Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' (23594 Views)

IGP Ibrahim Idris In Marching Blunders At A Ceremony (Video) / IGP Ibrahim Idris' Transmission Video Was Doctored - Police Reacts / Transcript Of IGP Ibrahim Idris' 'Transmission' Message (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by Realhommie(m): 10:01pm On Jul 21, 2018
barragan:
Whoever wrote this headline is making a case for the IG. The person is criminally minded to have twisted what the man said.
You can imagine.. This is one of the many problems we're having to contend with in Naija. The curse of Social Media.

Go through the first and second pages and see comments, even those who claim to have double and triple digits IQ, lol.. It's sad really.

1 Like

Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by ADAMSHO(m): 10:06pm On Jul 21, 2018
he's really angry about how social media transmitted his transmission saga. He's really are a slowpoke for saying that, but blame isn't on him anyways.
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by DreamSonInlaw(m): 10:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
He made the statement but na me come dey fear for am
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by menthane(m): 10:14pm On Jul 21, 2018
PROFIT FROM FOREX with Alpari Forex and get over 20% of your invested fund Monthly with Capital Protection. Call 08064861360 for more info or Register with the link below:
Http://www.alpari.com/?partner_id=1236710
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by bluecircle470: 10:45pm On Jul 21, 2018
I took my time to read the interview patiently and over again.... I also took my time to read all the comments of my fellow Nairalanders....all i can see is just bitterness towards the IG for his various bad acts and we let that to becloud our sense of judgment. The IG says:

“Social media is a technology available to those that are criminally minded " he never said social media is a technology for the "criminally minded" or neither did he says its meant for the "criminally minded" so don't crucify him yet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by danielblessing(m): 10:49pm On Jul 21, 2018
Hnmmm, another excuse for transmission transmission error grin
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 21, 2018
Femi Adeshina, I sight you. Even with your eyes closed.
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by slimdamatrix1(m): 11:03pm On Jul 21, 2018
This man is a joker!
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by jeffoe(m): 11:04pm On Jul 21, 2018
bluecircle470:
I took my time to read the interview patiently and over again.... I also took my time to read all the comments of my fellow Nairalanders....all i can see is just bitterness towards the IG for his various bad acts and we let that to becloud our sense of judgment. The IG says:

“Social media is a technology available to those that are criminally minded " he never said social media is a technology for the "criminally minded" or neither did he says its meant for the "criminally minded" so don't crucify him yet.
In my previous comment I asked the op to change the caption but the dude did not. A lot of people most time make comments based on other people's comments without reading the op.

1 Like

Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by masks(m): 11:14pm On Jul 21, 2018
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by dokiOloye(m): 11:29pm On Jul 21, 2018
IsaAbubakar:
the most useless IGP In the history of the world
from the worst administration since mankind.

Buhari is a criminal terrorist

Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter aisha masha Allah amin
Lolzzz grin grin grin grin grin grin
Salam Aleikum,sheikh Abubakar from Kebbi

1 Like

Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by Octaves(m): 11:36pm On Jul 21, 2018
looks like his transmission has failed again.
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by bluecircle470: 11:38pm On Jul 21, 2018
jeffoe:
In my previous comment I asked the op to change the caption but the dude did not. A lot of people most time make comments based on other people's comments without reading the op.

God bless you brother
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by meeks1(m): 1:06am On Jul 22, 2018
This transmission man again seems like he wants to transmitt again yeye IGP
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by Smartjob1(f): 1:36am On Jul 22, 2018
This guy needs another job please!

If you need a job like him too, see my signature and sign up ASAP!
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by HouseOfWine: 1:38am On Jul 22, 2018
Recently I had someone close to me robbed at gunpoint

First of all i think the NPF need to be very proactive and responsive 24/7

Infact whats their hotline number thats rapid response ?

I said 24/7 cus this is at most a public security agency, so a 24/7 security should be their main priority regardless of external influences...

But I thought Buhari would have noticed this since he is actually a military personnel ...

Sorry but if a military man is our presido and doesn't know how to improve both paramilitary n military sector

Why then do we support progression if. incompetence is our motto...

Ekiti sold their Children's riGHt rather than seeing a better Nigeria

Am not saying PdP is better than Apc

But if a political party is willing to pay U to support em, how does it tell U Of the integrity of that party

For 1k Naira they did vote for APC annually

Pls who is worse : Apc/PdP or the ppl who sold their children birthright ?

We are 180 something milli do U think we cant make a revolution or create our change..

Even in some cities the taxi carries 4 ppl at the back my brethren is that comfortable too? considering only about 15 percent of Nigerians own their car..

