overated.
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by Nobody: 5:55am On Jul 21, 2018
E dey mad.. Make e come EPL.. We dey wait
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by lesson44: 6:15am On Jul 21, 2018
olafunny:

football has always be celebrated in Europe. Not having access to Dstv in Nigeria then made you feels otherwise.
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by phemmyfour: 6:42am On Jul 21, 2018
olafunny:

@19 henry was nobody in Monaco. Henry was still average at France 1998. He became a star from 1999/2000 at Arsenal. Igwe couldn't be 19 then

Football has always been celebrated even from the days of maradona
Re: "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps by ankpaone: 6:50am On Jul 21, 2018
olafunny:

the coach was comparing mbape with Henry at 19 years. not Henry wholistically...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arsenal Women FC Announced The Signing Of Russo With A Nigerian 70s Rock Music / Manchester United Fan Burns His Jersey / Ademola Lookman Arrived In Super Eagles Camp (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.