Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,567 members, 7,770,484 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:06 AM

Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia (38147 Views)

3 Nigerians Arrested With 21 Bags Of Drugs In Cambodia (Photos) / Nigerian Man And His Girlfriend Arrested In Cambodia For Online Fraud [photo] / Nigerian Man Arrested In Cambodia For Scamming Vietnamese Woman Out Of $356,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Yankee101: 10:07pm On Jul 22, 2018
Kwenu

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by winkmart: 10:07pm On Jul 22, 2018
Good

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Segzay(m): 10:08pm On Jul 22, 2018
Yoruba-skul minning.

Igbo- Drug trafficking.

Hausa- Fulani herdsmen.

Nigeria is a punishment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by HomeOfMe(f): 10:09pm On Jul 22, 2018
damiloladuke:
A Nigerian man has been sentenced to life in prison for drug trafficking by a Phnom Penh Municipal Court in Cambodia, and another gets 30 years. They were also fined $17,500 each.

The convicts, Boniface Okoro Chukwuka, 28, and Frank Obiora Dozie, 34, were charged with smuggling more than a kilo of cocaine into Cambodia from Colombia. They went on trial on July 5th.

Presiding Judge Seng Rithy said the two were arrested on July 13, 2017 by Anti-Drug police working with customs police at the Phnom Penh airport.

He added that after their arrests, police seized 189 packs of cocaine, weighing 1.1 kilos, which were hidden in a box containing imitation jewellery that had been couriered to Cambodia.

During the trial, Mr Chukwuka, who got life imprisonment, had admitted to the crime while Mr Dozie claimed innocence.

Mr Chukwuka said that he bought the drugs for $15 000 from a Nigerian man in Colombia and intended to sell it in Thailand.

“The drugs seized belonged to me. I imported them from Colombia,” he told the court. “I acknowledge that I have made a mistake. I would like to request a lenient sentence.”

Mr Dozie said he knew Mr Chukwuka, but did not know anything about the drugs. He said that he was arrested because he was staying with Mr Chukwuka when police raided his rental house in Chom Chao commune last year.

“I am innocent,” he said. “I would like to ask the court to drop the charge and release me.”

However, deputy prosecutor Kol Bun said the two accused belonged to a group of foreign drug traffickers who were hiding in Cambodia.

Outside the courtroom following the sentencing, Mr Dozie said he plans to file an appeal.

"It's a great injustice, " he said. "I do not accept the judgement because I did not know about the drugs and was not involved in the trafficking. I will file an appeal"

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-man-sentenced-to-life-in-prison-for-drug-trafficking-in-cambodia/

They don't ever disappoint,dragging their family name to the mud. If you talk from now till thy kingdom come,they keep doing these stuff.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by blazer2018: 10:09pm On Jul 22, 2018
Prisoner in Cambodia? At least if jail time is part of ur destiny why don't u kuku ma go Holland or Spain go commit crime...at least u will feel at home in their prison cells...But Cambodia? U are finished.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by sojayy(m): 10:11pm On Jul 22, 2018
Igbo amaka ! We r d deveroper !

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by oglalasioux(m): 10:11pm On Jul 22, 2018
Olalan:
Quite unfortunate they didn't learn from the experience of past drug peddlers who were caught and sentenced to death.

If you are given the assurance Nigerian pastors give these drug pushers that God will cover the eyes of law enforcement agents when they pass through checks, you'll know why they don't care about those who have been executed for same offense.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 22, 2018
Igbo and drugs trafficking be like tea and bread
Its in their gene

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by notoriousbabe: 10:22pm On Jul 22, 2018
Dem for kill dem jo

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Ups01(m): 10:22pm On Jul 22, 2018
Sad news. Just look at how 1KG of Coke can destroy someone's life. cry

STOP PEDDLING DRUGS!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 22, 2018
Sharpshooota:

Go look for a skull as usual

Guess who just got life for drug trafficking ? grin

Ibo amaka

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 22, 2018
I am confused, I thought they get death sentence, so why life sentence?

Waste of the poor countries resources if you ask me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by flames01: 10:25pm On Jul 22, 2018
Donald95:
lol. Earlier today, A post came showing beauty of some white men prisons. Now, Some people from the western part of Shithole decided to commit crime so that they will enjoy those prisons. SMH

Western side? Are you smoking skunk or something?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by mbfarmer(m): 10:25pm On Jul 22, 2018
Bluetooth2:

These are the real hardworking biafrans

Ibo amaka grin
Why always igbos for this drug trafficking ??