So many things to say not enough time to say it...
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by DSDLIVEREPORT: 1:39am On Jul 22, 2018
I don't know what to write ,I am ashamed. So all those police social media account na official criminals dry manage am b dat . All of us including Trump,Warren Buffet on twitter, Bill Gates& Richard Branson on LinkedIn are basically criminal minded according to Nigeria Police act 2018 endorsed by IGP Crisis sorry Idris
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by DSDLIVEREPORT: 1:40am On Jul 22, 2018
I don't know what to write ,I am ashamed. So all those police social media account na official criminals dry manage am b dat . All of us including Trump,Warren Buffet on twitter, Bill Gates& Richard Branson on LinkedIn are basically criminal minded according to Nigeria Police act 2018 endorsed by IGP Crisis sorry Idris.
Where was Yomi Shogunle and all those slay police.officers when they wrote this for him ?
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by Princedapace(m): 2:54am On Jul 22, 2018
FarahAideed:
He actually meant to say that a lot of criminally minded people are on social media and could be using it to clamour for the shutting down of SARs ..

U are intelligent brotherly..

And that is the truth.. These end sars of a thing eh.. When ever I visit Ibadan, the very popular SARS office at Dugbe, I see how the SARS officers and the market women and men discuss and laugh together.

I travel and I see villagers sit and discuss with Mopol who are in high ways for security.

I see many play with them.

SARS can not end.. Their excesses can be worked on..

If Yahoo boys never wipe ur acct before or kidnappers never kidnap u or anyone u know, or robbers never deal with u before, or rapists never handle ur wife or sister, u wouldn't know how far..

Criminals wiped my UBA acct in 2013. I was depressed for months..

Kidnappers kidnapped one of my ex and when she shared her experiences, I almost wept. Kidnappers kidnapped one of my aunt husband, it was hell for all of us. That was two years ago..

2 Likes

Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by Teacher1776(m): 5:17am On Jul 22, 2018
FarahAideed:
He actually meant to say that a lot of criminally minded people are on social media and could be using it to clamour for the shutting down of SARs ..
Are you the one who wrote that transmission transmission speech for him?
Cos you are sounding as if u are his media aide.
Or are u saying the IGP is a baby, that when he speaks u may have to re-interpret his speech to grasp the real meaning in his words? Is this not clearly portending he lacks the credentials to functions properly as an IGP?
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by hakimi1974(m): 5:27am On Jul 22, 2018
Abeg, nah which era this man think say him dey?
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by IsaAbubakar: 5:29am On Jul 22, 2018
dokiOloye:
Lolzzz grin grin grin grin grin grin
Salam Aleikum,sheikh Abubakar from Kebbi
Assalamualaikum bro cool
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by deebrain(m): 5:41am On Jul 22, 2018
Many Nairalanders are simply not wise.

Why do you guys hurry to comment without reading the piece first?

Social media is available TO the criminal minded (which is 100% true).

I personally have reservations on this IG but that (what the Op stated) is not what he said.
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by TheInsignia: 6:21am On Jul 22, 2018
Comprehension people!

Social media is a technology.............(it is also) available to those that are criminally minded and we have to be careful on how we respond to this clamouring as you are saying.

The IG said is right. Social media is available to all.
Do not give a dog a bad name just so you can hang it.
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by kode12: 7:58am On Jul 22, 2018
This OP is very stupid. The IGP did not say SM is for the criminally minded, he said Social Media is available to the criminally minded, so the high amounts of clamoring against SARS may all not come from germaine persons, but from certain criminal elements who would love to see sars eliminated so they can perform their nefarious acts without hindrance
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by laxxy(m): 8:00am On Jul 22, 2018
Very unintelligent statement... It's a shame that majority of people occupying the seats of power are dimwits.
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by phase1: 9:06am On Jul 22, 2018
Social media and free press making tyrants shiit in their pants since 17BC. cheesy
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by Adefemiaderoju1: 9:13am On Jul 22, 2018
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by Adefemiaderoju1: 9:16am On Jul 22, 2018
Animal talk, this man is the most useless IGP that ever came out from this country imagine saying the Sars are doing wonderful job so far.seriously Buhari must be truly brain dead for appointing useless man.
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by onitshaman: 9:22am On Jul 22, 2018
[color=#770077][/color][quote author=IsaAbubakar post=69569072]the most useless IGP In the history of the world

Thunder scatter aisha masha Allah amin don't insult the president,I only blame our able PMB for choosing an illiterate nama herdsman to be the IG.the man IG is an ignorant,corrupt and inept police man. grin[quote author=IsaAbubakar post=69569072]the most useless IGP In the history of the world

Thunder scatter aisha masha Allah amin don't insult the president,I only blame our able PMB for choosing an illiterate nama herdsman to be the IG.the man IG is an ignorant,corrupt and inept police man.
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by onitshaman: 9:26am On Jul 22, 2018
please don't insult the president,I only blame our able PMB for choosing an illiterate nama herdsman to be the IG.the man IG is an ignorant,corrupt and inept police man.
Re: IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' by hustler86(m): 9:26am On Jul 22, 2018
IsaAbubakar:
the most useless IGP In the history of the world

Thunder scatter aisha masha Allah amin

You want the likes, now you have it, you want the shares now you have it... But what have you gained in raining curses on your leader still adding In shaa Allah to your statement .... Misguided youth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Muhammadu Kirowa Miyetti Allah President Blames Herders For Worsening Insecurity / Ortom To Atiku: I Won't Support Your Presidential Ambition / Defence Academy Attack Mastermind Killed, Military Warns Against Coup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.