Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Kechi Okwuchi – Sosoliso Survivor Tells How She Copes 12years After Plane Crash - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kechi Okwuchi – Sosoliso Survivor Tells How She Copes 12years After Plane Crash (428 Views)

Sosoliso Crash Survivor Kechi Okwuchi Recalls Tragedy With 2007 Photos / Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Crash Survivor, Remembers 15th Anniversary Of Disaster / Munachi Abii Meets Kechi Okwuchi, Sosoliso Plane Crash Survivor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kechi Okwuchi – Sosoliso Survivor Tells How She Copes 12years After Plane Crash by Colossusgist(m): 5:36am On Jul 21, 2018
When I think back, I find that all I have tried to do is to take each day at a time and make constant efforts to insert God into every facet of my life. Music became a major part of my treatment and therapy when those close to me saw the noticeable change in my voice, which happened after the plane crash.

At that time, all the plans my parents and I had for my future were completely derailed, understandably. As my recovery journey began, my new plan was no plan at all: take each day as it comes and live as much as you can in the present.

Because of this new mindset, I had no grand plan for my future for a while and my main priority was to get better and gain back as much of my independence as I could. After each surgery, I was able to do more and more by myself, and it was in this way that I was able to finish secondary school, graduate with a BA in Economics and begin my MBA.

In all honesty, all I ever wanted was for God to enforce His will over my life, and whenever I look back, I feel that He did exactly that. Even when it seemed like I was encountering obstacles everywhere I turned, I really believed He has been there all along.

In 2015, you graduated from University of Saint Thomas in Texas, USA with a first class, and you also got invited into six honour societies including International Economics Honour Society, how did this make you feel?

Hard work will always yield results; it has no choice. Those were the words my mother said to me as I cried over my first ever college midterm score: a C in first level Philosophy. I cleaned my tears and decided to make those words my college motto.

If I wanted A, I had to put in the work for that A and it was a wonderful, satisfying feeling to see my mother’s words play out in my reality as a college student. Graduating in the top 10 of my year was a fulfillment of the truth of my motto, and I was so humbled to receive the additional honour of being student commencement speaker for my graduating class.

More than anything else, my academic achievements were my ultimate tribute to the 60 angels of the plane crash. My motivation was their loved ones left behind. I needed to show them that this life that had been saved that day had not been saved in vain, that it was excelling, living well and making them proud. I am happy I was able to give them that much, at least.

Was there any time during the last 12 years that you felt like quitting and just letting go? And do you sometimes blame God for what you went through?

Continue From Source
http://www.colossusgists.com/2018/07/kechi-okwuchi-sosoliso-survivor-tells.html

Re: Kechi Okwuchi – Sosoliso Survivor Tells How She Copes 12years After Plane Crash by Blessingbex(f): 12:21pm On Jul 21, 2018
Your voice alone move mountains

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

If You Want A Girl To Need You; Do This Things With Her / Fresh Trouble Looms For Tekno After Settlement With Danfo Drivers / 2017 Miss Ghana Resigns, Says Pageant Is A Big Sham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.