Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination (11107 Views)

Maduka Picks PDP Form, To Lead The State Out Of Democratic Disadvantage (Photos) / Appeal Court Ask INEC To Include Rivers APC On Ballot / Senator Akpabio To Be Formally Received Into APC On Thursday - APC UK (2) (3) (4)

Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by Aminat508(f): 3:53pm On Jul 21, 2018
@AMILOADED

The Success Of Our Direct Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination - Oyetola

The Governorship Candidate of the All Progressives Congress in Osun State for the September 22 election, Alhaji Gboyega Oyetola has expressed happiness at the manner the maiden direct primary exercise of his party was conducted.

The direct primary system, which majority of aspirants rejected and boycotted, was held yesterday with Oyetola emerging victorious after defeating Hon. Lasun Yussuff and Hon. Najeem Salaam among other governorship aspirants who participated in APC.

Oyetola, in his acceptance speech after being declared winner of the election at the party secretariat in Osogbo on Friday night said the success of the direct primary system has placed Osun APC on the path of democratic rejuvenation.

He lauded members of the party for voting peacefully saging the exercise also signalled a rebirth of membership faith in the party.

His words: "Your state was chosen as the ground for the litmus test of participatory democracy applied through the Direct primaries for elections. You did not fail or faulter.

“In your large numbers you trooped out to exercise your civic rights as enshrined in the APC constitution nay Nigeria.

“Osun demonstrated what was possible today by voting peacefully and exercising their democratic rights. “The success of the direct primaries in Osun has placed our party, the APC on a path of democratic rejuvination and a rebirth of membership faith in the party. So let me begin by thanking all the card carrying members of the APC in the state of Osun who voted and contributed to making the exercise a success. How can I forget the excitement I saw on the faces of thousands who queued up with their cards to vote.

“From Iwo to Ede, from Ede to Ejigbo. From Osogbo to ijebu jesha, from Ada to Iragbiji, the story is the same – proud APC members happy to exercise their rights.

“I am humbled by the fact that I have emerged the winner of the contest. It was made possible by you the party members and your votes.

With deep humility and a sense of duty I accept your verdict that I should carry forward the torch of our party in the next elections.

“I assure you that your choice will not be wasted. You have settled for a man steady in his ways, firm in his convictions about the purpose of government, which is to promote the welfare of the people, protect their rights and provide good governance.

“Let me recognize all that came on this journey with me. They ran a keen contest and in the spirit of our party shunned violence. I salute them and stretch out my hands of fellowship and brotherhood to each and every co-contestant for this ticket. The victory is for all of us and as we continue our party’s bid to win the election and keep on the good works of moving our State up the global development level, I invite all my co-contestants to join me in the task of winning the election of September 22 and running a people oriented government.

“We have only won the battle. The war lies ahead of us. Our opponents from other parties increase their arsenal to fight with us. But we are ready. We are tested. Like the broom sweeping away the rot, we are set and ready. The 60 days plus ahead will not be easy but i am confident in our ability to protect what we have.

“To our quintessential governor, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, how can I begin to extol and thank you. Working with you has been like constantly jugging and through you serving the people has had a different meaning. I can assure you that all you have laboured to achieve for the goodness and well being of the people will not be in vain. We shall work assiduously to ensure continuity and consolidation of your efforts.

“I thank Gov. Abdul Azeez Yari who lead the team from the APC headquarters to conduct the primaries. Under your watch the people of Osun and our great party witnessed the opening of a new chapter and the needed filip for a rebound of of participatory democracy.

Gov. Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State, thank you for standing by the people of Osun. You have strengthened the Omoluabi bond that we share."

Source : https://www.amiloaded.com/2018/07/the-success-of-our-direct-primary-has.html

Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by Nairalandmentor(m): 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
Just hope states like IMO and Rivers will follow suit.
Still thinking about creating a website? Get started today! No advance payment required. Check my signature

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by Olumiland(m): 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
This dude denied me FTC
Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by BruncleZuma: 4:09pm On Jul 21, 2018

Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by Shakushaku1(m): 4:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
U and ya party will also suffer the kinda fayose fate if aregbe refuse to Balance the salary he's owing.

Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by theoldpretender(m): 4:09pm On Jul 21, 2018
At least no violence, and so far no 'rejections'

BUT

Would be good if in 2019 Nigerians could be bold enough to vote out PDP and APC and get some new people with new ideas in.

Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by Immanuelar(m): 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2018
Success indeed,
It seems dis politicians are yet to wake up. Same treatment workers gave to fayose will be given to aregbesola.
We will collect ur money and still won't vote for u!

You have failed us

Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by Greenarrow01(m): 4:13pm On Jul 21, 2018
Congrats sir.. just continue the good infrastructural development Aregbe started.

We the omoluabis love governors that are handpicked by
TINUBU ... cos they always perform.
Start from fashola, ambode, Aregbe,

Others that 're not his wish keep failing.

Yahaya bello
Akeredelu despite all the fanfare.

Look I am not really much of APC or pdp

Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by hushshinani(m): 4:13pm On Jul 21, 2018
Most civilized primary election ever done in Nigeria...

Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 21, 2018
Shakushaku1:
U and ya party will also suffer the kinda fayose fate if aregbe refuse to Balance the salary he's owing.
Stop smoking weed
Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by innocential3032(m): 4:18pm On Jul 21, 2018
first to comment issa goal, can't bliv SEUN credit me yesterday for b FC
Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by Shakushaku1(m): 4:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
Immanuelar:
Success indeed,
It seems dis politicians are yet to wake up. Same treatment workers gave to fayose will be given to aregbesola.

You have failed us

E go shock dem
Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by Shakushaku1(m): 4:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
4601CE:
Stop smoking weed

E go shock u
Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by Greenarrow01(m): 4:25pm On Jul 21, 2018
Immanuelar:
Success indeed,

You have failed us

I doubt if you 're from osun state

Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by ogunsj: 4:25pm On Jul 21, 2018
Immanuelar:
Success indeed,

You have failed us
for now it's success, when they get to that bridge they we cross it. just relax.
Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by Greenarrow01(m): 4:26pm On Jul 21, 2018
Shakushaku1:

Aregbe worked and developed the state.
Fayose built just a bridge and was eating ponmo up nd down

Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by sojdson: 4:30pm On Jul 21, 2018
Immanuelar:
Success indeed,

You have failed us

They are wise now; you show your vote (ballot paper) before payment. Ask them in Ekiti, they will tell
Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by Minjim: 4:31pm On Jul 21, 2018
It surely did.

This's the best manner to conduct a primary. All those condemning it now are just either jealous or too afraid to take the bold step.
Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by Dollabiz: 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2018
Really
Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by notttty(m): 4:34pm On Jul 21, 2018
This man's speech sounds like the speech i gave when i finally had sex with my crush after 15months of asking her out. I took time to appreciate all my niggers tha help drove me there or followed to withnes some embarassing snubs frm her. I thanked mom and sis for always making there cars available. My dad for always being my major financial pillar cos without him it would ve been an abandoned project. Finally i thank my competitors both within the estate and world wide, it was a close victory,the one that was keenly contested. I hope u guys will join hands with me in thrusting. Thank u all and goodevening.

Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by teens(m): 4:52pm On Jul 21, 2018
Nice one.....
Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by buynaijagoods: 5:10pm On Jul 21, 2018
God's will be done in Osun.

Buy and sell made in Nigeria Products on https://buynaijagoods.com .
Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by Lovemaester: 5:16pm On Jul 21, 2018
notttty:
This man's speech sounds like the speech i gave when i finally had sex with my crush after 15months of asking her out. I took time to appreciate all my niggers tha help drove me there or followed to withnes some embarassing snubs frm her. I thanked mom and sis for always making there cars available. My dad for always being my major financial pillar cos without him it would ve been an abandoned project. Finally i thank my competitors both within the estate and world wide, it was a close victory,the one that was keenly contested. I hope u guys will join hands with me in thrusting. Thank u all and goodevening.

nigga u funny as hell. nice one

Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by gudugudumeje: 5:40pm On Jul 21, 2018
Fraud + non-transparency= APC rejuvenation in Osun State = Aregbesola's son 2be planted to be Governor after Oyetola. Osun, be mumu! No be so!
Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by julioralph(m): 5:43pm On Jul 21, 2018
Muslim Governor to be replaced by another Muslim candidate..

No complaints from Muric dis time around shebi

Hmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by Maket: 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2018
Let me clap my hands for you people
Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by sexyanyabubakar(f): 9:34am On Jul 22, 2018
Greenarrow01:
Congrats sir.. just continue the good infrastructural development Aregbe started.

We the omoluabis love governors that are handpicked by
TINUBU ... cos they always perform.
Start from fashola, ambode, Aregbe,

Others that 're not his wish keep failing.

Yahaya bello
Akeredelu despite all the fanfare.

Look I am not really much of APC or pdp

Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 25, 2018
Aminat508:
@AMILOADED

The Success Of Our Direct Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination - Oyetola

Source : https://www.amiloaded.com/2018/07/the-success-of-our-direct-primary-has.html
Hello Madam Aminat,please I urgently need your help.I sent you a Pm, don't know if you got it.
Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by Aminat508(f): 9:43pm On Jul 25, 2018
awakad90:

Hello Madam Aminat,please I urgently need your help.I sent you a Pm, don't know if you got it.
OK. I will check, Good evening
Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by lakesidepapa(m): 10:47pm On Jul 25, 2018
Shakushaku1:

Oga forget all these tata tata! in 2014, Aregbe was owning the workers salary and majority of them didn't vote for me but he still won the election. Dont relate Ekiti scenario With Osun state.

Ekiti is a civil servants state, Osun is different. all these iya lojas, olokoda, oni korope, onimoto, alajapa, motorists and masses in general aee seeing the good works and developments, they voted for him in 2014 and they will also repeat it for Oyetola this time again.
Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 26, 2018
Aminat508:
Ok..please I really need your help. I need some financial help from you to start of a small business after waiting long without securing any job. Anything will be appreciated Madam. Please i didn't mean to embarrass you and wouldng like you to take offence from it.
Looking forward to reading from you.
Re: Success Of Our Primary Has Placed Osun APC On Path Of Democratic Rejuvination by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 31, 2018
Aminat508:
You ignored me.. Such is life.Thank you.

Senator Akpabio Sends Akwa Ibomites Into Wild Jubilation Over Victory At Tribuna / Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates / Stop Depending On Men - Nnia Nwodo Tells Women