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 22, 2018
mbfarmer:

Why always igbos for this drug trafficking ??

It’s in their DNA grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Abuloma80(f): 10:28pm On Jul 22, 2018
SEONaijaExpert:
That's one person again spoiling the international image

I do quality SEO ranking for your blog/website. Contact me

With your exception Nairaland is now becoming matured and detribalized by not bringing in a particular tribe being responsible. Good indeed, though I don't know what subsequent posters will say. What ever please let's avoid saying that such acts are usually done by a particular tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by MrT4T: 10:28pm On Jul 22, 2018
Nothing special abt this thread. no be Igbo? mtsssss

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by MrT4T: 10:28pm On Jul 22, 2018
Nothing special abt this thread. no be Igbos? mtssss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by GavelSlam: 10:29pm On Jul 22, 2018
EgunMogaji:
I am confused, I thought they get death sentence, so why life sentence?

Waste of the poor countries resources if you ask me.

I think pleading guilty reduces the sentence.
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by FuckoffMOD: 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2018
Igbo AMAka
grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Orpe7(m): 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2018
Flat heads

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Printerscanner: 10:31pm On Jul 22, 2018
Sharpshooota:

Your skull is the next to be mined by the yahoo boys.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by flames01: 10:32pm On Jul 22, 2018
Sharpshooota:

Igbo Amaka. Cambodia Development Association (CDA)

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by sonsomegrigbo: 10:32pm On Jul 22, 2018
Sharpshooota:

Never mind those bloody tribalists!

Tribalism Na their way
Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by ahamonyeka(m): 10:35pm On Jul 22, 2018
damiloladuke:
A Nigerian man has been sentenced to life in prison for drug trafficking by a Phnom Penh Municipal Court in Cambodia, and another gets 30 years. They were also fined $17,500 each.

The convicts, Boniface Okoro Chukwuka, 28, and Frank Obiora Dozie, 34, were charged with smuggling more than a kilo of cocaine into Cambodia from Colombia. They went on trial on July 5th.

Presiding Judge Seng Rithy said the two were arrested on July 13, 2017 by Anti-Drug police working with customs police at the Phnom Penh airport.

He added that after their arrests, police seized 189 packs of cocaine, weighing 1.1 kilos, which were hidden in a box containing imitation jewellery that had been couriered to Cambodia.

During the trial, Mr Chukwuka, who got life imprisonment, had admitted to the crime while Mr Dozie claimed innocence.

Mr Chukwuka said that he bought the drugs for $15 000 from a Nigerian man in Colombia and intended to sell it in Thailand.

“The drugs seized belonged to me. I imported them from Colombia,” he told the court. “I acknowledge that I have made a mistake. I would like to request a lenient sentence.”

Mr Dozie said he knew Mr Chukwuka, but did not know anything about the drugs. He said that he was arrested because he was staying with Mr Chukwuka when police raided his rental house in Chom Chao commune last year.

“I am innocent,” he said. “I would like to ask the court to drop the charge and release me.”

However, deputy prosecutor Kol Bun said the two accused belonged to a group of foreign drug traffickers who were hiding in Cambodia.

Outside the courtroom following the sentencing, Mr Dozie said he plans to file an appeal.

"It's a great injustice, " he said. "I do not accept the judgement because I did not know about the drugs and was not involved in the trafficking. I will file an appeal"

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-man-sentenced-to-life-in-prison-for-drug-trafficking-in-cambodia/

handsome big boys.

Igbo kwenu!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by mumisco4real(f): 10:35pm On Jul 22, 2018
trust me they will still blame PMB for this .biagoats

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Nathan2016: 10:35pm On Jul 22, 2018
webbro007:
Small girl big God (runs girls)
Small boy big God (yahoo boys)
Oluwa is involved (yahoo plus)
Naija won't kill person

Naija won't kill person (broke a$$ niga$$)

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by Sluvist(m): 10:36pm On Jul 22, 2018
Igbos don go abroad spoil din kwantry name finish

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by LZAA: 10:36pm On Jul 22, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:
Let me hear it again! Igbo Amaka!
Igbo Amaka! !

Cc Immhotep lzaa PrecisionFx Bede2u lzaa lzaa b'stds lzaa

Re: Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia by BUHARILONGNECK: 10:38pm On Jul 22, 2018
Our hardworking brothers from the land of Jews

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Housewife Kills Husband To Remarry Ex-husband In Kebbi / Nigerian Guy Stops Petrol Station In His Area From Collecting "Keg Charges" / Police Officer Caught On Camera Assaulting A Pregnant Woman In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.