Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,759 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer (25827 Views)

Nigerian Lady "Wows" Interviewer With Her Perfect English Speaking Skills (Vid) / What Will You Say If The Interviewer Says "You Have 10 Minutes To Impress Me? / Warning: Do Not Accept A Job Offer Without Asking These Five Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 20, 2018
An interview is supposed to act as an avenue to sell your skills and expertise to the hiring manager. It is also an avenue to ask relevant questions to the interviewer.

Interview Questions you should ask during the interview

1. What are your short- and long-term goals for the position?

Employers will probably ask about your career goals, but you should ask them what they want the person in this position to achieve. Are they concerned with increasing revenue, visibility, leads, improving morale or any number of other things? You want to know that they have a purpose for this position and aren’t just looking for a temporary solution.

2. Can you tell me why the last person left this job?

They might not tell you, but it doesn’t hurt to ask. If the person got promoted or took a better job elsewhere, that’s a sign that the position is a good way to advance a career.

3. Who are the people I’ll be working with on a daily basis?

Where does this role fit in the overall structure of the team and the business? Will you interact with people who can help your career? Will you spend most of your days in silence, typing on a computer? All that matters is that you receive an answer that appeals to you.

4. What do you think is the biggest challenge for a person taking up this role?

No position is perfect. In fact, some jobs are created to address a problem that needs to be solved. That could very well be what attracted you to the job. An honest employer will tell you what struggles lie ahead. That’s your opportunity to turn the answer around as a challenge you’re happy to accept and present some ideas of how you would tackle the obstacles. If the employer makes it sound too good to be true, it probably is.

5. Do you have any recommendations for how I could improve my interviewing skills?

Most job seekers forget to ask this. It helps you work on your failures so that you are ready for another interview. If you don’t get the position, you’ll be disappointed, but use it as an opportunity to improve your interviewing skills. Some employers won’t give you tips, but others might give you feedback that will help you on the next interview.

An interview should be an interaction between the candidate and hiring manager. As a candidate, you are interviewing employers just as much as they’re interviewing you. Have a list of interview questions ready before you start. You don’t need to ask these questions to look good to the employer; you need to ask them to learn about the employer.

READ MORE: >>> https://jobsportal.com.ng/jobs-tips-top-5-questions-you-should-never-leave-an-interview-without-asking-an-interviewer/

We at Jobsportal.com.ng hope this information helps!��

14 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by froshsteve(m): 12:12pm On Jul 21, 2018
I dedicate my FTC to all nairaland morons

9 Likes

Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by obembet(f): 12:13pm On Jul 21, 2018
That's when u get the job first...

This is Nigeria, If you are privilege to get job in oil company, don't ask foolish questions...

Or the job or family friend connect u to, u can't ask such questions bro,

Or political appointment....

Hope u knw that Nigeria produce over 300,000 every year... So get the job first

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by bazzyblings: 12:13pm On Jul 21, 2018
Buy space

3 Likes

Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by TooNoisy(f): 12:13pm On Jul 21, 2018
Sorry I don't think these are great questions to ask. They may not apply if it is a new role of if the company is small.

Candidates need to ask interview questions that demonstrate they know something about the company and they understand what the role is about.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by Naijawebmaster: 12:14pm On Jul 21, 2018
Nice and intelligent questions to ask. Trust me, some Nigeria interviewers cannot answer those questions. They'll use style to end the interview. You may not even get the job cos they may tag you as an OVERSABI.

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.

4 Likes

Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by Brainsg: 12:14pm On Jul 21, 2018
Ok
Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by ayobami52(m): 12:14pm On Jul 21, 2018
Are these questions feasible? It could make you loose the job, cos it can be termed that you are too inquisitive, can't keep secret.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by tym92(m): 12:14pm On Jul 21, 2018
tor

Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by good4all40: 12:14pm On Jul 21, 2018
Nice tips and should ask if l employed how much is my salary

1 Like

Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by vanPELaj(m): 12:14pm On Jul 21, 2018
Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by olukuewu(m): 12:14pm On Jul 21, 2018
thanks copied.
Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by Alloyhardu(m): 12:15pm On Jul 21, 2018
Noted grin
Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by qanda: 12:15pm On Jul 21, 2018
Most job interviews conclude with asking the candidate ‘Do you have any questions for me/us? Use this as an opportunity to further demonstrate your interest and enthusiasm.

