Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,127 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Is The Holy Communion Met For Everyone Or Some Set Of People? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Holy Communion Met For Everyone Or Some Set Of People? (240 Views)

Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card / Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is The Holy Communion Met For Everyone Or Some Set Of People? by Nedfed(m): 10:48am On Jul 22, 2018
I was invited to a Catholic church some weeks back and I noticed/observed only some set of people are allowed to part take of the holy communion, while last week I was in another church were almost everyone took part in this same communion just that they only make an altar call for the sinners before the communion.

Please what does the bible say about this?
I need an explanation, tnx.
Re: Is The Holy Communion Met For Everyone Or Some Set Of People? by Andy2274: 11:47am On Jul 22, 2018
Holy communion in Catholic Church is only for baptized Catholics.
Re: Is The Holy Communion Met For Everyone Or Some Set Of People? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:28pm On Jul 22, 2018
Nedfed:
I was invited to a Catholic church some weeks back and I noticed/observed only some set of people are allowed to part take of the holy communion, while last week I was in another church were almost everyone took part in this same communion just that they only make an altar call for the sinners before the communion.

Please what does the bible say about this?
I need an explanation, tnx.
communion is for baptised, still believing Catholics who are in grace

the biblical guideline for who comes for communion is

1 cor 11

28Each one must examine himself before he eats
of the bread and drinks of the cup. 29 For anyone
who eats and drinks without recognizing the body
eats and drinks judgment on himself. 30 That is why
many among you are weak and sick, and a number of
you have fallen asleep.…
B

(1) (Reply)

He Is At Your Right Hand / Eben X Jahdiel Release New Song”jesu Doh”-download Mp3 / Do You Know God Is A Very Stubborn God So Are His Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.