Asking interviewers questions helps you re-highlight your qualifications, demonstrate your confidence, reinforce your commitment, understand the employer’s challenges, make yourself accountable and advance your candidacy. Ask few but intelligent questions and remember to thank the interviewer(s) for their time before you leave.

Here are some Job Interview questions you should ask your employer

-Can you tell me more about the day-to-day responsibilities of this job?
-Can you give me some examples of the most desirable aspects of the company’s culture?
-What have you enjoyed most about working here?
-Does the organisation have a budget for staff training?
-Does the organisation reward hard working and high performing staff?

Access Most asked interview questions and suggested/sample answers on Q and A App Download Q and A App from Google Playstore.

1 Like

Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by Pentools(m): 12:16pm On Jul 21, 2018
Enough of this interviewer crap, people should channel all this energy into entrepreneurship.

Live your dreams cut fear, live you dreams do in your dieing days there won't be any regret or left over potentials you couldn't utilize cuz you added most of your lifetime to someone elses all in the name of slavery monthly paid jobs...

#ChooseWisely

4 Likes

Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by jibbish(m): 12:17pm On Jul 21, 2018
Dear OP, is your aim to be the best Interviewee at every job?
why the number 5

1 Like

Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by Godsonkemz(m): 12:19pm On Jul 21, 2018
Good one but not when the goals and some of the questions mentioned have been clearly specified and you still wanna ask makes you look daft and slow to comprehend
Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 21, 2018
OK.
Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by gaetano: 12:26pm On Jul 21, 2018
Interviewers in Nigeria don't even want you to ask them questions. They fell like they are doing you a favor undecided
Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 21, 2018
I entirely agree with the article. Very on point. That career progression is also important, you need reassurance that you would rise through the ranks as at when due. You could also ask about paid study leave.
Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by correctyourself(m): 12:28pm On Jul 21, 2018
Asking these questions make you look as if you don't have the experience required for the job.

What you may ask in a well organized organization is (did management encourage it staff to build their human capacity development), so that they sees you as somebody who wants to learn and improve on his or her service delivery.

3 Likes

Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by dblimited07(m): 12:29pm On Jul 21, 2018
Five bedroom bungalow
Contact me on whatsapp +2347063164115

Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by Cumtroller: 12:29pm On Jul 21, 2018
Ask me those questions and you definitely ain’t getting the position.

I recall the last interview I conducted. Useless half baked graduate was trying to sound smart. Till I asked him to remind me his final year project topic. Dude was shitting his pants...

2 Likes

Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by Jethrolite(m): 12:35pm On Jul 21, 2018
Nice one.

Cumtroller:
Ask me those questions and you definitely ain’t getting the position.

I recall the last interview I conducted. Useless half baked graduate was trying to sound smart. Till I asked him to remind me his final year project topic. Dude was shitting his pants...

Who needs your 25k job.

2 Likes

Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by Rollitout: 12:41pm On Jul 21, 2018
:

Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by Sanchase: 12:57pm On Jul 21, 2018
Negotiate the salary with him/her and demand for an official car or else you will not come to work early.
Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by SoNature(m): 1:04pm On Jul 21, 2018
Please what works in the US doesn't work in Nigeria

A Nigerian employer thinks he's doing an employee a favor by providing him with a means of livelihood

An American employer thinks you are coming to contribute your effort toward the growth of his company

After asking I. Most Nigerian employers those questions, they will be furious because they will be asking themselves: is he/she the interviewer or I am?

Trust me, they will never call u back

2 Likes

Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by gevans(m): 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
Jethrolite:
Nice one.
Who needs your 25k job.
u can't tell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by Naturallyme: 1:17pm On Jul 21, 2018
These are just dumb questions to me. You cant tell me you don't know much about your role and how it interfaces with other roles.

You can ask questions about organisational cultures, training and development. Recognition and reward systems, company core values and probably internal control systems.

Don't ask lame questions please. All these questions are for dumbs who don't know my about organisational environment �

1 Like

Re: Top5 Questions You Should Never Leave An Interview Without Asking An Interviewer by Jethrolite(m): 1:24pm On Jul 21, 2018
gevans:

u can't tell
People who are smart and bold enough to ask these questions know what they want from life to not go looking for N25k jobs.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BAT Nigeria Sending Text Message / Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff / Brimstone Golden Concept Interview Invite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.